PDA

View Full Version : Instagram, Pinterst, Tumblr? What is this stuff?

Topkat
09-18-2012, 03:23 PM
What are Instagram, Pinterst, & Tumblr??? Do I need to join these? Bad enough I am doing Facebook & Twitter......I don't know if I can handle any more of this stuff? Will I be missing out if I don't join these?

Can one of you techies please explain these to me & what are the advantages to signing up with them...I just feel overloaded with all this stuff...:brickwall::brickwall:

zeldabjr
09-18-2012, 07:36 PM
What are Instagram, Pinterst, & Tumblr??? Do I need to join these? Bad enough I am doing Facebook & Twitter......I don't know if I can handle any more of this stuff? Will I be missing out if I don't join these?

Can one of you techies please explain these to me & what are the advantages to signing up with them...I just feel overloaded with all this stuff...:brickwall::brickwall:

I'm with you TK on these...I've never even heard of Tumblr?...I have heard of Instagram but have no idea what it is and don't think I care...I had a friend talk to me about signing up on Pinterest...I went to the site and all I saw was a bunch of pictures...could never figure out what the point of it is...?

EagleLady
09-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Tumblr is where you can blog and post pictures, reblog stuff, pretty cool IMO. Never tried Pinterest or Instagram though

Tori
09-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Tumblr is a blogging site where you can post pictures, text and whatnot. It's geared way more towards teenagers and young adults... which is why I have a Tumblr blog. :nahnah: (Not much of an Eagles fandom there, either, which is kind of disappointing.)

Instagram is basically where you can put filters on a photo to make it look cool, and then post it to Facebook or Twitter. I don't use it.

I'm actually not entirely sure what Pinterest is, actually... I don't use that either. Something to do with pinning things into groups according to what you like.

I don't think you'd be missing out on much if you didn't join these sites. Facebook and Twitter are basically the big two that are important!

whitcap
09-18-2012, 08:52 PM
I don't use any of these sites. My understanding of pinterest is that its kind of like an online bulletin board that you pin your interests to for followers to see. Tori and EL have a better understanding of Tumblr and Instagram than I do.

I don't think you're missing anything by not signing up to them.

Brooke
09-18-2012, 09:18 PM
I look at pininterest sometimes. There a lots of pictures of recipes, hair styles, pictures, sayings, room designs, clothing designs, people, etc. You can click on one and get more information. You don't have to join. I was going to but never saw the need.

I don't have a clue about the others.

Topkat
09-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the information. That helped a bit. I may check out Instagram, but I think I will pass on the others. I just feel overwhelmed sometimes with all this stuff going on. :)

Grey Sadler
09-18-2012, 10:32 PM
I love me some Pinterest!! :partytime:
I'm kinda "crafty"/DIY, so I get some ideas from there...also some teacher ideas, even though they are more for younger kids than HS...

sodascouts
09-18-2012, 11:05 PM
yeah, I've had several friends tell me to look at Pinterest for decorating and fashion ideas... not sure what the says about my decor or apparel, lol.

WalshFan88
09-19-2012, 02:52 AM
Never use Pinterest or Tumblr but love Instagram (now owned by Facebook) along with Facebook and Twitter of course.

Instagram does allow you to put cool effects on photos but one of the NICEST things about it is that it will put the pic up to all of your social networks at once so you don't have to go to the FB app, upload, go to the Twitter app, upload, etc. One button uploads it to both. I like that even more than the filters (which are cool). Also you do have the option of no filter and just using it as an upload service. And on a certain pic if you want it to go up to only one service, you can select which (FB or Twitter) at the time of upload. And people can also follow you directly from Instagram for those that aren't on your FB or Twitter. You can also turn that feature off and hide your photos from the Instagram community and just use it as a means to upload it to the social networks or just store your photos for later uploading. You can take a pic from inside Instagram's app or choose one already taken from the camera app.

sodascouts
10-22-2012, 12:55 PM
I finally listened to my friends and signed up to Pinterest. It's lots of fun to look at various outfit ideas and "pin" the ones I like as well as see what my friends have pinned, but it sure can be a time suck! It's also led to me spending $130 ordering clothes online. Not a good thing!

Wildthyme
10-22-2012, 01:19 PM
With your new svelte figure you probably deserve some new clothes :D

Ive always been a dreamer
10-22-2012, 01:57 PM
I finally listened to my friends and signed up to Pinterest. It's lots of fun to look at various outfit ideas and "pin" the ones I like as well as see what my friends have pinned, but it sure can be a time suck! It's also led to me spending $130 ordering clothes online. Not a good thing!

Well - it's working beautifully as far as Pinterest is concerned then. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
10-22-2012, 05:49 PM
With your new svelte figure you probably deserve some new clothes :D

Aw, thanks! But ironically, my bank account needs to be a bit fatter first. ;)

TimothyBFan
10-23-2012, 08:13 AM
LOVE Pinterest!! I use it mainly for finally keeping all my online recipes in one place. So much on there. When I get started browsing, I find all kinds of stuff and time just flies!

Grey Sadler
10-25-2012, 10:49 PM
ack...I started following the Pinterest boards of a gal that liked/repinned some of my Eagles/Glenn pictures...just now looked at her board...it's SODASCOUTS :doh::razz:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-25-2012, 10:50 PM
amy omg too funny
fools seldom differ or great minds think alike you pick:hilarious:

sodascouts
10-26-2012, 02:50 PM
ack...I started following the Pinterest boards of a gal that liked/repinned some of my Eagles/Glenn pictures...just now looked at her board...it's SODASCOUTS :doh::razz:

Lol! Who are you on there? PM me if you like. It's reciprocity!

Prettymaid
10-26-2012, 08:55 PM
♪♫♪♫ It's a small world after all.... ♪♪♫♫