PDA

View Full Version : Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Glennsallnighter
01-06-2008, 08:34 AM
My daughter got junior scrabble for Christmas from my sister. When we went to play it last night (for the first time :blush: ) four of the first 5 letters that I drew totally at random were E A G L !!

EasyFeeling
01-06-2008, 10:49 AM
lol GA. You all are having many Eagles moments and I enjoyed reading it. :D

Claire
01-07-2008, 03:30 PM
A few months ago, one of my friends was reading a Stephen King's book called Christine. I took briefly a look at it and stumbled upon this quote at the beginning of a chapter: "I packed up my car and I got some gas, and told everybody they could kiss my ass"...
This surely reminds you of someone :D
And by the way, happy new year to everyone, it's my first post for 2008!

sodascouts
01-07-2008, 04:08 PM
LOL - great find, Claire! And Happy New Year to you, too!

Glennsallnighter
01-08-2008, 05:41 AM
A few months ago, one of my friends was reading a Stephen King's book called Christine. I took briefly a look at it and stumbled upon this quote at the beginning of a chapter: "I packed up my car and I got some gas, and told everybody they could kiss my ass"...

Reminds me of someone too Claire! I LOVE that line, and I love the way he smiles as he sings it. :inlove:

Bonne Annee to you too Claire!

glenneaglesfan
01-08-2008, 10:52 AM
That's too funny, Claire! I read that book well before I knew who Glenn Frey was.

Happy New Year to you!

Ive always been a dreamer
01-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh wow, Claire. Thanks for that info. I'm now going to have to get that book just so I can get a copy of that in print. :shock: It's good to know that Stephen King would quote any of our guys in his books. :D

And Happy New Year from me, too.

Mrs Frey
01-09-2008, 06:29 AM
I've missed a bit in this thread over the last while!

My mother and I hit the after-Christmas sales yesterday, and as we were buying half-price Christmas decorations to use next year, I heard a familiar voice and "Boys of Summer" came on the store's music system. I laughed because the store next door was still playing "Please Come Home for Christmas," so I went from Don singing about the holidays to Don singing about summertime in less than five minutes! :wink:

DF, that is just SO COOL! 8)

Mrs Frey
01-09-2008, 06:33 AM
Good one, GA! Did you know the official Eagles Touring Company address is on Glendon Road? Do you think they chose that deliberately? :wink:

Heck, I wondered if Azoff demanded they rename the road! ;)

Very cute story, GA!

Soda, that is hilarious! :hilarious: You are so sharp!

GA, you are raising your daughter right! 8)

GEF, thanks for that information about the Eagles Touring Company address. Good grief, what a coincidence! :shock:

Mrs Frey
01-09-2008, 06:37 AM
My daughter got junior scrabble for Christmas from my sister. When we went to play it last night (for the first time :blush: ) four of the first 5 letters that I drew totally at random were E A G L !!

GA, I have to warn you: the Eagles have crept into your brain and are controlling your every move... :wink: They're psychic, too... :wink: :wink:

In all seriousness, that is amazing! 8)

Mrs Frey
01-09-2008, 06:43 AM

Isn't it amazing that you decide to take a quick look at the book and your eyes fall on that quote. Wow! 8) "Partytown" is one of my favourite Glenn :heart: songs. It has such wonderful rhythm and the energy is infectious. His vocal is fabulous and I'm sure the lyrics were written with tongue firmly in cheek! I love his Dublin and Japan performances of this song, particularly when he sings that line - that mischievous look in his eye gets me everytime! :inlove: And he always seems to enjoy the simple yet effective guitar solo!

My father got quite a shock when he first heard Glenn :heart: sing that line... :roll: :lol:

Happy New Year to you too, Claire, and may you post much more for us this year!

Glennsallnighter
01-09-2008, 08:13 AM

GA, I have to warn you: the Eagles have crept into your brain and are controlling your every move... :wink: They're psychic, too... :wink: :wink:

In all seriousness, that is amazing! 8)

They're not only controlling my every move......they (or rather Glenn :heart: is)'re controlling my every thought as well :D .

Oh I love Glenn :heart: 's controlling influence! Really gets me heart beating....

EasyFeeling
01-09-2008, 08:20 AM
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

Mrs Frey
01-10-2008, 06:28 AM
I hear you, GA... :twisted:

I heard Kylie Minogue's "Two Hearts" on the radio this morning, and immediately thought of Glenn's :heart: song of the same name from his "Soul Searchin'" album. I'm so sad. :blush:

Glennsallnighter
01-10-2008, 01:18 PM
On the one day in the year that hubby and I had to drive into town we were stopped near the courts for about an hour due to a bombscare. :roll: The only consolation was that we were stopped outside a pub called 'Legal Eagle' :D

sodascouts
01-10-2008, 02:26 PM
A bombscare - oh my goodness! I'm glad you're OK. Cool about the pub, too. I might have been going inside it, lol.

Glennsallnighter
01-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Well the cops weren't allowing anyone down the street that the pub was on (it sort of sides onto the main street that we were on). So going in wasn't an option. We didn't realise it was a bombscare until the news came on later. Turned out to be a hoax.

glenneaglesfan
01-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Scary, GA, but I'm sure you had some consolation from the pub's name!

MF, I always think of GF when I play Phil Collins song 'Two Hearts.'

Glennsallnighter
01-10-2008, 06:20 PM

Well it wasn't too bad GEF because as I say at the time we weren't aware what the delay was although a few cop cars did zoom past in the bus lane (Fast Lane :wink: ?). At the time we just put it down to 'Normal Dublin Traffic' :roll:

Mrs Frey
01-11-2008, 02:21 AM
Well, GA, I'm glad you are okay and that the bombscare turned out to be a hoax. Good grief. The pub has a cool name, though. 8)

GEF, regarding "Two Hearts" - great minds, and all that... 8) :wink:

Glennsallnighter
01-11-2008, 03:20 AM
Love the new av MF! You've been busy this week :wink: .

Oh! PEF has just come on the radio!

Excuse me while I lose myself in the memories :inlove:

Mrs Frey
01-11-2008, 06:14 AM
I'm glad you like my AV, GA! Thanks. I think it's very sexy myself... :twisted: I actually made it a long time ago, but only got around to using it now. I know GEF will like it, too - she likes that little smile... :wink:

Lose yourself in memories all you like, girlfriend - perhaps one day I'll be able to make memories like those for myself, too. :pray:

glenneaglesfan
01-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Yes, you're absolutely right, MF; I love it!

Freypower
01-11-2008, 05:58 PM

Neither of them are very good songs. I think of Soul Searchin' when I hear LRB's Soul Searching (or as Mr Frey said to Mr Shorrock 'we both wrote a song with the same title without even knowin' it').

katherine5832
01-11-2008, 10:19 PM
I don't have a lot of things that remind me of the Eagles, but whenever I hear or see Melissa Etheridge, it reminds me of the first of the two HFO concerts that I saw. She opened up for the Eagles at Tiger Stadium during the HFO tour. She may have opened up for the second concert, but I can't remember that one as well.

However, the Eagles' songs remind me of events (usually quite minor) that I've had in my life.

Examples:

Whenever I see the album cover for Greatest Hits, I'm immediately transported to my middle school years. The lyrics weren't included in the album, so I would sit there with my headphones on and diligently write down all of the lyrics. It was probably my first album that I purchased through the Columbia House Record Club.

Whenever I hear Take It Easy, I think of driving down long stretches of deserted highways in Wyoming.

The Long Run reminds me of my Drama class in middle school. We had to do a radio show and The Long Run was one of the songs that we played. The only other song I can remember was Ted Nugent's Cat Scratch Fever.

New Kid in Town reminds me of elementary school (!) and indoor recess. Some of the girls would bring in records to play and I distinctly remember listening to that one a lot.

It's not an Eagles song, but Boys of Summer makes me think of MTV when they actually played videos! I spent way too many hours watching MTV with my friends waiting to see Duran Duran videos, but I was always happy to see the BOS video too!

Claire
01-14-2008, 03:55 PM
It's the same for me Katherine, many Eagles' songs remind me of particular moments!

MF, Partytown is one of my favourite Glenn's song too :D . It's so powerful, particulary his voice, and the nice guitar solo in the end... I just love it! And I understand your father's reaction, my mother had the same when I told her what he meant :laugh:

sodascouts
01-14-2008, 05:37 PM

Neither of them are very good songs. I think of Soul Searchin' when I hear LRB's Soul Searching (or as Mr Frey said to Mr Shorrock 'we both wrote a song with the same title without even knowin' it').

Phil Collins' one isn't bad, but I believe Glenn's "Two Hearts" is the worst song in his entire solo catalog. (Sorry Glenn!)

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Another pub.... This time called 'Royal Oak' :D

glenneaglesfan
01-14-2008, 07:17 PM
I think you should let Glenn's Two Hearts grow on you, Soda! (Admittedly the lyrics leave something to be desired, but it's not such a bad song!).

We visited the in-laws at the weekend. In the county where 'GF' fronts a lot of the numberplates I was smiling a lot, but this was a good one. GF06DHO. 8)

Mrs Frey
01-15-2008, 10:18 AM
That's a very cool numberplate, GEF! 8)

Regarding "Two Hearts": I suppose I wasn't crazy about the song when I first heard it, but it has grown on me. There isn't one of Glenn's :heart: songs that I don't like at all, I can confidently say.

There has been a lot of crows hanging around in my area lately, which has been rather disturbing in a way, but without fail I think of "Somebody" from LROOE whenever I see one! :blush:

Freypower
01-15-2008, 07:11 PM
I have to disagree. I don't like Two Hearts, or Better In The USA, or Sexy Girl, and I am not much of a fan of I Got Love either. I love Glenn but some of his solo songs are far too lightweight.

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Great number plate GEF! I wonder does the owner know how lucky he or she is!

01-15-2008, 10:03 PM
GEF - That is a totally cool license plate. I should get me one of those. :D

Two Hearts isn't one of my favorite Glenn solo songs either, but I don't think any of them are terrible. FP, I just love I Got Love and so does my mom. I is just so catchy. Most of the time, I don't mind lightweight song because they actually do help to "lighten" me up (while they still can). :wink: :wink:

Glennsallnighter
01-17-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm watching tennis at the moment from ..... the Rod Laver Arena!

Freypower
01-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Been there, done that.... :wink:

And isn't the blue surface horrible to look at?!

Glennsallnighter
01-17-2008, 08:46 PM

Yep! Awful! :evil: :evil:

Mrs Frey
01-18-2008, 07:13 AM
I have to disagree. I don't like Two Hearts, or Better In The USA, or Sexy Girl, and I am not much of a fan of I Got Love either. I love Glenn but some of his solo songs are far too lightweight.

I wouldn't say any of these that you mentioned are among my favourites either, but I still enjoy them. "Sexy Girl" particularly just grew on me. I don't know what it is exactly, but when Glenn :heart: launches into "She moved in next door to me", I just hold my breath and then let out a deep sigh. :blush: His voice sounds amazing.

I think "Better In The USA" is a fun song. I always get a laugh out of the lyric, "If we're so awful/And we're so bad/you oughta check the nightlife in Leningrad". :lol: Of course, I also like the bit of talking he does at the end: "Nice sweater, baby. What do you say you and me go for a ride. C'mon!" I'm all yours, Sugar! :heart: :blush:

Mrs Frey
01-18-2008, 07:16 AM
GEF - That is a totally cool license plate. I should get me one of those. :D

Two Hearts isn't one of my favorite Glenn solo songs either, but I don't think any of them are terrible. FP, I just love I Got Love and so does my mom. I is just so catchy. Most of the time, I don't mind lightweight song because they actually do help to "lighten" me up (while they still can). :wink: :wink:

Very clever, Dreamer! :lol:

Mrs Frey
01-18-2008, 07:17 AM

Yes, rub it in, FP! :jealous: :wink:

Mrs Frey
01-18-2008, 07:20 AM
I had two moments this morning.

The first was when I was on my way to work on the train. I've been travelling this way for years, and every morning we ride past a golf course. Suddenly this morning I was looking wistfully out of the window, staring at the golf course, thinking of Pebble Beach... :sigh:

I was talking to one of my colleagues about work this morning, and she used the phrase, "It's business as usual". :D

Brooke
01-20-2008, 04:56 PM
I was listening to my Little Big Town cd yesterday in the car and the track "Bones" was playing. Much to my surprise they sang the line "every dog will have his day" and I smiled to myself remembering Don's same line in WITW. :D

Freypower
01-20-2008, 06:10 PM

I wouldn't say any of these that you mentioned are among my favourites either, but I still enjoy them. "Sexy Girl" particularly just grew on me. I don't know what it is exactly, but when Glenn :heart: launches into "She moved in next door to me", I just hold my breath and then let out a deep sigh. :blush: His voice sounds amazing.

I think "Better In The USA" is a fun song. I always get a laugh out of the lyric, "If we're so awful/And we're so bad/you oughta check the nightlife in Leningrad". :lol: Of course, I also like the bit of talking he does at the end: "Nice sweater, baby. What do you say you and me go for a ride. C'mon!" I'm all yours, Sugar! :heart: :blush:

Then you should hear the live version of BITU at Del Mar when he sings about the 'ugly women in Leningrad'. I'm sorry, but it makes me cringe. As for the talking.... not even Glenn Frey can save that part.

Glennsallnighter
01-22-2008, 06:07 PM
I've just seen it all on Desperate Housewives. Edie (blonde) is out for a jog. New male neighbour Adam is washing his car (Yes you can guess whats coming). Edie stops and takes a drink from hose. Hose flows strongly. Edie jogs away. Hose (and water coming from it) goes limp :wink:

Now what video did that bit of inspiration come from I ask?????

sodascouts
01-22-2008, 07:04 PM
What a neighbor - thanks for the favor! ;)

Glennsallnighter
01-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Indeed! :D

Mrs Frey
01-23-2008, 02:15 AM

Then you should hear the live version of BITU at Del Mar when he sings about the 'ugly women in Leningrad'. I'm sorry, but it makes me cringe. As for the talking.... not even Glenn Frey can save that part.

Ouch! That's not very nice. :eyebrow: I'm sure, however, that if Glenn :heart: listened to that now it would make him cringe too.

I have to disagree with you about the talking part, though! :blush:

Mrs Frey
01-23-2008, 02:17 AM
I've just seen it all on Desperate Housewives. Edie (blonde) is out for a jog. New male neighbour Adam is washing his car (Yes you can guess whats coming). Edie stops and takes a drink from hose. Hose flows strongly. Edie jogs away. Hose (and water coming from it) goes limp :wink:

Now what video did that bit of inspiration come from I ask?????

GA, you and Soda are very observant! It's only when I read Soda's response to your post, GA, that I clicked! :blush: I'll need to go back and watch the "Sexy Girl" video again - I admit that I haven't watched it for a while!

rcknalwys
01-23-2008, 06:28 PM
This morning as I got my little one ready for school, The Fairly Odd Parents cartoon was on. It was a silly story about one of the characters hooking up with what he thought was a gorgeous woman on the internet, who turned out to be an old woman. As he ran away from her, she was singing Ricky Don't Lose That Number! While not an Eagles song, Timothy did sing backup on it, so I was definitely reminded of the Eagles!

Maleah
03-12-2008, 08:05 PM
I thought I should show you all the new baseball cap I just bought. I'll give everyone three guesses as to what made me buy it when I don't wear caps much or drink at all. :D

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/bannerland/0312081819.jpg

03-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Hmmm Maleah - we only get three guesses. I don't think that's very fair. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Mrs Frey
03-13-2008, 02:34 AM
LOL, Dreamer! :lol:

Maleah, that is a VERY cool cap! 8)

I keep forgetting to post about this, but when I go cycling four times a week, I ride past a company of which the logo is "GF". 8)

I have also passed a takeaway outlet called "Mr Fry" a few times on shopping trips. :D

Glennsallnighter
03-13-2008, 04:35 AM
Lovely cap Maleah! :)

I couldn't imagine what cycling past 'Mr Fry' every day does to your heart MF! :wink: Although I have an idea it would help motivate your cycle! :D

Mrs Frey
03-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Mind you, GA, I don't see the "Mr Fry" takeaway outlet when I'm cycling, but only when I go shopping in a certain suburb called Claremont. :wink: I see the "GF" logo when I cycle, though. :D

Brooke
03-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Very cool cap, Maleah! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
03-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Mind you, GA, I don't see the "Mr Fry" takeaway outlet when I'm cycling, but only when I go shopping in a certain suburb called Claremont. :wink: I see the "GF" logo when I cycle, though. :D

Oh well, MF, thats what comes of trying to post in a hurry against the clock! You get mixed up. Still I'm sure ANY type of reference to 'Mr Frey' would help you cycle faster!

katherine5832
03-13-2008, 08:45 PM
The other day while driving past an area in my community that I've driven past numerous times, a street sign jumped out at me; the street name was Appian Way. And, of course, I thought of LROOE immediately and started to tell those in the car with me, "Hey, that street is called Appian Way!" until I remembered that they wouldn't have cared as much as I did, so I just kept quiet. For the record, I didn't see "the ghost of Caesar" on the Appian Way. :wink:

Mrs Frey
03-14-2008, 03:13 AM
How cool is THAT, Katherine! 8) And you're not going to believe this, but I'm listening to LROOE as I type this! :shock:

GA, you're absolutely right. That "GF" logo certainly did put the feeling of the devil chasing me while I was cycling! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
03-14-2008, 06:40 AM
The other day while driving past an area in my community that I've driven past numerous times, a street sign jumped out at me; the street name was Appian Way. And, of course, I thought of LROOE immediately and started to tell those in the car with me, "Hey, that street is called Appian Way!" until I remembered that they wouldn't have cared as much as I did, so I just kept quiet. For the record, I didn't see "the ghost of Caesar" on the Appian Way. :wink:

We have an Appian Way in Dublin as well! And of course I related it to LROOE as soon as I heard the song!

glenneaglesfan
03-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Cool, GA and katherine, having the Appian Way near you! MF, I'd probably divert to pass Mr Fry, as it is I already go out of my way to call in at the Glen Road minimart on my way home from work (which is in spitting distance of Eagle Road, so a double whammy!)

Today I parked opposite a car with numberplate HFO, and on the way home was passed by a van from Eagle Signs!

rcknalwys
03-20-2008, 04:23 PM
While visiting my friend in Memphis, I saw a sign that simply said Pebble Beach, which immediately reminded me of "Glennie's Angels" and their trip to PB. Funny, it wasn't a street sign, never did figure out what it was for, it was just this yellow, metal sign on a telephone pole.

Glennsallnighter
03-24-2008, 04:23 AM
This is rather irreverent but was a wonderful 'little thing' for myself and Timtot. It being Easter Sunday yesterday we managed to make our church ceremonies. When the folk group started the final hymn the intro was exactly the same as the intro to TS. I thought I was imagining it until TT looked at me her face shining, barely able to believe it. Sadly, although she tried to start singing it, it WASN'T TS! But it was nice to hear all the same!

glenneaglesfan
03-27-2008, 06:14 AM
Lol, GA, that's so cute! You have brought up TT with such good taste!

Glennsallnighter
03-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Haven't I just :wink: ?. She's at me to go to another gig :roll: .

Mrs Frey
03-27-2008, 10:48 AM
GEF, Becky and GA - you have all had such cool moments! 8)

Brooke
03-30-2008, 02:25 PM
I didn't know where to put this, but maybe this thread will work.

I just caught Taylor Swift's new country video "Picture to Burn" (if you don't know her, she's an 18 year old country sensation here in the US) and it features her band in (drum roll please!) black suits, white shirts, and black ties!!!!!! Now, did she copy off the Eagles or is it just a coincidence? Not that I care, but I thought it was pretty funny! I think it debuted at #8 on the Top 20 Countdown. I'm not a big fan, but I think she is cute and very talented and certainly brings in the younger set to country music.

Here's a link to the video: http://www.cmt.com/videos/taylor-swift/215750/picture-to-burn.jhtml

What do you think?

sodascouts
03-31-2008, 11:32 AM
For some reason, her backing band reminds me more of Robert Palmer than the Eagles!

tbs fanatic
03-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Oh, she's pretty good. I agree though - reminds me of the Robert Palmer video too.

Brooke
03-31-2008, 01:32 PM
My first thought was the Eagles! :D Maybe they should add their sunglasses!

sodascouts
03-31-2008, 02:40 PM
That was Don's bit a few years ago - sunglasses indoors. Never did much for me! Rather affected.

I did think it was clever when all of the Eagles put on sunglasses for James Dean though! After all, they WERE just too cool for school. (Although I have to admit that sometimes I wondered if Glenn simply needed something to act as a cool headband by that point in the set, lol).

Brooke
03-31-2008, 04:35 PM
And that sunglasses headband certainly did a good job on that glorious hair, too. :nod:

Just to remind you:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Frey/Glenn-1.jpg
:wink: :heart:

Glennsallnighter
05-06-2008, 06:36 PM
I was at a space show in the Planetarium in Armagh (Northern Ireland) with the kids yesterday. Its a great place to go with something for space enthusiasts of all ages. But one of the scriptwriters for the show which came up on the credits was 'Glenn Taylor'........
Put me in mind of a certain family :wink:

Mrs Frey
05-07-2008, 02:32 AM
Now that is VERY cool, GA! :shock:

glenneaglesfan
05-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Glenn and Taylor - nice one, GA!

An answer to a clue in my crossword yesterday was 'Brave New World'!

glenneaglesfan
05-18-2008, 06:46 PM
I seem to have good crosswords. The clue to one today was "First American astronaut to orbit the Earth", 5 letters, starting with G. :D

Much pleasure writing that one in. How sad!

Mrs Frey
05-19-2008, 03:05 AM
LOL, GEF! :lol:

Glennsallnighter
05-19-2008, 04:32 AM
Nice One GEF! I'm sure you had great fun doing that one!

On Freyday last I saw a large container truck. All the writing was in German but the name of the company on it was 'Frey and Heist' :D

Mrs Frey
05-19-2008, 06:35 AM
Ah yes, the language of Frey can be understood by everyone. :wink:

05-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Ah yes - Frey talk - the universal language!!!! :D :D :D

glenneaglesfan
05-19-2008, 05:20 PM
I like that, Frey talk! I wouldn't mind organising a Heist to grab a Frey!! I often see container trucks with Schmitz on the trailer, which brings to mind a certain long-haired bass player.

This is a gem! A work friend of mine has just been on holiday to Scotland, and look what she found for me!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Devon/gleneagles1.jpg

Glennsallnighter
05-19-2008, 05:40 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fantastic GEF!

Brooke
05-19-2008, 07:11 PM
:lol: What a very well trained friend you have, gef! 8)

Mrs Frey
05-20-2008, 02:26 AM
Woo hoo hoo, Dreamer and GEF - you girls are so funny! :lol:

GEF, what a lovely, thoughtful gift from your friend! :wink:

TimothyBFan
05-22-2008, 10:08 AM
A headline in the paper last night "His Dad Helped Pin On His Eagles"- a story about a guy who's son was promoted in the Army -but made me stop and read the headline more than once! :wink:

Mrs Frey
05-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Ha, ha - COOL, TBF! 8)

Glennsallnighter
05-26-2008, 07:17 AM
Theres a court case going on at the moment over here. A women tried to hire a hit man to attempt to murder someone. The specifics arent important but the PLAINTIFF's email address is LYINGEYEs@.......

Hmmmmm!!

glenneaglesfan
05-26-2008, 11:00 AM
That's too funny, GA!!

On our trip this weekend I spotted TBS timber merchants!

TBF, any mention of eagles makes me sit up too!

05-26-2008, 11:35 PM
I may have mentioned this before in this thread, but whenever I go visit my sister at her place on the river, we have to pass through a town called Glenns. Now, I don't have to tell you all how much I like driving through this town. However, today, as I was passing through, I caught site of a sign on a construction site - the sign said Henley Construction Company. I almost choked when I saw it. :D

Mrs Frey
05-27-2008, 02:40 AM
GA, LOL!!! :lol: That's amazing!

GEF, I'm so jealous of your regular Eagle reminders! :wink:

Dreamer, I can imagine how you felt! :shock:

DonFan
05-27-2008, 11:46 PM
I rarely post in this thread, but I actually had several Eagles' moments today. :)
I write for our local newspaper and this afternoon I was sent to someone's house to interview him for an article. As he was showing me around the house, we went into his music room and framed on the wall behind his grand piano was the original Buckingham Nicks album cover. I told him I had never seen that album in real life, and we discovered we were both avid Stevie Nicks fans.

Then when I got back in my car, I heard the opening notes of Lyin' Eyes, and as soon as that song finished, I changed stations and they were playing The Long Run. Niiiiiiiiiice.

Mrs Frey
05-28-2008, 02:55 AM
Now that is very cool, DF. Especially switching from one radio station to another and getting the Eagles on both! :shock: :D

glenneaglesfan
05-29-2008, 06:35 AM
What a cool radio double, DF, and great for you to meet a fellow Stevie fan. Makes work very pleasurable!

Dreamer, I think I would find frequent excuses to drive through Glenns! (And possibly go back to my misspent youth 'acquiring' signs!!) Cool to see Henley construction as well!

TimothyBFan
05-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Got to set this one up--- I live in a small town and since Nov. of last year we have had a town clerk who they found out embezzled over $84,000.00, a cop who lives in town is being federally prosecuted for a mortgage scam and the town marshall last week was suspended for drunk driving and backing into the neighbors house :fingerwag: :fingerwag: ---so last night I pick up the local paper and see a headline "Airing the Dirty Laundry in Town..."---I thought all you Don fans would like that one. :P

Brooke
05-29-2008, 10:28 AM
What a town, Willie! :shock: :lol:

Glennsallnighter
05-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Oh that sound like a great town Willie! Can I move there? Sounds like one of those old towns 'On the Border'

Freypower
05-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Were a lot of people having a Last Good Time In Town? :wink:

Mrs Frey
05-30-2008, 10:59 AM
TBF, good grief! :shock: :lol: Well, on second thoughts, when you're living in South Africa, crime in high places happens too often for comfort. :roll:

FP, I love that comment! :lol: You're so sharp, as always!

TimothyBFan
05-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Were a lot of people having a Last Good Time In Town? :wink:

That was a good one!!! It's funny, we have lived here for 19 years (my husband was born and raised here), never before has there been any real "scandal", that we know of, then all of a sudden-bam! It's know as being a really nice place to live and raise children, a little "higher class" than the city about 20 miles east of here, low crime rate, great school system, so we have been getting quite a few out of towners moving in. I will just keep on my quiet little block and mind my P's and Q's.

I just realized--I am setting in my dining room, little ones I sit for are taking a nap in the living room, and my teenage daughter is in the bathroom taking a shower. Both of us are playing our Ipods on docks, hers is playing "Witchy Woman" and (I know you are NOT going to believe this) mine is playing "Guilty of the Crime". :rofl:

Glennsallnighter
06-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Oh funny TBF!

On Sunday I had the kids at the beach and when it turned a little cold we went inland to a castle in its own grounds which is open to tourists. The kids had the attraction of a playground while for me mom it was of course the coffee shop. Until we saw a notice pointing to 'Frys Model Railway'.

When Laura said 'Mom' in her 'enquiring' voice I knew what was coming.......

'Mom......they've spelled 'Fry' wrong.....they forgot the e'.

Well I suppose we all make mistakes!! :D

Sadly we were too late to visit the model railway but we shall return!

johnmusic88
06-04-2008, 04:18 PM
^^^

that's funny...you've raised her well!

Glennsallnighter
06-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks for your compliments JM88. As you are new to the board I must explain that she is an avid Eagles fan. The fact that we also nick name her 'Timtot' will give you an idea of her 'leanings'. She came to London with myself Glenneaglesfan and Mrs Frey (Other board members) last March to see the boys live.

Freypower
06-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Time Team the other night did an excavation at a village called Glendon in Northamptonshire.

There is a shop in Sydney which sells food and other things from England and yesterday I treated myself to a Fry's Choolate Cream Bar. I loved them when I was a kid but they are not on general sale in Australia these days. I bought hubby some Alpen (muesli) and some Polo mints. Memories!

I joked to the woman in the shop that I wished it was licenced so I could get hubby some English beer. She then wanted to know where he was from. 'Newcastle'. 'So Brown Ale, then. Where in Newcastle?' 'South Shields'. 'I'm from Whickham'. :shock:

Mrs Frey
06-05-2008, 02:26 AM
TBF and GA: :rofl: :rofl: Wonderful! Timtot is a clever little girl, GA! :nod: :wink:

JM88: Welcome to The Border! :yay: :D I hope you have a great time here with us.

FP, I wish we had Fry's Chocolate in this neck of the woods!

TimothyBFan
06-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Thanks for your compliments JM88. As you are new to the board I must explain that she is an avid Eagles fan. The fact that we also nick name her 'Timtot' will give you an idea of her 'leanings'. She came to London with myself Glenneaglesfan and Mrs Frey (Other board members) last March to see the boys live.

I do believe she is a genius with really great taste in men!!!

Welcome JM88!!!

glenneaglesfan
06-05-2008, 08:24 AM
GA, that's a cute story about Timtot!

I took my son to the driving range the other day, and nearly turned into the wrong entrance - Fry's Nursery! My son just rolled his eyes!

Brooke
06-05-2008, 10:05 AM
:laugh:

Everyone has such cute stories here! And welcome jm88!

This morning I had the local morning news on and the announcer was giving a list of upcoming interviews. The one that caught my eye was with "Glenn the Car Care Guy"! :shock:

Hey, Glenn can care for my car anyday! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
06-05-2008, 12:08 PM
There is a shop in Sydney which sells food and other things from England and yesterday I treated myself to a Fry's Choolate Cream Bar. I loved them when I was a kid but they are not on general sale in Australia these days.

We have them here, they're delicious. I'll send you a bar MF! If they survive the flight!!

Last time I'd a really bad throat hubby bought me a bar!! Little did he know just how medicianal it really was!!

Glennsallnighter
06-05-2008, 12:09 PM

I took my son to the driving range the other day, and nearly turned into the wrong entrance - Fry's Nursery! My son just rolled his eyes!

Yep, GEF! I bet he did :roll:

Glennsallnighter
06-05-2008, 12:10 PM

I do believe she is a genius with really great taste in men!!!

Why thank you TBF! I do believe you're right!

Mrs Frey
06-06-2008, 03:00 AM

Aww, GEF, you have to understand that guys just don't "get it". :lol:

Mrs Frey
06-06-2008, 03:00 AM
:laugh:

This morning I had the local morning news on and the announcer was giving a list of upcoming interviews. The one that caught my eye was with "Glenn the Car Care Guy"! :shock:

Hey, Glenn can care for my car anyday! :wink:

:rofl: I love that, Brooke!

Brooke
06-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Btw, this must be a regular segment because they mention it every morning. Starts my day out right thinking of Glenn and just what he could do with my car! :wink:

I was reading the June issue of Redbook magazine yesterday and came across an article "What to do this month". They had a sub-title segment "A moment with .....Jewel." (Different celebrity every month). Her song picks for an ideal summer sound track included Take It To The Limit! She said "There's nothing like sitting on my porch, listening to the Eagles as the sun sets."

I couldn't agree more!

Who knew Jewel was an Eagles fan?! 8)

Mrs Frey
06-13-2008, 02:43 AM
Gosh, that's nice, Brooke! :D I actually haven't heard anything about Jewel for a very long time.

I was busy finishing off at work yesterday, doing queries from magazine subscribers, and one of the subscriber's name was Glenn. :D I wasn't sure how to handle his query, so I called upon one of my colleagues for assistance. She immediately thought I'd called her to share the customer's name with her! :lol: Yep, they all know how BAD I have it for Mr Frey! :blush:

Brooke
06-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Gosh, that's nice, Brooke! :D I actually haven't heard anything about Jewel for a very long time.

I was busy finishing off at work yesterday, doing queries from magazine subscribers, and one of the subscriber's name was Glenn. :D I wasn't sure how to handle his query, so I called upon one of my colleagues for assistance. She immediately thought I'd called her to share the customer's name with her! :lol: Yep, they all know how BAD I have it for Mr Frey! :blush:

FYI, MF, Jewel has recently gone country and released a new album and is a judge on the latest reality show Nashville Star. Lots of musicians seem to be perusing the country market these days.

Your co workers know you too well! I have to keep my obsession secret at work or I would get all these :roll: They have no taste in music! :laugh:

Glennsallnighter
06-13-2008, 05:25 PM

MF I know it was just a work query.......(Yesh, right)

I was looking at a basic kids reading book earlier today where they were putting 2 of the same letters together to make words following into sentences. The name they chose to start these sentences was ......Glenn...... :D (for the 2 n's!)

Glennsallnighter
06-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Btw, this must be a regular segment because they mention it every morning. Starts my day out right thinking of Glenn and just what he could do with my car! :wink:

Yes......I've often though what Glenn :heart: could do with (in :wink: ) my car as well. :heybaby:

Perfect Little Sister
06-15-2008, 03:34 AM
Traffic backed up at an unusual spot the other day and I noticed I have been driving past a street for years that's called Glennwood. My mind wandered to incredible places. :twisted:

One of our appointments Friday was named Julie Frey. :shock: We write them in last name first, so you can imagine how my eyes popped to attention.lol

Glennsallnighter
06-15-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm sure they did PLS!

We were going home from a christening about 35 miles away (Near a place called 'Glen of the Downs' :wink: ) today when I happened to notice a signpost pointing to 'Glenn Golf Club'. Although I didn't comment at the time I'm not the only one whose eye it caught, as immediately good old Timtot said 'Mammy, will you put on one of your Glenn :heart: cd's. I've had enough of that one that Dad keeps playing!!!!' :D :D :D :D :D

Needless to say I obliged, putting on my UM Collection. Hubby just grunted 'Glenn :heart: Frey is it?' I will say however the kids were amazingly well behaved all the way home!!

Just as we got home and he headed into work I retrieved the cd from his car player to the following comment
'Oh you couldn't possibly do with out that tonight' :? :shrug:

glenneaglesfan
06-15-2008, 06:07 PM
PLS, you are bad!! I'd go out of my way to pass through Glennwood! And I can imagine how your eyes popped up to see Frey on your worklist. I've been guilty of subtly covering up the first letters of people named Godfrey or Jeffrey.

Brooke, I'd pay good money for a bit of car care from Glenn!

Freypower
06-15-2008, 11:37 PM
Traffic backed up at an unusual spot the other day and I noticed I have been driving past a street for years that's called Glennwood. My mind wandered to incredible places. :twisted:

One of our appointments Friday was named Julie Frey. :shock: We write them in last name first, so you can imagine how my eyes popped to attention.lol

Um.... PLS.... can you imagine how that would have caught my eye too?!!!

:drunk:

Glennsallnighter
06-16-2008, 03:49 AM

Indeed FP!!!! :D

Mrs Frey
06-17-2008, 02:51 AM

FYI, MF, Jewel has recently gone country and released a new album and is a judge on the latest reality show Nashville Star. Lots of musicians seem to be perusing the country market these days.

Your co workers know you too well! I have to keep my obsession secret at work or I would get all these :roll: They have no taste in music! :laugh:

Thanks for the info, Brooke! I'm glad Jewel is doing country music - I'm sure it suits her sweet voice very well.

You're right - your colleagues have no taste in music! :wink:

Mrs Frey
06-17-2008, 02:55 AM

LOL, FP! When I read PLS's post, I thought: FP's going to FLIP! :shock: :D

Mrs Frey
06-17-2008, 02:56 AM
I'm sure they did PLS!

We were going home from a christening about 35 miles away (Near a place called 'Glen of the Downs' :wink: ) today when I happened to notice a signpost pointing to 'Glenn Golf Club'. Although I didn't comment at the time I'm not the only one whose eye it caught, as immediately good old Timtot said 'Mammy, will you put on one of your Glenn :heart: cd's. I've had enough of that one that Dad keeps playing!!!!' :D :D :D :D :D

Needless to say I obliged, putting on my UM Collection. Hubby just grunted 'Glenn :heart: Frey is it?' I will say however the kids were amazingly well behaved all the way home!!

Just as we got home and he headed into work I retrieved the cd from his car player to the following comment

LOL, GA! I reckon hubby's starting to get the picture now! :twisted: :jealous:

Mrs Frey
06-17-2008, 02:57 AM
PLS, you are bad!! I'd go out of my way to pass through Glennwood! And I can imagine how your eyes popped up to see Frey on your worklist. I've been guilty of subtly covering up the first letters of people named Godfrey or Jeffrey.

Brooke, I'd pay good money for a bit of car care from Glenn!

Oh, GEF, you have it VERY bad! :wink:

Toonlass
06-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Last Friday I was working-on Fridays I take one of the kids I look after to choir practice, we have to travel into the middle of town on the Tube and then come home again during rush hour. Well, at the tube station we get on, there is a busking position and there is someone different every week. This time, we got on the escalator and heard a few notes of a guitar tune and we both turned to each other and said "that's the Eagles". I've trained the kids I look after well :D We also gave some money to the busker, as its the first time either of us have actually recognised a song someone was playing (for the record it was Hotel California-played fairly well, considering it was just one guy and he didn't have a backing tape).

Mrs Frey
06-18-2008, 02:30 AM
Now there's a brave busker! :wink: Good on him!

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2008, 05:49 AM
Great for that Busker Toonie!

I hope the family you nanny for give you a good Christmas Bonus considering how well you are educating their children :wink:

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2008, 05:50 AM
I'm sure they did PLS!

LOL, GA! I reckon hubby's starting to get the picture now! :twisted: :jealous:

He'll get it even more if I can get those t-shirts I was telling you about!

DonFan
06-21-2008, 08:58 AM
My hubby & I meet a gang of our friends every Friday night at one of two local hangouts--a neighborhood pizza place or a Mexican place. Both places have patio dining now that the weather is warm. We were sitting under the stars last night drinking beer, visiting, and listening to the piped-in classic rock music, when all of a sudden I heard the first notes of "It's Your World Now." I rarely ever hear Eagles music at that restaurant, and if I do it is always their classics. Quite a nice surprise!

Brooke
06-21-2008, 10:02 AM
That is cool DF! :D

sodascouts
06-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Wow - cool! What a treat! Was it the Mexican place? ;)

Glennsallnighter
06-21-2008, 05:11 PM
That whole set-up sounds absolutely gorgeous DF!

TimothyBFan
06-22-2008, 12:02 PM
I think I have mentioned before that I love the group The Sweet also and I belong to a Sweet board. Right now on there we have a game going called The Never Ending Song Game. Start out with a song title (have to put the artist also so we know it is legitimate) and the next person gets another title with one of the words from the previous title and on and on...Needless to say I am trying my hardest with adding an Eagles tune every chance I get. Managed to get a few in so far.

Glennsallnighter
06-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Hey! That would be a great game to play over here! Anyone interested :?:

Freypower
06-22-2008, 07:15 PM
I would play it if TBF would like to start the topic.

06-22-2008, 11:00 PM
I agree that it sounds like a fun game. I was also recently trying to figure out a way that we could play an interesting game of Eagles trivia. I thought of it when we were trying to come up with immunity questions for our last Survivor game. However, I 've had so much going on recently that I hadn't had time to give it much thought. :?

TimothyBFan
06-23-2008, 06:45 AM
I would play it if TBF would like to start the topic.

Ask and you shall receive--I will start it off in new thread! :P

Glennsallnighter
06-23-2008, 06:55 AM
Thanks TBF! Sure sounds like fun!!

TimothyBFan
07-02-2008, 07:46 AM
The last couple of mornings when I turn on the local news to check the weather, the weather map has had "The Heat Is On" across it! Then I have the song going thru my head thru my shower and grooming routine and can't get it out-not a bad thing!

Mrs Frey
07-02-2008, 09:02 AM
COOL :wink:, TBF! 8)

07-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Yep - things could definitely be a lot worse than that, TBF. I actually have You Are Not Alone going through my head this morning because it was the last song I listened to in the car before coming to work today. I'm not complaining about that either. :wink:

Freypower
07-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Perhaps we could post about which songs are in our heads or we have playing at a given moment.

I've had It's Your World Now in my head for a few days. I think the song is gaining in significance. I've got Nobody's Business in the car, because I always play Don's solo albums in the lead up to his birthday.

Glennsallnighter
07-02-2008, 07:35 PM
I've been correcting exams over the last 2 weeks and while tedious there is one obvious advantage. I've had LROOE, VBO and all of Glenn :heart: 's solo albums on 'Random' for the last while. I did all Glenn :heart: 's solo videos earlier but have had to stop as... well.... my work rate slowed considerably :wink: . Too distracting!

Tonight I will certainly be an 'Allnighter' but not the one I want to be :wink:

Mrs Frey
07-03-2008, 02:45 AM
You are such a BAD girl, GA! :twisted: :wink:

Glennsallnighter
07-03-2008, 05:45 PM
I suppose I am, MF! It takes one to know one :wink:

Mrs Frey
07-04-2008, 02:37 AM
Okay, you got me there, GA! :blush: :wink:

glenneaglesfan
07-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Well. our holiday got off to a good start when I saw the aeroplane next to us at the airport.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Devon/IMG_2528.jpg

Check out the registration! :twisted:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Devon/G-FBED.jpg

Brooke
07-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Great way to start your holiday, gef! :twisted:

rcknalwys
07-05-2008, 02:27 PM
that's too funny GEF!

I've been reading a couple of books and BOTH had little reminders. One had the phrase "talk on the streets" while the other actually mentioned the Eagles! And it wasn't a music oriented book!

sodascouts
07-05-2008, 02:32 PM
LOL about that airplane, GEF!

rckn, what book had the Eagles reference?

Glennsallnighter
07-06-2008, 04:42 AM
Nice one GEF! I saw it before I read your line to check out the reg! I'm sure you felt very safe travelling in that plane! Like there was a guardian Angel on it!!

Interesting book RKN!

rcknalwys
07-06-2008, 03:50 PM
The "talk on the streets" comment was in a book by Alex Hailey called Detective.
The other mention came from a book called Almost Midnight by Michael W. Cuneo that is a true crime book. The murderer, Darrell Mease is described as "...drinking whiskey, listening to the Eagles and Creedence Clearwater Revival on a transistor radio."

Mrs Henley
07-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Nice GEF! Great start of your Holiday indeed! :D

I never heard about that book, I'll search it it! :)

rcknalwys
07-07-2008, 11:25 AM
OOOPS! The author of Detective is Arthur Hailey, not Alex. I just love it when I see an Eagles reference when I'm reading.

Mrs Henley
07-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Indeed!

In my English Text Book this year were the Eagles also named in a story, that was really cool to read!

Glennsallnighter
07-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Gosh MH! We never had English texts books like that when I was a student!! :D

I have been having a rather tedious 3 weeks marking our State exams. There is one question where there is a table of charges for a fun park and the candidates had to work out different price combinations. The first question on it was

'How much does it cost for one adult to spend a day in Funworld on....... 20th MARCH?

Well every time I read that line it reminds me that myself, MF, GEF and my daughter TT were definitely NOT in Funworld that day!

We were having a world of fun elsewhere! :D

Mrs Henley
07-07-2008, 05:58 PM

I have been having a rather tedious 3 weeks marking our State exams. There is one question where there is a table of charges for a fun park and the candidates had to work out different price combinations. The first question on it was

'How much does it cost for one adult to spend a day in Funworld on....... 20th MARCH?

Well every time I read that line it reminds me that myself, MF, GEF and my daughter TT were definitely NOT in Funworld that day!

Haha! Indeed!

In my Final exams of High School there was a story about something what happend on April 3rd and that every student should know about that because they all where there, I was thinking when I read te story "I wasn't there with Stephanie at that day..We were enjoying of Don and Glenn".

Glennsallnighter
07-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Well. our holiday got off to a good start when I saw the aeroplane next to us at the airport.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Devon/G-FBED.jpg

I take it none of your devoted family saw you take that pic GEF :wink: . Amazing what you can accomplish on a trip to the ladies!

Glennsallnighter
07-07-2008, 06:06 PM

Haha! Indeed!

In my Final exams of High School there was a story about something what happend on April 3rd and that every student should know about that because they all where there, I was thinking when I read te story "I wasn't there with Stephanie at that day..We were enjoying of Don and Glenn".

Much better way to pass the time MH! :D

Mrs Frey
07-08-2008, 02:20 AM
Woo hoo hoo, GEF! I like that plane registration! The only thing missing from it is the word "in". You know, G_FINBED. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Becky, it's ALWAYS cool when you're reading a book and come across a reference to your favourite stars! 8) I was obsessive enough to look Elvis Presley and The Beatles up in a dictionary I used to have, and I found them!! :D More recently, I looked up the Eagles, or the individual members (well, actually I just looked up Glenn Frey :blush: ), but no luck there, unfortunately. :(

Mrs Henley, you sure have a cool text book. Text books weren't that exciting when I was at school. I do remember a reference to a song by The Beatles, "When I'm Sixty-Four" (it featured some of its lyrics), in one of my English text books.

GA, we certainly had the time of our lives on 20 March! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Mrs Henley
07-08-2008, 07:26 AM
Woo hoo hoo, GEF! I like that plane registration! The only thing missing from it is the word "in". You know, G_FINBED. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Becky, it's ALWAYS cool when you're reading a book and come across a reference to your favourite stars! 8) I was obsessive enough to look Elvis Presley and The Beatles up in a dictionary I used to have, and I found them!! :D More recently, I looked up the Eagles, or the individual members (well, actually I just looked up Glenn Frey :blush: ), but no luck there, unfortunately. :(

Mrs Henley, you sure have a cool text book. Text books weren't that exciting when I was at school. I do remember a reference to a song by The Beatles, "When I'm Sixty-Four" (it featured some of its lyrics), in one of my English text books.

GA, we certainly had the time of our lives on 20 March! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Haha that's a good one Mrs Frey! G_FINBED.
Bad dreams ;) :lol:

Yeh I was actually happy when I finally read something of The Eagles in the book!
4 years waiting, and the last year finally!

My teacher said I'm crazy :lol:

Last year (3th year of High School) we have to write a letter for English to our teacher, about someone you met somewhere and if that special and why and blah blah blah :lol:
I wrote about (you can know it) Don Henley (who else? :P) and my teachers comment on my letter was:
"Good letter Danielle, you're totaly a huge Don Henley fan. He seems nice to me, hope you will ever meet him real!"

No indeed the Eagles and their bandmembers are not in the dictionary :(
In the library in my hometown there was a book about rock and roll and 12(!) pages about the Eagles and the bandmembers! :heart: .
Only it was a German book :stunned: and my worst language it absolutely German :lol:

Glad you had a great time Mrs Frey! :D

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Well alot of things in my school remind me of the eagles:

My Jr. English project was on an american poet however my English teacher (who doesn't like) said that songwritters are also poets so i asked her if i could do Don Henley she said you so my project wa really good.

In history on the last day we were playing a triva game and after each round of regular questions we got to pick a band and answer a round of questions about them well one of the groups forgot how much i love The Eagles and my team won because of that.

And now that i remember when i was in 8th grade our choir did The Heat Is On it was pretty good i watch that dvd just for that.

My Social Studies Fair Project Was on the transformation of Rock music so i could work the Eagles into it.

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Aahw how cool! You had a great teacher!!

For my new study I have to get an 'in-take' and my whole portfolio is full with Don Henley, they said when it was my turn to talk with them that they were impressed about my music choice, the Eagles and Don Henley. Actually they were proud on me, one of the teacher said. Because no one of my age loves the Eagles and Don Henley, they didn't know somebody..now they do! :mrgreen:

So with thanks to Don I can do the study! Thank you Don, :iloveyou:!

07-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Holy Crap - School sure has come a long way since I was last there!!! We never got to do anything cool like that during my school years. :wink: :D

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Holy Crap - School sure has come a long way since I was last there!!! :wink: :D

Haha!

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Holy Crap - School sure has come a long way since I was last there!!! :wink: :D

Haha!

well lots of my teachers love the Eagles so i get away with everything lol

I'm even talking my old choir teacher into either an Eagles song or DH song next year

Also my Debate folder was nothing but DH however i had to talk about 3 things that was important that was a problem

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Also my Debate folder was nothing but DH however i had to talk about 3 things that was important that was a problem

And how did you survived that? I had the same, I just talked about something. :lol:

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-10-2008, 04:39 PM

And how did you survived that? I had the same, I just talked about something. :lol:

Well I was Like "this is DON HENLEY (i yelled that) he might be GOD and i gave a background just said important things about him and the Eagles And then my teacher was like what else is on your folder and i said nothing is anything else important at which point everyone was laughing including me.

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 05:13 PM

Well I was Like "this is DON HENLEY (i yelled that) he might be GOD and i gave a background just said important things about him and the Eagles And then my teacher was like what else is on your folder and i said nothing is anything else important at which point everyone was laughing including me.

Ah great! Mostly if you say the word God, teacher will let you talk.

My teacher asked if I can talk about something else exept Don Henley or the Eagles and I tried and I end at Joe Walsh, I didn't say that he was one of the Eagles. Oh and I talked about Glenn. But the most time about Don

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-10-2008, 05:18 PM

My teacher asked if I can talk about something else exept Don Henley or the Eagles and I tried and I end at Joe Walsh, I didn't say that he was one of the Eagles. Oh and I talked about Glenn. But the most time about Don

Yeah my teacher asked me if i talked about of listened to Don Henley or The Eagles and i said i could Quote "Life's Been Good" if you like. Then a week i was doing a Student Congress Bill and in my speech I quoted Don.

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 05:19 PM

Yeah my teacher asked me if i talked about of listened to Don Henley or The Eagles and i said i could Quote "Life's Been Good" if you like. Then a week i was doing a Student Congress Bill and in my speech I quoted Don.

I also quoted Don in my graduation speech.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-10-2008, 05:44 PM

he's just a very quotable person

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 05:09 AM

he's just a very quotable person

True

Glennsallnighter
07-11-2008, 06:00 AM
Theres a court case going on at the moment over here. A women tried to hire a hit man to attempt to murder someone. The specifics arent important but the PLAINTIFF's email address is LYINGEYEs@.......

Hmmmmm!!

Well the verdict is out on what has been known over here as the 'Lying Eyes Trial'. It appears that the lady in question is indeed 'Lying eyes' and that she did indeed attempt to have a hitman murder her partner! In the shops this morning everyone was reading the headlines about it but I liked this one

'Her smile was a thin disguise'

By total coincidence I was wearing my Glenn :heart: t-shirt by the newspaper stand......the man who wrote the lyrics in the first place!

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 07:08 AM

Hmmmmm!!

Well the verdict is out on what has been known over here as the 'Lying Eyes Trial'. It appears that the lady in question is indeed 'Lying eyes' and that she did indeed attempt to have a hitman murder her partner! In the shops this morning everyone was reading the headlines about it but I liked this one

By total coincidence I was wearing my Glenn :heart: t-shirt by the newspaper stand......the man who wrote the lyrics in the first place!

Omg, that's not normal!
:shock: Tryin' to kill your partner :?

sodascouts
07-11-2008, 12:13 PM

Hmmmmm!!

LOL! That is WILD!

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-11-2008, 12:31 PM

Hmmmmm!!

Omg, that's not normal!
:shock: Tryin' to kill your partner :?

no its not but some people are crazy like that

DonFan
07-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Cheers!

http://www.howcast.com/videos/104-How-To-Make-a-Tequila-Sunrise

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Cheers!

http://www.howcast.com/videos/104-How-To-Make-a-Tequila-Sunrise

Wha! Great!
Never had one :lol:

Thanks DF!

07-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Very cool, DF. Man, I do believe that may have inspired me to have another one of these soon. It's been a very long time since I had one - now, that I think about it, it was probably in the '70's when I last drank one.

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Very cool, DF. Man, I do believe that may have inspired me to have another one of these soon. It's been a very long time since I had one - now, that I think about it, it was probably in the '70's when I last drank one.

Is it nice? Sorry it's a weird question, but I never had one and they don't sale them here :(

07-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Well - I don't know what the legal drinking age is in your country, MH, but you are a few years away from being legal in the states. As far as the taste, it's hard to say - some people like them and some people don't. I'd say that mainly depends on whether or not you like the taste of tequila. I assume you've never tasted that either so I guess it's one of those things where you'll just have to wait and see. :D

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Well - I don't know what the legal drinking age is in your country, MH, but you are a few years away from being legal in the states. As far as the taste, it's hard to say - some people like them and some people don't. I'd say that mainly depends on whether or not you like the taste of tequila. I assume you've never tasted that either so I guess it's one of those things where you'll just have to wait and see. :D

16 is the legal age here for drinking, lol. Yeah that's true, I think I'll make it someday :P

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-11-2008, 04:30 PM
i still have 4 years till i reach legal drinking age

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 04:33 PM

If you spent here your holiday you can, haha :lol:

I think that 21 is a better age than 16, a lot of classmates are being pretty drunk the day before school..

DonFan
07-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Man, I do believe that may have inspired me to have another one of these soon. It's been a very long time since I had one - now, that I think about it, it was probably in the '70's when I last drank one.

Me too, dreamer! Hubby & I go out to unwind on Friday nights with several other friends--I may have to order one of these myself tonight. :cheers:

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-11-2008, 05:04 PM

If you spent here your holiday you can, haha :lol:

I think that 21 is a better age than 16, a lot of classmates are being pretty drunk the day before school..

lol thats actually my senoir trip

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Ah cool!

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-11-2008, 05:48 PM
yeah im going to spend a couple of weeks traveling around Europe

Glennsallnighter
07-12-2008, 04:35 PM
I've never had the opportunity to have TS although I have been quite partial to the occasional 'screwdriver :wink: ' (And that was before I knew........). I'll definitely try one tho after that as I DO like the taste of tequila. I once had a 'Tequila Sunset' which was a non alcoholic version of the original containing orange juice and raspberry cordial.

BTW 18 is the legal age for drinking over here although as ID isn't generally required (although they are getting fussier) a lot of people are served a lot younger. You can enter a bar at any age up to about 9pm officially and only have to produce ID if requested when buying acloholic drimks. You don't need ID for soft drinks and often people can include an 'underage' in a round as ID is only asked for from the person buying the drinks!

Mrs Henley
07-12-2008, 05:25 PM

When you are in the Netherlands, let me know! :)
Hope you will visit Groningen!! :)

Mrs Henley
07-12-2008, 05:27 PM
I've never had the opportunity to have TS although I have been quite partial to the occasional 'screwdriver :wink: ' (And that was before I knew........). I'll definitely try one tho after that as I DO like the taste of tequila. I once had a 'Tequila Sunset' which was a non alcoholic version of the original containing orange juice and raspberry cordial.

BTW 18 is the legal age for drinking over here although as ID isn't generally required (although they are getting fussier) a lot of people are served a lot younger. You can enter a bar at any age up to about 9pm officially and only have to produce ID if requested when buying acloholic drimks. You don't need ID for soft drinks and often people can include an 'underage' in a round as ID is only asked for from the person buying the drinks!

I've never Tequila, but I'll try it soon! :lol:

ID is required here, although they never ask but if they do, and you're not 16 you can't buy any drinks.
But just what you said, other people can buy them for you.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-12-2008, 06:48 PM

I will make it a priority.
And i deff. will

Mrs Henley
07-13-2008, 06:08 AM

I will make it a priority.
And i deff. will

Great!

rcknalwys
07-13-2008, 12:36 PM
I admit it, I've drank many Tequilla Sunrises!

07-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Okay - I was in a CVS drug store this afternoon and they played Busy Being Fabulous over their PA system - I was totally excited.

Glennsallnighter
07-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Aww How nice Dreamer! Its always special when you hear an Eagles song in an unexpected place, isn't it?

We went for a drive up the mountains and did a small 'hill climb' to initiate the kids into it. It was about half an hour up and the same down, with a great view of the city and surrounding counties from the 'summit'.

Afterwards we continued driving until we stopped in a place called 'Glencree' Or GLENNCREE as Laura and I preferred. Now when you take the idea that cree (spelled Croi) in Irish means 'Heart' well, it was nice to visit Glenn' :heart: s heart. :wink: :inlove:

Stephanie
07-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Aww How nice Dreamer! Its always special when you hear an Eagles song in an unexpected place, isn't it?

We went for a drive up the mountains and did a small 'hill climb' to initiate the kids into it. It was about half an hour up and the same down, with a great view of the city and surrounding counties from the 'summit'.

Afterwards we continued driving until we stopped in a place called 'Glencree' Or GLENNCREE as Laura and I preferred. Now when you take the idea that cree (spelled Croi) in Irish means 'Heart' well, it was nice to visit Glenn' :heart: s heart. :wink: :inlove:

Fabulous GA! Hope you had a lovely :heart: time in Glenn's heart ;)

Stephanie
07-20-2008, 06:22 PM
I have a picture of Glenn at the wall behind my bed, so every morning when I wake up I see Glennie :inlove:.

And Danielle (Mrs Henley) reminds me of Don :lol:
Long long story!!
She's so crazy if the subject is Don Henley!

Mrs Frey
07-21-2008, 02:43 AM
Very cool reminders, Dreamer and GA! :D :D

Stephanie - only ONE picture? :wink: You should see my office wall! :blush:

Mrs Henley
07-22-2008, 07:31 PM

Haha, I want to see it Mrs Frey! You will love your 'hubby' forever!

Stephanie is being busy with collection Glenn on her bedroom, but her mother won't love it probable, she don't like strange men in her daughter room haha!

And my room is full with Don :inlove:

Stephanie
07-22-2008, 07:48 PM

Stephanie is being busy with collection Glenn on her bedroom, but her mother won't love it probable, she don't like strange men in her daughter room haha!

Mrs Frey, I would LOVE to see it! :D

Oh yes, I'm busy being Fabulous with getting Glenn into my bedroom!
It's going to finish someday! I've already more Glenn than before :inlove:
My mother won't like it indeed, but who cares? People think it's crazy to have some old men in your room. Those people are crazy! ;)

Glennsallnighter
07-23-2008, 06:21 PM
My mom never minded me having pics of men on my wall. I suppose she thought it was 'One of those phases'.

glenneaglesfan
07-24-2008, 06:01 AM
I just had horses on my wall!

The tv section of our paper had the headline "The Heat Is On". :D

TimothyBFan
07-24-2008, 06:19 AM
My room was absolutely covered with pictures and posters of rock stars and actors. Lots of Eagles and Zeppelin and lets see if any of you remember these guys--The DeFranco Family? Kind of a clash between the Defrancos and Zeppelin! Robby Benson, David Cassidy and Matt Dillon were also very prominent.

Mrs Frey
07-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Well, I admit that I haven't decorated my bedroom with anything since I moved into the new place, but my old bedroom was covered in pictures and posters of Elvis, The Beatles, Glenn :heart:, the Eagles, The Searchers and a few actors and sportstars who are favourites.

My mother never had a problem with my interior decorating :lol:, although she did on occasion mention that it was getting too much! She got used to it, though! I've always loved photographs, anyway.

Brooke
07-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Well, hubby would absolutely die if I had other men's pictures on our bedroom walls, so it is decorated with photos of the kids and generic pics of beaches and flowers! :laugh:

He doesn't care about the home office though! But I must restrain myself and keep them to mostly group shots or "family friendly" portraits! :wink:

Now, if I were a single girl........

Glennsallnighter
07-24-2008, 10:40 AM
I take it you aren't displaying Dreamers av then :wink: Brooke?

Brooke
07-24-2008, 10:46 AM
I take it you aren't displaying Dreamers av then :wink: Brooke?

Ha! :lol:

07-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Well - I can tell you, I have done a good job of controlling myself throughout most of the house. However, I did turn the guest bedroom into a Miami Dolphin shrine a few years back because I had accumulated so much stuff that friends and family had given me. Now, the computer room has slowly become an Eagles/Glenn shrine. I don't know how that happened! :shock: :lie: I used to have my AV as my wallpaper on my PC, but I had to replace it with the pic I got of me and Glenn at PB.

TimothyBFan
07-24-2008, 12:36 PM
I have The Eagles as my screensaver and my background is changed from one Timmy picture to another about once a week. Is that wrong? My husband hasn't ever said anything about it. We also have a shelf (hubby said he will add another one for me soon) that is a display/shrine to rock and roll with books, programs, guitar picks, photos, etc... on it in the bedroom. The Eagles are more prevalent than the others on it. It's all done rather tastefully I think. :D

sodascouts
07-24-2008, 12:43 PM
I only have one Eagles thing on the wall - one of those framed records with a picture that they sell at Past & Presents. When I get a bigger place though... watch out!

Glennsallnighter
07-24-2008, 05:16 PM
I have my lithograph from London framed and on the kitchen wall. We were filling a skip recently and hubby pretended to remove it while we were sorting the rubbish :enraged:
Of course I wear my Eagles and Glenn :heart: t-shirts and my Eagles fleece whenever possible. I always have an Eagles or Glenn :heart: wallpaper on the laptop and the mobile phone. At the moment its Soda's first one from Minnesota! And my screensaver is my London pics!
And I have a few other precious more personal items in my handbag, and in my guitar case :wink:

Freypower
07-24-2008, 07:30 PM
I change my wallpaper and account photo every week just as I change my avatar and signature. My wallpaper this week is a nice one from DHO of Don in the HITW video. I love all the wallpapers of Glenn at GFO and if possible, it would be nice if Soda or Maleah could make a couple of new ones. If I could do them myself, I would, believe me, but I don't have the skills.

I have the Randy Tuten 'barn' photo framed and the 1979 Rolling Stone cover framed. I have two calendars, one with 12 photos per page and another which is GFO wallpaper, one per month. I have a framed photo of Glenn which was taken in Glasgow and I have photos which I rotate every fortnight, one on my dressing table, one in a magnetic photo holder on the fridge. I also have magnets and postcards. I have a postcard of the band on the fridge for Don's birthday week as well as Texas themed magnets (two of which Soda sent me, a Texas map and a cowboy boot).

:blush:

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-25-2008, 12:33 AM
i have an Eales poster and a don henley poster and a framed copy of hotel california on my wall

oh and the other day my friend sent me a video that he and her boy friend made to "Take It Easy" as s final last year it eas pretty good

glenneaglesfan
07-25-2008, 10:16 AM
I have one of PLS's Pebble Beach pictures as my wallpaper at the moment. I have two log ins on my laptop, so when SO is home I switch users and have a pic from our recent holiday showing!
I'm going to start a new thread where we can show our memorabilia, as GA suggested.

Brooke
07-25-2008, 10:17 AM
I change my wallpaper and account photo every week just as I change my avatar and signature. My wallpaper this week is a nice one from DHO of Don in the HITW video. I love all the wallpapers of Glenn at GFO and if possible, it would be nice if Soda or Maleah could make a couple of new ones. If I could do them myself, I would, believe me, but I don't have the skills.

I have the Randy Tuten 'barn' photo framed and the 1979 Rolling Stone cover framed. I have two calendars, one with 12 photos per page and another which is GFO wallpaper, one per month. I have a framed photo of Glenn which was taken in Glasgow and I have photos which I rotate every fortnight, one on my dressing table, one in a magnetic photo holder on the fridge. I also have magnets and postcards. I have a postcard of the band on the fridge for Don's birthday week as well as Texas themed magnets (two of which Soda sent me, a Texas map and a cowboy boot).

I nominate Fp for 1st place! Excellent! :thumbsup: :D

Maleah
07-25-2008, 01:25 PM

Tell you what.......if there are particular photos you'd like to see in wallpaper or sig/banner.......send 'em to me and I'll see what I can do! The larger pics do work best for wallpapers so they don't get so pixelated/blurry when I try to enlarge them. ;)

TimothyBFan
07-27-2008, 12:01 PM
This is the weekend in our little town they call "Hometown Days", a festival, parade etc. Yesterday went to the flea market with my husband and niece and found a booth that had boxes of albums. When my husband saw them he handed me some cash and told my niece "lets go because she will be here for awhile". I literally sat down on the ground in front of the boxes and started going thru them but only found 1 Eagles album, One of These Nights. Even tho I have it I went ahead and bought it for $2.00, I couldn't just leave it there, right? I did find some other pretty good stuff also tho and sat on the back patio last night with some friends and enjoyed listening to them. Our friend Chris played DJ last night with the stereo and played 3 Eagles albums all together in honor of my upcoming sojourn to Chicago for the concert. So used to hearing them on cd or Ipod, it's really kinda cool to hear the albums with all the scratches and crackles you get, and believe me, you get lots of that with some of my very used albums.

sodascouts
07-27-2008, 01:33 PM
How fun! It's always a treat to find Eagles stuff, even if there was only one album. Your husband is so funny. ;)

Freypower
07-27-2008, 11:30 PM
It occurred to me last night that I've never mentioned that my cousin's name is Glenn. But as I've only ever met the guy about five times in my life, he barely registers with me. My mother's family, to put it extremely mildly, is not close. Incidentally I only have five cousins, all on her side. My father's two brothers didn't have children, and my brother-in-law doesn't, so Rosalind has no cousins at all.

Glennsallnighter
07-28-2008, 05:24 AM
I have one of PLS's Pebble Beach pictures as my wallpaper at the moment. I have two log ins on my laptop, so when SO is home I switch users and have a pic from our recent holiday showing!
I'm going to start a new thread where we can show our memorabilia, as GA suggested.

Great idea GEF! I'm just up to my NECK in it at the moment! I meant to do that weeks ago!

Glennsallnighter
07-28-2008, 05:27 AM
The guy who services my alarm is called Glenn!

I cracked MF up on Saturday morning last by texting her

'Glenn Phoned, he'll be here in 10 minutes'

Mrs Henley
07-28-2008, 06:17 AM
A friend of my father's name is Don and he is fan of Don Henley :lol:

glenneaglesfan
07-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Our local supermarket has a promotion on at the moment for 'Mission Bell ' wines - you can guess where I'm coming from.....!

07-29-2008, 10:48 PM
GA - when Glenn is finished servicing you, please send him back over to the states where he belongs. :twisted:

And GEF - looks like it may be time to stock up the wine cellar. :D

DonFan
07-29-2008, 11:12 PM
GA - when Glenn is finished servicing you, please send him back over to the states where he belongs. :twisted:

:shock: :blush: I'm not even going to try to comment on that one! :heybaby:

Glennsallnighter
07-30-2008, 02:23 AM
DREAMER!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Mrs Frey
07-30-2008, 02:41 AM

:shock: :blush: I'm not even going to try to comment on that one! :heybaby:

You girls are EXTREMELY bad!!! :lol:

Great reminders, girls! :D

Mrs Henley
07-30-2008, 05:46 AM
Bad Bad Girls!!! :lol:

Glennsallnighter
07-30-2008, 05:09 PM
But you love us MH :wink: . And I love your av!

Mrs Henley
07-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Of course I do GA! ;) Thanks! :)

TimothyBFan
08-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Last night, after taking the family out to dinner to celebrate our son's 18th birthday, my husband and I sat out on the patio and listened to albums. The last album we played was Long Run and now I can't get Disco Strangler out of my head. That is my husbands favorite song by our guys and he made the comment he hopes that they play it at the concert. I hated to burst his bubble but told him they don't play it. I wonder if I emailed them and requested it for that night... :hmm: maybe in honor of our anniversary? Oh well-probably not!

Glennsallnighter
08-02-2008, 03:43 AM
Anyhing is worth a try Willie although I can't see them deviating from the set list. However I would handwriting to one of them rather than emailing them. I know Glenn :heart: has said before that he really appreciates hand written letters.

TimothyBFan
08-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Naw--I was only joking! I would never expect them to change a set list for anyone!

sodascouts
08-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Yesterday I went to a burger joint called Fuddrucker's. They were promoting their new milkshake, and so all the employees were wearing shirts with a picture of a milkshake on the back, and on the front...

"SHAKE IT TO THE LIMIT"!

Made me wanna buy one, that's for sure. ;)

Maleah
08-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Now THAT is cool Soda! lol Makes me want to find one of those myself! lol

Brooke
08-11-2008, 04:13 PM
That's funny, Soda! I want one, too!

Mrs Henley
08-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Aah Soda, that sounds great! and now we just have to hope that the taste will be also great! I want one!!!

Glennsallnighter
08-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Sounds like a great drink and a novel way of advertising it!

However I would NOT attempt to say the name of the restaurant 'under the influence'!!

TimothyBFan
08-12-2008, 03:27 PM
I am reading a book right now called "Rock Star Babylon". It's about myths, legends and things that have happened in rock and roll. Anyways, I am on a chapter talking about the Long Beach incident. One paragraph starts out, and I quote here, "Yes, these days, Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh and the other one..." :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: EXCUSE ME??? The other one? Are you kidding me? Time to move on to another book apparently! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mrs Henley
08-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Nah! They just forget Timmy! :shock: :o :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Maleah
08-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Nice sig Mrs. H.....looks vaguely familiar ;) lol :lol:

Freypower
08-13-2008, 11:34 PM
I was in town this morning and a bookstore which is being renovated had a sign outside saying 'Business As Usual'. Yes, it's a common message but still...

Trivia: Don finally wrote a song with this title. He also uses the phrase in Little Tin God, Inside Job and Workin' It.

(and if I could give an honourable mention to Peter Gabriel's classic Biko)....

glenneaglesfan
08-14-2008, 06:02 AM
Fp and Mrs H, cool videos to catch on VH1, and that's interesting about Don's use of the phrase 'Business as Usual'.

Soda, I'd love one of those t-shirts!

However I would NOT attempt to say the name of the restaurant 'under the influence'!!
Lol, GA, my thoughts exactly!!

TBF, grr, ignorant authors, eh?

Mrs Frey
08-14-2008, 06:50 AM
Great moments, everyone! :D

TBF, I can imagine your exasperation at the omission of Tim's name. Huh. Shows how much they know about their subject, doesn't it? :roll:

Mrs Henley
08-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Nice sig Mrs. H.....looks vaguely familiar ;) lol :lol:

Haha thanks! Love yours too!
Well, just you say it...haha Oh dear :lol:
Don can be shared ;)

Mrs Henley
08-14-2008, 02:04 PM
I noticed that too FP! Go Don, you have finally your own title song :lol:

Perfect Little Sister
08-16-2008, 03:38 AM
Last night, toward the end of my shift I was starting to drag. I was standing at the computer doing a search when I noticed Glenn's Sea Cruise playing on the overhead speaker. Needless to say, I found my second wind and began dancing/lip sync-ing as I input info. :blush:

Glennsallnighter
08-16-2008, 05:06 AM
I'm sure you did PLS, and it gave you the energy to carry on! And that somng is so catchy! Nice one :D