PDA

View Full Version : Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Glennsallnighter
08-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Glenn :heart: stayed in the K-club (Major Golf Club) when he was in Dublin last year!

TimothyBFan
08-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Have you guys saw the newer Fruit Of The Loom commercial where the fruits are playing like a band in a desert? It starts out panning a sand dune that looks exactly like LROOE.

Peekaboo
08-10-2010, 03:25 AM
This is a reminder of the Eagles but I guess you could say that's it's also somewhat of a celebration as well. It was 3 years ago today (August 10th) that I got my Eagles tattoo. It hurt like crazy but it was well worth it in the end.

Troubadour
08-10-2010, 07:55 AM
And what an awesome tattoo it is!

Glennsallnighter
08-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Awwww Peek! :hug: Glad the pain was worth the gain!!

sodascouts
08-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Tattoos.....eek! But if you gotta get a tattoo, what better than the Eagles?

Brooke
08-13-2010, 01:38 PM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Hollywood%20Bowl%20Saturday%2017%20April%202010/Eagles2010HollywoodBowlS129p.jpg[/QUOTE]

Troub, I think you put down in the "playlist" thread that you were a big fan of The Band. I don't know much about them, but I was watching "The Last Waltz" the other night and noticed Robbie Robertson (?) had on a scarf and it reminded me of this shot of Tim with his scarf. (I think he looks very cool.) That video was made in 1978, I think. Goes to show you how fads come and go and come back again!

Troubadour
08-13-2010, 02:17 PM
You're right, Brooke! I love Robbie's scarf in The Last Waltz (one of my favourite ever DVDs) and it certainly suits Tim. Just to be picky, The Last Waltz was made in '76. ;) Thanks for bringing it up - it brought a smile to my face. I'm sure TBF will thank you for posting that picture, too.

Let's have a shot of Robbie for the sake of it, shall we? :heart:

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/atthetroubadour/The%20Band/robbiescarf.jpg
http://theband.hiof.no/band_pictures/78278LastWaltzRobbie.html

http://theband.hiof.no/band_pictures/78278LastWaltzRobbie.html

Brooke
08-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Yup, there he is! Thanks for posting that pic!

Troubadour
08-13-2010, 05:17 PM
No problem. I have a huuuuge bunch of Last Waltz screencaps that I could bore you with... but I won't. ;)

Freypower
08-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Without taking this too far off topic Robertson was positioning himself for his solo career in The Last Waltz. Nobody apart from real Band fans knew who he was except that he wrote the songs - he didn't sing them. So now who was this amazingly sexy man playing hot guitar? He tried acting and then he released a couple of solo albums (both of which I own) but he never really made it as a solo act. It is a shame because he is an amazing songwriter. I always thought the scarf was a perfect touch.

Troubadour
08-13-2010, 06:42 PM
He is an amazing songwriter. He looked GREAT in a hat, too.

TimothyBFan
08-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah...Robbie's real cool in his scarf but back on topic all of you! :fingerwag:

This reminds me when I went to Chicago and how much I enjoyed seeing them and would again in Indy in October if I wasn't so stubborn about spending the damn money!!!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20Chicago/IMG_2464.jpg

Troubadour
08-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah...Robbie's real cool in his scarf but back on topic all of you! :fingerwag:

:mrgreen:

Troubadour
08-13-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm watching Airline and one of the passengers was just 'showing off her talents' by singing Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough!

Brooke
08-13-2010, 10:17 PM

Yeah, well, he did remind me of an Eagle with it on, which is why I posted about it. :lol:

TimothyBFan
08-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah, well, he did remind me of an Eagle with it on, which is why I posted about it. :lol:

And I'm extremely thankful for it since you posted the picture to go with it also! :thumbsup:

Brooke
08-16-2010, 02:29 PM
In anticipation of the movie Eat Pray Love coming out, I am re-reading the book by Elizabeth Gilbert. On page 108 she mentions driving out of Rome up into the mountains with her friend Luca Spaghetti and they're blasting the Eagles and singing "Take it...to the limit...one more time!!!!!"

Just got to this part! :cool:

And the book is growing on me since I read that! lol

Peekaboo
08-18-2010, 05:34 AM
I haven't seen Eat, Pray, Love yet. Hopefully I'll get to see it soon. Just a guess but i'm assuming they didn't add the TITTL part in the movie, if so, that right there is worth watching.

I had a reminder of the Eagles at work a few nights ago when I was dealing on the Ultimate Texas Hold 'Em table and one of the customers had a pair of Queens and there was already a Queen on the board so he had 3 Of A Kind. When I turned his cards over he said "Look at those Queens!! It's like Pretty Maids All In A Row." I couldn't help but giggle when he said that.

Brooke
08-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Funny, Peek! :hilarious:

sodascouts
08-18-2010, 08:52 PM
lol Peek!

And those who see Eat, Pray, Love must report back to tell us if TITTL makes it onto the big screen.

Prettymaid
08-19-2010, 07:54 AM
I saw Eat Pray Love yesterday and enjoyed it, especially after reading the book. Sadly, TITTL did not make it into the movie, nor did any other Eagles song. For some reason they played Neil Young's Heart Of Gold in the scene directly following the part where TITTL would have been. But Soda, you will be happy to know that near the beginning of the movie they played Fleetwood Mac's Dreams.

tequila girl
08-19-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm looking to buy a couple of new Sofa's so i've been searching online for the past couple of days, Today I came across one called the 'Henley' sadly I didn't like it much :-( but how cool would that have been to have your very own Henley in your Living Room that you could go and sit/lounge on whenever you felt the need! :drool: :hilarious: :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
08-19-2010, 01:26 PM
:hilarious: Now there's a thought.... we could have Walsh end tables, a Schmit lounge chair and and Frey ottoman. :hilarious:

Prettymaid
08-19-2010, 03:59 PM
This reminds me of some fun we had with this picture here. (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15&highlight=chair&page=119)

http://tickypages.com/JoeWalsh/album7/joe4.jpg

tequila girl
08-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Hehehe That was great Cathy, Thanks for delving back into the archives for it! :thumbsup: :hilarious:

ticky
08-19-2010, 06:07 PM
I still want that attachment...

Peekaboo
08-19-2010, 06:11 PM
:hilarious: Now there's a thought.... we could have Walsh end tables, a Schmit lounge chair and and Frey ottoman. :hilarious:

I like your thinking. But I've got a question. Which of the guys name gets to be on the bed? Or are we just talking living room furniture?

I forgot that I had taken this picture till I went through my pics on my phone today. I took this the last time I went back to my hometown. There's actually two of these gas stations where i'm from.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/5909ef51.jpg

TimothyBFan
08-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Now I'd go out of my way to buy gas from that station!

This could go in this thread or the reminds of other Borderers thread. My cell went off last night around 10:30 to tell me I had a voice mail. It was my saved message from May 2nd (anyone here remember that night?). Phone only saves them so long and then reminds you to delete it or re-save it. I re-saved it. I listened again....it was a call from California at 12:01 my time when I got to hear Timothy serenade me with Love Will Keep Us Alive!!! Thanks once again Lou & Jess!!! :grouphug:

Troubadour
08-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Awwww! Sigh. What a night. So glad we could share a bit of Tim-love from San Jose with you, Willie. :hug:

TimothyBFan
08-21-2010, 10:00 AM
It's a very rainy day (thankfully!!) and Larry is working so I decided to just relax this morning with a book or something. Decided to check what was on TV first because I seldom watch anything on it, especially by myself. As I was flipping channels, I found a show called Cimarron Strip. Hmm, wonder what Eagle that reminds me of!!

Peekaboo
08-21-2010, 03:39 PM
This could go in this thread or the reminds of other Borderers thread. My cell went off last night around 10:30 to tell me I had a voice mail. It was my saved message from May 2nd (anyone here remember that night?). Phone only saves them so long and then reminds you to delete it or re-save it. I re-saved it. I listened again....it was a call from California at 12:01 my time when I got to hear Timothy serenade me with Love Will Keep Us Alive!!! Thanks once again Lou & Jess!!! :grouphug:

I'm curious, Willie, how long was that message? I remember calling but not being able to hear anything on your end of the line but I saw that the call was connected so I just held out the phone for you to listen. I'm glad that we were able to call you during one of Timothy's songs. Thank goodness I had cell service in that arena to be able to do that.

Peekaboo
08-23-2010, 05:41 AM
I'm not exactly sure which thread this should go in but I guess technically it is a reminder of the Eagles. I was just on itunes downloading some songs and I thought that I would type in Hotel California to see how many other artists/bands have covered that song and i saw that there is an album of Eagles song redone as a lullaby. I only listened to the Hotel California version but if you've got Itunes just type in Hotel California and scroll down till you see the lullaby album and have a listen.

TimothyBFan
08-23-2010, 07:18 AM
I'm curious, Willie, how long was that message? I remember calling but not being able to hear anything on your end of the line but I saw that the call was connected so I just held out the phone for you to listen. I'm glad that we were able to call you during one of Timothy's songs. Thank goodness I had cell service in that arena to be able to do that.

It's a couple minutes long. Not real clear but you can definitely make out the tune. I was so glad that my voicemail picked up so I could save it.

Will try and check out the lullabies today. To funny.

Peekaboo
08-24-2010, 04:09 AM
I was so glad that my voicemail picked up so I could save it.

Me too. It would've been really cool if you had heard it in real time but i think it's almost even better that your voicemail picked up because now you have it on your phone forever.

Peekaboo
08-24-2010, 04:21 AM
I just remembered that there was a mention of Caddo Lake on last night's episode of True Blood. Thank goodness I had it on dvr because I wasn't sure if i heard it right so I had to rewind it a few times and then i put on the closed caption and sure enough they mentioned Caddo Lake. You all know who that reminded of.

sodascouts
08-24-2010, 12:47 PM
I bet!

Peekaboo
08-25-2010, 12:59 PM
I get podcasts of The Bob and Tom radio talk show and I was listening to last wednesdays episode (i'm behind) and they were talking about certain artists paying close attention to the sound and quality of their music on their albums and in concert and Bob mentioned that the Eagles have "The best live mixed show I've seen...you can actually sit in any place in the arena and hear every instrument, every vocal. It was wonderful." :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
08-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Awww, what a nice thing for him to say on their show! And it's true!

TimothyBFan
08-25-2010, 02:14 PM
:applause::applause: Cool!!

Peekaboo
08-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Very cool, indeed. I had the Bob and Tom Show on in the background as I packing my bag this morning and I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard them mention the Eagles.

They also made a reference to Don Henley a couple weeks ago but i can't remember what it was.

ticky
08-26-2010, 12:05 AM
I just remembered that there was a mention of Caddo Lake on last night's episode of True Blood. Thank goodness I had it on dvr because I wasn't sure if i heard it right so I had to rewind it a few times and then i put on the closed caption and sure enough they mentioned Caddo Lake. You all know who that reminded of.

Which episode and where? I'll check it out on On Demand (I havent missed an episode but I missed the Caddo Lake reference)

ticky
08-26-2010, 06:05 PM
I've been listening to an audio book written by Carl Hiassen called Star Island. One of the characters in the book, a reoccurring character named Skink is kind of a wild man who lives in the Florida Everglades. He's an ex-Governor of the state and kind of went nuts when he discovered his deputy Governor and cabinet were not quite as upstanding and honorable as he was. Now he fights to save the Florida wet lands and natural areas as kind of a wild vigilante. In this book, he broke into the Ex-deputy-Governor's house to talk to him. He pulled a CD out of his pocket to put on the stereo... JOE WALSH!!! HA! they didnt say which one tho.

Troubadour
08-26-2010, 06:12 PM
LOL! I love it!

Prettymaid
08-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Skink has good taste!

Ive always been a dreamer
08-26-2010, 08:17 PM
'Specially considering he used to be a politician! :lol:

Brooke
08-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Too funny! :lol:

Freypower
08-27-2010, 06:34 PM
I was looking at the iTunes store yesterday and an album has been released by a band called (I kid you not) !!! entitled Strange Weather, Isn't It? :eyebrow:

EaglesFanatic
08-28-2010, 06:34 PM
I was at the mall today and I saw a Maserati. Almost instantly Life's Been Good started playing in my head :lol: Oh I also heard Boys Of Summer playing on the radio haha

08-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Well, I was driving down the road (trying to loosen my load) yesterday, and I got behind this 18-wheeler that was moving at a snail's pace. It was a one-lane road so I couldn't pass. I didn't mind though because on the back of the truck was the company name in huge letters - EAGLES! :thumbsup:

Troubadour
08-31-2010, 02:33 AM
I'm watching GMTV (a morning magazine show in England) and the question they gave for today's holiday competition was:

Complete this phrase. 'Come rain or...'

A. Shine
B. Twinkle
C. Glow

It's gonna take some head scratching! ;)

sodascouts
08-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Ah, life is happier when we get reminded of the Eagles on a regular basis! My friend's aunt and uncle, who we overnighted with before going to Atlantic City, live on Glenmore Avenue. When I saw the road sign I said, "More Glenn? Yes please." ;)

Troubadour
08-31-2010, 03:34 PM
My grandparents live near Glenmoor Road. See? The whole world wants more Glenn! ;)

Peekaboo
08-31-2010, 04:27 PM
The whole world wants more Glenn! ;)

Ain't that the truth!!

Over the weekend two of my nieces were given their Indian names. I'd have to call my grandpa and ask him how to spell and pronounce the names he gave them but the Hannah was given the name Little Flower and Kyla was given the name Eagle Girl. When Kyla grows up and becomes an adult her name will change to Eagle Woman. I'm very proud of my two young nieces but i must admit to being a bit jealous of Kyla's name.

Troubadour
08-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Kyla was given the name Eagle Girl. When Kyla grows up and becomes an adult her name will change to Eagle Woman.

That is so frickin' cool!!! I'm jealous, too.

tequila girl
09-01-2010, 03:43 AM
I was in the car yesterday when BOS came on the radio, we stopped at traffic lights.....right next to a removals lorry that was "Eagles Transport" :)

Glennsallnighter
09-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Oh Jess, I don't blame you being jealous! Do you have an Indian name too?

On the way down the M1 the other day I say a van representing 'FastLane couriers' and soon hot on it heels one sporting the logo 'Linden Foods'

TimothyBFan
09-05-2010, 09:28 AM
I had 2 yesterday.

First, on the way to my Mother's, I got behind a truck that had the name of the truck in big bold letters on the back..... Walsh Cargo.

Second, during the Notre Dame football game, there was a tackle to a player that immediately was hit and the announcer said that "the defender was waiting in the weeds for that play". BTW--The Irish defeated the Purdue Boilermakers (sorry Nancy!).:nahnah:

EaglesFanatic
09-07-2010, 05:25 AM
This made me think of Glenn :)

09-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Very cool EF - that makes me think of Glenn, too. Did you take that picture?

Troubadour
09-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Love it, EF!

I just saw a trailer for The Other Guys on TV, and the voiceover said "He's taking it to the limit..."

09-14-2010, 08:51 AM
With the start of the NFL football season, I heard some commentators talking about the Eagles. Of course, everytime I hear the name mentioned, I don't think of the football team. :wink: I got to thinking, I wonder if we could make a football team out of our guys? Wonder what position Don, Glenn, Timothy, and Joe would play if they were football players? Yeah, I know it's pathetic. It doesn't take much to make my mind wander to incredible places. :lol:

TimothyBFan
09-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Timothy would be the tight end!!! :nahnah: Hey----you left me wide open for that one!! :hilarious:

Troubadour
09-14-2010, 09:57 AM
LOL!

GlennLover
09-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Glenn has said that he is the quarterback of the Eagles.

09-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Well then - I want to be the Center! :twisted:

EaglesFanatic
09-14-2010, 10:28 PM
I was reading some literature for English, and one sentence said, "Take it easy, don't let the..." I was expecting the rest of the sentence to say, sound of your own wheels drive you crazy :hilarious: but it did not, unfortunately LOL!

Brooke
09-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Glenn has said that he is the quarterback of the Eagles.

I want to be the Receiver! :twisted:

Prettymaid
09-15-2010, 01:39 PM
That's a good one EF!

Those of you familiar with Wii know that you can make little Mii characters to look like yourself, your family or whoever. A couple of years ago when we got ours I made several Mii characters, including the four current Eagles. These Miis show up in the games you play as "extras".

Well, recently we got a Wii Fit Plus to help with my daily excersise. Yesterday morning I decided to do one of the runs. As my little Mii character is running along, who do I see pass me but none other than Joe Walsh! Needless to say I pushed myself a little harder to try and keep up with him! http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/5.gif

GlennLover
09-15-2010, 01:52 PM
LOL!

Brooke
09-15-2010, 02:46 PM
:hilarious: Too cute, Pm!

Troubadour
09-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Cathy, that's hilarious! I love it.

sodascouts
09-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Those of you familiar with Wii know that you can make little Mii characters to look like yourself, your family or whoever. A couple of years ago when we got ours I made several Mii characters, including the four current Eagles. These Miis show up in the games you play as "extras".

Well, recently we got a Wii Fit Plus to help with my daily excersise. Yesterday morning I decided to do one of the runs. As my little Mii character is running along, who do I see pass me but none other than Joe Walsh! Needless to say I pushed myself a little harder to try and keep up with him! http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/5.gif

HAHAHA! That's great!

TimothyBFan
09-16-2010, 07:43 AM
:hilarious: I just don't know if I could exercise with an Eagle in the same room.

Glennsallnighter
09-16-2010, 05:36 PM
I love it too Cathy! I'm familiar with the Mii characters as well. Chris makes them on his Wii.

I was in the local chipper today and the guy behind me in the queue had a sweatshirt with a logo stating

'US Open, Pebble Beach, 2010'

Even with a giddy 6-year old with me, just reading those words made me smile and sent my mind into very nice places....

sodascouts
09-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Ah yes! If only Glenn had been at Pebble Beach in 2010. :( But we always have the memories!

sodascouts
09-18-2010, 12:14 AM
There's a street near me called "Applian Way." Of course not only Rome but LROOE crosses my mind every time I see it, regardless of the extra letter!

Glennsallnighter
09-20-2010, 08:42 AM
Yes! Soda! Wonderful memories I'm sure.

We actually DO have an 'Appian Way' in Dublin.

On Freyday last I saw an advertisement for a benefit night for somebody in the school whose husband had died. Anyway the band playing at it are called 'The Allnighters'

Yesterday we went to lunch in TGI Fridays. On the way in PEF was playing on the radio and when we got in guess what the cocktail of the day was?

Yep! Tequila Sunrise. Of course I HAD to have one.....

Koala
09-20-2010, 11:35 AM
I saw today a episode from Deadliest Catch with the name When Hell Freezes Over!

EaglesFanatic
10-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Don Henley is in my English Literature textbook! I was flipping through the pages trying to find my assignment, and much to my amazement, there was a picture of our very own Don! There is only one page about him, and it's pretty interesting. I enjoyed reading about him much more than the stupid story I had to read for homework :hilarious:

sodascouts
10-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Oh my gosh, how cool is that??? What was the article about?

EaglesFanatic
10-04-2010, 11:42 PM
This is the opening paragraph:
"In 1990, the musician Don Henley of the rock group the Eagles founded the Walden Woods Project to protect a part of Walden Woods under threat of real-estate development. Here Henley talks about how Thoreau and Emerson contributed to his "spiritual awakening' and his commitment to the preservation of Walden Woods."
My book is called Elements of Literature Fifth Course if that matters lol.

whitcap
10-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Don Henley is in my English Literature textbook! I was flipping through the pages trying to find my assignment, and much to my amazement, there was a picture of our very own Don! There is only one page about him, and it's pretty interesting. I enjoyed reading about him much more than the stupid story I had to read for homework :hilarious:

I used that same textbook in high school. I had totally forgotten about it until I saw your post. I remember looking through the table of contents and being shocked to see Don's name. Of course I flipped straight to it and read the page about him. It was about how Don was influenced by Emerson and Thoreau. I believe the picture was from HFO.

Koala
10-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Don Henley is in my English Literature textbook!
How cool!
I would have had this book at school also with pleasure! However, in my English Literature textbook were mentioned, at least, Elvis Presley and Phil Collins / Genesis, also not bad!

Brooke
10-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Wow! I wonder what Don thinks of being mentioned in a textbook? Very proud, I'm sure!

EaglesFanatic
10-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Whitcap-yes I think the pic is from HFO. That's pretty cool that I'm using the same textbook as you did!
Koala-It's fun to have a textbook with him in it. Except for the fact that the book weighs about 100 pounds! :hilarious: That's cool that Elvis and Phil was in yours. I :heart: Genesis

Yet another reminder of the Eagles at school today... So I was in my Book Of Psalms class, and we were studying the 23rd psalm. That in itself reminded me of the LROOE lyrics.
It's great to be reminded of my favorite band on a daily basis :lol:

Koala
10-06-2010, 08:51 AM
I :heart: Genesis

I also, I'm a huge fan!

Today at work I had once more time to make something for the school library and I've found a book about pirates. The pirate ship was called EAGLE and the fearless(this stood really there) captain was called Frey!

Brooke
10-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Yet another reminder of the Eagles at school today... So I was in my Book Of Psalms class, and we were studying the 23rd psalm. That in itself reminded me of the LROOE lyrics.
It's great to be reminded of my favorite band on a daily basis :lol:

Good catch EF!

sodascouts
10-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Today at work I had once more time to make something for the school library and I've found a book about pirates. The pirate ship was called EAGLE and the fearless(this stood really there) captain was called Frey!

Wow! Cool! That's my kind of pirate book!

TimothyBFan
10-07-2010, 07:57 AM
I also, I'm a huge fan!

I can see this being one of Ticky's fantasy stories! :p

EaglesFanatic
10-07-2010, 10:22 PM
The pirate ship was called EAGLE and the fearless(this stood really there) captain was called Frey!
That's so funny! How ironic!

Glennsallnighter
10-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Incredible! But soooo cool!

Our Fearless Leader!

Peekaboo
10-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Koala, great find with that book. :thumbsup:

EF, very cool about Don being mentioned in your textbook. That must've been really exciting to stumble upon that. I sure hope you got your assignment finished. I know i'd have a hard time getting any homework done knowing that Don's mentioned in one of my textbooks.

I had two reminders recently. Well, one of them happened about a month ago. That one would be when I won an eagle from one of those claw machines that you try to win stuffed animals from. My niece, Natalie, wanted to try the game but gave up after two tries then asked me to play for her. I asked her which animal she wanted me to try to get and she pointed out the Eagle and I got it on the first try. That was the first time I have ever won something from the claw machine. Nat was so happy when I won it. She ran to her mom to show her and said "Auntie Jessica won this Eagle for me!!" Since the eagle is the school mascot for my hometown her mom said "Cool, that's like the Weatherford Eagles." Natalie added "And it's like Auntie Jessica's Eagles." :grin: Here's a pic of Nat's prize.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/2010-09-07201804.jpg

My second reminder is from a t-shirt that my mom gave me last week. This is supposed to be for my hometown Weatherford Eagles but I like to think that it's also for our guys too.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/2010-10-06132449-1.jpg

TimothyBFan
10-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Cool shirt Peek!!! And what did Nat name the little Eagle? Donny?

Troubadour
10-09-2010, 10:28 AM
So cute, Jess!

10-09-2010, 11:33 AM
I always loved it when one of my textbooks would mention something really cool in it - gave me a whole new respect for it. :thumbsup:

And Jess - that Eagle and tee shirt are both beautiful!!! :lol:

Well I was on the phone talking to Soda last night as she was driving to her friend's house in Mississippi. She passed through Coffeyville. Both of us said something simulanteously along the lines of "hope you don't spot two brothers lyin' dead". Ah - great minds.

Peekaboo
10-10-2010, 04:07 AM
And what did Nat name the little Eagle? Donny?

Lol! I'm not sure if she named it or not but i'll be sure and run that name by her. Nat named her puppy that she got a few months ago Skittles so there's really no telling what she named the Eagle.

Peekaboo
10-10-2010, 04:31 AM
EF's post about Don being mentioned in one of her textbooks reminded me of an assignment that I had in my English Lit. class in high school. I can't believe I'm only just now remembering this. This was either during my junior or senior year because it was after Don's Inside Job album came out. It was during the poetry section of the class and my teacher had us listen to Taking You Home and They're Not Here, They're Not Coming. I remember we had to write about our thoughts and interpretations of both songs and then discuss it with the rest of the class. I'm wondering if I still have those papers boxed up somewhere in my parents basement with the rest of my high school stuff. I know I kept some of that stuff but the question is where in the basement among the thousand other boxes is it at.

At the time I didn't know anything about Don or who he was but I knew of Taking You Home because it was being played on the radio quite a bit and I really liked the song. Not long after that assignment I bought Inside Job. I wasn't into any of the other songs except TYH but I never really gave the whole album a chance till I really got into The Eagles about 3 years later. After buying The Very Best Of album I was hooked and the rest is history.

TimothyBFan
10-11-2010, 07:21 AM
I've had a few this weekend. Saturday when we were getting the Sirius hooked up in my car, they were having trouble adjusting the bass and treble etc. There was a comment made about there not being enough bass and I kiddingly said "I really like the 'booming bass' of the Eagles" and Larry came back with "no, you really like the bass player of the Eagles". :hilarious: Glad he's secure enough that that doesn't bother him.

And also, while they were working on that stereo at ABC Warehouse, I decided to head next door to waste some time at the Bargain Book store. I went to the entertainment section and picked up a huge book about singles released the last 30-40 years. The first page I opened to was 1977, one page had a picture of the Eagles and the other page had a picture of Stevie Nicks. :thumbsup: A good combination I thought.

Troubadour
10-12-2010, 07:59 AM
This is kind of silly, but it made me grin. I just got an email back from the headmistress of a local school (I enquired about classroom vacancies) and instead of "Dear Louise", she obviously made a typo, and it said "Lear Louise." Couldn't help thinking of Don's infamous activities in the '70s and how I wouldn't have objected if he wanted to Lear me over to wherever he was! ;) :twisted:

Glennsallnighter
10-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Ooooh I'd say you'd be happy for Don to Lear you anywhere Louise....

And I LOVE your new av!

tequila girl
10-15-2010, 05:18 PM
I was just looking at a Tee-Shirt design company's website and found this

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/carolwayne/charlie/eagles/drummer-des.jpg

Guess who sprung to mind??:pimp: :drummer: :grin: :hilarious:

GlennLover
10-15-2010, 10:07 PM
:hilarious: !! I think guitar players are in that category too :rockguitar:!

sodascouts
10-16-2010, 02:41 AM
LOL!!! That's great!

Peekaboo
10-19-2010, 04:41 AM
I was just looking at a Tee-Shirt design company's website and found this

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/carolwayne/charlie/eagles/drummer-des.jpg

Guess who sprung to mind??:pimp: :drummer: :grin: :hilarious:

LOVE IT!!! :thumbsup:

Peekaboo
10-19-2010, 04:44 AM
I was recently listening to one of last weeks episodes of The Bob and Tom Show. Bob mentioned that he went to the Eagles concert in Indy last week said it was a great show. They ended up playing an interview they did with Joe a few years ago.

Prettymaid
10-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Oh yeah, Bob and me stood with our arm around each other drinking a beer and belting out Hotel California. We go way back! :lie: :hilarious:

sodascouts
10-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Well, now that I've sufficiently recovered from the trip back from Austin, it's time to reveal my terrifying tale...

LOST IN LINDEN!!!

Heading back from Austin to Memphis takes you right by Linden. Since I was driving alone, there was no reason why I couldn't cruise around and get a good look at the "fertilizer of Don's genius." Maybe I could even get my courage up to ask a local about him.

The only problem was that I left later than planned, and by the time I hit Linden, the sun was setting. I wouldn't be able to see a thing! Oh well, at least I'll stop and eat something there, I thought.

I used my GPS, which I have named "Bridget", and did a search for food. A place called "Music City Pizza" came up. That sounds promising! I thought. I remembered Don's buddy Richard Bowden had done some kind of Music City thing near Linden and I wondered if this was affiliated. If so, surely they'd love to talk about Don there!

I set "Bridget" to find "Music City Pizza" and before you know it, I was in downtown Linden, cruising by the courthouse and a couple churches.... but when Bridget said "Destination on Right" there was no pizza place there! There were some shops there but they looked closed. Oh well, guess I missed it, I thought. I'll just circle back and try again.

And here is where my heartache began. There was a lot of construction and there was a car behind me, so I was reluctant to just turn around in a parking lot. I figured I would just drive a couple more blocks back to Highway 59 and then pull back around.

So I did.... but it was really dark - the moon was nothing more than a sliver - and it was hard to make out streets to turn onto. Finally I saw one - "Center Hill Road" - and drove onto it expecting to see lovely little Linden houses in the dark. Instead, somehow, I found myself on a gravelly road, surrounded by trees, barely able to see the road in the pitch black, with large ditches on either side. Bridget kept telling me to do a U-turn, but the street was narrow and I had a nightmarish vision of my trusty Honda winding up in a ditch in Linden. NOT a happy thought. So I kept driving, looking for a road - Bridget kept claiming I was passing roads, but I never actually saw them, just driveways - unless those were the roads?? I just kept going deeper into the woods.

How did this happen? I didn't go THAT far! I thought unhappily. Only I could get lost in a town this size while in possession of a GPS.

I inched along - no problem with a car behind me this time, there was NO ONE around - and finally made out a street sign that said "Rush." There were signs of civilization here, so I reprogrammed Bridget to just take me back to freaking Music City Pizza please. However, once again, she let me down and it wasn't where she said it was.

No longer willing to keep driving like last time, I just kept u-turning using various parking lots and even a couple driveways. "Who knows, maybe I just u-turned in the driveway of Don's old house!" I muttered after the second or third one. "Wouldn't THAT be cool... NOT!"

At this point a car seemed to be following me. I wondered if some local was thinking I was a crazy drunk or whatever. I was so embarrassed and I just was grateful that it was too dark for people to see my Eagles license plate and know exactly what kind of buffoon I am!

Then I saw it... a sign glowing in the dark invitingly, like an old fluorescent friend.... DAIRY QUEEN! Ah yes, an Oreo Blizzard would make me feel MUCH better. Screw "Music City Pizza" - screw all of this crap - I'm outta here! I pulled in the parking lot, had myself a nice big dose of ice cream, and decided that it was time for me to leave Linden and return at a time when I could actually see what I was doing.

But at least I got a gas receipt with the name of the town on it. lol

(BTW, Dairy Queen is really happenin' in Linden. The admittedly small parking lot was so full I had to circle the building to find a space, and there were people of all ages inside, including three cops who were apparently in no hurry to go out and patrol the crime-ridden streets of Linden, lol. At least I got that part of the "Linden experience"! ;) )

Brooke
10-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Oh my, Soda! At least you tried! I'm glad you made it out of there safely.

As for gps', mine has quit working. Last Sunday we had to drive to Alton, IL and it never could find a satellite. Luckily we knew where to go, but Tom Tom has been sent in for a replacement! :rolleyes:

Prettymaid
10-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Soda, I just went back and reread the dream you had about visiting Linden, forgetting that I was in it! (So were you, Brooke!) No visit to Dairy Queen in your dream (wouldn't that have been freaky!) - in fact, no food at all, which is unlike your usual Soda Eagles Dream but a fine dream regardless.

Even though you got lost in Linden and didn't get to see or hear about any Don stuff, I still wish I could have been with you. We probably wouldn't have gotten as lost, and I could have enjoyed an Extreme Chocolate Blizzard with you! :wink:

Freypower
10-21-2010, 05:38 PM
What a great story, Soda. I know all about GPS now as we used one in England. It would constantly nag Mike that he was over the speed limit or it would be 'recalculating route' if he took a wrong turn. It was invaluable (although English roads are brilliant, for the most part).

At least you can say you have seen Linden now. Royal Oak next?!

Lisa
10-21-2010, 07:38 PM
That's quite a drive around Linden--in extra travel time! Now that you've been through once, I hope that you have another opportunity to drive through and see it during the day!

eaglesvet
10-22-2010, 12:03 AM
As I was reading, I was thinking that I had remembered hearing about you driving into Linden before...and then PM cleared it up by reminding us that "it was all a dream!" :hilarious: It does sound kind of creepy, to be driving on and on, not seeing any of the landmarks or roads Bridget was pointing out along the way. (I don't have a GPS, but I do notice that they do take on a personality in that drivers tend to name them...my good friend calls hers Celeste.) It's too bad you didn't get the pizza, nor get to see more of what Linden is all about! (Or maybe, that is what Linden is all about...:fear::fear: ?)

sodascouts
10-22-2010, 12:28 AM
Ah yes, my famous Linden dream! PM, I wish you had been along, too. It was a lonely escapade!

The GPS was a gift from my parents, who knew how infamously bad I was at directions. They call theirs "the Garmin" after the company that makes them, but that seemed so unromantic to me! I had just watched Bridget Jones' Diary, so I programmed my GPS to talk with a British accent, called her Bridget, and there you have it!

I remember one long trip I took with a friend - we drove from Mississippi to Indiana - and after a few too many instances of Bridget snapping "Recalculating!" at us, my friend started referring to "Bridget" as "The b*tch." I think I like my name for her better, lol.

Prettymaid
10-22-2010, 08:53 AM
I traveled with you (and Bridget) to pick TBS up and head to Chicago and back, and not once did I call her a bad name! :hilarious: To the contrary, I thought she was invaluable, so much so that I have asked Hubby for one for our 10th anniversary next month. Romantic, huh?

sodascouts
10-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Just for kicks, I was watching one of my old Fleetwood Mac bootleg DVDs. In this one, from the Japanese leg of their Rumours tour (1977), there is a TON of backstage footage. It's raw footage, unedited, of the band before and after some of the Japanese shows. I don't know why it was taken but there is hours of it, and of course hardcores like me love to watch it and get a glimpse of what their life was like back then... everything from Stevie's elaborate stage makeup application to Lindsey whining about touring and having to do interviews after a show, at which point Christine McVie gets absolutely disgusted with him. lol Christine makes dry jokes while sipping wine; Stevie runs around giggling and being playful; Lindsey alternates between glaring at her, making out with his new girlfriend, and fiddling around on a guitar while discussing the merits of various studio sound systems and complaining about Warner Brothers. Mick Fleetwood hams it up for the camera every time it gets anywhere near him - at the other end of the spectrum, John McVie spends the majority of his time sitting against the wall and drinking silently, pointedly ignoring the camera. It does give one some insight into band dynamics. (In Eagles terms, imagine if we had five hours of footage like you see in the first minute of this (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1971g_eagles-hotel-california_music)).

So, here's the Eagles-related bit. At one point, Stevie shows the camera the pendant she is wearing. It is large and silver, and has a likeness of Merlin engraved on it. As she displays it for the camera, she proudly declares, "Mr. Don Henley gave it to me and it's so wonderful..." She talks about how it almost fell off while she was onstage a few hours prior, but it got caught on her dress so she was able to grab it. "It didn't want to leave me," she says very seriously. She calls it her "good luck charm." Looks like Mr. Don Henley's gift was a hit!

ETA: Found it on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07pUz61ksa0

Brooke
10-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Mr. Don Henley is one wonderful guy! lol

Loved that old footage Soda! Thanks!

10-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Yep - seems like Mr. Don Henley did know how to love 'em and lear 'em back in the day. :partytime:

Prettymaid
10-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Nice little Stevie video. Great video of the Eagles too! Joe looks so eager to please in the circle of fear. :hilarious:

sodascouts
10-26-2010, 11:50 AM
That reminds me of Tim's Farewell 1 interview:

"Circle of Fear? There's no Circle of Fear. Is that a Glenn nickname? That sounds like a Glenn nickname." lol

Prettymaid
10-26-2010, 01:33 PM
You know, I never noticed until recently that the last guitar riff in HC have a lot more slide to them live than the original version, or am I wrong? I actually thought it was something Joe had changed up during this tour but I can clearly hear it on this old video too.

Peekaboo
10-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Great story, Soda. It kinda sounds like your experience could've been in one of Ticky's stories. Hopefully one of these days I'll get to take a trip to see Linden and Caddo Lake.

The GPS was a big help on the road trip to San Jose, especially when I was driving at night. We went through lots of winding roads and it really helped to see on the GPS when the curves were coming up. Btw, I'm not sure who or why but somehow my GPS was named "Gips" (pronounced with a "J") during that trip.

When I was driving to Wichita last week I passed a semi-truck with the name FREYMILLER on the side of it. Even though I slowed down a bit I still hurried to get my phone out to take a pic (there were cars behind me). I tried to get the entire FREYMILLER name but i ended up only getting the part that said FREY...go figure.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/2010-10-19171654.jpg

sodascouts
10-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Well, you got the important part! lol!

I like "Gips." If I get a new one, maybe I'll name her "Gypsy."

TimothyBFan
10-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Only because I love all of you..... PLEASE stop snapping pictures on the freeways, highways, roadways, etc.... Just come here and tell us about it. We will believe you without a picture, I promise! :hilarious: I fear one of us is going to get hurt trying to be reminded of the Eagles and how would they feel about that? :hilarious:

Peekaboo
10-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Oh Willie. Okay, I promise i won't drive and take pictures at the same time anymore. You have my word. :)

Peekaboo
10-30-2010, 08:36 PM
I had two reminders recently. The first came when I watching C.S.I. the other day and they were looking for a murder suspect on Appian Ave. I couldn't help but go listen to LROOE after I heard that.

The second reminder came from a book I just finished reading. Towards the end of the book the main character was going to dinner with her mother and sister at a restaurant at The Fairmont. The Fairmont is the hotel we stayed at in San Jose and that's where a few of us saw Joe near the elevators. The characters in the book lived in a suburb of San Francisco so i'm just guessing that there's a Fairmont there too.

Troubadour
10-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Love it, Jess!

Brooke
11-05-2010, 05:00 PM
This actually reminded me of Don:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40030700/ns/technology_and_science-security/?GT1=43001

Yikes!

Glennsallnighter
11-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Awwwwwww I just LOVE that truck Jess! We pass a pub occasionally called 'Caffreys'. Needless to say I concentrate on the latter part of the word.

sodascouts
11-05-2010, 07:21 PM
This actually reminded me of Don:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40030700/ns/technology_and_science-security/?GT1=43001

Yikes!

Surely even Don would agree that amount is too high.

The 14-year-old daughter of my aunt's friend was killed by a drunk driver about five years ago. The family sued for wrongful death and received several hundred thousand dollars, but not $1.5 million.

So, unless those songs are worth more than the life of a little girl, the amount is disproportionate to the offense.

Glennsallnighter
11-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Well I totally agree with your analysis of that fact Soda. I can understand the music industry as a unit being aggrieved, but that is a ridiculous amount. I would tend to go with the itunes idea. Ie, fine the person what the tunes would cost to legally download.

sodascouts
11-12-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm teaching a class on Shakespeare this semester, and of course every time I see that Shakespeare's birthplace and home in Stratford-upon-Avon was on Henley Street....

Freypower
11-12-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm teaching a class on Shakespeare this semester, and of course every time I see that Shakespeare's birthplace and home in Stratford-upon-Avon was on Henley Street....

I didn't like to mention it but when I was there recently of course it crossed my mind. :thumbsup:

EaglesFanatic
11-23-2010, 07:49 PM
My brother took me to this awesome record store. I had never been to one before, so it was a lot of fun! I especially loved it, because they had a lot of old Glenn and Don H. albums. They also had tons of Poco records; I'd say they had close to a couple dozen Poco albums! I looked for Joe stuff, but unfortunately they didn't have any.

TimothyBFan
11-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Welcome to my world EF!! I salivate every time I walk into a record store or show!! LOVE vinyl!!!

Stars
11-24-2010, 10:58 AM
I was doing some grocery shopping this morning, and the cashier commented on my Eagles T shirt! She said she has been a big fan since the early days, and also mentioned a Henley solo concert that she attended in 1990. She loved the concert so much, she still talks about it to people today. She said it's one of the best concerts she has ever attended. Why am I not surprised??:) And yes, I told her I was going to mention her to all of you on the Border!:nod:

tequila girl
11-24-2010, 01:27 PM
I think i'm spending too much time on here.......

...I'm listening to 'Wish You were Here' - Pink Floyd and instead of singing
Come in here, Dear boy, have a cigar I found myself singing "Have a guitar" .....wonder why? :laugh: :laugh:

sodascouts
11-24-2010, 01:32 PM
lol! That's great!

I was reading Time: A Year in Review on the plane yesterday. There was a quote from Ringo Starr with a photo of him. I immediately noticed he was wearing the same shirt Joe wears with the silver zig-zags on the front!

Prettymaid
11-24-2010, 11:11 PM
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Joe%20Walsh%20and%20Ringo%20Starr/JoeWalshRingoStarr2.jpg?t=1288803682

Yeah, this one! I really hope they're not borrowing each others' clothes!:eyebrow::hilarious:

jdubfan
11-26-2010, 09:15 PM
I think Joe's shirt on Ringo would look a lil big....

Brooke
11-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Last night I was watching the movie Sex & The City 2 and one of the girls (Samantha/Kim Cattrall) made a comment "when hell freezes over"! Wonder where they got that?! :lol:

tequila girl
11-27-2010, 11:01 AM
I always think about the "Oh My God" thing that has become a popular saying and wonder if it caught on from the line in Wasted Time or I remember Chandlers GF in Friends used to say it a lot, but who said it first....anybody know?

sodascouts
11-27-2010, 11:56 AM
The phrase "Oh my God" has been around forever! It appears in Renaissance writrings from the sixteenth century. More conservative areas, however, put the kibosh on the phrase as using the Lord's name in vain. Perhaps that was why you didn't hear it more. I know I was told never to use it.

People often get confused about such things, though. Look at "Take It Easy" - I have watched movies made as early as the 1930s where that phrase is commonplace (and I doubt those movies "invented" the phrase either), but some folks think the phrase wasn't in existence before the song came around.

tequila girl
11-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks for your in-depth reply Soda - I was going to delete it in hind-sight for being a stupid question - but too late - you'd answered :blush:

TimothyBFan
11-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Went and saw the new Harry Potter movie yesterday. There's a part where they are trying to get out of a locked dungeon. Someone tells them to "meet me at the top of the stairs". I had to grin at the thought of Timothy.

EaglesFanatic
11-28-2010, 01:30 AM
I saw Harry Potter yesterday too! lol I have to admit, I was too caught up in the movie to think about Tim's song :hilarious:

Koala
11-28-2010, 04:05 AM
I saw the Harry Potter movie on friday, and yes I must admit too, I also thought immediately of the song and had to grin!

sodascouts
11-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Re-reading Othello the other day, I was reminded of "Wasted Time" when Othello says he "loved not wisely but too well."

Freypower
11-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Re-reading Othello the other day, I was reminded of "Wasted Time" when Othello says he "loved not wisely but too well."

Indeed. I have always thought that.

Brooke
11-29-2010, 09:47 PM
I had a day off today and did some shopping and errand running in town. In one store someone named Shiloh was paged over the intercom. Of course I thought of Don H!

Then after I got home I was watching the local news and they told a story about a teen center named Common Ground. That reminded me of Glenn!

A good day! Which reminds me of Timothy! :lol:

11-29-2010, 10:53 PM
I had a day off today and did some shopping and errand running in town. In one store someone named Shiloh was paged over the intercom. Of course I thought of Don H!

Then after I got home I was watching the local news and they told a story about a teen center named Common Ground. That reminded me of Glenn!

A good day! Which reminds me of Timothy! :lol:

Well Brooke, I guess you can't argue with a ... Oh nevermind - but, you know who that reminds me of! :thumbsup:

And I turned the tv on a few minutes ago (which I hardly ever do) to check out the weather and there was a commercial on for a local classic rock station. The background music was none other than Hotel California. I thought to myself "Well if you are gonna advertise a classic rock station, what better song to use"!

EaglesFanatic
11-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Well Brooke, I guess you can't argue with a ... Oh nevermind - but, you know who that reminds me of! :thumbsup:

Oh boy... LOL :applause:

Troubadour
11-30-2010, 08:35 PM
I was watching Batman and Robin today at work with one of my service users and I couldn't help but think of Glenn when Batman said "Hey, Freeze - the heat is on."

EaglesFanatic
12-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Someone's status on Facebook is "Playin' it cool...". Naturally now, I have to go play the TBS song :hilarious:

sodascouts
12-01-2010, 11:21 PM
In the car today, I heard this song which reminded me of Glenn:

"Miami" by Will Smith - "Party in the city where the heat is on..."

and also "Already Gone" by Kelly Clarkson which reminds me of the Eagles for obvious reasons, lol.

AzEaglesFan
12-02-2010, 02:21 AM
Went to the "Valley" today and a big dually truck passed us with the personal plate ROCKYMT. Reminded me of Rocky Mountain Way and that reminded my of Joe Walsh and Eagles.

12-12-2010, 12:57 PM
I was reading an article this morning and it said remember when you didn't have a care in the world. Of course, it immediately reminded me of The End of the Innocence. Then, I read on a little further and it mentioned waking up in a cold sweat, which reminded me of All Those Lies. I thought "Hmmm - this person must be an Eagles fan. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
12-12-2010, 03:54 PM
I recently watched an old Saturday Night Live skit - the "Choppin' broccoli" Dana Carvey skit - where the music A&R people call someone named "Irving." That made me think of Azoff, which made me think of the Eagles.

Troubadour
12-18-2010, 04:59 AM
I watched the movie Law Abiding Citizen yesterday. In one scene, there was a van that said "Double Eagle Steak House" on the side. We don't have them over here in the UK, so it made me smile!

Peekaboo
12-18-2010, 07:12 AM
I watched the movie Law Abiding Citizen yesterday. In one scene, there was a van that said "Double Eagle Steak House" on the side. We don't have them over here in the UK, so it made me smile!

Mmmm, I enjoy a good steak every now and then. I would love to try one at the Double Eagle Steak House.

I had two recent reminders:

There are always many different kinds of promotion at work for drawings or giveaways. One of the promotions last month was for a Harley Davidson motorcycle. There were signs all over the casino and every time I saw one I had to smile because it was being advertised as the "2010 Harley Give Away" but it was written in fancy cursive letters and (to me) it always looked like it said "2010 Henley Give Away". I would LOVE to be the winner if it was the Henley give away. :smile:

A few days ago I saw a sign for "Don's Auto Sales". It reminded me of this picture.

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/actualmilescover.jpg

sodascouts
12-18-2010, 02:37 PM
lol! That's great!

I passed a sign saying "NEW IN TOWN" by the side of the road the other day and of course at first glance my brain just inserted "KID" automatically. I had to do a double take before realizing it wasn't there.

12-19-2010, 04:47 PM
I was out with my niece Christmas shopping yesterday, and one of the stores had a sign in the window that said "25% off of all of our cultural junk". I laughed, and of course, started singing Long Road Out of Eden to myself. Yeah - pretty pathetic, huh? :lol:

whitcap
12-19-2010, 06:07 PM
I was looking through the pay-per-view movies this morning and they had one called Boys of Summerville.

tequila girl
12-20-2010, 05:52 AM
I was out with my niece Christmas shopping yesterday, and one of the stores had a sign in the window that said "25% off of all of our cultural junk". I laughed, and of course, started singing Long Road Out of Eden to myself. Yeah - pretty pathetic, huh? :lol:
Not at all pathetic Dreamer.....isn't that what we'd all do!? :hilarious: :hilarious:

12-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Why I reckon you're right, TG. My reaction was 100% totally normal (well, at least, normal for a Borderer). :thumbsup:

Brooke
12-20-2010, 04:10 PM
While driving around in Springfiled, MO this weekend I saw a sign that said "Don Henney" in concert. Of course, I did a double take thinking it said Don Henley and was quickly thinking to myself, oh, great, he's coming back to Springfield solo, soon! I told my husband and he just shook his head. lol

TimothyBFan
12-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Received an early Christmas present from one of my nieces of a game called Rock and Roll Triviologies. Kind of flipping through the cards just now and found one of what I hope are many questions about the Eagles. "This singer/songwriter (not a band member) co-wrote The Eagles' first big hit 'Take It Easy' with Glenn Frey in 1972". :bye: ooh, I know, I know!!! :hilarious:

ETA--Next card had this one, "In 1985, Don Henley won a Grammy for a song that mentions empty beaches and Cadillac cars with Dead Head stickers. What song was it? :headscratch: Gee....I have a feeling I'm gonna do ok with this game. :thumbsup:

Troubadour
12-22-2010, 07:41 PM
I was just watching an episode of Miami Ink. A young guy was getting a tattoo of an eagle, which was dedicated to his dad. He said "My dad always had eagles in the house, you know, posters of eagles everywhere..." I couldn't help but smile. I'm sure many of us can relate to that! :nod:

sodascouts
12-23-2010, 03:04 AM
So true! In fact, Troub, you and Peek should really relate to this next one...

Tonight a show came on about meteorites and how it's possible one could hit Earth and destroy civilization - fun stuff like that, lol. The narrator states in a menacing voice that "A devastating meteor of just this type exploded approximately 50,000 years ago in the area of what is now Winslow, Arizona!"

Prettymaid
12-23-2010, 08:10 AM
Received an early Christmas present from one of my nieces of a game called Rock and Roll Triviologies. Kind of flipping through the cards just now and found one of what I hope are many questions about the Eagles. "This singer/songwriter (not a band member) co-wrote The Eagles' first big hit 'Take It Easy' with Glenn Frey in 1972". :bye: ooh, I know, I know!!! :hilarious:

:wave: :inlove::heart::iloveyou:

WalshFan88
12-26-2010, 01:12 PM

ETA--Next card had this one, "In 1985, Don Henley won a Grammy for a song that mentions empty beaches and Cadillac cars with Dead Head stickers. What song was it? :headscratch: Gee....I have a feeling I'm gonna do ok with this game. :thumbsup:

VERY cool!

Glennhoney
12-28-2010, 06:54 PM
I have learned from past experiences that most people don't "care" about all the Eagles stuff I know about....so it is SOOOOO great to have you guys (an amazing group) whom, like myself, continue to want more and more info on the most amazing musical group ever....THANK YOU.....and HAPPY NEW YEAR to each and everyone of you...

Troubadour
12-28-2010, 07:11 PM
I was flicking through the TV channels today and saw that there was a drama on called Winslow Boy!

TimothyBFan
01-01-2011, 12:29 PM
I was in Barnes & Noble yesterday to exchange my spare copy of the Eagles new book and was browsing around the bargain books and saw a book about how to play bass. I couldn't help but instantly think I bet Timothy didn't have to read a book like that to learn to do what he does so well. http://bestsmileys.com/music1/17.gif

Troubadour
01-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Nah - he was born talented! :pimp:

Troubadour
01-03-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm reading Cormac McCarthy's "The Border Trilogy" at the moment.

TimothyBFan
01-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Listening to The Bridge channel on Sirius and they are playing Make You Feel My Love by Bob Dylan----guess which Eagle that made me think of? And I have to say, I really like Timothy's version better than Bob's even tho it was originally Bob's.

As soon as it was over, they played a commercial for the station and played a snippet of the Eagles also. :thumbsup:

01-04-2011, 10:44 AM
And I have to say, I really like Timothy's version better than Bob's even tho it was originally Bob's.

Me too!

As soon as it was over, they played a commercial for the station and played a snippet of the Eagles also. :thumbsup:

Good move! :partytime:

Troubadour
01-04-2011, 10:53 AM
I also love Bryan Ferry's version of Make You Feel My Love. Beautiful song.

tequila girl
01-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I was just flipping channels and came across one of those 'odd one out' panel game shows.....the panelist had picked the right guy and when asked how she knew she said "I could tell by his Lyin' Eyes" :thumbsup:

Peekaboo
01-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Thanks to Timothy I think of him every time I hear the song Tempted by Squeeze. Does Tim still do that little bit during Eagles concerts? I know he did it in 2008 and 2009 but I can't remember if he did it during this last year. I've always liked his short little version of that song.

Troubadour
01-09-2011, 03:07 PM
He did it at our San Jose show this year! Don was bopping along to it, and it was super-cute. :nod:

TimothyBFan
01-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks to Timothy I think of him every time I hear the song Tempted by Squeeze. Does Tim still do that little bit during Eagles concerts? I know he did it in 2008 and 2009 but I can't remember if he did it during this last year. I've always liked his short little version of that song.

:thud::drool::inlove::fainted::smitten::faint: Awww, the memories!!!

Prettymaid
01-14-2011, 08:36 AM
Yesterday I was re-watching the alien abduction movie Fire In The Sky. Near the beginning of the movie as the detective is talking to the group of men, he asks one of them if he's in charge of the work crew and another man answers, "Yes, he's our fearless leader."

Freypower
01-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Yesterday I was re-watching the alien abduction movie Fire In The Sky. Near the beginning of the movie as the detective is talking to the group of men, he asks one of them if he's in charge of the work crew and another man answers, "Yes, he's our fearless leader."

Like all the best people. :yay:

I was delighted that Tim said that during at least one of the shows I attended.

Peekaboo
01-15-2011, 07:25 AM
He did it at our San Jose show this year! Don was bopping along to it, and it was super-cute. :nod:

Ah, now I remember. Don was really cute during that part. When Tim stopped playing that little version didn't Don do a little shoulder shrug of sorts as if he wanted Tim to keep on playing?

Troubadour
01-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Yes! He did! He was like "Oh... okay then..." and looked sort of playfully disappointed. So cute.

One of my service users told me today that he had "an Eagles t-shirt". (He gets very confused about all sorts, but he has always remembered that I am a fan of theirs.) He brought the t-shirt up to show me. It wasn't an official Eagles t-shirt, but it said "Eagles" and "California" on it, so one can understand why he would have thought it was affiliated with the band. Either way, I told him I loved it!

Prettymaid
01-15-2011, 10:05 PM
I was watching an episode of What Not To Wear and the woman who was made over was from Nashville. At the end, where she shows her new look to her friends and family, it showed her walking into a place called the Sunset Grill.

sodascouts
01-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Hmm, there's one in Nashville? I'll have to check it out!

ETA: Found it online. Looks like it's completely unrelated to the one in LA. In fact, it looks pretty nice!

http://www.sunsetgrill.com/

TimothyBFan
01-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Still reading Life by Keith Richards and keep getting constant reminders of the Eagles. He's talked about Gram Parsons and the Burritos, Waddy, Joe Vitale, Joe Walsh, the Troubador and so on.

Glennsallnighter
01-16-2011, 01:38 PM
I was at the Young Scientists Exhibition yesterday in the RDS (Of pleasant and happy memories) and came across a DVD with a rather nice title on the ENFO (Environmental information) stand

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Eaglesreturn.jpg

Unfortunately it refers to the feathered variety!

Brooke
01-17-2011, 12:14 PM
This morning I was watching a recap of the Golden Globes and they showed Christian Bale accepting the best supporting actor award for The Fighter. It struck me how much he looked like young Glenn. Put some aviators on his head!

What do you think?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/300balelr011611.jpg

I wish I could find a better pic. A screen cap of his acceptance speech would do it. I can't do that on my mac, anyone want to give it a try? I'd be forever grateful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ5OBf7Kjwo

sodascouts
01-17-2011, 02:44 PM
I tried to get a screenshot of a "Glenn moment" but the only time he really looked like Glenn to me was when he was in profile going up to except the award. He definitely looked like Glenn to me when he wasn't dead on facing the camera!

However, he could probably do a good job playing Glenn in an Eagles movie as long as he could imitate Glenn's drawl.

Brooke
01-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Well, yeah, I meant a resemblance at a glance with the long, thick, wavy hair.

Put a tux on young Glenn during his beard, long hair days.....that would have been interesting!

sodascouts
01-18-2011, 11:52 AM
I absolutely agree. He has the Glenn 70's hair down!

Troubadour
01-18-2011, 01:47 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/eaglesinreview.png

I saw these DVDs in the pound shop earlier. Yes, they were £1 each. I didn't get one (partly because I had my hands full) and partly because I didn't know if it was some unauthorised crap... Anyone got it? If it's good, I'm going straight back there tomorrow to get it!

Either way, it was a nice surprise to see young denim-clad Don lazing on a rock while I was out shopping... :smitten:

tequila girl
01-18-2011, 01:59 PM
It's probably just me Lou.....but I can't for the life of me make out that 3rd word - Music in ???????

and no, I haven't got it, never seen it before- sorry....but let us know once you get it! :thumbsup:

Annabel
01-18-2011, 02:11 PM
My eyes aren't working either. No idea what that 3rd word is. :brickwall: Not seen it before either.

Troubadour
01-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Melanie - it's Music In Review :)

Brooke
01-18-2011, 02:15 PM
It's 'review'. I have it and it's not that great. Mostly critics reviewing their songs. I never even made it through watching the whole thing. :thumbsdown:

Annabel
01-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the help. :partytime: I've just realised that I have seen this dvd before (in CEX) but I passed on it as I wasn't sure about it. :)

sodascouts
01-19-2011, 01:51 AM
I got it through Netflix - nothing new. Talking heads who know less than we do.

Koala
01-19-2011, 02:31 AM
I have Eagles music in review too! I have seen it one time!As extra it was still a 72-sided book inside about all albums ,the best of all!

Troubadour
01-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Are the Eagles actually interviewed at all? Or just critics?

Koala
01-20-2011, 02:33 AM
It's just a review, no Eagles member interview on the dvd it gives a little picture gallery too.

TimothyBFan
01-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Last night on American Idol, one of the contestants sang Make You Feel My Love. Of course she introduced it as Make You Feel My Love by Bob Dylan but I immediately thought of a certain long haired bass player that did a wonderful version of it.

Prettymaid
01-21-2011, 09:09 AM
So...you're still watching, Willie?

TimothyBFan
01-21-2011, 09:11 AM
I did last night again. I don't know how long it will last tho. Larry wanted to see Steve do his thing also because he didn't get to see it Wednesday night. BTW--did I say how gorgeous Steve looked again last night? :hilarious:

Prettymaid
01-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Oh, I could go on forever about how gorgeous Steve looked - but I'd better take it to the proper thread. http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/5.gif

Freypower
01-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Last night on American Idol, one of the contestants sang Make You Feel My Love. Of course she introduced it as Make You Feel My Love by Bob Dylan but I immediately thought of a certain long haired bass player that did a wonderful version of it.

I heard Tim's version of the song yesterday while at my mother's place (I had the iPod plugged in & the song came up). Bryan Ferry's version is good too. It doesn't really rate that highly in terms of Dylan's best songs though (in my opinion).

Stars
01-22-2011, 10:34 AM
It's one of my favorite Dylan songs-I love the melody, and the lyrics are just lovely. Adele also does a beautiful version of the song.:thumbsup:

The_Girl_Of_Summer
01-22-2011, 11:51 PM
In my history of modern philosophy class the first day my professor was quoting philospohers and we had to try and figure out which one said it ans he quoted Thoreau.

sodascouts
01-22-2011, 11:57 PM
From the opposite end of that, I thought of Don when I incorporated Thoreau into one of my classes. lol

Annabel
01-24-2011, 02:14 PM
:laugh: That's dedication Soda. Dedication to Don. ;)

sodascouts
01-24-2011, 10:11 PM
One of the virtues of being a college English professor. You can assign whatever reading you like!

Glennsallnighter
01-26-2011, 01:44 PM
ABSOLUTELY Soda! You've worked long enough and hard enough to gain that priviledge!

Brooke
01-26-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm reading the book Long Time Gone by David Crosby and Joe tells a story about David teaching him how to sail. It's quite funny, as you can imagine!

David also thinks that the Chateau Marmont hotel must be the actual original "Hotel California" that the Eagles were singing about.

tequila girl
01-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Thanks Brooke...that's another for my list of 'to gets' :thumbsup:

Lisa
01-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Well, I guess now we know what people are talking about in school! Criticim, music, philosophy and Thoreau(?) That's quite a class for a college!

Prettymaid
01-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Yesterday I was watching a repeat episode of Designed To Sell on HGTV, where they take a house that is not selling and have a designer put $2000 into it to improve its chances of selling. The house was in Laurel Canyon and two separate times in the half hour they briefly discussed the history of Laurel Canyon with not one mention of Glenn or Don or even Jackson! They did mention The Doors, Frank Zappa and Houdini. :eyebrow:

sodascouts
01-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Notable by their absence there!

Troubadour
02-02-2011, 08:28 PM
I was just browsing a page of inspiring quotes and look what turned up in between Thoreau and Faulkner! Pretty cool.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/eaglesquote.jpg

GlennLover
02-02-2011, 08:42 PM
We have to give credit to Jack Tempchin & Eric Strandlund for that one. :unimpressed:

sodascouts
02-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Love those lines.

Prettymaid
02-03-2011, 11:33 AM
True poetry!

Last night while watching TV I saw a trailor for this new movie.

http://www.focusfeatures.com/the_eagle

Brooke
02-03-2011, 02:16 PM
One of my all time favorite lines from their songs. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
02-03-2011, 02:29 PM
I recently watched a movie called Centurion that was about the lost ninth legion. It was horrifically bloody and I couldn't enjoy it. I might try again with The Eagle - it looks a little more human (ironically)!

GlennLover
02-04-2011, 12:00 PM
One of my all time favorite lines from their songs. :thumbsup:

I've seen that trailor at least twice at the theatre & once on TV, but that never clicked in :laugh:!

Brooke
02-04-2011, 03:16 PM
I've seen that trailor at least twice at the theatre & once on TV, but that never clicked in :laugh:!

I was talking about this line:

I was just browsing a page of inspiring quotes and look what turned up in between Thoreau and Faulkner! Pretty cool.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/eaglesquote.jpg
:hilarious:

Freypower
02-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Apparently my beloved Liverpool FC introduced their two new players at Anfield with the DJ playing amongst other songs New Kid In Town!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8299713/Liverpool-2-Stoke-City-0-match-report.html

Luis Suarez then went on to score a goal in the win against Stoke City.

tequila girl
02-04-2011, 08:11 PM
FP are you originally from Liverpool?

Freypower
02-04-2011, 08:59 PM
FP are you originally from Liverpool?

No, I'm Australian, but I've always supported the team (I last visited the city in 1996).

Peekaboo
02-05-2011, 05:24 AM
Excellent find, Lou. :thumbsup: I've always really loved those lines from Already Gone.

I'm switching back and forth between The Border and FB right now and one of my friends just posted a pic of them self and the caption reads "Friday night in Royal Oak." I just got a double dose reminder with that one.

02-05-2011, 02:26 PM
"Friday night in Royal Oak." I just got a double dose reminder with that one.

:thumbsup: I love it when that happens!

I just got off the telephone with my niece and I asked her what she was going to do tonight and she said she was "just going to take it easy because she had a dose of life in the fast lane last night". All this was for my benefit, of course, so I could be reminded about how cool she really is. :lol:

GlennLover
02-05-2011, 02:37 PM
I am watching (half listening actually) a show on the DIY network entitled Man Cave. The guy thet they are creating a "man cave" for is a motorcycle enthusiast. They just broke for commercial before revealing the finished product to him by saying "we'll to show ?? what life in the fast lane is like.

Peekaboo
02-08-2011, 09:11 AM
I nearly forgot about this. I couple of weeks ago i had to attend a mandatory meeting for work and during this meeting they showed a short video about the upcoming additions to all of the casino's that are run by the Chickasaw tribe. Winstar World Casino, where Don did a concert in May 2009, is one of the tribes many gaming facilities. I was very sick on this day and was often dozing off during this meeting because I felt so horrible but I was briefly able to keep my eyes open during this video and for just a few seconds they showed a picture of Don when they were talking about all of the concerts they've had recently. I perked up a little after that but once the video was over I had to rest my eyes again.

This is the picture they showed on video.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Don%20Henley/DHenleyPS02.jpg

Annabel
02-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Good choice of picture to show. :nahnah: :thumbsup:

ticky
02-08-2011, 12:19 PM
I was very sick on this day and was often dozing off during this meeting because I felt so horrible but I was briefly able to keep my eyes open during this video and for just a few seconds they showed a picture of Don when they were talking about all of the concerts they've had recently. I perked up a little after that but once the video was over I had to rest my eyes again.

Okay, so Im thinkin if a "little" bit of Don can perk you up a little, total Don immersion might just be a cure for whatever ails you. I prescribe a few days of total Don immersion till you're feeling more yourself *G* AND Since Im also feeling poorly, a total Joe immersion is called for as well... and anyone else out there who is feeling bad, weak, poor, abused, or just blah, Pick an Eagle, or ALL of them and dive in head first!! *G*

TimothyBFan
02-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Pick an Eagle, or ALL of them and dive in head first!! *G*

Can I be arrested for that?:eyebrow:

Troubadour
02-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Hey! I'm sick, too! Why didn't the doctor suggest total Don immersion to me? I want YOU to be my doctor, Ticky.

EaglesKiwi
02-09-2011, 03:17 AM
Pick an Eagle, or ALL of them and dive in head first!! *G*

Sounds like mighty fine therapy to me!:grin:

02-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Hey I got a little bit of a tummy ache this morning - isn't sugar immersion good for that? :wink: :wink:

sodascouts
02-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Well dreamer, be careful. The more Sugar you have, the more calories you'll have to burn. The workouts could get pretty vigorous.

Troubadour
02-10-2011, 08:57 AM
:nod:

02-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Well dreamer, be careful. The more Sugar you have, the more calories you'll have to burn. The workouts could get pretty vigorous.

Well - I'll deal. Pour some sugar on me! :lol:

Stars
02-11-2011, 12:50 AM
I was working in the library tonight, and they had a singer come in and do some acoustic songs. Boy did my ears perk up when I heard him doing "Peaceful Easy Feeling", and it was a pretty good version!:) I was feeling kind of down about being at work, but hearing that song really cheered me up!:thumbsup: I have to say, that is one song I NEVER get tired of hearing!:yay:

Brooke
02-11-2011, 11:39 AM
That's cool, Stars! There ya go! The guys music always makes me feel better and PEF is an alltime favorite! Kudos to the musician! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
02-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Wow Stars, I wish I worked in a place that allowed singers to perform. Maybe I'll suggest it at the bank! :hilarious:

02-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Yeah PM - That would be totally awesome to have some live performances at my place of work too.

(Nevermind that I work from home. :wink: :wink: )

sodascouts
02-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Very cool!