PDA

View Full Version : Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

sodascouts
02-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Was listening to my iPod today and Warren Zevon's "French Inhaler" came on. I hadn't listened to that song closely in a long time, but when I'm listening to something in headphones the lyrics always sink in more. I did an aural double take when he sang "in this sleazy bedroom town." I wonder if that inspired Don's line from "Last Worthless Evening", even if a couple letters are different and the songs are over a decade apart?

Glennsallnighter
02-13-2011, 06:07 AM
Could be so Nancy I guess!

On Friday I was listening to the Sports News and they commented that Padraig Harrington, an Irish golfer was '7 off the lead in the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Am' Needless to say this reminded me of Glenn :heart: and also a few Borderers. What a PITY Glenn :heart: no longer plays this. It prompted me to read over the thread form 2008 where Nancy, Kay Molly and Kath went and had such a wonderful time!

Ive always been a dreamer
02-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Oh gosh, GA - you have reminded me how much I miss Pebble Beach. :sad: But, whenever I get sad about Glenn not playing it anymore, I just remind myself how lucky I am to have been able to go when I did. I just wish that more Borderers had been able to go with us though. I don't have time right now, but I'll have to read over the Pebble Beach threads and do a little reminiscing again soon. :smitten:

Mrs Frey
02-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Yes, Dreamer, that really was a wonderful time for all of you. I remember being :jealous: :wink:, but seriously, I was amazed at how personable Glenn :heart: was. His whole approach and demeanour was completely heartwarming. And I was so happy for all of you - what an amazing experience that will stay with you for the rest of your lives.

Annabel
02-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Earlier today I was watching the end of the film 'Working Girl' that I had recorded and there is a line where Alec Baldwin asks Melanie Griffiths 'how is life in the fast lane?' :smile:

TimothyBFan
02-21-2011, 01:47 PM
An email I just received from an Avon rep. Got my attention! :hilarious:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Capture-1.jpg

Prettymaid
02-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Alright, I'll bite...what do ducks and eagles have to do with Avon? :eyebrow:

TimothyBFan
02-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Not a thing-she's making a rather lame attempt at saying if you're a go getter (an eagle) you can be a good Avon rep. Not biting on it. I keep my Avon rep status for my personal discounts only.

Prettymaid
02-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Got it. :thumbsup: (It is sort of lame though)

The_Girl_Of_Summer
02-24-2011, 01:14 PM
In my history of Ethics class we were talking about the stoics (a group of philosophers) the handout talked about how we shoudn't let things get to us and he always uses quotes to kind of help us understand and for this one the paper said "In the words of the Eagles 'Take It Easy'"

GlennLover
02-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Cool teacher! :smile:

TimothyBFan
03-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Checked my email a bit ago and instantly was drawn to an email from a friend of mine that had "Subject: Eagles". I had to print the screen to show you what it said.

Good to know when friends are talking about music/Eagles, they are reminded of me. :hilarious:

I of course answered her, with an array of pictures from when I discovered him to present day. :thumbsup:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Capture-2.jpg

03-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Keep 'em straight, Willie - keep 'em straight! :wink:

sodascouts
03-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Good work, Willie!

Prettymaid
03-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Now Willie, I'm drawing a blank too - who's that Eagle you like so much? :nahnah:

AzEaglesFan
03-19-2011, 11:18 PM
I was reading a book and the woman in the story said she was "bopping" to the sound of "Witchy Woman".
I was working a cross word puzzle later and the clue was ____Eyes, song by the Eagles.

Prettymaid
03-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Did you figure it out AZ? ;)

AzEaglesFan
03-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Well, I did have to think about it, for a second or two.:thumbsup:

Stars
03-21-2011, 08:14 AM
My husband mentioned Los Lobos last night, and I thought of their version of "Hotel California", which featured in "The Big Lebowski". I always enjoyed hearing the song in Spanish, although I think parts were in English. I need to hear it again!:headbang:

cynd1231
03-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Stopped at Borders with my daughter, VOL...it's a ritual when we go out shopping together. We were browsing and both of us spotted it at the same moment...a book entitled "Heart of the Matter". Given that it's a trade paperback romance novel, I seriously doubt there is any mention of our boys but we couldn't resist buying it simply because of the title.

sodascouts
03-29-2011, 03:42 PM
I watched the old 80s movie About Last Night... (starring Rob Lowe and Demi Moore) over the weekend. Boy, that movie sucked. But as I watched the ending credits, I noticed that one of the songs for the movie was written by JD Souther and Danny Kortchmar!

Brooke
03-30-2011, 09:36 AM
In church Sunday our pastor mentioned that he loved Eagles. He said he had Eagles pictures and stuff everywhere in his home and thought they were a great symbol for our country. I don't think he was talking about our Eagles, but I was thinking about them! :blush:

03-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Hmmm - somehow I think you might be right about that Brooke. Too bad though cause if he had been talking about our guys, I bet he would have an interesting take on Hotel California! :lol:

And Soda - hope JD and Danny's song didn't suck as much as the movie.

tequila girl
04-17-2011, 03:39 AM
My nephew put on his FB page that Elliott (coming up for 3) and Matilda (15 months) had been "bopping" to Life in the Fast Lane! :grin:
Get 'em started young I say!! :headbang: :hilarious:

04-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Very wise advice, tg! :wink:

TimothyBFan
04-26-2011, 01:37 PM
The talk of some of the "Timothy moments" we've had reminded me of a saved voicemail I've had on my phone for almost a year now (really that long?) that 2 of my favorite Border Angels left for me of Timothy singing ICTYW. So I had to go in and listen to it and it gave me such a warm, fuzzy feeling!!! :love:
It also reminded me of several other phone calls I've had during concerts from Border Angels. I do believe I've heard ICTYW over the phone now more than I've heard it live on my own. :hilarious:

Molly
04-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Hubby just bought one of those picture frames that continuously show different photos, like a slideshow. He set it up on a table in our living room.

Last week, he added some more photos, including my Eagles concert pictures and Pebble Beach stuff.

I love glancing over and spotting one as it zips by on the frame. It's like a warm fuzzy little hug.

TimothyBFan
04-28-2011, 09:00 AM
Wasn't sure where to put this little story-hope this is fine.Got into a conversation last night with a newer friend that led to an Eagles conversation of interest.

Be patient with me while I give you some background first. For those who don't know, I live in Northern Indiana, just a little more than an hour away from Chicago. Just a couple miles from me, Oprah Winfrey used to own a house and a large piece of property that includes a helicopter landing pad, etc. She sold it about 6-7 years ago to a guy who is one of the richest guys in Chicago, who is a real estate tycoon (they call him the Donald Trump of Chicago). My new friend, I'll call him J, has an aunt who ran the household staff for Oprah, who I used to bowl with many, many years ago shortly after she took the job with Oprah. She actually used to take Oprah's sewing (yes, she had sewing) to my MIL who was a well known seamstress in our town. Anyways, when Oprah sold the house she was retained by the new owner for the same job and still works for him. That leads us to my story.

J & I were talking last evening, about upcoming concerts and he was complaining because his wife is dragging him to a Kenny Chesney/Uncle Kracker concert (he's a classic rock fan also) on the 11th or 12th of May. I was teasing him by telling him I would be seeing Eddie Money on the 12th and NOT a country concert. This led to a conversation about our favorite bands and when I proclaimed my long, everlasting love for the Eagles, he chimed up saying he had been to a private party years ago that they played at. :shock: Yeah, you guessed it, at the real estate tycoons. I guess this guy, shortly after moving in, would have these HUGE private parties once a month and usually had country stars come and play (which we so happen to run into one time when we were cruising by the place and saw all the action about 4-5 years ago--different story). When J's uncle found out that the Eagles would be playing, he called J up and asked if he'd like to come out for it. The employees were told they could have guest but that they had to "hang back" from the guest during the concert. In other words, the front of the stage was for the rich and famous out of Chicago that this guy had invited.

J said they put on about an hour and half show with the big hits and were fantastic. But after the show, he and his friend headed right to the open bar. :lol: Said, at one point, while standing at the bar, his friend felt someone walk up next to him so he turned around to see who it was and it was "that Henley guy" who looked at his friend and told him, and I quote, "I don't even want to know who you are!" :roll: Are you kidding me? Niiiiiice Don!! :ack: Anyways, I guess J's friend didn't miss a beat and told Don, "That's fine, because I wasn't going to introduce myself.". J told me he hated to tell me, in fact, said he wasn't going to tell me till I asked him several times "what?"--Said "they are some of the most talented guys out there but a couple of them ....." I'll let you figure out how he finished that sentence. I told him I wasn't shocked to hear it but it did disturb me a bit to actually hear it from someone who was a common Joe as I am myself, who has had that kind of contact with them.

He didn't have any contact with Timothy (darn it!!!!) but said Joe was really cool.

As for Oprah--she was really cool. It wasn't unusual to run into her in the local Kmart (believe it or not) or see her jogging down the road with her trainer, etc. One day, my daughter's dance troop was practicing for Regionals in the local park and a white stretch limo pulled up, and the back window went down and us mothers that were watching our girls saw it was her. She watched the girls and when they finished their dance, yelled out the window, "You GO GIRLS!!!". :hilarious: Waved, and then they drove away!! The girls went crazy!! :grin:

So there's my 6 degrees of separation story.

pueblo47
04-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Good story. At least DH doesn't mince words:-)so you know exactly how he feels about any given situation:yay:. I admire him for his tactfullness and restraint:heybaby:and can't understand why he inspires such dislike in so many Eagles fans:D.(Did I say that convincingly enough? ha ha ha jk)

Judy
04-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks for sharing Willie. I could just see Oprah doing that. It makes me sad when I hear stories about Don being a jerk. Too bad he doesn't act a little more like Timothy does with his fans.

sodascouts
04-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Ugh, I hate to hear stuff like that. Obviously Don was tired of people wanting to engage him in conversation and was attempting to cut the guy off at the pass, so to speak, and didn't realize how rude and arrogant he sounded.

Ah well, when I hear stuff like this, I just remind myself of all the times he's been cool to fans to balance it out. We all have our bad days, after all.

Brooke
04-28-2011, 04:33 PM
As with any celebrity, I'm sure Don gets tired of people constantly bugging him and maybe he just wasn't in the mood and it caught up with him. I bet it's hard to constantly 'be nice' to strangers.

pueblo47
04-28-2011, 04:47 PM
I'll be clearer so that no one will misunderstand what I meant by my earlier comment. I respect DH for not putting up a phony front when he's worn out from the concert and would like a little bit of privacy and no conversation with strangers, no matter how well meaning they may be. He's being honest in his feelings and shows his faults and human nature.

It's never been my nature to stare or ask for a pic or an autograph or try to make conversation with a celebrity. If they want to talk or look my way, fine. But other than them being a star, there's nothing I have in common with them.

And that's just me. Never mind that I back into a lamp post after seeing them or go the wrong way up a one-way street or forget my name for a while.:nod:

tequila girl
04-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Hehehe.... Judy I totally agree with you there........I would never approach a "celebrity" in an everyday situation - why would I? they are just trying to go about their lives as best they can - but like you i'd probably stare without being obvious and then turn and walk into a lamp post! :hilarious:

EaglesFanatic
04-28-2011, 07:24 PM
For one of my classes today we watched the beginning of the movie Defending Your Life. In the first scene, the main character is looking through a stack of booklets (I think that's what they were), and the very first booklet on the stack was the cover of Don Henley's End Of Innocence album! I turned to my friend and whispered very excitedly, "Don Henley!!" She wasn't as amused as I was :lol:

WalshFan88
04-28-2011, 08:35 PM
For one of my classes today we watched the beginning of the movie Defending Your Life. In the first scene, the main character is looking through a stack of booklets (I think that's what they were), and the very first booklet on the stack was the cover of Don Henley's End Of Innocence album! I turned to my friend and whispered very excitedly, "Don Henley!!" She wasn't as amused as I was :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

WalshFan88
04-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend's experience Willie. Hopefully it was just a bad day for Don...

TimothyBFan
04-29-2011, 08:25 AM
I no way, no how meant for anyone to think I am putting Don down--I was just telling a story that was told to me by someone who was there. I refuse to leave a part out simply because it may make him look bad in some eyes.

My main reason for posting this was to simply say....THE EAGLES WERE LESS THAN A COUPLE FREAKIN' MILES AWAY FROM MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I didn't even know it!!!!!!!!!!! :unimpressed:

Brooke
04-29-2011, 11:00 AM
LOL Willie! I know what you mean!

They might have even saw your house going to or from the party! And you might have been inside! :hilarious:

whitcap
05-01-2011, 11:17 PM
I bought Linda Ronstadt's Simple Dreams earlier today. I was looking through the CD booklet and saw that Don sang background vocals on Blue Bayou.

Brooke
05-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Last night we were watching Pawn Stars on tv. If you haven't seen it, it's about stuff being taken to a pawn shop and the haggling on prices. It can be pretty interesting and funny. One guys comment on asking for a certain price on an old gun was "you got no guts, you get no glory!" And, of course, I looked at hubby and said "that's from the Eagles song-Out of Control!"

He just looked at me and shook his head! :lol:

WF, I saw that one with Larry, too. He's so funny!

TimothyBFan
05-11-2011, 07:19 AM
Received an email from Amazon this morning and had to take a screen shot of it. WTH? "Are you looking for something in our Country department?" Excuse me? :hilarious:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Capture-4.jpg

Prettymaid
05-11-2011, 07:58 AM
:rofl:And we all know that Willie is not looking for anything country!

Brooke
05-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Too funny Willie! :hilarious:

sodascouts
05-12-2011, 01:15 AM
lol Willie!

Troubadour
05-13-2011, 05:53 PM
I love that! Too funny.

I walked into the office at work last week and I saw this written on the whiteboard. My colleague said that our assistant manager, Alan (the Eagles fan) had written it and he said it was from a song. Of course, I knew this! ;) He's a huge Joe freak.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/officequote.jpg

Prettymaid
05-13-2011, 06:12 PM
:rofl:Troub! I think he needs to join The Border or become an honorary member!

Troubadour
05-13-2011, 06:16 PM
I know! His ringtone is One Day At A Time!

Prettymaid
05-13-2011, 06:17 PM
I love it!

GlennLover
05-13-2011, 08:22 PM
I was passing a mean's clothing store the other day & the outfit that was on display near the front of the store looked just like this. Even the fabric of the suit was the same. It conjured up some very pleasant images!

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/1Cdn/Glenn-%202000/AlreadyGone4-1.jpg

Freypower
05-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Sigh. I have always wondered if that suit was made of silk. I wish he'd wear outfits like that again.:nahnah:

05-14-2011, 12:15 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/officequote.jpg

OMG - you gotta love that. Your co-worker definitely should be encouraged to check us out here, Lou. :grin:

And how cool that is about seeing a suit similar to Glenn's on display in that store, GL.

And now - I've got a little story too. I was talking to my friend on the phone and she made the statement "they will never forget you". Of course, I had to finish it off with "'til somebody new comes along". I have to confess that every time I hear someone say that, I immediately think of the entire line. I guess it's because it is one of my all time favorite lines of any song.

Prettymaid
05-14-2011, 02:39 PM
And now - I've got a little story too. I was talking to my friend on the phone and she made the statement "they will never forget you". Of course, I had to finish it off with "'til somebody new comes along". I have to confess that every time I hear someone say that, I immediately think of the entire line. I guess it's because it is one of my all time favorite lines of any song.

Wow Dreamer, nobody's ever said that to me. :-( :ack: :cry: ;)

Troubadour
05-14-2011, 03:46 PM
I'll never forget you, Cathy! :xoxo:

05-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Wow Dreamer, nobody's ever said that to me. :-( :ack: :cry: ;)

Well don't be too upset , PM. I can assure you that 99.99% of the time I hear someone say that, they're not talking about me. :wink:

Freypower
05-16-2011, 08:13 PM
I have something but it will mean nothing to anyone else. At the funeral of indigenous boxing champion Lionel Rose yesterday his goddaughter sang Desperado.

rcknalwys
05-17-2011, 08:24 PM
I just got a different phone and the wall paper looks suspiciously like the sand dunes from LROOE!

Troubadour
05-18-2011, 04:16 PM
I came across this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LARGE-KEYRING-ONE-DAY-TIME-SERENITY-PRAYER-/310309337300?pt=UK_Collectables_ReligionSpirituali ty_EH&hash=item483fe0b8d4) keyring on eBay. Of course, it's a lovely verse, but I couldn't help thinking of Joe, too!

Prettymaid
05-24-2011, 04:55 PM
I'll never forget you, Cathy! :xoxo:

:blush: Awwww!

Part of the reason I've not been on here as much lately is that this past weekend (Fri - Sat) we had a rummage sale at my parent's house. I spent all last week dusting, pricing and boxing things after work. Thursday night Hubby and I took both the car and the truck full of stuff over and even had to make a second trip!

Anyway, one of the items I was selling was an old double cassette tape karaoke machine. One of the cassettes I had bought when I got the machine years ago was an Eagles tape. I decided to plug it in and turn it on to possibly get a buyer, but during a time while nobody was there except for my mom and my aunt I karaoked to Already Gone. They didn't know the song (they're 76 and 78 years old) but they got a kick out hearing the ooh-ooh-ooh my-my parts!

BTW, anyone want to buy a karaoke machine? :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
05-25-2011, 07:13 AM
Ok Cathy---we seriously should have had that Karaoke machine & Eagles tape last summer when you, hubby and Nancy came over. You, Nancy & I could of entertained the whole neighborhood!! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
05-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Then the cops would have come for sure! :hilarious:

EaglesFanatic
06-01-2011, 06:27 PM
I was doing a chemistry lab, and the label on the Magnesium Chloride said "Frey Scientific"!

Brooke
06-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Listening to the satellite radio on a road trip this weekend a dj asked if any listener knew what color the champagne was in the Eagles song Hotel California. I thought "I know, I know!" I never did hear anyone answer the question and I didn't catch the phone number to call! :rolleyes:

Later on driving through a small town in sw Missouri, I saw a big sign on the side of a brick building: "Common Ground Restaurant". Of course, I thought of Glenn!

Judy
06-15-2011, 12:31 AM
June 20th People Magazine crossword puzzle

Clue to DOWN 30:

"It's a girl, my lord, in a _______ Ford..."

Brooke
06-15-2011, 09:20 AM
:cool: Did you get it right, Judy? lol

sodascouts
06-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Now that's my kind of crossword puzzle!

luvthelighthouse
06-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Is it wrong that I want to stop what I'm doing and put together an Eagles crossword puzzle now? :hilarious:

sodascouts
06-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Oh my gosh, Ev, I had the same thought!

TimothyBFan
06-15-2011, 11:47 AM
That would be very cool of BOTH of you to share with us non-talent kind of people!! And a word search.... and.... :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
06-15-2011, 12:52 PM
I tried my hand at a word search. Hope this works.

http://www.armoredpenguin.com/wordsearch/Data/2011.06/1509/15094807.016.html

Brooke
06-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Love it Willie! :thumbsup:

Annabel
06-15-2011, 02:08 PM
:thumbsup: Great work Willie. :applause::applause: Off to have a go at it. :D

Judy
06-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks Willie! I've printed it, but don't know when I'll get to do it.

whitcap
06-15-2011, 03:19 PM
I made a crossword puzzle :)

http://www.armoredpenguin.com/crossword/Data/2011.06/1512/15121519.026.html

Annabel
06-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks Willie! I've printed it, but don't know when I'll get to do it.

Have decided to save mine for Friday as I think the forecast is telling me it's going to be too wet to go out to deliver then. :stunned: People don't like soggy newspapers, even when it's a freebie. :eyebrow:

Thanks for the Crossword WC. :thumbsup: Printed that one too.

sodascouts
06-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Love the games - thanks, Willie and whitcap!

Judy
06-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Awesome! Thanks whitcap!

luvthelighthouse
06-15-2011, 05:11 PM
I have to print both and work on them later. Very cool!

EaglesKiwi
06-16-2011, 05:37 AM

And I've just finished your crossword puzzle! :thumbsup: (okay, I admit I had to look a couple of them up!)

Thanks Whitcap!

TimothyBFan
06-16-2011, 07:02 AM
You're welcome. WC- will get to yours soon also I hope.

Brooke
06-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Wc, love your puzzle too! I will be trying it out, too! :thumbsup:

Koala
06-16-2011, 11:55 AM

Very Cool!

EasyFeeling
06-16-2011, 01:59 PM
A lot of things reminded me of the Eagles lately. You know I'm on Steve Lukather's facebook page where he talks to people and answers all their questions. He talks alot about Don, Timothy and Joe. Not about Glenn so far. He said he worked with all the boys on their solo albums. He played the guitar on Dirty Laundry, Timothy did the background vocals on Toto IV, you can clearly hear him on the chorus of "I Won't Hold You Back for example. And he said Timothy hates when someone calls him Timmy LOL Joe plays one of his guitars, the "Luke" model and he's Steve's childhood hero. There's alot of connections between the Eagles and Toto. They are really good friends. Don called him when they were on tour in Japan. I always smile when Steve talks about them :)

Freypower
06-16-2011, 06:59 PM
A lot of things reminded me of the Eagles lately. You know I'm on Steve Lukather's facebook page where he talks to people and answers all their questions. He talks alot about Don, Timothy and Joe. Not about Glenn so far. He said he worked with all the boys on their solo albums. He played the guitar on Dirty Laundry, Timothy did the background vocals on Toto IV, you can clearly hear him on the chorus of "I Won't Hold You Back for example. And he said Timothy hates when someone calls him Timmy LOL Joe plays one of his guitars, the "Luke" model and he's Steve's childhood hero. There's alot of connections between the Eagles and Toto. They are really good friends. Don called him when they were on tour in Japan. I always smile when Steve talks about them :)

He's never worked with Glenn as far as I know, so he can hardly talk about Glenn.

I have always wondered what Tim thought of 'Timmy' and I'm glad he doesn't like being called it, because I don't like it either :thumbsup:

sodascouts
06-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Very cool that he mentions Don, Tim, and Joe though! Plus, now we know that if we ever see Timothy, we should NOT address him as "Timmy." ;)

Troubadour
06-26-2011, 04:19 PM
This is the main country road near me. I went for a walk this evening and had to take a picture. I always get a smile out of it. :mrgreen: :heart:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/lovedonlane.png

tequila girl
06-26-2011, 04:38 PM
How cool is that? :thumbsup: :) :hilarious:

06-26-2011, 11:52 PM
VERY!!! :thumbsup:

Koala
06-27-2011, 12:36 AM
How Cool!:thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
06-27-2011, 07:37 AM
That is so cool!! I'd be tempted to steal that one. :hilarious:

sodascouts
06-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Love it!

Glennsallnighter
06-29-2011, 03:52 AM
This is the main country road near me. I went for a walk this evening and had to take a picture. I always get a smile out of it. :mrgreen: :heart:

Awww! Love it Lou!:)

Glennsallnighter
07-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Today while we were out driving I noticed a row of houses called GLENN TERRACE. Then realised it was located opposite a pub called 'The Eagle!'

Koala
07-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Today while we were out driving I noticed a row of houses called GLENN TERRACE. Then realised it was located opposite a pub called 'The Eagle!'
Very nice!:thumbsup:

GlennLover
07-05-2011, 02:45 PM

That's neat! Isn't it weird how many instances of this type of thing pop up!

Troubadour
07-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Very cool, Lis - I bet that brightened your day!

EagleLady
07-13-2011, 08:48 PM
I picked up the August issue of Guitar World today. It listed the 100 greatest Classic Rock songs, Hotel California was No.6 and Life in the Fast Lane was No. 48 :thumbsup:

07-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the info, EL! Although, I guess it's no surprise that I would rank Hotel California higher - if not #1 ... at least in the top 3.

WalshFan88
07-14-2011, 03:59 AM
I got that too (in fact I think I posted it in the Press thread). I definitely would put Hotel California at #1.

TimothyBFan
07-14-2011, 08:22 AM
We all need to count how many times, every summer, the weather men say "the heat is on" and reminds us of Glenn!! :hilarious: I heard it again this morning.

WalshFan88
07-14-2011, 09:42 AM
We all need to count how many times, every summer, the weather men say "the heat is on" and reminds us of Glenn!! :hilarious: I heard it again this morning.

Thanks to you I had to go play that song on YouTube... Funny thing was is that Beverly Hills Cop was on yesterday and I heard it on that too! :hilarious:

sodascouts
07-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Not to mention all the Google alerts I get that say something to the effect of, "It's 100+ degrees! In the words of Glenn Frey... the heat is on!" lol

Peekaboo
07-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Well, I don't really blame the weather guys for quoting Glenn because it is hot as hell outside.

Also, I've been hearing that song played a lot a work lately. Last week I heard it twice in one day. :)

I wanna live on LOVEDON LANE!!! :) :heart:

Troubadour
07-16-2011, 04:02 AM
Come and live here! We can flat-share! :thumbsup:

I saw a sign on a roundabout yesterday for Henley's Plumbing Company. (A little sideline always helps I suppose...)

Judy
07-16-2011, 01:47 PM
I saw a sign on a roundabout yesterday for Henley's Plumbing Company.

Totally dirty thoughts here. I think I might be channeling Troubadour's last dream.

07-16-2011, 03:09 PM

And that doesn't even count the number of times the song is played at sporting events. I guess you could say the song kinda 'caught on'. As Glenn has said many times at his solo shows, the song has put a lot of red wine in his wine cellar! :partytime:

Troubadour
07-17-2011, 10:48 AM
One of my friends put an announcement on FB earlier saying "Congrats to my friends, Emily Someone-Or-Other and Robert Eagles on their engagement!" Emily Eagles will be such an awesome name. :lol:

tequila girl
07-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Hehehe Lou, years ago I knew a guy called Dennis Eagle........I never even made the connection til reading your post just now! :brickwall: :blush: :brickwall: :blush:

Troubadour
07-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Okay, hands up - who fancies some Eagle nuts? ;)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/eaglenuts.png

This pic is courtesy of Lisa (Glennsallnighter) who is on holiday in Portugal at the moment. She says hi!

tequila girl
07-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Mmmmmmm Yes please......

Henley Honey
07-20-2011, 06:25 PM
A tasty snack for sure!

sodascouts
07-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Something vulgar occurred to me but I won't say it, lol.

Hope Lisa is having a great time!

I was watching an episode of Star Trek where McCoy tells Kirk he's acting like a "little tin god." Of course I immediately thought of Don!

tequila girl
07-21-2011, 05:10 AM

Thats probably what I was thinking when I said "Mmmmmmmm Yes Please" :wink: :blush: :hilarious:

EaglesKiwi
07-21-2011, 05:23 AM
Thats probably what I was thinking when I said "Mmmmmmmm Yes Please" :wink: :blush: :hilarious:
Yep, me too! :nahnah:

TimothyBFan
07-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Okay, hands up - who fancies some Eagle nuts? ;)

http://bestsmileys.com/waving/4.gif Do I get to pick out which ones I want?

Henley Honey
07-21-2011, 09:09 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/waving/4.gif Do I get to pick out which ones I want?

No! Just take a handful and leave the rest for us!!

whitcap
07-21-2011, 02:24 PM

My mind went there too :hilarious:

Brooke
07-21-2011, 04:06 PM
My mind went there too :hilarious:

Girls! :angel: lol

GlennLover
07-21-2011, 04:08 PM
So did mine :blush:!

TimothyBFan
07-22-2011, 08:25 AM
Gotta tell you all, I'd be pretty disappointed in all of you if your minds HADN'T gone there!!! :hilarious:

WalshFan88
07-22-2011, 10:21 AM
:shock::shock::shock:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

GlennLover
07-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Gotta tell you all, I'd be pretty disappointed in all of you if your minds HADN'T gone there!!! :hilarious:

Well, we would never want to disappoint you, Willie! :laugh:

07-23-2011, 01:46 PM

I'm with you too, Willie!!! :thumbsup:

EaglesFanatic
08-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Yesterday I saw a street named Eagles Glen. I thought that was pretty cool :lol:

Brooke
08-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Just cracked open Stephen Tyler's new book Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? and in the very first paragraph he says "the first thing we have to do is KILL ALL THE LAWYERS."

Of course this reminded me of Don and Get Over It! :lol:

I can tell it's going to be a great read!

Freypower
08-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Remember that line originally comes from Shakespeare's Henry VI Part 3.

I was watching an old episode of Bargain Hunt & one of the items up for auction was a rowing seat from Henley RC (Henley-on-Thames Rowing Club) so you could sit on that particular word.

08-09-2011, 07:29 PM
I just heard that Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore threw a party for the cast and crew after Ashton's first day on the set of Two and a Half Men where he is replacing the ousted Charlie Sheen. The party was held at the Troubadour! You get my point? :wink: :grin:

Brooke
08-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Ha! I'm liking Ashton already! :thumbsup:

Fp, just from reading a little bit of Stephen's book, I'm betting he knew where that line originally came from.

sodascouts
08-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Here's something crazy!

I was getting my hair trimmed yesterday and mentioned to the stylist that I was going to see a Glenn Frey show in Niagara Falls in a few days.

Well, he tells me that he saw Timothy B. Schmit at the Costco a few miles from where I live when the Eagles played Memphis a few years ago and... even more mind-blowingly... that he saw Glenn Frey coming out of a GNC a few years ago right around the corner from where I live!!!! Now, he couldn't have known I live so close to that GNC. I have to admit I freaked out a little, lol.

Was he making it up? I don't know, but if he wasn't - what cool coincidences!

Freypower
08-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Forgive me Soda, but what does GNC stand for?

Henley Honey
08-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Its a heath and wellness / vitamin / supplement store.
Something like General Nutrition Center ?

sodascouts
08-18-2011, 08:28 PM
That's right. Here's its website: http://www.gnc.com/home/index.jsp

Prettymaid
08-18-2011, 08:41 PM
What's next? Joe shopping the Dollar General? :hilarious:

sodascouts
08-18-2011, 09:00 PM
That story would have actually been a lot more likely - Joe hung out in Memphis back in the late 80s/early 90s when he wasn't doing so well. The cover of Got Any Gum is a photo of the Memphian!

The stylist might've been pulling my leg, but if so, he certainly has a flair for storytelling. lol

Prettymaid
08-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Oh, I'd definitely go back!

TimothyBFan
08-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Time to get a Costco membership!!!!! :hilarious:

Windeagle
08-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Walking down the boardwalk at the beach this morning, my daughter noticed a shop called "Shady Characters Sunglasses". I started singing "there's lots of shady characters, lots of dirty deals..." and my family all took two steps away from me.

Brooke
08-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Lol We!

Koala
08-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Lol!

Koala
09-19-2011, 12:44 PM
I've just played a quiz on my Ipod. One of the questions was:

Who is a former member of Genesis?
1) Glenn Frey
2) Peter Gabriel
3) Neil Young

:mrgreen:

Freypower
09-19-2011, 05:32 PM
I've just played a quiz on my Ipod. One of the questions was:

Who is a former member of Genesis?
1) Glenn Frey
2) Peter Gabriel
3) Neil Young

:mrgreen:

You would have liked that, I believe. :hilarious: All I can say is I think Glenn could sing Follow You, Follow Me or even something like Throwing It All Away or Misunderstanding. All of which, of course, were sung by Phil Collins.

Koala
09-20-2011, 12:30 AM
You would have liked that, I believe. :hilarious:

Yes!:partytime:

All I can say is I think Glenn could sing Follow You, Follow Me or even something like Throwing It All Away or Misunderstanding. All of which, of course, were sung by Phil Collins.
Follow You, Follow Me is one of my favorite songs, it would be very interesting to hear this song by Glenn, just like the other songs you mentioned!

luvthelighthouse
09-22-2011, 09:57 AM
I was listening to the radio and they were talking about REM breaking up. Then they went on to talk about bands that people have no idea if they are together or broken up. So they played a game... first they would play a snippet of a song, then the caller had to say it that band was together or broken up.

They played a snippet of Hotel California (shocking song to pick, I know). The caller said, "they've broken up so many times and gotton back together. I'll say broken up". The DJ said, "well, they never really broke up, but they are together"

I'm sure nobody would be surprised to hear the next song they played a snippet of was Stairway to Heaven. :hilarious:

Brooke
09-22-2011, 10:49 AM
I was in the doctor's office (dermatologist) day before yesterday and I wore my Eagles LROOE t shirt. The nurse noticed it and commented that she loved the Eagles too and also Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac. I asked her if she had been to any concerts and she said yes, several. Then she said her sister worked at Capitol Records in LA and that she had gotten her a cd autographed by Don Henley. I had to tell her I had gotten to meet him and get an autograph a few years ago and she thought that was cool. The doctor came in the room (very young guy) and hearing our conversation, asked how many of the originals were still with them. Of course I had to tell him! He said he wished they could pipe in some music to the rooms and they would play Eagles music for me as I waited! :thumbsup:

luvthelighthouse
09-22-2011, 03:02 PM
I totally would have broken into the lines ups of the band and the Dr would have wished he hadn't asked!:hilarious:

Freypower
09-22-2011, 06:38 PM
I was listening to the radio and they were talking about REM breaking up. Then they went on to talk about bands that people have no idea if they are together or broken up. So they played a game... first they would play a snippet of a song, then the caller had to say it that band was together or broken up.

They played a snippet of Hotel California (shocking song to pick, I know). The caller said, "they've broken up so many times and gotton back together. I'll say broken up". The DJ said, "well, they never really broke up, but they are together"

I'm sure nobody would be surprised to hear the next song they played a snippet of was Stairway to Heaven. :hilarious:

Well, that is wrong. They did break up. ONCE. And they reformed. ONCE. (that is despite all the 'broke up, got back together' stuff in FNY in the Millennium Show).

I hope nobody is under the impression that Dire Straits reformed. They never have. The Zeppelin reformation was only for one show.

Brooke
09-22-2011, 07:08 PM
I totally would have broken into the lines ups of the band and the Dr would have wished he hadn't asked!:hilarious:

Yeah, I had to restrain myself and left it at that! :lol:

luvthelighthouse
09-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Well, that is wrong.

Trust me, I had to keep from calling the station to correct them. I figured, they really wouldn't care anyway!

Prettymaid
09-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I had to restrain myself and left it at that! :lol:

Yeah, at a certain point you start seeing that deer in the headlights look. :rolleyes:

TimothyBFan
09-26-2011, 09:07 AM
My daughter was reminded of the Eagles the other night. She & some friends went to the local pizza joint which now has a bar above it and had a live band. She texted me to tell me that they could hear the band in the pizza parlor and they were playing Tequila Sunrise. :thumbsup:

Tori
09-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Today in chemistry class, we were just finishing up a math problem as a class, and my teacher said "Are you with me so far?" I just smiled and then got Life In The Fast Lane stuck in my head for the rest of the class period. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
09-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Love it!

I was watching the comedy Reno 911 on Netflix and the perp was having a hard time understanding the cops who were asking for his "John Hancock." The guy repeated what sounded like "You want my Don Henley?" I immediately perked up and rewound, but - sadly - he was saying "John Henry." lol

Peekaboo
09-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Sounds like an honest mistake to me, Soda. I often think I hear Eagles related stuff but it always happens that I just misheard what was said. I guess I have Eagles on the brain more than I realize.

My brother told me that he let his daughter choose what to wear for school a few weeks ago (Natalie is 7 and in the second grade) and when she came out of her room she had on the Hotel California t-shirt I got her for Christmas last year. I was so proud of her when he told me that. :)

This one's a bit of a stretch but it was enough to give me a little reminder of Don from one of the Eagles concerts over the summer. It's a magnet.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/IMG_20110913_160720.jpg

This is the pic I was seeing in my head when I saw the magnet...
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/eagles06.jpg

GlennLover
09-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Neat, Jess!

I was watching a show a couple of days ago & the character said "What a nice surprise". Of course in my brain I automatically heard "Bring your alibis". LOL!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Not sure this counts, since it was about the Eagles, but this morning when I looked at my inbox there was an email from Amazon. The subject line didn't include the usual 'now available' or 'top picks'. It merely said 'Hell Freezes Over'. I can't imagine what someone who wasn't familiar with it would think, getting that email!

Freypower
09-30-2011, 09:28 AM
It's very rare I can contribute here but walking back home from my mother's place at 11.00 pm I saw a car licence plate which read 'WEEDZ'. How long was he waiting before he was granted the plate....

Tori
09-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Another Eagles mention in school today. In history, we had to describe how culture changed America. I said that classic rock changed America and my history teacher asked me to name some bands. I said the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, and then the Eagles. And then he proceeded to say, "I don't like Don Henley, though." Now, I'm a huge Don fan, so I said, "But he's my favorite!" And my teacher responded with, "He's a less cool version of Phil Collins. But in general, drummers who sing... I don't like them very much." I said again, "But Don Henley's my favorite! I love him!"
...So I guess my history teacher doesn't like Don. I think I died a little inside when he said that (:nahnah:)... but oh, well. Differing opinions and all. I still like him, though - he's a hilarious teacher. :P

Henley Honey
09-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Another Eagles mention in school today. In history, we had to describe how culture changed America. I said that classic rock changed America and my history teacher asked me to name some bands. I said the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, and then the Eagles. And then he proceeded to say, "I don't like Don Henley, though." Now, I'm a huge Don fan, so I said, "But he's my favorite!" And my teacher responded with, "He's a less cool version of Phil Collins. But in general, drummers who sing... I don't like them very much." I said again, "But Don Henley's my favorite! I love him!"
...So I guess my history teacher doesn't like Don. I think I died a little inside when he said that (:nahnah:)... but oh, well. Differing opinions and all. I still like him, though - he's a hilarious teacher. :P

First of all, Tori, your answer was brilliant. Music in general and rock music especially HAS changed American culture.
And don't take your history teacher's opinion of DH too seriously. He's entitled to his opinion -- even if he's wrong. :nahnah:
Ask yourself this: If he is so knowledgeable about music, how come he's teaching history??? :eyebrow:

Freypower
10-01-2011, 12:09 AM
That might be the first time that someone has ever been described as 'less cool' than poor unfashionable Phil. They are both very talented.

EaglesKiwi
10-01-2011, 03:40 AM
Tori, you could tell your teacher that amongst musicians, Don's probably provided some of the most intelligent and insightful commentary on both American culture and history in his song lyrics. :partytime: Be prepared to give examples, though! :hilarious:

10-01-2011, 11:30 AM
You did good in defending Don, Tori. I'll bet if you continue to educate your teacher, you can bring him around. I'll be he would appreciate the passion that Don brings to his music and his profession. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
10-01-2011, 12:25 PM
That's one teacher that needs to be educated further about a certain singing drummer! ;)

Tori
10-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Definitely! I'm thinking of walking into class on Monday listening to Boys of Summer on full blast on my iPod. :P

whitcap
10-14-2011, 09:27 PM
I was playing a classic rock trivia game and got two Eagles questions in a row. The first question was "Who replaced Randy Meisner in both the Eagles and Poco?" and the next question was "Which member of the Eagles sang Take It to the Limit?"

10-14-2011, 09:31 PM
So I bet you got both of them wrong, huh wc! :lol:

Glennsallnighter
10-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Ask yourself this: If he is so knowledgeable about music, how come he's teaching history??? :eyebrow:

Well how come I'm teaching Maths then? :wink:

Though I will admit Music was my second preference for college. Actually it was my first, but at the time it was so hard to get a job with a music degree we (my family and I) felt it would be better to study science and keep music as a hobby!

I love your answer Tori and your defence of Don! Even if we don't agree with them, teachers love to see spirited students, able to defend their corner. That's the variety that makes up the world!

Glennsallnighter
10-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Laura is doing a project on Volcanoes. She was looming up information on the Internet (so much easier than the library trips we used have to make). Anyway, one of the explanations for a volcano started 'volcanoes result from a hole in the earth.....' etc. Of course we both immediately started singing 'HITW'

EaglesKiwi
10-22-2011, 04:17 AM
Laura is doing a project on Volcanoes. She was looming up information on the Internet (so much easier than the library trips we used have to make). Anyway, one of the explanations for a volcano started 'volcanoes result from a hole in the earth.....' etc. Of course we both immediately started singing 'HITW'
Very cute!

TimothyBFan
10-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Apparently I'm not the only one in the family that is reminded of the Eagles at times. Yesterday morning was a gorgeous day and Larry planned on taking care of the leaves, etc. As he walked out the door he winked and told me he had to "pick up the dog doo, hope that it's hard". :hilarious:

10-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Willie - kudos to you! You sure are getting your family well-trained! :thumbsup:

Brooke
10-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Woke up this morning to Glenn singing Heartache Tonight! I had to snuggle under the covers till it was over! :spin:

Troubadour
10-27-2011, 11:05 AM
I was watching Grey's Anatomy the other night and "It Don't Matter To The Sun" started playing. It wasn't Don, obviously, but it reminded me of him.

Tori
10-27-2011, 12:51 PM
There used to be a Halloween Express store by my house that always played Witchy Woman. I'd go there with my friends and look at ridiculous costumes, and then the song would start to play and I'd start singing it in the aisles. Sadly, there's a Gold's Gym in the building where it used to be. :ack:

Freypower
11-08-2011, 04:37 PM
I finally have an Eagles anecdote about Rosalind.

When I came upstairs to bed last night she was on this computer & had a big smile on her face. It was obvious that she was listening to a song. Normally I leave her to it as she doesn't like to share but in this case I had to see - she had Busy Being Fabulous playing. I knew she liked it but I asked why & she said it reminded her of her previous school where people were so busy having a good time they forgot about more important things. I already knew she liked Heartache Tonight but she also said she likes the title track of LROOE so I must have trained her right (normally she listens to stuff like Linkin Park).

Troubadour
11-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Aw, that's sweet, Julie! I love the reason that Rosalind gave for liking it - she definitely listened to the lyrics and understood the meaning of the song. :)

TimothyBFan
11-09-2011, 09:20 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking also, Troub! Good job Julie!

Prettymaid
11-09-2011, 09:22 AM
You must be so proud!

Brooke
11-09-2011, 11:15 AM
See, your influence is rubbing off on her! :thumbsup:

tequila girl
11-09-2011, 07:16 PM
I belong to a boating forum and everytime I log on there I see this:

Hell Freezes Over (http://www.the-norfolk-broads.co.uk/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=38&Topic=25881)
Page: 1 (http://www.the-norfolk-broads.co.uk/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=38&Topic=25881&srow=1&erow=10) 2 (http://www.the-norfolk-broads.co.uk/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=38&Topic=25881&srow=11&erow=20) 3 (http://www.the-norfolk-broads.co.uk/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=38&Topic=25881&srow=21&erow=30) 4 (http://www.the-norfolk-broads.co.uk/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=38&Topic=25881&srow=31&erow=40) Broads Boat Owners Q & A (http://www.the-norfolk-broads.co.uk/viewtopics.cfm?Forum=38)JonS1959159331Nov-9-11 @ 9:07 PM By BroadAmbition

eta. before you all go rushing to have a look it's nothing to do with our boys.........just about water temperatures and winterising boats - BORING!!

Prettymaid
11-09-2011, 07:55 PM
What a let down TG! By the way, I've missed you here!

Freypower
11-09-2011, 09:52 PM
I just heard Hotel California on the car radio.

Glennsallnighter
12-08-2011, 08:17 AM
A pop up from 'Starlounge' on my computer had an article of 'Top Ten Hot Romances between Celebrities and Their Back Up Dancers'. You can only GUESS who that reminded me of. Although Glenn :heart and Cindy didn't feature. Pity, coz they'ce stayed together for over 20 years unlike some of the other couples stated in the article.

Tori
12-18-2011, 05:57 PM
I was at a Christmas party last night with the cast and crew of the musical our school just did. They had a bunch of album covers on the wall in the basement, and Joe's "But Seriously Folks..." was on there.

12-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Well they must be some pretty cool folks at your school, Tori. And kudos to you for noticing!!! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
12-19-2011, 01:40 AM
I currently have my December Eagles wallpaper (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/WPDecember2011C.jpg) on my laptop as I visit my parents. My father saw the wallpaper and asked who the people in the photo were. (Even though I've told my parents before many times about the Eagles, they have a hard time remembering who the group is since they never listened to popular music in the 70s.) I answered that it was the music group called the Eagles that I like... I don't bother reminding them about my sites anymore, lol.

My father joked, "But none of them has a Don Eagle haircut!" I had no idea what he was talking about. Surely he couldn't be referring to Don Henley's old curly white man's 'fro! Still, I asked, "Do you mean a big curly haircut like Don Henley used to have, Dad?" He looked confused at that and said, "No, a Don Eagle - when the hair is shaved on both sides but not in the middle... Like the wrestler." At my blank look, Dad told me that in the fifties, there was a professional wrestler named Don Eagle who had a mohawk. So, back then, a mohawk was known as a "Don Eagle haircut."

I thought that was a funny coincidence! I told my dad that actually, there were not one but two Don Eagles in that photo! :lol:

For the curious...

Wikipedia article on wrestler Don Eagle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Eagle)

TimothyBFan
12-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Tho I'm not a drinker, I was compelled to buy this bottle of wine today. Kinda says it all I thought.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/EaglesRock.jpg

Henley Honey
12-23-2011, 08:31 PM
I currently have my December Eagles wallpaper (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/WPDecember2011C.jpg) on my laptop as I visit my parents. My father saw the wallpaper and asked who the people in the photo were. (Even though I've told my parents before many times about the Eagles, they have a hard time remembering who the group is since they never listened to popular music in the 70s.) I answered that it was the music group called the Eagles that I like... I don't bother reminding them about my sites anymore, lol.

Gotta love those parents. No matter what they don't understand -- they're always on your side. They're freakin clueless -- but they're on your side.

Maleah
12-31-2011, 11:48 PM
We just hired a new employee by the name of Don. Not sure why that makes me think of the Eagles. :hmm: ;)

01-01-2012, 02:10 PM
OMG - Maleah. Please be careful about what you demand from Don! :lol:

UK TimFan
01-03-2012, 02:03 PM
LOL at this. :rofl:

http://www.adoptapet.com/pet6652328.html

Prettymaid
01-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if they name all of their adoptees after rock stars! :lol:

sodascouts
01-05-2012, 05:18 PM
LOL! There's gotta be an Eagles fan out there also in need of a cat who'll snap him up! ;)

I've had a few moments that reminded me of the Eagles lately. Not sure if I've posted this before, but my niece's favorite show is Dinosaur Train - she's 5 and is completely into it. We watched it together when I visited my sister's family in Austin at New Year's, which has become a tradition for me in the past few years. The cartoon has a character named "Don Pteranodon" that inevitably reminded me of a certain Eagle (not that I'm calling the Eagles dinosaurs - it's just the name)!

Also, last night, I was watching a special on Star Trek: The Next Generation's final episode, filmed in 1994. They showed a segment with Marina Sirtis, the actress who plays Counselor Troi, "guest-directing" the Burbank orchestra as they played the theme song. The camera panned the orchestra and who should I see but the same bearded, heavy-set first-chair cellist Don scowls at in the backstage footage for Hell Freezes Over! Lucky for him, he fared better in this piece, getting a big smile from Ms. Sirtis. ;)

Windeagle
01-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Also, last night, I was watching a special on Star Trek: The Next Generation's final episode, filmed in 1994. They showed a segment with Marina Sirtis, the actress who plays Counselour Troi, "guest-directing" the Burbank orchestra as they played the theme song. The camera panned the orchestra and who should I see but the same bearded, heavy-set first-chair cellist Don scowls at in the backstage footage for Hell Freezes Over! Lucky for him, he fared better in this piece, getting a big smile from Ms. Sirtis. ;)

Wow. So many things happened in my life in that one week between April 21 and April 28, 1994. My daughter was born, Nixon died, Star Trek:TNG (my husband's favorite show) ended, and the Eagles filmed Hell Freezes Over (even though I didn't know about it at the time). It's like all the stars lined up or something!

Maleah
01-07-2012, 03:07 AM
OMG - Maleah. Please be careful about what you demand from Don! :lol:

Well......I met him for the first time today. *sigh* It was like a giant splash of cold water. I don't think of Eagles any more. I was so hoping he'd saunter in with a 'fro and stubble/beard. Alas.......let's just say he didn't. LOL

EaglesKiwi
01-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Well......I met him for the first time today. *sigh* It was like a giant splash of cold water. I don't think of Eagles any more. I was so hoping he'd saunter in with a 'fro and stubble/beard. Alas.......let's just say he didn't. LOL
Probably just as well Maleah. Besides, you can still sigh over the real thing! ;-)

sodascouts
01-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Glad to hear there's no chance of inappropriate behavior at work. ;)

Maleah
01-07-2012, 08:45 PM
LOL! Definitely no chance of that! I will be behaving myself! lol But yes.....I'll keep sighing over the real thing. ;)

EaglesKiwi
01-08-2012, 04:53 AM
LOL! Definitely no chance of that! I will be behaving myself! lol But yes.....I'll keep sighing over the real thing. ;)
You and me both... :lol:

01-10-2012, 03:44 PM
I don't watch TV very much, but last night I had it on to watch a movie. I was scanning the channels to get to the one I wanted and I caught a segment for American Idol on some show. It was talking about Steven Tyler returning as a judge for next season. In one of the clips, Steven told the "Dead Sea" joke. Of course, I exclaimed "Oh no - he stole Glenn's joke!" :lol:

Glennsallnighter
01-10-2012, 06:28 PM
He definitely stole Glenn :heart:s joke Dreamer!

I was in the shopping centre car park on Saturday with Laura and we spotted a SUV with the number plate JOE 961 W.

TimothyBFan
01-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Started a new book last night called Unplugged (A Portrait Of A Rock Star). It's a fictional story about a rock star who had quit performing after his wife was killed in a automobile accident. His family and friends are trying to get him to start again. In a conversation with his father, his father's trying to make a point that he's not to old to rock n roll, his father says, "You may be nearing your forties, but look at all the old-timers up there kicking the young bands' *sses. Bon Jovi's still rocking and still on top man. Springsteen, The Eagles, they're all still strutting their stuff and producing the best music of their careers."

VAisForEagleLovers
01-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Too cool!

01-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Wise father in that book, TBF - even if he is fictional! ;-) Sounds interesting so I hope you'll keep us posted about whether or not the book is worth reading.

Tori
01-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Today I was checking my Tumblr (it's a kind of blogging website) and I was scrolling through posts tagged with "The Eagles". Someone had posted a picture of Glenn, and they had also tagged it with Glenn's name. Except it wasn't actually Glenn's name. It was... wait for it... Greg Fey. Seriously. They spelled Glenn Frey's name as Greg Fey. I am still laughing uncontrollably as I type this. :lol:

Henley Honey
01-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Poor Glenn. Someone's always butchering his name. I seen it as Fry and Fray but never Greg and never Fey. That's a new one. You have to wonder what planet these people are living on. :headscratch:

Freypower
01-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Some of the reviews of Felder's book at amazon.com refer to 'Hensley' and 'Frye' (and 'Schmidt' occasionally) and it is obviously deliberate.

Peekaboo
01-13-2012, 06:56 AM
We had a ton of fun while in Vegas last November. We took to the Strip the night after the Eagles concert and Lou and I spotted something. I believe we were in Bill's casino and were on our way out to go across the street to the Bellagio. This sign was above one of the elevators.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/IMG_20111120_205524.jpg (http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/IMG_20111120_205524.jpg)

Glennsallnighter
01-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Awwwww Jess.... I LOVE it!!

Glennsallnighter
01-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Poor Glenn. Someone's always butchering his name. I seen it as Fry and Fray but never Greg and never Fey. That's a new one. You have to wonder what planet these people are living on. :headscratch:

Most people over here (even the DJ's, bar a few) pronounce his name 'Fray'. I don't even bother to argue the point. Although if Laura hears it wrong she will usually call out 'Frey'

01-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Good on Laura for keeping 'em straight, GA!

And welcome back, Peek! We've missed you around here and hope you get to visit us a little more often. I'm lovin' the "After Hours" picture. :thumbsup:

Freypower
01-13-2012, 04:55 PM
I hope that After Hours sign is a good omen; because the release date is supposedly a month away and there has been nothing at all said.

Henley Honey
01-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Silence is not a bad omen. Bad news travels fast. Good news is a little slower in it's arrival. And that makes it that much sweeter!! He's referenced it too much to let us down now!! I'm a believer -- After Hours is on its way . . . . .

sodascouts
01-13-2012, 09:01 PM
I believe it will be out, but as far as February... well, we'll see. Remember how many times the Eagles album was delayed? True, this is a solo effort and therefore one would think it would be faster.... but that's not always the case.

Additionally, we've heard nothing more about Joe's new album which he said would come out in January or February.

Henley Honey
01-13-2012, 09:43 PM
But I'm thinking if they did the photo shoot for the cover in what -- October, Novemer --I'm thinking it can't be too far off!

Freypower
01-13-2012, 10:09 PM
I keep thinking if I keep looking at the photo shoot picture the album will miraculously appear.

I haven't been in this state for 20 years, and when Strange Weather came out I wasn't interested. So perhaps I haven't been in this state since 1988 when Soul Searchin' came out.

Maleah
01-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Well my experience with "Don" at my job has not been good so far. He had the nerve to try and tell ME about the Eagles and then argue with me when I corrected him. :shock: Hmmph. My boss was VERY amused. "uh Don.....wrong person to pick this 'discussion' with. *snicker*"

sodascouts
01-14-2012, 02:06 AM
LOL. That's like when my brother-in-law claimed that Don sang lead on "Lyin' Eyes." Of course when I corrected him he tried to insist that he was right, even after I pointed out he could see it for himself if he watched Farewell 1. "Well, Henley sang it on the album," he blustered. Rather than waste time arguing with him, I simply informed him that Glenn is credited as the lead vocalist on the liner notes for One of These Nights in black and white, if he cared to look it up. At that point, he admitted he didn't own One of These Nights, although he had the Greatest Hits. I added, to be polite, "Don Henley did sing lead on the song at a solo show in 1993. Perhaps you are thinking of that." Faced with such evidence that my knowledge of the Eagles was rather extensive, he was forced to back down with a feeble "Uh...maybe..." lol

EaglesKiwi
01-14-2012, 05:36 AM
Well my experience with "Don" at my job has not been good so far. He had the nerve to try and tell ME about the Eagles and then argue with me when I corrected him. :shock: Hmmph. My boss was VERY amused. "uh Don.....wrong person to pick this 'discussion' with. *snicker*"
Too funny! He would have had NO IDEA who he was picking an argument with!

01-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Way to go Maleah and Soda about setting these guys straight. That'll teach 'em not to mess with the experts! :lol:

As far as Glenn's After Hours album, I agree with Soda here. I think it's coming out, just not sure if he'll make it in February. Joe's Analog Man was supposed to come out around February too, and there's no word on it either. These guy's track records regarding release dates is somewhat less than stellar. :wink: Plus, we don't know for sure that the picture posted earlier of Glenn was the photo shoot for the album or not - I think that may have been just an assumption. Hopefully, we will hear something before too long, although it doesn't seem as if Glenn is planning on promoting the album that heavily.

Maleah
01-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Thank you, thank you. ;) I had to calm myself and exit the conversation when he stated "Don Henley is an arrogant a**h***, the band would be better without him." My boss told him he was lucky he didn't get punched. :shock: LOL!

sodascouts
01-14-2012, 05:02 PM
"Don Henley is an arrogant a**h***, the band would be better without him."

Oh my gosh! I can't believe he asid that! That's like when a couple guys at Pebble Beach called the Eagles "one hit wonders." Um....WHA??? Don't let it upset you. When you hear that kind of ignorant statement, just bust out laughing - right in front of the guy! Another approach to communicating your contempt is snark. "Oh yeah, that's a GREAT idea. It's not like he contributes anything to the band... except for all those huge hits, including 'Hotel California' - yeah, they can just give that one to Joe Walsh to sing, nobody'll notice..."

Maleah
01-14-2012, 05:21 PM
LOL! I had to laugh when I saw "originally posted by...." :D

It was definitely crazy! I was quite proud of myself, I stayed quite calm and stated "I HIGHLY disagree. That would mean you would have to throw out every hit that he had a hand in, whether by lead vocals or songwriting. The hit list would take a SIGNIFICANT hit." Then I walked away and started a conversation with someone else. I knew if the convo continued it could get ugly. I might have ----> :steviesmack:

Freypower
01-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Way to go Maleah and Soda about setting these guys straight. That'll teach 'em not to mess with the experts! :lol:

As far as Glenn's After Hours album, I agree with Soda here. I think it's coming out, just not sure if he'll make it in February. Joe's Analog Man was supposed to come out around February too, and there's no word on it either. These guy's track records regarding release dates is somewhat less than stellar. :wink: Plus, we don't know for sure that the picture posted earlier of Glenn was the photo shoot for the album or not - I think that may have been just an assumption. Hopefully, we will hear something before too long, although it doesn't seem as if Glenn is planning on promoting the album that heavily.

It's an assumption that it's for the album photo shoot, because, well, what else can it be?! You are talking sense as always however.

As far as dislike of Henley and or Frey as I mentioned you only have to read the amazon.com reviews of Heaven & Hell to see how people swallowed Felder's line whole, i.e. that Frey & Henley are arrogant control freak a* holes, and they apparently know all this because after reading Felder's book, they know Frey & Henley personally and are qualified to make such claims. I think a lot of the reviews were written by 'casual fans'.

sodascouts
01-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Ugh, I hate the idea that casual fans buy into Felder's portrayal of Glenn and Don, but I'm afraid you're right. From the reviews I've seen, there are many people who are more than willing to assume the worst.

Maleah, you go girl! Your response was terrific.

EaglesKiwi
01-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Yay Maleah! That's one Obnoxious Moron outsmarted and outclassed. :steviesmack:

(loved the "originally posted by" bit!).

Maleah
01-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Why thank you ;) I knew I could count on you all to understand! lol My co-workers, for the most part, just don't get it. :shrug:

Glennsallnighter
01-19-2012, 07:01 AM
I have had the idea to start this thread for a while because with our ever expanding board some people don't get to check out all threads. Some 'little things' can get lost as a result. So I thought we could post the 'little things' that remind us of Glenn:heart: specifically here. Not to take away from the original thread of course.

It was also suggested informally in the YouTube thread.

So just as a start. On Monday evening I was collecting Laura from first aid class. We came across the following van parked opposite us.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/photo.jpg

Mrs Frey
01-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Ha ha, I like it, GA! :grin:

tequila girl
01-19-2012, 11:00 AM
I was just leafing through a catalogue and came across this

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/p42836/The-Henley-Organiser-Range

Glennsallnighter
01-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Love it TG!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-19-2012, 11:05 AM
I was at a western store earlier this week and saw an ad for Frye boots. They may have had some there, but since seeing that made my mind wander I never did go look.

Brooke
01-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Love it! :lol:

sodascouts
01-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Perfect place for Don to store his cufflinks! ;)

EaglesKiwi
01-20-2012, 03:06 AM
Not sure this is quite the right place for this, since I deliberately reminded myself of the Eagles!

We are doing some restructuring at work, and discussing it (with much angst) down at the pub yesterday afternoon. When I emailed one of my colleagues this morning to confirm I had done something for her, I wrote that I had completed it "in the middle of the tall drinks and the drama". She thought the quote was very apt! (Sadly though she didn't recognise it. :shrug:)

EaglesKiwi
01-20-2012, 05:01 AM
I was in the library flicking through a book on environmentally friendly functions, and it mentioned "Frey Vineyards" organic wines.

01-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Excellent, EK! And, hopefully, you fulfilled your duty as a true Eagles fan and let her know where the line came from. :thumbsup:

01-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Hmmm - I want some of that wine, EK.

This is timely because I have one from yesterday. Here around my city, we have all kinds of areas, shopping centers, sub-divisions, etc. with the name 'Glen' or 'Glenn'; however, more often than not, it is usually spelled with one 'n'. Yesterday, I passed a new sub-division that is called Glenn Acres. :applause:

Brooke
01-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Dreamer, are you moving? :lol:

EaglesKiwi
01-21-2012, 03:25 AM
Excellent, EK! And, hopefully, you fulfilled your duty as a true Eagles fan and let her know where the line came from. :thumbsup:
I only had to say it was my favourite band for her to figure it out. :)

The Disco Strangler
01-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Haha. Too cute. I love dat van.

01-24-2012, 01:58 AM
Dreamer, are you moving? :lol:

Definitely under consideration! But it reminds me a little too much of Green Acres. :lol:

Topkat
01-24-2012, 10:56 AM
I have been going through some financial papers this week, as I have an appointment with a financial adviser. I just came upon 2 Eagle ticket stubs that were in with some papers.
One is from Aug. 23, 1994, HFO tour at Giants Stadium. Ticket price is $50.00
Other one is from June 25, 1996, Says $2. donation to Benefit Aspen Grass Roots Exp. (I have no idea what this was??) at Nassau Coliseum. Ticket price is $52.00
Funny, I thought that I only saw them once during this time period, but I guess I saw them twice! :lol:

Windeagle
01-24-2012, 11:21 AM
I have been going through some financial papers this week, as I have an appointment with a financial adviser. I just came upon 2 Eagle ticket stubs that were in with some papers.
One is from Aug. 23, 1994, HFO tour at Giants Stadium. Ticket price is $50.00
Other one is from June 25, 1996, Says $2. donation to Benefit Aspen Grass Roots Exp. (I have no idea what this was??) at Nassau Coliseum. Ticket price is $52.00
Funny, I thought that I only saw them once during this time period, but I guess I saw them twice! :lol:

Aspen Grass Roots Experience was a non-profit organization that Glenn was involved with in Colorado. They brought inner-city kids out to the mountains for outdoor experiences. I'm not sure if they're still around. I tried to google them recently and only got old links.

Windeagle
01-24-2012, 11:30 AM
My daughter was reading "Interview With The Vampire" by Anne Rice for school this weekend, which of course made me think of "A Walk in the Dark."

Topkat
01-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks WE, I had no idea what that charity was!

sodascouts
01-24-2012, 12:30 PM
They changed their name to the "Aspen Youth Experience" a few years ago and their website url was changed to http://www.ayexp.org/ accordingly. It was active in 2010, but I can't find any recent info on them. It seems the charity might be kaput.

Mrs Frey
01-25-2012, 06:23 AM
WOW, Topkat! 8-)

Windeagle
01-26-2012, 03:20 PM
I heard Stephen Stills' "Treetop Flyer" on the way to work this morning, which made me think of Jimmy Cole, Glenn's role in Miami Vice. Glenn was so adorable as the scruffy smuggling pilot and he really did a great job playing the full range of emotions over the course of the episode. To this day, it's the only episode of Miami Vice I've seen in its entirety.

sodascouts
01-26-2012, 03:26 PM
You said it, WE! I wasn't even allowed to watch Miami Vice when it was on (my parents thought it was a bit too risque) but a few years ago, I bought the entire first season on DVD just so I could see Glenn's episode. I went ahead and watched all the episodes of the first season hoping I would like it and get maximum value for my money, lol, but Glenn's episode was the only one that really engaged me.

Windeagle
01-26-2012, 03:47 PM
You said it, WE! I wasn't even allowed to watch Miami Vice when it was on (my parents thought it was a bit too risque) but a few years ago, I bought the entire first season on DVD just so I could see Glenn's episode. I went ahead and watched all the episodes of the first season hoping I would like it and get maximum value for my money, lol, but Glenn's episode was the only one that really engaged me.

I never cared for MV when it was on. To see Glenn's episode, I almost bought the first season, but instead I found a "Best of Miami Vice" 8-episode DVD that had Smuggler's Blues on it. Much better value since I haven't watched any of the other episodes.

Oddly enough, the episode brings together two of my biggest fandoms. It was directed by Paul Michael Glaser, formerly of Starsky & Hutch. I spent my middle school years pining for him, then moved on to the Eagles (and Glenn!) after S&H got cancelled. I didn't even know about the connection until several months ago when I bought the DVD.