PDA

View Full Version : Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

glenneaglesfan
05-19-2007, 04:05 PM
I thought I'd start this thread for those moments in everyday life when we are suddenly reminded of our heroes.

It came to me today when I was throwing away our television paper and I noticed the headline - "Hopeless romantic"

I regularly call into a small shop on Glen Road on the way home from work, and just up from there is Eagle Road!

Glennsallnighter
05-19-2007, 04:26 PM
How nice :D Yesterday evening I was looking at the property supplement of one of our dailies when I came across the sale of a (Large) house addressed Eagle Lodge. What fun! I'd love a few Eagles (One in particular) to 'Lodge' in my home :) :) . Then further down the page was another lovely home addressed in 'Glenview Park' Now anywhere I could get a view of Glenn :heart: would just suit me fine to live..... :wink:

Like the thread GEF. :)

Freypower
05-19-2007, 07:08 PM
I wore my 'Property of (Philadelphia) Eagles' T-shirt yesterday. Does that count? :wink:

Molly
05-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Peter goes to Marquette University in Milwaukee, and their team name is The Golden Eagles -so we have that on our clothes, our cars, etc.

We have a gentleman in our neighborhood whose first name is Glendon.

Maleah
05-20-2007, 12:30 AM
We have a "club" (not THAT kind of club ;) ) that's called "Eagles" so I always think of that when I go by :D Also, there are a couple buildings downtown that belong to someone with the last name Meisner so it's "Meisner ______." I can't remember what the business' are called. lol

SweetHolly
05-20-2007, 12:50 AM
The mascot of The University of North Texas (which is located in Denton, Texas) is the Eagle. Don Henley went there. My mom teaches accounting at Texas Women's University which is also in Denton.

Ive always been a dreamer
05-20-2007, 12:59 AM
First of all - great topic, GEF. There are so many things, for example, riding down the interstate yesterday, and seeing a van with the name Eagles on it. However, when something like that happens, I have to grip the steering wheel real tight to maintain control of my vehicle.

One thing I remember specifically, is when I worked at my previous job, our office was located in a building owned by a company named Eagle Construction. Even though, my job was not very fun, I did enjoy driving up each day and seeing that lovely Eagle's sign on the front of the building. The only thing missing was a picture. Heck, if they had put a picture up of our guys, I may not have quit that job. :wink: :wink:

EasyFeeling
05-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Great stories everyone. :D

I check the emails from my boss regulary and last week I noticed he got several emails from a coworker with the forename Glenn. 8) Ummmm... I need to find out who that guy is and what he looks like. :twisted:

Glennsallnighter
05-20-2007, 05:23 PM

I check the emails from my boss regulary and last week I noticed he got several emails from a coworker with the forename Glenn. 8) Ummmm... I need to find out who that guy is and what he looks like. :twisted:

Hey EF, you bet you do! We stopped for tea this evening at the 'Glenroyal' hotel. :D

sodascouts
05-21-2007, 02:09 AM
PLS and I had a few moments that reminded us of the Eagles in the last few days.

At the Concord venue where we saw Stevie Nicks, one of the refreshment stands was called "Sunset Grill." Of course I went there and got a hamburger - which was absolutely revolting - but oh well, I did it for Don, lol.

We also went to the John Steinbeck museum in Salinas and at one point we saw a clip from the film version of Grapes of Wrath where Tom Joad says, "I'll be around 'til hell freezes over!"

In Steinbeck's Cannery Row, the character of Mack says "You just sit there and take it easy."

In the bookstore for that museum, we saw a book entitled The Story of Pebble Beach. I quickly thumbed through it but no mention of Glenn. At first I was bummed, but then I realized that him not being in it saved me the cost of buying it!

Sexy Girl
05-21-2007, 06:51 AM
An expression which I often hear in my native language when it comes to business with companies is "Geschäftsführer" which means "executive director". Usually everyone simply uses the acronym "GF". So whenever my time table tells me about a "Meeting mit GF" I always say "how I wish" :heart: :wink:

Glennsallnighter
05-21-2007, 07:34 AM
But SG at least you got a 'meeting mit GF'. The rest of us can only dream.....how I wish?

EasyFeeling
05-21-2007, 01:19 PM
An expression which I often hear in my native language when it comes to business with companies is "Geschäftsführer" which means "executive director". Usually everyone simply uses the acronym "GF". So whenever my time table tells me about a "Meeting mit GF" I always say "how I wish" :heart: :wink:

You're right, SG. :shock: I have never thought about Glenn Frey when we use that acronym. :roll:

Brooke
05-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Soda, I'm sure Don would be proud that you got that hamburger thinking of him! :twisted:

I haven't had any Eagley moments lately, but am enjoying reading about yours! Good idea for a topic gef!

glenneaglesfan
05-21-2007, 04:26 PM

I really appreciate this! We recently moved into a nice new building at work, and the two new wards have been named Brunel Lower and Brunel Ground Floor. I work on Brunel GF of course, and have great pleasure in writing it in my diary!!

Randy's Girl
05-21-2007, 05:16 PM
In our local supermarket today, we went through the express checkout, and as we finished an automated voice said "thank you for using the fastlane"

glenneaglesfan
05-22-2007, 03:23 PM
I like it!

I have just been watching the Chelsea Flower Show, and nearly choked on my coffee when I saw the name of one of the gold medal winning designers!

http://www.rhs.org.uk/chelsea/2007/exhibitors/showgardens/fetzer.asp

Sustainability and wine - two subjects close to my heart! 8)

05-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Sorry to break the news to you GEF, but they misspelled my first name again! Damn it - I hate when that happens. :wink: :D :twisted:

Glennsallnighter
05-22-2007, 05:28 PM
GEF, wouldn't it have been a cruel twist of fate to have had you working on the other ward? Recently my hubby took a call from a client who couldn't leave us his own phone number so left his girlfriend's one instead, and I quote my hubby:

"I'm putting GF beside that name as its his Girlfriends number? Can you remember that?"

Could I what???? :D

SweetHolly
05-24-2007, 10:44 PM
When I was in Addison (Texas) earlier tonight with my parents, we drove by the Addison Airport and there was some company called Henley's Aviation. I didn't know that Don was into avation. :D

Glennsallnighter
05-26-2007, 09:26 AM
I have just been watching the Chelsea Flower Show, and nearly choked on my coffee when I saw the name of one of the gold medal winning designers!

Hey WOW! :D :D :D

Maleah
05-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Well..................I thought of the Eagles when the radio played Glenn's "Smuggler's Blues" today :D :D

Glennsallnighter
05-28-2007, 06:21 AM
Here's one with a slightly different slant. I saw a TV advert the other day. It showed people in a diner, customers and staff. They were all looking for sugar, and instead of sugar were being given a sweetener called 'Splenda', and were saying how like Sugar it actually was. Now why is this relevant......well the name of the diner was.......wait for it......."Cindy's Diner".
Imagine Cindy without Sugar.......doesn't add up :twisted: :twisted:

glenneaglesfan
05-28-2007, 02:58 PM
GA, that reminds me of a time at work when someone said "I've got sugar all over my hands" and I thought "I'd like to get my hands,,,,"

Maleah, I wish ANY radio station over here would play Smugglers Blues!

SH, Henley's aviation is cool!

I saw a beautiful classic old Porsche last night, and its number was GFO... Reminded me of another Porsche...

SweetHolly
05-28-2007, 07:25 PM
SH, Henley's aviation is cool!

I saw a beautiful classic old Porsche last night, and its number was GFO... Reminded me of another Porsche...
Thanks! :D
That's really cool, gef! 8)

Brooke
05-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Traveling over the weekend I saw a sign for a town in Missouri called "Henly". I know the spelling is wrong, but close enough to make me smile! No population so it must be very small!

Then in Ft.Worth, Texas we went under an overpass named "Eagle Parkway".

We also listened to a classic rock radio station called "The Eagle".

Each one brought a smile to my face. Hubby would look at me and :roll:

SweetHolly
05-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Traveling over the weekend I saw a sign for a town in Missouri called "Henly". I know the spelling is wrong, but close enough to make me smile! No population so it must be very small!

Then in Ft.Worth, Texas we went under an overpass named "Eagle Parkway".

We also listened to a classic rock radio station called "The Eagle".

Each one brought a smile to my face. Hubby would look at me and :roll:
I know where the Eagle Parkway is in Fort Worth, Texas. 8)
There used to be a station here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area known as "The Eagle" but they weren't a classic rock station. I forget what they played. They're not on the air anymore.

05-29-2007, 05:28 PM

Brooke - That is so funny. I went away this weekend as well. On my way, I pass through this small town called "Glenns''. Everytime I pass through it, I want to stay for the night! :wink: :twisted: My SO actually gives me a hard time because he knows exactly what I'm thinking a we drive through.

Sexy Girl
05-30-2007, 04:58 AM
It's so funny to run into something Eagles or Glenn(n) related all the time in the US - I love that :D

Despite the lousy weather I went to see a dear friend in Varese, a little town in the north of Italy close to the Swiss border. On Sunday we drove up to Lugano to have dinner at a fancy lakeside restaurant. They had some background music playing, low volume, but suddenly I heard some familiar chords … Hotel California. I absolutely didn’t expect to hear it in that corner of the world :shock: :D

So my friend saw the surprise on my face and he asked with a grin whether I was still that Eagles and Glenn crazy :wink: I guess I blushed :blush: 8)

We went together to two concerts last year, so he knows :idea:
But at the end of the day …. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
05-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Guess what folks! A baby Eagle has been born in Ireland!! But don't get too excited..(the 'boys' didn't do a third encore last summer)..its a bird - A Golden Eagle. And it was born in GLENveigh National Park. Its to be called Eddie or Edwina ( I could think of better names for Eagles myself). Apparently according to the article if it survives the average lifespan for Golden eagles is about 30 years......Anyone know the average lifespan for Platinum Eagles?

05-30-2007, 10:59 AM
......Anyone know the average lifespan for Platinum Eagles?

I believe through eternity, GA. At least their music will last that long! :wink:

EasyFeeling
05-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Wow, so many Eagles related stories. :) I'm happy when one of our radio stations play a song. Anyhow, that's something.
But... I'm still looking for "Glenn" on work. :wink:

glenneaglesfan
05-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Cool story about the baby eagle, GA. As a birdwatcher I appreciate all efforts to conserve birds of prey. We've had two trips to Mull in the Inner Hebrides to try and see a Sea Eagle, but no luck. It's just a good excuse for another trip!

SweetHolly
05-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Cool story about the baby Eagle, ga!
There's also a town in Texas called Eagle Pass.

sodascouts
05-30-2007, 11:02 PM
In San Francisco, there is a Linden street, and in the Fisherman's Wharf Visitor's Center there is a portrait of the USS Lahaina.

SweetHolly
05-30-2007, 11:18 PM
In San Francisco, there is a Linden street, and in the Fisherman's Wharf Visitor's Center there is a portrait of the USS Lahaina.
Cool! 8)

05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
And Soda - don't forget there is the Eagle Cafe at Pier 39. The food's not bad either. I know you all don't think I passed up the opportunity to eat there! :D

SweetHolly
05-30-2007, 11:23 PM
And Soda - don't forget there is the Eagle Cafe at Pier 39. The food's not bad either. I know you all don't think I passed up the opportunity to eat there! :D
Did they play any Eagles tunes while you were there?

05-30-2007, 11:32 PM
:D :D

Afraid not Holly. Actually, there wasn't any music there because right outside of the cafe is a small grandstand where live acts perform throughout the day.

SweetHolly
05-30-2007, 11:45 PM
:D :D

Afraid not Holly. Actually, there wasn't any music there because right outside of the cafe is a small grandstand where live acts perform throughout the day.
That's too bad.

Freypower
05-31-2007, 12:25 AM

I went there, on my last visit to San Francisco, way back in 1990. I should dig out the photo I took.

sodascouts
05-31-2007, 03:57 AM
Dang, I totally missed that one! Oh well. I spent most of my food budget on Starbucks coffee anyway, I was so cold!

SweetHolly
05-31-2007, 04:04 AM
Dang, I totally missed that one! Oh well. I spent most of my food budget on Starbucks coffee anyway, I was so cold!
Brrr. I always forget how cold San Fransisco is. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
05-31-2007, 04:24 AM
Oh I love Starbucks. They've only opened over here in the last year or so, and myself, my friends and all our kids seem to live there!

SweetHolly
05-31-2007, 04:37 AM
Oh I love Starbucks. They've only opened over here in the last year or so, and myself, my friends and all our kids seem to live there!
I love Starbucks too and so does Don Henley. :heart:
I know which Starbucks he goes to here in Dallas. :smitten:

Glennsallnighter
05-31-2007, 05:36 AM

Bet you go to that Starbucks too, eh SH? :D

SweetHolly
05-31-2007, 06:51 PM

Bet you go to that Starbucks too, eh SH? :D
I haven't been to it in a long time. :cry:

SweetHolly
06-10-2007, 10:58 PM
There's a town in the DFW area called Irving and it makes me think of the Eagles manager. As I was doing errands today, I saw there was a car that came from the John Eagle dealership.

Mrs Frey
06-14-2007, 08:14 AM
I work at a company which publishes magazines, amongst other publications. There is a pile of back issues stacked alongside a corridor that I walk through every day. One of the magazines is called "Top Car", and the issue from October 2006 has a lead story which reads: "DETROIT STEROID". Now, I wonder who that reminds me of? :heart: :wink:

This morning on the train station, I saw a man wearing a yellow puff jacket, with the word "MICHIGAN" printed at the bottom of the jacket's back. Hmmmmm... I wonder who that reminds me of? :heart: :D :wink:

Glennsallnighter
06-14-2007, 08:18 AM
I work at a company which publishes magazines, amongst other publications. There is a pile of back issues stacked alongside a corridor that I walk through every day. One of the magazines is called "Top Car", and the issue from October 2006 has a lead story which reads: "DETROIT STEROID". Now, I wonder who that reminds me of? :heart: :wink:

This morning on the train station, I saw a man wearing a yellow puff jacket, with the word "MICHIGAN" printed at the bottom of the jacket's back. Hmmmmm... I wonder who that reminds me of? :heart: :D :wink:

Detroit Steroid! I love it! :heart: :hug:

Glennsallnighter
06-16-2007, 04:56 PM
OK, try this one! Hubby and I were invited to the 'Afters' (ie evening dancing etc) of a wedding of a young lad who had worked with him up to a few weeks ago. On Wednesday it transpired that this young man's name was .....Glenn...... But it gets better. On Friday (the day of the wedding) I casually asked hubby what Glenn's future wife's name was. He didn't know and called another colleague. Transpired her name was.....Lisa. :twisted: ....I didn't know whether to :rofl: or :weep:. Hubby had to write the card (I couldn't!) and then asked me how many n's in Glenn. To which I replied.... I don't know about him, but I'd always use 2 :D Anyway a good night was had by all even though it was a little weird seeing all the "Glenn and Lisa" stuff around! :D

Now if that doesn't remind me of the Eagles (or one Eagle in particular) What does?? :D

06-17-2007, 11:46 AM
I drove down to Williamsburg yesterday to meet a friend for a girls shopping day. It was such a beautiful day, I decided to drive the scenic route instead of taking the interstate. I had forgotten that when taking that route, you pass a place called Eagles Landing. Well, I guess that settles the question about which is the best way to get to Williamsburg from my house! :wink: :wink:

glenneaglesfan
06-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Anyway, a good night was had by all even though it was a little weird seeing all the "Glenn and Lisa" stuff around! :D

Now if that doesn't remind me of the Eagles (or one Eagle in particular) What does?? :D

Wow, GA, I think I would have been majorly distracted at that event!! :D I love the way you had to choose the spelling!

Dreamer, sounds like a good decision on the route! :wink:

EasyFeeling
06-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Next week I will go to our local resident's registration office and vehicle registration center (is that the correct translation? :? )
For my number plate I will try to get either GF or KU. :wink: Hopefully one of these combinations exists. :)

Glennsallnighter
06-17-2007, 04:32 PM
I think thats a great idea :idea: Good Luck!

glenneaglesfan
06-18-2007, 02:58 AM
It's sounds fun to be able to choose your registration number, EF. I have GF on mine, separated by two numbers. :D

Randy's Girl
06-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Weirdly, I have RM on mine (it's actually RMB). Good job I'm not a Glenn fan :D

Mrs Frey
06-19-2007, 02:18 AM
OK, try this one! Hubby and I were invited to the 'Afters' (ie evening dancing etc) of a wedding of a young lad who had worked with him up to a few weeks ago. On Wednesday it transpired that this young man's name was .....Glenn...... But it gets better. On Friday (the day of the wedding) I casually asked hubby what Glenn's future wife's name was. He didn't know and called another colleague. Transpired her name was.....Lisa. :twisted: ....I didn't know whether to :rofl: or :weep:. Hubby had to write the card (I couldn't!) and then asked me how many n's in Glenn. To which I replied.... I don't know about him, but I'd always use 2 :D Anyway a good night was had by all even though it was a little weird seeing all the "Glenn and Lisa" stuff around! :D

:shock: :shock: :shock: GA!!! If I were you, I would have had difficulty concentrating on anything else apart from Glenn :heart: on the night!

I had my own Glenn :heart: moment over the weekend. I attended a fundraising concert featuring a very popular and polished cover band called Late Final, and the drummer's name is... wait for it... GLENN! :D He's a good drummer and singer, but Glenn :heart: Frey he ain't, though, I'm sorry to say! :blush: :twisted:

Perfect Little Sister
06-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Last weekend, listening to Sammy Hagar, I had an Eagles moment. Everytime I hear Sammy sing "take me up so high...where Eagles fly" I always sigh. lol

timfan
06-22-2007, 06:58 PM
I always sigh. lol

I wonder WHY!!! :D :D :P

Freypower
06-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Well, I guess... last night I heard Joni Mitchell's Coyote, which is probably my favourite song by her, which contains thse lines:

He's too far from the Bay of Fundy
From Appaloosas and Eagles and tides

The word 'Eagles' is capitalised but somehow I don't think she means the band. I had to look up 'Bay of Fundy'. It's in Nova Scotia. :blush:

http://novascotia.com/site-ns/content/nspg/Seacoast/seacoast_2.jpg

glenneaglesfan
06-23-2007, 05:32 AM
Nice picture. Trivia - the Bay of Fundy has the greatest tidal range in the world, 49 feet at spring tides.

I did my monthly visit to home, and came home via California Cross, which has a pub, and always makes me think...oh you know the rest!

SweetHolly
06-24-2007, 11:02 PM
By my dad's office in Carrollton, Texas, there's a company called Eagle Transmission. 8)

Maleah
06-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Well, I was playing "Music Millionaire" on my phone........and it asked me "Who was the drummer for the legendary rock group, The Eagles: A.Joe Walsh B.Don Henley C.Randy Meisner D.Glenn Frey

well.........that was a tough one :D

SweetHolly
06-25-2007, 12:04 AM
LOL Maleah! :D

Freypower
06-27-2007, 11:37 PM
I've just read this news story:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/06/28/1964338.htm?section=justin

I particularly like the 'imperious gaze' bit. 8) :wink: Perhaps this is indicative of upcoming activity by the human versions....

Perfect Little Sister
06-28-2007, 04:56 AM
Last weekend while driving around I was listening to 96.9FM out of Sacramento. The classic rock station is referred to as...wait for it..."the Eagle".

Randy's Girl
06-28-2007, 04:58 AM
That's funny because my local radio station where I grew up (and where my Mum still lives) is called The Eagle (96.4 FM). What a co-incidence :D . This is UK tho.

Sexy Girl
06-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Last weekend while driving around I was listening to 96.9FM out of Sacramento. The classic rock station is referred to as...wait for it..."the Eagle".

I listen to it very often when I'm on the other side of the pond - great radio station, not only because of the name :D

Not sure if it's the same frequency but you can also get it around Vegas and in the SLC area.

glenneaglesfan
06-28-2007, 10:14 AM
That's good news about the Bald Eagle, FP. I saw one really close in Florida - fabulous, and of course it brought other Eagles to mind!

I went in to my favourite local supermarket yesterday (on Glen Road, naturally), and Boys of Summer came on the radio!

Brooke
06-28-2007, 10:16 AM
There is also a station in the Peoria/Bloomington, Illinois area called "the Eagle". I don't remember the frequency now, but it's a classic rock station that I listened to a lot the past few years while hubby was working in that area.

Btw, interesting article Fp. I've seen bald eagles around here, too, especially in the winter.

Brooke
06-29-2007, 07:22 PM
I've just read this news story:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/06/28/1964338.htm?section=justin

I particularly like the 'imperious gaze' bit. 8) :wink: Perhaps this is indicative of upcoming activity by the human versions....

Our local news anchor noted this story this evening saying "The Eagles are making a comeback! I'm not talking about Glenn Frey, Don Henley and those guys......" :shock:

I was shocked that the guy (pretty young, maybe 25) even knew who The Eagles were! I'm proud of him for doing his homework! :D

Freypower
07-01-2007, 07:35 PM
A major road near where I live will be closed on July 22 for a 'special event'. A parade for Don's 60th birthday!!! :wink:

sodascouts
07-11-2007, 02:18 AM
I just finished The Duke by Gaelen Foley. At the end, she writes a note to the reader about historical accuracy, and signs it - G.F. Need I say more? ;)

Glennsallnighter
07-15-2007, 07:59 PM
This is a bit cheeky, but I think most people will understand why it reminds me of a particular Eagle.
Today an Icecream van was driving towards me with the slogan
"...........ices. SIMPLY THE BEST" painted on it :wink: :D

(Well thats what I thought of the minute I read the slogan anyway :twisted: :twisted: )

07-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Good grief, GA. I think I would've fainted if I'd seen that. It's a wonder that their ice cream doesn't all melt though with that 'hot' slogan! :shock: :D :twisted:

glenneaglesfan
07-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Love it!

Doh, I've just realised that my son's car is advertising a new website for free!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/IMG_1120.jpg

Glennsallnighter
07-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Love it too GEF! :D :D :D

Yes Dreamer! It was a hot slogan, and it certainly melted my heart!

Brooke
07-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Nice of your son, gef! 8)

sodascouts
07-16-2007, 10:27 PM
lol - terrific!

07-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Gosh GEF - You should be very proud of yourself. You really raised that young man right. :D :D

EasyFeeling
07-17-2007, 03:23 PM
GEF, this is absolutely cool! :yay:

glenneaglesfan
07-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Yeah! I'd spotted the JW months ago, but now JWO is up and running, it's really cool. :D

Mrs Frey
07-19-2007, 07:23 AM
GEF, I tried opening the link for the slogan on your son's car, but for some reason I can't. :(

I wanted to share this with all of you: on my way home from band practice on Tuesday nights, I pass a warehouse called "Eagle Lighting Superstore". 8)

thelongrun
07-20-2007, 12:36 PM

Hey I can change my name from JP to Glenn... :twisted: :wink:

EasyFeeling
07-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Sure that would work, TLR? :twisted:

A few days ago I met a friend who accidentally knows this coworker named Glenn. I asked her to tell me more. :twisted: She said he's about 38 years old and very handsome. Tall with dark hair. He works in the department for materials logistics. Not married. :twisted:

07-21-2007, 12:26 AM
TLR - If you changed your name to Glenn, I bet you would become VERY popular here! :rockon:

And EF - if you hook up with this guy, will you make him take singing and guitar lessons? :singer: :guitar:

glenneaglesfan
07-21-2007, 01:50 PM
I met a Glen(?n) last week too. I was dying to ask how he spelt his name, but thought it might be awkward!

Following on from the new websites promos, I followed a car with number plate DHO today. :)

sodascouts
07-21-2007, 05:43 PM
This came up in the book thread - I read a romance by Christine Feehan a few months ago where the male lead reminded me a lot of Don. He was a musician with vivid blue eyes, a raspy voice, longish dark brown hair (like EOTI Don) and an air of intensity. He was a bit past his heyday but still very, um, virile. It was also a very moving story, as the musician was injured in a fire and unable to play his music - the heroine had to help him find himself again. His name was Dillon and I actually wondered if he weren't partially written as kind of Don-type in some general ways. Just take out the "ill" after all! There is also another character, a former bandmate, named Don. There is tension between the two... hmm, Felder? lol (I have to admit I pictured Don as the hero while reading the story).

Edited to add: just went and grabbed the book. A description:

"[Before the fire] he had been so alive. So handsome. So everything. His life had been magical. His good looks, his talent, his ready laugh and famous blue eyes. [...] The energy, the power of Dillon Wentworth were astonishing, indescribable, when he was performing. He burned bright and hot on the stage, a man with a poet's heart and a devil's talent when he [...] sang with his edgy, smoky voice." Sigh!

Glennsallnighter
07-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Oh EF, that defininitely sounds like 'Glenn' is worth looking into :D

And GEF, you guys across the pond have such imaginitive number plates. We used to have up to 3 letters in ours but in 1987 they changed them, and now most people only have 1 letter! Mine has a D (registered in Dublin) I'll have to travel across the country to Galway :lol: for my next car!

I had a good 'Glenn :heart: ' moment the other night. I have been working from home and took a snack break with Hubby while he was watching a film called 'Sergeant Bilko'. Anyway the soldiers in the film went to 'train' in the 'desert' (Nevada). The next shot was of them entering a casino in Las Vegas.....and then a well known and better loved guitar intro struck up. I held my breath....I didn't dare to hope....but then it happened.......PARTYTOWN!!! :D :D Its as well hubby was focussed on his nachos and didn't see my facial expression, hear my heart beat change or see me mouthing the words!!! But I went to bed a very happy girl :D

glenneaglesfan
07-22-2007, 05:55 AM
Wow! :D That must be a remake then. I remember the old Sergeant Bilko from way back in the sixties. Was it actually Glenn's version, or a cover?

Soda, you make that book rather appealing! That certainly could be a great description of Don.

EasyFeeling
07-22-2007, 09:55 AM
Cool GEF. :D First JWO and then DHO. 8)

Dreamer, in case I meet "faked" Glenn I will definitely ask him if he plays guitar. :wink: I only don't know what to answer if he'd ask me why I want to know this. :blush:

Glennsallnighter
07-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Wow! :D That must be a remake then. I remember the old Sergeant Bilko from way back in the sixties. Was it actually Glenn's version, or a cover?

Soda, you make that book rather appealing! That certainly could be a great description of Don.

Well after Partytown I casually asked hubby what year it wes made. He threw the text back up on screen and it was 1996. I returned when the credits were coming up on screen (allegedly to find out how it had ended :wink: ) Every dogsbody was acknowledged until it finally came to the Music section! And there it was 'Partytown' Glenn :heart: Frey/Jack Tempechin. So it was the one and only authentic version! (but I knew that anyway once I heard the voice singing :D :inlove: :thumbsup: )

glenneaglesfan
07-22-2007, 02:56 PM
That is so cool! Definitely another film to look out for. 8)

07-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Dreamer, in case I meet "faked" Glenn I will definitely ask him if he plays guitar. :wink: I only don't know what to answer if he'd ask me why I want to know this. :blush:

Just tell him the truth, EF. Honesty is always the best policy! :wink: :twisted: :D

Notes to self:

1. Get new license plate with correct initials.

2. Buy Christine Feehan's romance novel for totally accurate description of Don.

3. Buy 1996 film called Sergeant Bilko for soundtrack.

Oh good grief, so much Eagles, so little time! :help:

Glennsallnighter
07-22-2007, 05:05 PM
But so much fun :D :D :D Wouldn't you agree Dreamer? And I love the sig banner.

Mrs Frey
07-23-2007, 08:55 AM

Just tell him the truth, EF. Honesty is always the best policy! :wink: :twisted: :D

Notes to self:

1. Get new license plate with correct initials.

2. Buy Christine Feehan's romance novel for totally accurate description of Don.

3. Buy 1996 film called Sergeant Bilko for soundtrack.

Oh good grief, so much Eagles, so little time! :help:

:lol: Dreamer! I enjoyed that! I feel that way most of the time, only having been obsessed for 5 months so far, and trying to keep up with all of you! :wink:

I can imagine how you felt, GA - my heart would have been pumping fiercely too with excitement to hear that song in a film! :D

EF, goodness gracious - the description of your mystery Glenn immediately conjured up images in my mind of Glenn :heart: Frey in Tokyo, Japan: one of his most beautiful periods, in my humble opinion. He was 38 years old at the time, too (give or take a few months)!

GEF: COOL number plate! 8)

Mrs Frey
08-01-2007, 09:35 AM
GEF, I know you particularly will enjoy this one:

I was reading an article in one of our local newspapers last Friday evening, about Jerry Lee Lewis. In it, reference was made to the GLENEAGLES Hotel in Scotland, where Jerry Lee apparently performed two years ago. :D

Glennsallnighter
08-01-2007, 12:03 PM
We have a GlenEagles (or GlennEagles!) Hotel in Killarney Co Kerry here as well! :D

glenneaglesfan
08-01-2007, 12:49 PM
MF and GA, I did enjoy those two! Fancy having two hotels named after me! :wink:
Actually, there is another Gleneagles Hotel in Torquay, and apparently it was the inspiration for Fawlty Towers.

I had a moment as I drove home today and passed a fast food van called 'Neil's on Wheels - Simply The Best'! Like you with your ice cream van, GA!

Glennsallnighter
08-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Yes............well.............I wouldn't say there'd be much icecream left after the sizzling heat of 'Simply the Best' now would there?

The hotel I was staying in last week had a small golf course attached to it called 'Pebble Beach'. Was that 8) or what? All we need to do now is manage to divert a certain Gentleman golfer to the alternative venue next time he's meant to be doing the original 'Pebble Beach'. And we'll give him such a good time that he won't want to go back! :D :D :D

sodascouts
08-02-2007, 11:49 PM
lol about gleneagles! On my UK vacation last year (which involved four Eagles shows!) I took the train all over the place. As I travelled through Scotland, we passed a train station for the town of Gleneagles. I got so excited I took a photo!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/sodascoutsuk/scotland/Gleneagles.jpg

sodascouts
08-03-2007, 03:39 AM
I've been staying up late tonight working on my dissertation (just got an e-mail from my prof and am feeling the heat!) Perhaps I'm just tired, but going back over what I've written, I've noticed that several times, when quoting a critic named Northrop Frye, I've spelled it Frey. That's kind of understandable I guess, but then I've also noticed that several times when I've been writing about a character named Helen, I've typed Henley. Now that's just sad.

Mrs Frey
08-03-2007, 04:53 AM
I've been staying up late tonight working on my dissertation (just got an e-mail from my prof and am feeling the heat!) Perhaps I'm just tired, but going back over what I've written, I've noticed that several times, when quoting a critic named Northrop Frye, I've spelled it Frey. That's kind of understandable I guess, but then I've also noticed that several times when I've been writing about a character named Helen, I've typed Henley. Now that's just sad.

Awwwwwwwwww, Soda - being in love with such incredible men such as Frey and Henley will do that to you, I'm afraid :wink:. And I thought my brain was Freyed! :lol:

I love your picture of Gleneagles station in the UK! 8)

glenneaglesfan
08-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Lol, Soda, I love your typos! Thanks for posting the Gleneagles station sign, too. I bet your fellow travellers were intrigued by your interest. Of course, you were recording it as the place where the G8 summit was held in 2005, weren't you? :wink:

MF, I think there are a few of us who suffer from 'Freyed' brains! I mean, how pathetic is this? Buying beer because it looks as if it says 'Frey's' from one angle...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Home020.jpg

...and just having to try this drink in France

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Dordogne120.jpg

EasyFeeling
08-03-2007, 04:46 PM
:lol: This is too funny, GEF!

Glennsallnighter
08-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Soda! I really feel for you. Thesis revisions can be such a pain in the ....well everywhere really!

MF I agree with you. My brain is totally Freyed most of the time! But I'm quite happy about that! The more 'Freying' the better!

And GEF those cans are just so cool! I thought I have it bad, but obviously I'm not the only one with a certain Mr Frey permanently on the brain!

Right I'm off now to eat a bar of (yes well done you've all guessed it) Fry's Chocolate Cream which hubby kindly bought me before he went into work!! :twisted: :twisted: If only he knew :rofl:

SweetHolly
08-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Good luck with your dissertation Soda.

sodascouts
08-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Thanks Holly, I need all the luck I can get when writing that mofo.

And GEF - lol! That's great!

SweetHolly
08-04-2007, 12:44 AM
You're welcome.

Freypower
08-04-2007, 03:22 AM
Ah GEF - Caffrey's. Yes, I have drunk it. :wink:

Mrs Frey
08-07-2007, 09:22 AM
LOL!!! Boy, did I enjoy all these posts since my last one. I'm not blushing anymore, that's for sure! :lol: I'm certainly not alone in my obsession! We're a right sad bunch, but we enjoy every moment of it! :D

GEF, I really enjoyed those beer cans! We are "desperados", indeed! :wink:

GA, as I was scrolling down this page, before I got to your post, I started thinking about your chocolate preference - and there it was! Freyed minds think alike! :wink: :rofl:

Soda, I hope your dissertation went well. I don't know much about such things, but it sounds like an awful amount of work!

sodascouts
08-07-2007, 04:50 PM
My dissertation currently blows, but hopefully that will improve. Once it's finished, it will be published, and you can all order it through interlibrary loan!

Glennsallnighter
08-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Will do! Whats the topic, or is that classified?

sodascouts
08-07-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm currently arguing that in sixteenth century British Renaissance romance literature, the love triangles are driven by a fear of gender instability that manifests itself in different ways depending on whether or not the author is male or female. I argue that in romances written by women, the marker of appropriate male gendered behavior is constancy, and if the male loses constancy, gender instability is created. In the plot, this instability must be righted before the "happy ending" can be achieved. In the male versions, however, constancy actually is portrayed as feminiizing sometimes, and therefore is not a clear gender marker. Instead, the marker is strength. As proofs, I'm using works by Philip Sidney, Mary Wroth, and the obscure Anna Weamys.

Brooke
08-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Sounds very complex to me Soda!

I had a dentist appointment yesterday for a dreaded filling and TIE played on their radio. Made me feel much better! I told the dentist that he had great taste in background music! He just laughed.

SweetHolly
08-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Good luck on that dissertation. Sounds like a very interesting topic.

EasyFeeling
08-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Sounds very complex to me Soda!

I had a dentist appointment yesterday for a dreaded filling and TIE played on their radio. Made me feel much better! I told the dentist that he had great taste in background music! He just laughed.

I have to agree. :shock: Good luck with that, Soda.

Cool story, Brooke. :D

glenneaglesfan
08-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Brooke, that must have made the dentist experience better. I still live in hope of hearing the Eagles at my dentist - no luck so far.

Soda, I'm in awe of your knowledge of 16th century English literature. I hope your dissertation goes well. It sounds a fascinating subject. My knowledge of English is earlier - Anglo-Saxon and Celtic, so if you ever need to borrow a text from that era, I may have it.

Complete change of subject, I've been on a course this week dealing with conflict and how to avoid it. Quite useful techniques for defusing situations and also how to escape from grabs etc. Doesn't mean I'm qualified in kung fu or anything, but I'd be a bit happier if I got in a difficult situation with a client.

Molly
08-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Complete change of subject, I've been on a course this week dealing with conflict and how to avoid it. Quite useful techniques for defusing situations and also how to escape from grabs etc. Doesn't mean I'm qualified in kung fu or anything, but I'd be a bit happier if I got in a difficult situation with a client.

We've had that type of course added at our hospital, as well. My son, Peter, in his brief career as an admission clerk at the hospital was chosen to be a part of that "team". I thought it was unusual for them to pick a 17 year old kid to try to diffuse a conflict. I assumed it was his football player size that they were taking advantage of -just his large physical presence.

The first time the "team" had to respond to a situation where a patient was threatening and out of control -they were having a difficult time making it work. The team members were about ready to call the police for assistance when our hospital chaplain, a tiny elderly nun, Sister Donna, strolled in to assist. She broke all "team protocol" by not keeping proper distance, et. She calmly talked the gentleman down and physically approached him with absolutely no fear. She wasn't part of the original team -but obviously should be!

Glennsallnighter
08-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Soda, that really sounds very in depth but also very interesting. I hope it goes well for you and that you get it submitted within the time frame you have.

Brooke, hope your tooth is feeling better, and that your dentist continues to play such good music!

GEF, good luck with the conflict management. Its a sad fact of life today that people have to train to protect themselves from the very people they are trying to help.

Molly, I'm sure your son will become just as good as the hospital chaplain. Her experience obviously came to the fore there, but I'm sure everybody learned from the experience.

Mrs Frey
08-10-2007, 07:10 AM
I'm currently arguing that in sixteenth century British Renaissance romance literature, the love triangles are driven by a fear of gender instability that manifests itself in different ways depending on whether or not the author is male or female. I argue that in romances written by women, the marker of appropriate male gendered behavior is constancy, and if the male loses constancy, gender instability is created. In the plot, this instability must be righted before the "happy ending" can be achieved. In the male versions, however, constancy actually is portrayed as feminiizing sometimes, and therefore is not a clear gender marker. Instead, the marker is strength. As proofs, I'm using works by Philip Sidney, Mary Wroth, and the obscure Anna Weamys.

Wow, Soda, that is very impressive. I haven't a clue about English literature, and I would never even have thought of writing something so insightful and complex. I have every confidence that you will excel! :D

Brooke, I'm sorry that you had to see the dentist, but at least hearing Glenn :heart: helped you to take it easy! (Excuse the lame pun :blush: )

GEF and Molly: interesting stories about the conflict-defusing courses at the hospitals. GEF, I hope the course will prove useful to you.

My 10c worth of news is that I'm performing in my band's first gig since January this year, on Sunday, 12 August. It coincides with my late mother's birthday, so it will be a bitter-sweet day for me. I'm nervous about the gig, as we're playing with two temporary musicians, and haven't had much time to prepare, but I hope it will go well.

Brooke
08-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Today I happened to catch the soap The Young and the Restless(alas, my fave). One of the characters (Daniel-a young guy) had on a t shirt that had a flying eagle on the front with EAGLES printed underneath! 8) I always did like him even if he does have problems! I wonder if he ever heard of The Eagles?

Glennsallnighter
08-11-2007, 03:07 AM
My 10c worth of news is that I'm performing in my band's first gig since January this year, on Sunday, 12 August. It coincides with my late mother's birthday, so it will be a bitter-sweet day for me. I'm nervous about the gig, as we're playing with two temporary musicians, and haven't had much time to prepare, but I hope it will go well.

Well best of luck with it MF. I know you have been putting in a lot of work for the gig. I'm sure it will go very well and those set lists you emailed me look fantastic.
We'll be thinking of your mom on Sunday also and will keep her in our prayers

glenneaglesfan
08-12-2007, 06:17 AM
Lol about hearing Don's version of Unclouded Day in your mom's car, Soda!

Brooke, that soap character must have good taste!

Best of luck with your show, MF, we'll be thinking of you.

Molly, I love your story about Sister Donna and the aggressive client! I hope I never have to put this training into practice. The people I look after can often be confused but rarely are they threatening.

Mrs Frey
08-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks, GA and GEF, for the good wishes regarding my gig. I'll tell you more about it in the "What's happening in your life?" thread! GA, thank you also for your compassion regarding my mom. It means a lot.

Brooke, your favourite Y&R character must have earned extra points with you for wearing that T-shirt! 8) Where can I buy one? :wink:

Soda, I enjoyed your story about Don's "The Unclouded Day" and your parents! :lol: It must have been a bit awkward for you, though!

Brooke
08-13-2007, 09:44 AM
It was soooooo hot (101 degrees F) yesterday that I just didn't go out much (except church). Thelma & Louise happened to be on TV, so I watched it just so I could hear Glenn singing POMPOY during the end credits! I wished they would have showed his video! :D

DonFan
08-13-2007, 10:09 AM
It has been unbelievably hot here too--103 degrees for the last 5 days! The weathermen have been using Glenn's "The Heat Is On" quite a bit during their weather forecasts, and that always makes me smile. :D

EasyFeeling
08-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Over 100? I had to convert that in Celsius... 39°C :shock:

Brooke
08-13-2007, 04:21 PM
It has been unbelievably hot here too--103 degrees for the last 5 days! The weathermen have been using Glenn's "The Heat Is On" quite a bit during their weather forecasts, and that always makes me smile. :D

Our weathermen use it quite a lot too! I at least always get a smile for that, even though I really don't like it that hot!

SweetHolly
08-14-2007, 02:47 AM
Sunday, Dallas finally hit the 100 degree mark for the first time this year. Our highs are supposed to be in the 100s all this week. The joys of living in Dallas. :)

glenneaglesfan
08-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Right now, I wouldn't mind 100 degrees. It's back to good old rain and gales here.

I saw a number plate with GFO today, to add to DHO and JWO. Just need TSO to complete the set!

Mrs Frey
08-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Right now, I wouldn't mind 100 degrees. It's back to good old rain and gales here.

I saw a number plate with GFO today, to add to DHO and JWO. Just need TSO to complete the set!

That is SO cool, GEF! 8) I'm sorry about your horrible weather, and that in your summer! Our weather has also been a bit strange lately, but we can't complain about rain in winter - the dams are full, at least, which is a blessing we haven't really had for a couple of winters!

glenneaglesfan
08-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Our paper had an article on KT Tunstall yesterday. She's a British singer - I don't know if she's known elsewhere, but she's had a hit with Suddenly I See, and my other half likes her.

She has good taste in t-shirts!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Tooyoung.jpg

Glennsallnighter
09-04-2007, 06:27 AM
I'd 2 great Eagles/Glenn :heart: moments yesterday.

Firstly I was sitting in Starbucks feeling just a little sad when I saw an ad in the Vodafone store opposite for Mobile internet. I clicked on The Vodafone live icon on the phone, put the Glennfreyonline.com address in and lo and behold!! there it was!! I now have portable Glenn :heart: WOO HOO HOO! I can't get the Border on it but I can get practically everything else!

Then I went on to Dixon's (Electrical/music) store to buy something only to find HFO on on the display 40" flat screen. Needless to say I didn't move for a long time. I was later talking to the manager who said a few of the staff are Eagles fans.....I wonder do they need any extra staff??

Mrs Frey
09-04-2007, 06:48 AM
GA, I know I'd like to take Glenn :heart: everywhere with me, that's for sure. :twisted:

I wish I could have joined you at Dixon's yesterday. Imagine that: two starry-eyed Eagles fans staring at the big screen together, completely oblivious to all things around them, completely captivated by five gentlemen, and particularly one of them :wink:, singing our hearts into a possible coronary. :sigh: Okay, I can watch them on my laptop here at work, but a laptop screen just doesn't cut it when compared with a 40" screen. So there: I'm officially :jealous:. :wink:

GEF, I missed your earlier post with KT Tunstall's T-shirt. I like it! :D

Glennsallnighter
09-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Mrs F, I totally agree! We probably would have caused a security alert! But I was starry eyed I must admit! I'm sure some passers by must have thought I had lost it! But it would have been some buzz for us both to be there! And you're right, the laptop screen just doesn't have the same effect. I'd love a 50" in my sitting room. Imagine LID or HFO or F1 or.....well anything in such detail!
Which of the five men were you referring to again... :wink: :wink: :?:

sodascouts
09-04-2007, 11:39 AM
I now have portable Glenn :heart: WOO HOO HOO!

Who could ask for more? ;)

glenneaglesfan
09-05-2007, 04:51 PM
GA, your experience in Dixons is priceless! How cool is that!

I looked up my local bus service today - searched on Google for Citybus - and got the bus service for Lafayette/ West Lafayette and Purdue...!!!

sodascouts
09-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Does Purdue remind you of the Eagles now? ;) That is funny!

Molly
09-05-2007, 05:30 PM
I was doing some online shopping for blue jeans when I came across this link:

www.paigepremiumdenim.com

The jeans are a little pricey (well, a lot pricey) -but you can get styles called "Laurel Canyon" and "Glen Rising".

glenneaglesfan
09-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Those jeans are priceless, Molly! Glen Rising!! I like Eagle River, too. I never knew you could get so many styles - I wouldn't know where to start.

sodascouts
09-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Glen Rising Jeans. Hmmmm. ;)

Good find!

Perfect Little Sister
09-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Oh you are so bad, Soda.

(ok so we all were thinking it lol)

glenneaglesfan
09-07-2007, 05:13 PM
PLS and Soda, lol! You bad girls! :twisted:

Molly
09-07-2007, 05:41 PM

Good find!

That's where my brain went, as well!

Maleah
09-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Well...yesterday day I bought seasons 1 & 2 of the West Wing. I was watching them today and the episode I'm watching right now is "Somebody's Going To Emergency, Somebody's Going to Jail." So obviously I thought of Don as soon as I saw the title:D And when the episode started.......New York Minute also started :lol:

Glennsallnighter
09-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Yesterday I was sitting in the back of the car in between the kids. I think I was a buffer zone to prevent them killing each other. We were all nearly asleep (except hubby who was driving) and I was having some pleasantly impure thoughts about Glenn :heart: when the song 'Simply the best' came on the radio :blush: :blush: .

glenneaglesfan
09-10-2007, 06:06 PM
GA, lol, it's so funny how our minds work!

Maleah, that's really cool about that West Wing title.

Glennsallnighter
09-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Isn't it GEF? :lol: Today my credit card was declined :blush: due to the fact that I split a tile order for the new kitchen into 2 separate payments, but until the first comes off later this month I'd inadvertently 'Taken it to the Limit'. A phonecall sorted it out by simply increasing the limit! :D

Mrs Frey
09-13-2007, 06:19 AM
Yesterday I was sitting in the back of the car in between the kids. I think I was a buffer zone to prevent them killing each other. We were all nearly asleep (except hubby who was driving) and I was having some pleasantly impure thoughts about Glenn :heart: when the song 'Simply the best' came on the radio :blush: :blush: .

:shock: :shock: You are such a bad girl, GA! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
09-13-2007, 04:06 PM

:shock: :shock: You are such a bad girl, GA! :wink:

I think I texted a friend of mine about that as it was happening :wink:

Freypower
09-14-2007, 12:03 AM
I was shopping for summer clothes for Rosalind's ninth birthday (and believe me it isn't easy. Clothes manufacturers seem to think 9 year olds should dress like 18 year olds). But I found a very nice floral T shirt with the following slogan....

SEXY GIRL...

NO!!! But that is the sort of thing you see on kids' T shirts. In fact it was...

TRUE LOVE :heart:

so she's getting it for her birthday. :birthday:

SweetHolly
09-14-2007, 12:10 AM
That'll be a cool t-shirt, FP. I hope that Rosalind will have a great 9th birthday and that she'll enjoy her t-shirt.

Brooke
09-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Cute t shirt, Fp! I'm sure Rosalind will be very cute in it! You must take a pic and show us! :D

I've seen some of the t shirt slogans these days! Pretty unbelievable for young kids.

glenneaglesfan
09-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Aw, that sounds a cute t-shirt for Rosalind, FP!

Funnily enough, I saw a girl in my local supermarket wearing a tee with True Love written on it! Must be a coincidence.

EasyFeeling
09-19-2007, 11:15 AM

Good find!

Ok, I knew this was something what I had to look up in the dic because I didn't know what you've meant. But I knew it must be something... ummm... interesting. And I was right. :twisted: :D

FP, cool T-shirt, don't forget the picture. :wink:

While I was walking along the Ku'damm in Berlin I saw a cool object and "forced" my friend to take a photo. :wink: She looked at me without understanding and I had to explain why I would love to have that photo. As soon as she have it on her computer I will post it here.

Freypower
09-19-2007, 06:23 PM
A car I see parked a few streets from me has the numberplate NFA 55S.

No Fun Aloud? Ol'55? (In fact I only noticed the 55 yesterday).

SweetHolly
09-19-2007, 10:54 PM
That's really cool FP! 8)

SweetHolly
09-19-2007, 10:57 PM
In the Dallas Morning News today, there was an article about the traffic in Dallas and there was a chart describing about how it's gotten worse and above the chart it said "going nowhere fast."

glenneaglesfan
10-01-2007, 02:59 PM
I had a great day today. First, I passed a van called Eagle Signs on the way to work. When I arrived there was a new notice on the front desk saying "Out of control?" (I won't elucidate here!). Then, my new junior and my boss both said "Take it easy" at the same time, and finally, I was talking to a friend about our kids, and she said of her daughter "All she wants to do is dance"! I laughed out loud, and then had to make a weak claim that it reminded me of a scene in Monty Python. (FP, you will probably know the part I mean. :) )

Glennsallnighter
10-01-2007, 06:33 PM
That is just so cool GEF! What a great day! Here's to wishing you many more of the same!

Freypower
10-01-2007, 07:03 PM
I had a great day today. First, I passed a van called Eagle Signs on the way to work. When I arrived there was a new notice on the front desk saying "Out of control?" (I won't elucidate here!). Then, my new junior and my boss both said "Take it easy" at the same time, and finally, I was talking to a friend about our kids, and she said of her daughter "All she wants to do is dance"! I laughed out loud, and then had to make a weak claim that it reminded me of a scene in Monty Python. (FP, you will probably know the part I mean. :) )

Let me guess. Life Of Brian. Terry Jones as Mandy The Mother Of Brian. '..... that's all they think about'! :twisted:

EasyFeeling
10-02-2007, 03:31 AM
What a great day, GEF. So many Eagles related things. :D

EasyFeeling
10-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Finally I got all the Berlin photos from my friend. :D When we were walking along the Kurfürstendamm (one of the most famous shopping streets in Berlin) we came across this. I "forced" her to take a photo because it rarely happens to me that I get to see Eagles related things. :wink:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/Ungeordnet149.jpg

Brooke
10-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Cool! Is it a real hotel there?

EasyFeeling
10-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Yes, it is.

Glennsallnighter
10-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Woo hoo Hoo EF! That was some find! :D

SweetHolly
10-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Awesome EF! 8)

glenneaglesfan
10-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Let me guess. Life Of Brian. Terry Jones as Mandy The Mother Of Brian. '..... that's all they think about'! :twisted:

Fp, I'd forgotten that bit! I was thinking of the prince in the tower in Holy Grail!

EF, that is really cool! You might be a bit wary about going in there - "you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"!

EasyFeeling
10-03-2007, 02:39 PM
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif
To be honest I haven't thought about to go in to see how it looks inside. :shock: :doh:

Mrs Frey
10-04-2007, 07:15 AM
EF, that is VERY cool. My fellow Eagles-fan friend and bandmate gave me a brochure quite some time ago regarding a real Hotel California, which, as I recall, is in Switzerland. Seems it is a hotel chain! :D

Mrs Frey
10-04-2007, 07:17 AM

I'm a bit late on this, GEF, but what an unbelievable day for an Eagles fan like yourself. If it were me, I would not have been able to wipe the smile off my face all day! :D

Glennsallnighter
10-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Today I was out driving and was reminded not of the Eagles per se, but of a few good fans. Firstly I saw a car number plate with the registration SG...followed by a series of numbers. Almost behind it was a car bearing the plate DF...numbers ..letters. Reminded me of a few Border Friends :D

Freypower
10-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Well, this is sad & I mean sad. Fisher & Paykiel, the whitegoods company, have a website in Australia which is simply fp.com.au. :wink:

glenneaglesfan
10-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Not sad at all! Last year, arriving in Dublin, I saw a company called GEFCO. :)

GA, I like those! :D I'm constantly reminded of friends here if I see number plates like that!

Sexy Girl
10-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Today I was out driving and was reminded not of the Eagles per se, but of a few good fans. Firstly I saw a car number plate with the registration SG...followed by a series of numbers. Almost behind it was a car bearing the plate DF...numbers ..letters. Reminded me of a few Border Friends :D

That was sweet to think of the good fans, GA :D

You mean a license plate like this one??

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x37/SexyGirlMag/SG_LicensePlate.jpg

The funny thing is that I'm living in the Kanton St. Gallen, so the "SG" is a given here :wink:

Mrs Frey
10-05-2007, 07:08 AM
GA, FP, GEF and SG - very cool reminders of the Border regulars and your own user names! 8) FP, that website could have been yours! :shock:

I love your number plate, SG - that's quite amazing, actually! :shock:

Glennsallnighter
10-05-2007, 06:30 PM

That was sweet to think of the good fans, GA :D

You mean a license plate like this one??

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x37/SexyGirlMag/SG_LicensePlate.jpg

The number plate started with the SG, so its quite possible it might have been St. Gallen. Incidently I visited St. Gallen in 1990 and thought it was a beauti ful place. :) You are lucky to live there SG

The funny thing is that I'm living in the Kanton St. Gallen, so the "SG" is a given here :wink:

Sexy Girl
10-06-2007, 06:44 AM
GA, you're right, St. Gallen is pretty - and thank you for the compliment :D
However I live in Rorschach which is close but way smaller. A little town on the lakeshores of the Bodensee.

Perfect Little Sister
10-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Watching Miami Vice (the movie) last night on HBO, I got a kick out of Tubbs saying, "...take it to the limit one more time".

Brooke
10-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Last night watching Desperate Housewives at the beginning when the narrator was explaining why the Wisteria Lane burglar was never caught, she said it was an "inside job" meaning that Carlos was the accidental "burglar". I thought of Don's solo song immediately!

And I don't even really like that song! :roll:

EasyFeeling
10-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Last night watching Desperate Housewives at the beginning when the narrator was explaining why the Wisteria Lane burglar was never caught, she said it was an "inside job" meaning that Carlos was the accidental "burglar". I thought of Don's solo song immediately!

I better don't read here anymore because I don't want to know anything about DH. Still the 3rd season here. :evil: :evil: :wink:

SweetHolly
10-10-2007, 06:02 PM
There's an Arena League Football team in Dallas called the Dallas Desperados.

DonFan
10-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Our minister was sick yesterday so we had a guest preacher. He was preaching on stewardship, and he tried very hard but wasn’t very experienced (or very good), so my mind had begun to wander during the sermon. Suddenly I heard him say, “There is a country song and I don’t know the name of it or even know who wrote it, but there is a line that goes, ‘you don’t see no hearses with luggage racks,’ and that is what I am trying to tell you—you can’t take it with you, so give generously.”

I got a big grin on my face, and I leaned over to my daughter and whispered, “That is a Don Henley song! It's called Gimme What You Got,” and she laughed.

After church I shook the guest preacher's hand, told him I enjoyed the sermon, and told him the line he quoted was from Don Henley and he said, "Don Henley--from the Eagles? I don't think so." My daughter smiled at him & said, "It won't do you any good to argue with my mother about the Eagles. Believe me, she knows what she is talking about." :wink:

Brooke
10-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Haha! Cute DonFan! :D

Glennsallnighter
10-23-2007, 04:56 AM
Thats brilliant!! DF. I challenge any one to argue with you over either The Eagles or Don! I know who'll come off second best :wink:

Mrs Frey
10-23-2007, 06:57 AM
I really enjoyed reading that, DF! :laugh: I can just imagine what the guest preacher must have been thinking when you told him who the singer of the song he'd quoted from was :twisted:. I love the way your daughter stood up for you! 8)

Glennsallnighter
10-23-2007, 07:13 AM

I better don't read here anymore because I don't want to know anything about DH. Still the 3rd season here. :evil: :evil: :wink:

Me neither! We probably won't get series 4 until after Christmas over here!

EasyFeeling
10-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Too funny, DF. :lol:

GA, I have no clue when the 4th season starts here. Hopefully they don't let us wait too long because it's like an addiction for me. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
10-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Too funny, DF. :lol:

GA, I have no clue when the 4th season starts here. Hopefully they don't let us wait too long because it's like an addiction for me. :wink:

EF, they usually run on a Tuesday night over here from New Year until the following June (ish!). Then they release that series on DVD just in time for the following Christmas. I agree it is very addictive and also if you miss even one episode, there are so many changes in the plot that you can get lost quite easily.

glenneaglesfan
10-24-2007, 03:29 AM
Great story, DF! I'm surprised you even managed to concentrate on the sermon after that!

Brooke
10-24-2007, 09:40 AM
As I was getting ready for work this morning a Walmart ad on tv was featuring the Eagles new album and they were playing HL in the background. First time I've seen it! 8)

Glennsallnighter
10-24-2007, 03:48 PM
How cool is that 8) Brooke! It must be great to be living in the States and to be part of the whole build up to the release next week. There's a little build up on our country station, but nothing I've heard of on the major stations.

Maleah
10-24-2007, 06:27 PM
I saw the commercial last night for it Brooke! I nearly jumped up and down! lol

glenneaglesfan
10-26-2007, 04:23 AM
I had a dream last night about seeing Don Henley at a solo concert. I was right at the front, and at the end Don came over and said hello and gave me a Marquette football jersey. Hmmm :?: :)

DonFan
10-29-2007, 10:57 AM
I watch the Today show every morning as I am getting my daughter off to school, and this morning Ann Curry was broadcasting live from ChristChurch....so you KNOW what that reminded me of!

Then they went to commercial and played the new Eagles' Walmart commerical. :D

sodascouts
10-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Today, I forgot to turn off my cell phone when having a meeting with my professor. Mewsical from Rockphiles.com called. Now, what's wrong with that, you may ask? Nothing, except, here's her custom ringtone on my phone:

The band is loose and the groove is right
I'm wired for sound, are you wired for light?
And you're so much woman
I believe we can chug all night!!!

The entire thing played before I could fish the phone out and turn it off. I blushed scarlet as my professor chuckled. "That's HER favorite song, not mine!" I cried sheepishly, then added lamely, "It's not as risque as it sounds." (OK, perhaps that was a stretch of the truth, but I didn't know what to say!)

I'll never forget again!

DonFan
10-29-2007, 07:07 PM
:lol: :blush: :lol:
I'm sure you made your professor's day!

Brooke
10-29-2007, 07:14 PM
:hilarious: That is hilarious Soda! But I'm sure you didn't think so at the time!

sodascouts
10-29-2007, 07:28 PM
:hilarious: That is hilarious Soda! But I'm sure you didn't think so at the time!

Hardly! I was completely mortified! But I have to admit I do see the humor in it, now. lol

Perfect Little Sister
10-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Soda, that's rich! I can imagine how red your turned.

Glennsallnighter
11-04-2007, 10:12 AM
What about this for a number plate I saw yesterday

KNO5GLF

Could the owner if he or she sees this please pm me as regards purchase of same (even the no plate will do!) :wink:

glenneaglesfan
11-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Nice numberplate, GA!

We've been away this weekend to D's sister in Derbyshire. On the way back, passed signs to Henley and Bleadon (ok, that's stretching it a bit! :wink: ) and a car with this numberplate: JW07SAW!

Glennsallnighter
11-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Nice placenames GEF :wink:

Mrs Frey
11-05-2007, 06:31 AM
GA and GEF, I love the numberplates you saw! Particularly KN05 GLF. Glenn's :heart: FULL initials! It wasn't until recently when Brooke posted that mugshot :shock: of Glenn :heart: with his vital statistics listed next to it (in Frey Fever), that I found out what his second name is. It's odd that it wasn't in the books I've read about The Eagles. I've always wanted to know what it was.

By the way, what was Glenn :heart: in trouble for?

Mrs Frey
11-05-2007, 06:34 AM
Today, I forgot to turn off my cell phone when having a meeting with my professor. Mewsical from Rockphiles.com called. Now, what's wrong with that, you may ask? Nothing, except, here's her custom ringtone on my phone:

The band is loose and the groove is right
I'm wired for sound, are you wired for light?
And you're so much woman
I believe we can chug all night!!!

The entire thing played before I could fish the phone out and turn it off. I blushed scarlet as my professor chuckled. "That's HER favorite song, not mine!" I cried sheepishly, then added lamely, "It's not as risque as it sounds." (OK, perhaps that was a stretch of the truth, but I didn't know what to say!)

I'll never forget again!

I'm a bit late on this, Soda, but I thought this was hilarious! :hilarious:

EasyFeeling
11-05-2007, 06:48 AM
I'm a bit late on this, Soda, but I thought this was hilarious! :hilarious:

I've missed that too. Thanks for taking it up again, MF. Too bad if I had missed this. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

Glennsallnighter
11-06-2007, 10:37 AM
By the way, what was Glenn :heart: in trouble for?

I've a feeling it might have been drug related!!
But I could be wrong!

Freypower
11-06-2007, 09:51 PM
From memory he was 'intoxicated in a public place'. :shock:

Mrs Frey
11-07-2007, 07:17 AM

:rofl: I'm sorry, but by today's "standards", that is hilarious! :roll:

I was walking home from work two days ago, when I saw a truck parked in front of my house. On the doors at the back of the truck, I saw what appeared to read "The Allnighter", in exactly the same typeface as on Glenn's :heart: album. I still had 50m or so to cover before I got up close to the truck, but at that point I couldn't believe my eyes. As I got closer, I saw it was a "removals" truck, and I thought, "Oh, how appropriate, an 'allnighter' removals company". Upon closer inspection, however, I saw that it actually read "The Alugutter". :blush: They were in fact an aluminium guttering company! :blush: :blush:

Now am I sad, or what? :shock:

Brooke
11-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Haha, Mrs. F. Now you are even seeing things that aren't there! :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
11-07-2007, 12:20 PM

Well I suppose intoxication involves a drug called 'alcohol' :D

Molly
11-07-2007, 06:26 PM

:rofl: I'm sorry, but by today's "standards", that is hilarious! :roll:

Actually, if he just spent a few hours at the police station, he's lucky. These days, the police don't want to put up with with intoxicated people "sleeping it off" or waiting for someone who will assume responsibility for them to come pick them up from the station -public intoxication will probably earn you an overnight stay in a behavioral health unit in their detox area, alcohol counseling, etc. Not to mention the legal ramifications that are probably still hanging over your head.

Much more traumatic, IMO.

Mrs Frey
11-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Molly, it seems the standards in the USA are a lot higher than they are in my part of the world! I see intoxicated, homeless people roaming the streets on almost a daily basis, and people pretty much just ignore them. It's very sad, but taking the above into account, I just found it absurd that Glenn :heart: got busted for something like that. There are far worse acts that go unpunished these days - people commit murder and go free because they can afford the best lawyers.

Molly
11-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Mrs. F, we have more than our share of homeless people in this country, and you are right, many of them have alcohol or mental problems. It's a shameful and sad problem for any country to have.

I agree with you that there are certainly a lot worse things a person could get in trouble for than public intoxication -I was only saying that back in the day when Glenn had his run-in -he probably got off easier than he would today. I've always wondered why he didn't get off simply with a warning, he looks pretty belligerent in his mug shot-do you think his mouth or attitude actually got him in trouble? (Can't you just picture Eagles management scurrying around and doing damage control, trying to get him the heck out of jail!) He probably spent very little time (and of course, I'm guessing here) actually in police custody. When you think about all the terrible things that could have happened with all those years of partying and drug use -I think Glenn must have a guardian angel looking over him.

These days, in this country, tolerance for public inebriation is very low. The police used to just toss you in a cell area (called the drunk tank) and let a person sleep it off (I have a brother who can tell you what that experience was like back around the same time Glenn had his problem :fingerwag: ). !

I guess my point was, Glenn's probably fortunate that that happened to him 30 plus years ago when attitudes were very different than they are today. My husband and I come from partying backgrounds and yet we preach to our children constantly not to do the same things we did since the consequences of these actions are so much more serious than they were when we were their age.

Bet ya that Glenn says a lot of "Do what I say, not what I did!" to his kids!

glenneaglesfan
11-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Oh gosh, Molly, does that ring a bell. My youngest is on the point of taking his driving test, but when I think back to what I got away with... I just remind him of the sanctions placed on new drivers in the UK. I've also experienced the police bringing back an underaged teenager under the influence, and am very grateful they didn't lock him up, but did he get a talking to. It seems to be a commoner problem over here.

sodascouts
11-09-2007, 08:24 PM
I've always wondered why he didn't get off simply with a warning, he looks pretty belligerent in his mug shot-do you think his mouth or attitude actually got him in trouble?

I think the charges included possession of marijuana, which upped the ante a bit.

Perfect Little Sister
11-10-2007, 02:16 PM
I had to laugh at myself last night. At the risk of showing my age...I was watching "The Birds" on AMC last night when a commercial for "Cool Hand Luke" came on. (it's a movie about a convict and his escape) At one point in the clip they showed a bloodhound running after him and all I could think was "out there in that shiny night with bloodhounds on your mind..." :D

At least I restrained myself from bursting into song. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
11-10-2007, 07:38 PM
I saw Cool Hand Luke! Its Good! And your story is funny PLS!

glenneaglesfan
11-11-2007, 09:38 AM
That's funny, PLS! (Great film, btw).

When I met up with my sister, who knows nothing about the Eagles, she kept coming up with the phrase "and some", which made us both laugh, and of course I thought of Glenn... :D

Brooke
11-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Last night I had to take my car in for it's first oil change. I stopped at the mall for a few minutes afterwards. As I was looking around in the Hallmark store PCHFC came on the overhead speakers! I had to shop a while longer while it played. First time to hear it this year! :D Then in another store You Belong to the City came on. Another store and it played again! A triple shot! :D

Mrs Frey
11-16-2007, 08:36 AM
PLS, GEF and Brooke: what special Eagles moments for you! I really enjoyed reading those! :D

rcknalwys
11-16-2007, 11:15 AM
I was watching my guilty pleasure, Days of Our Lives yesterday, and one of the characters used the phrase " The Long Run".

Glennsallnighter
11-16-2007, 05:05 PM
This is probably scraping the barrel a bit but on the 'Birthday File' on Wednesday morning it was announced that Britain's Prince Charles (next in line to the throne!) was 59 that day. Of course my immediate thought was 'Gosh he was born just the week after Glenn :heart: '
And I know who I prefer :wink:

Glennsallnighter
11-19-2007, 06:32 PM
And this afternoon driving my daughter to her swimming class I was stopped behind a car with a yellow plastic sign on the back window which read ....... SEXY GIRL.......!! :D

Perfect Little Sister
11-26-2007, 08:01 PM
I have a hard time around Thanksgiving every year. Nine years ago, I was devastated by my grandmother's unexpected death the day before Thanksgiving. It's always a struggle for me to get thru the holiday. On Wednesday, I was in the grocery store getting some last minute ingredients for my baking (you'd be surprised how hard it was to find fresh cranberries) and needless to say, I was in a bad frame of mind. As I stepped forward to pick something up from a display I noticed the overhead speaker playing True Love. It made me pause for a second. The weight dropped off my shoulders, a smile spread across my face and I finished my shopping with a lighter step. Music can change so much. :D (thank you Glenn)

sodascouts
11-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Oh, that's wonderful, PLS. Thanks for sharing!

rcknalwys
11-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Isn't it wonderful what a pick me up you can get from just hearing those voices? Hope that made your Thanksgiving a little easier PLS.

I have never seen the Big Lebowski but I had heard there was a running gag in it about the Eagles so while surfing the channels the other night, I found the movie was playing and stopped to watch a little bit of it. I tuned in just in time to see Jeff Bridges riding in a cab when the Eagles came on the radio and yelling "I hate the f....g Eagles!" Guess I'll have to watch the whole movie now.

PS....my apologies for the language, hope I didn't offend anyone.

sodascouts
11-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Isn't it wonderful what a pick me up you can get from just hearing those voices? Hope that made your Thanksgiving a little easier PLS.

I have never seen the Big Lebowski but I had heard there was a running gag in it about the Eagles so while surfing the channels the other night, I found the movie was playing and stopped to watch a little bit of it. I tuned in just in time to see Jeff Bridges riding in a cab when the Eagles came on the radio and yelling "I hate the f....g Eagles!" Guess I'll have to watch the whole movie now.

PS....my apologies for the language, hope I didn't offend anyone.

lol - I posted that clip in the "YouTube" videos thread!

I have always been curious as to whether there was more to the gag than that one scene, but I haven't watched it because it looks like a pretty boring movie. However, if you subject yourself to it, I'd love to know how the gag plays out!

Glennsallnighter
11-27-2007, 05:23 AM
I'm glad Glenn helped you feel better PLS, and hope you had a peaceful Thanksgiving.

As I write this my radio station Country mix has just started to play 'How Long' :D

Mrs Frey
11-27-2007, 07:28 AM
I have a hard time around Thanksgiving every year. Nine years ago, I was devastated by my grandmother's unexpected death the day before Thanksgiving. It's always a struggle for me to get thru the holiday. On Wednesday, I was in the grocery store getting some last minute ingredients for my baking (you'd be surprised how hard it was to find fresh cranberries) and needless to say, I was in a bad frame of mind. As I stepped forward to pick something up from a display I noticed the overhead speaker playing True Love. It made me pause for a second. The weight dropped off my shoulders, a smile spread across my face and I finished my shopping with a lighter step. Music can change so much. :D (thank you Glenn)

I was very touched reading this, PLS. I'm so sorry about your grandmother's passing, and that Thanksgiving is so hard for you each year. I'm glad, though, that hearing Glenn :heart: helped you to feel a bit better. "True Love" is such a special song. Unfortunately, it makes my dad cry, as it makes him think about his 45 years with my mom, who passed away last year. Christmas was a difficult time for both of us last year, and I can't imagine that this year will be any easier, but I think I've mentioned before how much The Border has helped to ease my pain of losing my mom, and I want to thank each and every one of you for your kindness and good wishes. I also want to thank The Eagles - without them we would not have "met".

GA, some nice Eagles moments for you over the last few days! :D

DonFan
11-27-2007, 10:23 AM
The holidays are always difficult after you have lost a loved one.
PLS, I understand how you feel, because my husband's mother died unexpectedly the Monday after Thanksgiving four years ago. On Thursday she was happily eating turkey and dressing surrounded by her family and on Monday she was gone. She was a very dear, sweet mother-in law to me and grandmother to our daughters, and we miss her terribly. Then my own sweet dad was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer the following year and died less than 6 months later in August, so Mrs F, I know how heartbroken you are to have lost a parent. It took several years before we were able to enjoy any of the holidays again because we missed them so much.

As you have mentioned, music is a great comfort. I re-discovered the Eagles the year my dad died and their songs have brought me many, many hours of joy. To this day, if I am stressed or upset about something, all I need to do is hear the first few chords of Take It Easy and I immediately feel better.

Glennsallnighter
11-27-2007, 05:02 PM

I was very touched reading this, PLS. I'm so sorry about your grandmother's passing, and that Thanksgiving is so hard for you each year. I'm glad, though, that hearing Glenn :heart: helped you to feel a bit better. "True Love" is such a special song. Unfortunately, it makes my dad cry, as it makes him think about his 45 years with my mom, who passed away last year. Christmas was a difficult time for both of us last year, and I can't imagine that this year will be any easier, but I think I've mentioned before how much The Border has helped to ease my pain of losing my mom, and I want to thank each and every one of you for your kindness and good wishes. I also want to thank The Eagles - without them we would not have "met".

GA, some nice Eagles moments for you over the last few days! :D

I'm glad we have been able to help you and ease your pain MF! Hopefully Christmas will be easier even in a small way this year for both yourself and your dad.

Mrs Frey
11-28-2007, 08:04 AM
DF and GA - I read your posts earlier today, and was so touched that I cried. Thank you for the support, girls - it means so much.

DF, I remember you mentioning your dad's passing before, and how much it hurt you. I'm glad that music has also helped you through some of the tough times, and hopefully we all help to ease your pain too.

You are all such special people, and deserve only happiness in life! :grouphug:

DonFan
11-28-2007, 10:12 AM
DF, I remember you mentioning your dad's passing before, and how much it hurt you. I'm glad that music has also helped you through some of the tough times, and hopefully we all help to ease your pain too.

Thanks Mrs F--you have--all of you have! More than you will ever know! :grouphug:

glenneaglesfan
12-14-2007, 11:57 AM
PLS, DF and MF, I'm sad to hear about your family losses, and the memories that overshadow times of celebration. It's good to know that music can help cope with the sadness.

On a lighter note, husband brought some Christmas cards home from work, and one was from a colleague and her husband, Glenn! My mind went elsewhere...

EasyFeeling
12-21-2007, 05:51 AM
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

Mrs Frey
12-21-2007, 11:11 AM
GEF, I can imagine where your mind went, girlfriend... :twisted:

Soda, if my mom had asked me that question, I would probably have given her the same answer! :blush: :lol:

How's this for pathetic: about two days ago, I went outside before 06:00 to shake out a mat when I spotted a crow sitting on top of our pine tree. Immediately I thought of Glenn :heart: singing

There's a big black crow
And he's calling you home

in "Somebody"! :lol: :blush:

rcknalwys
12-21-2007, 08:17 PM
I was watching tv the other night and one of the characters said "business as usual"....hmmmm, what could that have reminded me of? lol Ah the little things that put a smile on my face! Put me in the line of pathetic Eagles fans with everyone else :roll: (That's my family rolling their eyes, cause I KNOW everyone here totally understands)

rcknalwys
12-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Oh my, 2 posts in a row for me! Of course it's been a few days and everyone else has been busy with Christmas and our family celebrated early, so I've had more time to watch TV. This morning I caught a character telling someone to "get over it". Of course it wasn't quite the same as hearing Don Henley doing it, but it was still cool. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

sodascouts
12-26-2007, 12:39 PM
I love hearing song titles here and there. My 4-year-old nephew received a "Fast Lane" toy car... and of course the opening riff popped right into my head!

DonFan
12-28-2007, 05:29 PM
My mother and I hit the after-Christmas sales yesterday, and as we were buying half-price Christmas decorations to use next year, I heard a familiar voice and "Boys of Summer" came on the store's music system. I laughed because the store next door was still playing "Please Come Home for Christmas," so I went from Don singing about the holidays to Don singing about summertime in less than five minutes! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
12-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Hey! Thats Life in the Fast Lane for you DF!!

Glennsallnighter
12-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Having had the best part of a week of turkey today we decided to go to Eddie Rockets. The Juke Box had 'River of Dreams' as an option :D . Unfortunately however it was Billy Joel's song :cry: not Glenn :heart: 's

DonFan
12-30-2007, 11:02 PM
Hey! Thats Life in the Fast Lane for you DF!!

LOL!! :D

Glennsallnighter
01-02-2008, 07:00 PM
I don't know how many times I've driven down 'Glendown Road' to get to my parents house. I'd vertainly noted the Glenn :heart: connection, but today my 6 year old commented 'Glendown - that sounds just like Glenn :heart: and Don put together'.

glenneaglesfan
01-03-2008, 06:19 AM
Good one, GA! Did you know the official Eagles Touring Company address is on Glendon Road? Do you think they chose that deliberately? :wink:

sodascouts
01-04-2008, 03:26 AM
Good one, GA! Did you know the official Eagles Touring Company address is on Glendon Road? Do you think they chose that deliberately? :wink:

Heck, I wondered if Azoff demanded they rename the road! ;)

Very cute story, GA!

Glennsallnighter
01-04-2008, 06:20 AM

Yes I noticed that alright on the official website and often wondered the same myself! Kind of Appropriate!