PDA

View Full Version : Andy Williams has died

zeldabjr
09-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Singer Andy Williams has died at age 84....omg I know my mother in heaven is very happy today...she will finally get to meet him...He was her favorite...and I grew up listening to him because of her...He had a beautiful voice...every Christmas his albums were staples in our house...and watching his Christmas specials...a truly gifted singer...he will be missed!!!

Brooke
09-26-2012, 01:33 PM
A great talent, for sure. May he RIP.

sodascouts
09-26-2012, 01:37 PM
My mother played his Christmas albums, too.

RIP!

Topkat
09-26-2012, 05:00 PM
My mom loved him too! I remember hearing "Moon River" in my house, It was one of the first songs I ever sang! He was a wonderful talented man.......RIP Mr. Williams:angel:

SallyGee
09-26-2012, 05:31 PM
He was my mom's favorite too. He was probably the first concert I ever went to. I was about 9 years old.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Well I think we all grew up woth himand his variety show that was on tv.
remember...he found the osmond brothers.

Evertime a singer or muscician passes I just think god needed someone special for his heavenly band.
MAy his soul and all the souls of the faiithful departed rest in peace

zeldabjr
09-26-2012, 07:00 PM
My mom loved him too! I remember hearing "Moon River" in my house, It was one of the first songs I ever sang! He was a wonderful talented man.......RIP Mr. Williams:angel:

Moon River is probably my all time favorite song...It came out the year I was born and my mom loved it...so she used to tell me it was my song...when I started playing piano...the teacher asked me if there was any special song I wanted to learn...I said Moon River...I will always associate Andy Williams with my mom that's why he has always been so special to me.

Glennsallnighter
09-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah, heard that sad news yesterday. May Andy Rest in Peace.

I too love 'Moon River' and we have always laughed at the sentiment in 'Music To Watch Girls By'

Tiffanny Twisted
09-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Hey it isnt christmas without "Its the most wonderful time of the year" being played around here.

Ive always been a dreamer
09-27-2012, 09:09 PM
I loved Moon River as well. It was one of the only songs I ever learned to play on the piano (not very well, mind you). Andy Williams had a wonderful voice and I used to really enjoy his television show. My thoughts go out to his loved ones.

R.I.P. Andy.

GlennLover
09-28-2012, 12:21 PM
I loved Andy Williams too. I remember having some of his singles as small kid. They were given to me by a family friend (I was too young to be buying records on my own) but I remember playing them over & over. Moon River was always a favourite. When I first got an iPod I loaded his greatest hits. It was the only music of that genre that I put on it. Fondly remember his TV show too. RIP Mr.Williams.

Troubadour
09-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Rest in peace, Mr. Williams.