PDA

View Full Version : Artists you'd like to hear Don duet with

Witchy Woman
09-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Don is always in demand by other artists to duet with them. It got me thinking about people I would like to hear sing with him. I've always thought Gary LeVox from Rascal Flatts would be an excellent duet partner for Don. David Pack from Ambrosia is a good one, too. Anyone you'd like to hear duetting with our fabulous Mr. Henley ?

sodascouts
09-28-2012, 09:24 PM
When he played Sarah McLachlan's private party recently, it got me thinking how cool it would be if they sang a duet. Two incredible voices - what could go wrong?

Great idea for a topic!

zeldabjr
09-28-2012, 09:34 PM
wow this list could be a mile long...but Sarah McLachlan is a good start

Tiffanny Twisted
09-28-2012, 11:51 PM
might be easier to make a list of who don has had duets with....

one of my faves is" break each other's hearts again " with reba :):):)

Topkat
09-29-2012, 08:07 AM
I'd love to see Don duet with Kelly Clarkson...She's a powerhouse vocalist & after seeing her on that show DUETS, she can sing with anybody! I think she & Don could have a very interesting & cool sound...:smokin: HOT

Ive always been a dreamer
09-29-2012, 12:07 PM
might be easier to make a list of who don has had duets with....

one of my faves is" break each other's hearts again " with reba :):):)

TT - I think we may already have a thread for that. lol

As far as males - I would like to see him duet with Keith Urban. For females, I think it would be interesting to see him team up with Beyonce.

Topkat
09-29-2012, 12:34 PM
I also wouldn't mind a duet with John Rich, especially now that they are in contact, & are possibly writing together, this one may actually happen :pray:

sodascouts
09-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Yes, I think it very well might!

I like it when Don sings with ladies, though, and it seems from what we're hearing most of the duets on his upcoming album will be with men.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-29-2012, 12:59 PM
ya know I dont care who he sings with as long as he sings and records it and releases it on a cd. lol

I"ll listen to anyone!! he deems worthy of recording with and working with.I'd be a happy camper:thud:

zeldabjr
09-30-2012, 01:31 AM
I know this is highly unlikely but I would like to hear him sing with Lady Gaga...She really has a strong beautiful voice and I think would sound great with him....style wise I don't know, but sometimes different styles just work together...I saw her sing with Tony Bennett and it was great...you never know right?

Witchy Woman
09-30-2012, 08:24 PM
I like the way you think, Zelda. Lady Gaga is a very interesting choice. As far as the ladies are concerned, I also put my vote in for Pat Benatar. That song would be kick ass !!

zeldabjr
09-30-2012, 08:50 PM
I like the way you think, Zelda. Lady Gaga is a very interesting choice. As far as the ladies are concerned, I also put my vote in for Pat Benatar. That song would be kick ass !!

yeah another great choice...I think she would out power him though...another one I thought of is Cyndi Lauper...what do you think?

Witchy Woman
09-30-2012, 10:22 PM
yeah another great choice...I think she would out power him though...another one I thought of is Cyndi Lauper...what do you think?

I like that. Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart come to mind, also 8)

zeldabjr
09-30-2012, 10:31 PM
I like that. Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart come to mind, also 8)

especially Ann!

EaglesKiwi
10-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Oleta Adams - she was on the second(?) Tears For Fears album - I think her voice would be amazing with Don's.

k.d. Lang would be incredible too.

Witchy Woman
10-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Agreed. Of course, I'm totally ashamed I forgot the ultimate diva - Cher !!

zeldabjr
10-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Oleta Adams - she was on the second(?) Tears For Fears album - I think her voice would be amazing with Don's.

k.d. Lang would be incredible too.

I don't know Oleta Adams but adore k.d. Lang's voice...sounds like velvet...would be amazing with Don

Troubadour
01-08-2013, 06:07 PM
I agree that K.D. Lang would be awesome! Also perhaps Lyle Lovett, John Hiatt, Kris Kristofferson, Beth Hart, Gregg Allman... they could all create a gorgeous country/blues vibe. I'd also die of happiness if he did something with Crosby, Stills & Nash! I could imagine Don and Graham Nash working on a song together. Don's huskiness with Graham's harmonies... :smitten:

Houston Debutante
01-08-2013, 06:27 PM
I know Don has covered Too Far Gone live, but has he ever done a duet with Emmylou Harris? They would sound terrific together.

sodascouts
01-09-2013, 07:01 PM
How about Adele? Now that would be something!

EagleLady
01-09-2013, 07:03 PM
This is out there, but Lady Gaga. I love her.

Topkat
01-10-2013, 09:33 AM
I would love a duet with Adele. I think they would sound amazing together

Troubadour
01-10-2013, 02:01 PM
I totally agree with the suggestions of Adele and Emmylou Harris! Both incredible female vocalists.

zeldabjr
01-10-2013, 04:55 PM
I think Don would sound amazing with anyone...the question should be..who wouldn't you want to hear him with..

Houston Debutante
01-14-2013, 03:16 PM
No offense to EagleLady but I wouldn't want to hear him sing with Lady GaGa. I hate her.

And I'd rather he duet with women than men. We hear him sing with men all the time in the Eagles so hearing him with women is different and plus romantic.

tjrrockandrollmaster
02-19-2013, 01:32 AM
I know he duetted with Roger Waters on Roger's Amused to Death album and Don superbly sang David Gilmour's parts of "Comfortably Numb" at the charity concerts Henley and Waters did together. I'd like to see Mr Henley work with David Gilmour (though Gilmour is in retirement now sadly pretty much due to death of his Pink Floyd colleague and friend Rick Wright). Gilmour and Henley duetting would be superb and then Mr Gilmour adds his blinding guitar solos (one can dream, can't he). Plus Gilmour is a huge Eagles fan and actually persuaded Glenn Frey's kid to not quit playing guitar.

Troubadour
02-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Great info, Terrence - thanks! A Henley/Gilmour collaboration would pretty much be my idea of heaven, too. We can dream, can't we? ;)

Houston Debutante
02-19-2013, 05:35 PM
That would be fabulous.

Freypower
02-19-2013, 07:51 PM
If you say Gilmour, then I say Mark Knopfler, given that Don once sang I'm The Fool. I am extremely biased in this area but I think they'd sound good together.

And then there is Van Morrison. Again they would sound good together. The - er - MOOD would be interesting. :eyebrow:

Troubadour
02-19-2013, 08:11 PM
I love both of those suggestions, FP. Both incredibly unique vocalists.

EagleLady
02-19-2013, 08:20 PM
No offense to EagleLady but I wouldn't want to hear him sing with Lady GaGa. I hate her.

And I'd rather he duet with women than men. We hear him sing with men all the time in the Eagles so hearing him with women is different and plus romantic.

None taken but I think if Gaga can do a duet with Tony Bennett, She can most certainly do one with Don.

Houston Debutante
02-20-2013, 03:47 PM
I don't think their voices would mesh well. JMHO.