PDA

View Full Version : Montalvo, Saratoga, CA - 9/30/2012

VAisForEagleLovers
10-01-2012, 10:21 AM
A picture from last night's show...

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/joe/1.jpg

Ive always been a dreamer
10-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks again for keeping on top of this stuff, VA.

JeffC
10-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Great Show last night. I was in the second row a little to the left. I won a meet and greet with Joe. I was a bit nervous as I was taken back stage before the show. Once I got into his dressing room he was really down to earth. He shook my hand and asked me where I was from. I told him that I had recently moved out here (Bay Area) from Colorado. He talked about how he lived in Nederland and Boulder in the 70's. I told him it is nice in the Bay Area but now I feel poor. He joked that he moved from Colorado to LA and he feels poor also. He asked me about the fires in Colorado and then his photographer took some pictures. I will post when I get them. He signed my ticket and gave me three of his guitar picks.

10-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks so much for letting us know about your M&G, Jeff. That is so awesome. If you weren't already before, I know you are probably a fan for life now. I can see how Joe would make you feel very comfortable. BTW - were you the only one that won the M&G or were there others there as well?

JOE WALSH ROCKS!!! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Great Show last night. I was in the second row a little to the left. I won a meet and greet with Joe. I was a bit nervous as I was taken back stage before the show. Once I got into his dressing room he was really down to earth. He shook my hand and asked me where I was from. I told him that I had recently moved out here (Bay Area) from Colorado. He talked about how he lived in Nederland and Boulder in the 70's. I told him it is nice in the Bay Area but now I feel poor. He joked that he moved from Colorado to LA and he feels poor also. He asked me about the fires in Colorado and then his photographer took some pictures. I will post when I get them. He signed my ticket and gave me three of his guitar picks.

That is so cool, Jeff! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see the pictures.

sodascouts
10-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Wonderful! It sounds like you did just fine with Joe. Looking forward to the photos!

JeffC
10-01-2012, 12:45 PM
I was the only one at the meet and greet so it made me more nervous. I sat backstage for about 15 minutes waiting until Joe's manager Smokey took me to his dressing room. There was a food, dessert, and drinks but I was too nervous to eat or drink. Once in Joe's dressing room, Smokey was there along with a photographer. He took four pictures that I will load as soon as they I get them. More than 12 hours later I am still "buzzing".

sodascouts
10-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Wow - you had him all to yourself? And they took you into his dressing room? This just gets cooler and cooler!

What was the dressing room like? I've always been curious.

Brooke
10-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Wow JC! Lucky you! Can't wait to see the pics! :thumbsup:

JeffC
10-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Here is a picture of this beautiful venue and where Joe and his band were back stage at the Villa. Joe's dressing room was the second window from the right. The Villa is right behind the stage. I did not pay attention to his dressing room probably because I was nervous. We took the pictures by the window. I will post as soon as I receive them.

mustangkim11
10-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Jeff, I'm glad you enjoyed the show and that Joe was so cool and down-to-earth. Can't wait to see your pix.

zeldabjr
10-01-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm sitting here reading about all this with my jaw on the floor!...I've never heard of anything so cool...and that place looks amazing and I know the concert was awesome...I wonder how long it will take you to come down to Earth with the rest of us?:laugh:

JeffC
10-01-2012, 09:52 PM
I still can't believe it as the e-mail came at 11am the day before the show and this is the first time that I have won anything:

Congratulations! You have won ONE Meet & Greet pass to the following Joe Walsh Show show:
DATE: 9/30/12
TIME: 7:00 PM
CITY: Saratoga, CA
VENUE: Montalvo Arts Center
** If this is not the Meet & Greet you registered for, or you are unable to attend, please notify us immediately by responding to this email.
Please read the below carefully for all of the important details you will need for attending your Meet & Greet.

JeffC
10-01-2012, 10:04 PM
I had to take a picture of the picture with my cell phone as the size of the original picture was too big.

sodascouts
10-01-2012, 11:00 PM
What a terrific photo! Thank you so much for posting it. Awesome!

zeldabjr
10-01-2012, 11:18 PM
wow JC you must have been in shock when you got that email that you had won...the pic of Joe and you is great!...thanks for letting us in on your big event!:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
10-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Congratulations Jeff! I just knew that Joe would be down to earth and make you feel comfortable. That's the kind of guy he seems like he would be. Great pic. You've got memories to treasure for the rest of your life!

Oh yeah, and welcome to The Border!

zeldabjr
10-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi PM...love the new sig...and is that avi new too?....love it too!

Brooke
10-02-2012, 04:33 PM
JC, that is all just too cool! I can't imagine being the one and only person at a meet & greet! I wonder why there weren't more people there?

Thanks for sharing all this with us! And how was the show? How long did it last? Inquiring minds here! :lol:

10-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Thanks again for all of the info and pictures on the M&G, Jeff. As everyone already said, what an experience for you. I'm pretty sure you won't ever forget that evening! :thumbsup:

mustangkim11
10-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Wow! What a great pic, Jeff! Thanks for sharing it with us! :nod:

Prettymaid
10-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Hi PM...love the new sig...and is that avi new too?....love it too!

Thanks Zelda! I just brought the sig out of my arsenal :mrgreen: and the avatar is a fairly new photo...from the beginning of September.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-06-2012, 08:58 PM
great picture and it sounds like you had an excelent adventure,
I was wondering how you won the meet and greet?
I saw that you got your tx on craigs list,
It just sounds like it was a night to remember and I am so happy for you.
thanks so much for posting the great picture.:thumbsup:
keep posting:computer: