PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars

lizzyplays
10-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Do we have a thread on this already? I have no clue how to search and I didn't want to wade through pages of topics....

But, hopefully I'm not the only person with this guilty pleasure!! So, who's watching the All Star season and who is your favorite?

My favorite is Apolo Anton Ohno. Not sure if he will win, but I think he'll get top 2 or 3 at the very least.

sodascouts
10-03-2012, 12:04 AM
With the board was new, a member started a thread on the British version Strictly Come Dancing, but this is the first for the US version!

(FYI: The search page is here (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/search.php) and accessible by a link on the menu bar.)

I've never watched more than a segment or two before, but tonight I happened to have the TV on when they were doing some of their "defining moments of past shows" playbacks and I was really impressed! I wish I could move like that! I give all the contestants major props.

lizzyplays
10-03-2012, 12:27 AM
I think this season is fun to watch because they all are already pretty good since they've done this before. I could watch the professionals dance all day long, stars or no stars. They are beyond amazing!

Brooke
10-03-2012, 09:18 AM
I've watched it a few times and am amazed at their dancing abilities. I wish I could do that!

Too bad that Pamela Anderson got booted last week....NOT! :lol:

I just hate to get caught up in these reality shows. They take up too much time! I swear I'm not watching AI again even though Keith Urban is a judge and I love him!

GlennLover
10-03-2012, 11:13 AM
I've watched most seasons. I really enjoy this show. It's hard to pick favorites, but right now I'm rooting for Gilles. I appreciate the high standard of dancing this season. It has been surprising who has ended up in the bottom two so far.

lizzyplays
10-03-2012, 12:23 PM
LOL Brooke... I don't even know why she would agree to do it again.. she had to know that she was no good. I guess sometimes ego takes over and they count on fan votes to make up for skill. That being said, there probably weren't too many *excited* teenage boys watching to vote for Miss Pam....

I tape the show so I can just zoom through and watch what I like. That way, I'm not necessarily devoting my entire Mon and Tue nights to it.

Two going home next week... I predict: Bristol and Kelly

It should be Bristol and Kirsty, but we all know she's not going just yet...

I got into the dancing so much, that I was seriously considering taking lessons, for fun, exercise and a great social avenue. But, the prices.... yikes!! Maybe I need to hunt around some more and I'm not saying skilled dance teachers shouldn't make what they make, but would be nice to find like a group class or something with an affordable rate, just to learn some basics.

Brooke
10-03-2012, 02:36 PM
I got into the dancing so much, that I was seriously considering taking lessons, for fun, exercise and a great social avenue. But, the prices.... yikes!! Maybe I need to hunt around some more and I'm not saying skilled dance teachers shouldn't make what they make, but would be nice to find like a group class or something with an affordable rate, just to learn some basics.

I think that would be so fun, but hubby...not so much! Big baby! I would love it!

lizzyplays
10-03-2012, 03:52 PM
I think that would be so fun, but hubby...not so much! Big baby! I would love it!

Who needs to take a hubby when you got those hot male professionals?? LOL

(just kidding!):hilarious:

Brooke
10-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Hey, I hadn't thought of that! :hilarious:

Witchy Woman
10-03-2012, 07:26 PM
The only reason to watch, AFAIC.......

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae260/Jack_Bauer24/1294682684_maksim-290.jpg

Yum !!

zeldabjr
10-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Ok WW...I've never watched( am I the only one in the country?)...so who is this?

lizzyplays
10-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Ok WW...I've never watched( am I the only one in the country?)...so who is this?

That's Maksim Chmerkovskiy... one of the professional dancers from the show... and obviously, he's SMOKING HOT!!!:pimp::drool:

Prettymaid
10-09-2012, 08:37 PM
I just hate to get caught up in these reality shows. They take up too much time! I swear I'm not watching AI again even though Keith Urban is a judge and I love him!

Say what? :hmm:

Who else is judging this year?

Tiffanny Twisted
10-10-2012, 10:05 AM
I"m not watching this year for some reason.

Just havent had the time.

Been reading more I guess

zeldabjr
10-10-2012, 07:17 PM
I've never seen it but every week I get a blow by blow of it all from my friend ...whether I want it or not...she keeps me in the know about everything I never cared to know!...l heard that Bristol Palin did not get the boot...and should have (according to my friend)...see I don't even need to watch...
I don't know what it is...she is constantly on me to watch this show...and I always tell her..."not gonna happen"...then she says " if one of the Eagles was on it you'd watch"...and I say "no way in H..l...then it would be time to jump off my balcony" lol.....I watch Monday Night Football...

VAisForEagleLovers
10-10-2012, 07:52 PM
I've never seen it but every week I get a blow by blow of it all from my friend ...whether I want it or not...she keeps me in the know about everything I never cared to know!...l heard that Bristol Palin did not get the boot...and should have (according to my friend)...see I don't even need to watch...
I don't know what it is...she is constantly on me to watch this show...and I always tell her..."not gonna happen"...then she says " if one of the Eagles was on it you'd watch"...and I say "no way in H..l...then it would be time to jump off my balcony" lol.....I watch Monday Night Football...

I refused to watch the show until Hines Ward was on it. So when it would pop up on FB that he was on, I'd turn it on and rewind a bit, watch him then turn it off. I did watch the last two shows in their entirety. I haven't watched it since.

lizzyplays
10-10-2012, 10:04 PM

LOL Bristol SHOULD have been booted, but apparently ALL Of Alaska and maybe parts of the Russia her mama done seen are voting to keep her on the dang show!! It's an outrage. Not that I'm even mildly upset over this. :-)

I'm still watching but simply cus the dancing from the professionals is AMAZING and then some! I don't really give a rat's patootie about what stars on on each season, although I am enjoying this special season since it's all past winners, etc.

I'm still hoping to see Apolo win it all but we'll see....

sodascouts
10-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Say what? :hmm:

Who else is judging this year?

That was my reaction, too!

AI's new judges are Keith Urban, Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, and Randy.

I know this because of the Stevie Nicks debacle we talked about in her thread!

lizzyplays
10-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Argh... I had to sit through 2 hours of Paula Abdul as a guest judge. Thankfully, she wasn't too overbearing.

Several great dance routines last night. I'm clueless as to who will go home tonight! I'm guessing the least popular... even though I wish it was Bristol. I don't think I'm going to enjoy the show until Bristol is off! :hilarious:

sodascouts
11-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Just happened to catch the tango by Gilles Marini (https://www.google.com/search?q=gilles+marini&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=kuF&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=a3uYUNDcCpS09gSekoGYCQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=981&bih=429) tonight, and OH MY GOSH, it was SO. FREAKING. HOT. I have a new crush!

:pimp:

lizzyplays
11-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Just happened to catch the tango by Gilles Marini (https://www.google.com/search?q=gilles+marini&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=kuF&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=a3uYUNDcCpS09gSekoGYCQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=981&bih=429) tonight, and OH MY GOSH, it was SO. FREAKING. HOT. I have a new crush!

:pimp:

He's had quite a few freaking hot dances! You should go and youtube the back episodes of this season!! He's quite a fabulous dancer!

GlennLover
11-06-2012, 09:01 PM
He's gorgeous!!!

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/1Cdn/images.jpg

zeldabjr
11-06-2012, 09:13 PM
all I can say is WOW:drool:...who is this?