PDA

View Full Version : online dating

zeldabjr
10-12-2012, 11:19 PM
just curious...a friend thinks it's a good idea....family says no....anyone ever know of anyone who has tried it...:confused:

EaglesKiwi
10-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Yes, I know of at least two couples that are now in long term relationships who met online. (Here in New Zealand).

There are wonderful people out there - but there's also a lot of dishonesty. Don't be afraid - BUT be very careful. I'm sure there's a list of safety precautions online somewhere. :)

sodascouts
10-14-2012, 11:49 PM
One of my close friends has been married to a guy she met through an online dating service for 10 years now, and they're very happy. She encouraged me to sign up for one.

So I did - I signed up for eHarmony. However, I feel very uncomfortable with it and I've only interacted with a handful of people on there. The interactions are so contrived and I haven't ever thought "Wow, this guy seems like someone I can't wait to meet!" I don't plan on renewing.

Midnight_Flyer
10-15-2012, 06:12 AM
i met my boyfriend online and he is the best thing that has ever happened to me :) but just be careful of who you meet

Glennsallnighter
10-15-2012, 06:04 PM
I think its probably worth a try, but at least for the first few meetings I would suggest they be in a public place such as a bar or restaurant or gallery or something, as opposed to meeting in someones home.

lizzyplays
10-16-2012, 12:02 PM
It's like most anything else.. it can be good or bad. Being careful is the main priority and as previously mentioned, meeting in public places at first would be ideal. I know several people in long relationships, that met online and then I know some horror stories. I'd say it's worth a try a least! Might get lucky and find the one....

Outlawman13
02-25-2013, 06:48 PM
LOL I haven't done this in a long time, but I did once. I met a guy from Portugal on it and was "dating" for 2 years, but I wanted something other than just talking. He never had the money to come over here and my parents forbided it. LOL so I just stayed away from it.