PDA

View Full Version : Why I enjoy Don's music....

FanOfHenley
05-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Unlike most of the substanceless fluff that alot of "artists" are putting out there, these days....

Don's lyrics actually have meaning.

Even before his solo career this was true. (ie "The Last Resort")

I'm eagerly anticipating his next solo project, as well as the upcoming Eagles album, whenever the spirit moves them to release it. :roll: :D

Ive always been a dreamer
05-23-2007, 06:58 PM
First of all, welcome FOH. We're glad to have you here on The Border. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

I love many of Don's lyrics too. Put them together with his awesome voice, and WOW!

I think many of us are looking forward to the next Eagles album. Hopefully, it will be out this year. As far as another solo project for Don, that could be a long time coming at the pace he works. :wink: But you never know - as they say, anything is possible with these guys.

glenneaglesfan
05-24-2007, 04:24 AM
Welcome to the Border, FOH! It's nice to have you here. I agree that Don's writing, both with the Eagles and as a solo artist, has a lot of depth, and it also stands the test of time. Some of the stuff being put out today is trite and unmelodic, to say the least.

FanOfHenley
05-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've been posting over at Eaglesfans for about a month and thought I'd give this site a whirl.

Lookin' foward to future discussions.

Maleah
05-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the boards!! :D As you can tell, I am a huge fan of Don's as well........for pretty much the same reasons. I don't get tired of listening to his music because most of it is so well thought out.

SweetHolly
05-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Welcome! I can listen to Don's music forever. I can pretty much listen to any of the Eagles music and their solo stuff forever. 8)

sodascouts
05-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Welcome from me, too, FOH!

I've always found Don to be a terrific songwriter. I was just commenting to Perfect Little Sister last week how a lot of Don's lyrics paint word-pictures; that kind of sophistication is more than you'll find in a lot of current tunes, that's for sure.

DonFan
05-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Welcome, FOH! I agree completely about Don's songwriting.

Actually, for me it is the entire package--the incredibly intelligent lyrics, beautifully sung, by a man who is drop-dead gorgeous.

Pretty much sums it up, right there. 8)

SweetHolly
05-25-2007, 04:21 AM
Welcome, FOH! I agree completely about Don's songwriting.

Actually, for me it is the entire package--the incredibly intelligent lyrics, beautifully sung, by a man who is drop-dead gorgeous.

Pretty much sums it up, right there. 8)
It's the entire package for me too. Plus we're both Texans and he lives in Dallas just like me. :D 8)