PDA

View Full Version : Where Would You Like To Visit?

zeldabjr
10-21-2012, 08:50 PM
I've been thinking of this a long time...and two places I'd like to visit are the UK...especially London...and anywhere in Ireland...I fell in love with London back when Prince Charles married Diana...and still want to visit...and Ireland looks like the most beautiful place...
and I'd love to see California...LA, San Francisco, the redwoods in northern California, the Pacific Ocean,...you name it I want to see it in Cal.

Freypower
10-21-2012, 10:09 PM
I've been lucky enough to have seen a lot of places in the US & UK. Europe is the place I need to rediscover. Most of my travels in Europe where when I was 11/12.

The number one place on my list is Russia & it always will be. When I was a kid it was Japan. For places in Europe I need to go back to, they are Spain, Portugal & Italy. I don't believe I will ever go to Ireland because my husband is English & he would not set foot there (I refer to the Troubles in Northern Ireland).

In the US I'd like to go back to Chicago, New Orleans & New York & I would like to see the New England autumn foliage.

Unfortunately I am now probably too old to go to Africa or South America, or China. I could write about this forever, but won't.

sodascouts
10-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Too bad your husband still lives in the past, FP. Ireland is magnificent, and the County of Kerry is one of the most beautiful areas I've ever visited, right up there with Southern Italy's Amalfi Coast.

I've been fortunate enough to visit many places all around the world, but I've never been to Israel or Russia (although I've been to Romania and Moldova). Those are both places I'd like to see one day.

Witchy Woman
10-21-2012, 10:21 PM
I've always loved and been fascinated with the British, so definitely first on my list would be London. I'm Irish, so Ireland is a must see, too. China, Japan, and Russia are on the list also !!

As far as the US, the only places that I've wanted to go but haven't been are LA and Boston. I'm looking forward to making these a realization soon !!

Koala
10-22-2012, 12:21 AM
I would like to visit Australia, since I am a child. I have collected every little article about Australia and have seen any information broadcast or travelogues on TV!

WalshFan88
10-22-2012, 12:28 AM
LA/Sunset Strip, Vegas, Antarctica, London.

Just for fun, places I've been:

Nashville, Alaska, Vancouver, Bahamas, NYC, Chicago, Memphis, Seattle, Branson, St. Louis, Ft. Myers, Naples, Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, Iowa City, Tunica.

Freypower
10-22-2012, 12:34 AM
I would like to visit Australia, since I am a child. I have collected every little article about Australia and have seen any information broadcast or travelogues on TV!

Any particular place?

zeldabjr
10-22-2012, 12:55 AM
I forgot about the Grand Canyon...and I'd love to see Mt. Rushmore...there are so many beautiful places right here in our own country that I'd love to see...and I'd love to go to NYC and really do all the touristy things...

I keep thinking of places...Alaska and Italy....still more to come I'm sure

Over the last few years I've had several dreams that I visited Chicago...so maybe I'm meant to go there one day!...I've heard it's a beautiful city...

Brooke
10-22-2012, 02:00 PM
I would love to travel extensively, but my husband really could care less. He doesn't understand me at all on it. Getting him out of Missouri is quite a feat! I hope to talk him in to doing some of it, at least, someday.

I'm most interested in seeing all of the sights in the US such as the Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, the Black Hills, Sodona, Niagara Falls, NYC, LA (and all of the Eagles related sites along the way including the Hotel California, Troubadour, Sunset Grill, Pacific Coast Highway, and the Canyons!) Boston and New England in the fall. And of course, I want to stand on the corner in Winslow, AZ! I'm sure there are more, but these come right off the top of my head.

As for Europe, I'd love to see London, Ireland, Switzerland, and Italy and maybe the pyramids in Egypt.

I've been to Montego Bay, Jamaica; Cancun, Mexico; Miami, South Beach, and Tampa, Florida. Branson, Osage Beach, St. Louis, Kansas City, Chicago, Austin and San Antonio in recent years. Many years ago as a teenager I got to go on a 4-H trip with a bunch of other teenagers out east to Washington DC and Gettysburg and Lancaster, PA. I loved it and would like to go again, but the others top my list.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Well I'm pretty lucky - I been pretty much everywhere I'd like to go in the U.S. with a few exceptions - I still need to see Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone National Park. And Brooke - it didn't cross my mind until you mentioned it, but I also need to stand on the corner in Winslow, Arizona. I've also been to Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.

But as much as I've traveled, I've never left the North American continent (I'm counting the Caribbean as part of North America). At the top of my bucket list is to plan an extended trip to Europe where I can visit as many countries as possible.

Henley Honey
10-22-2012, 05:30 PM
and I'd love to go to NYC and really do all the touristy things...

I'm ready whenever you are Z. We'll paint the town!!! Dreamer has a few plays on her bucket list so we should try and work it out!!

Prettymaid
10-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Believe it or not, my dream trip for the past year and a half WAS to go to Virginia, where my dream of seeing some other eagles would have been realized. As some of you know, I became addicted to a bald eagle's nest live web cam at Norfolk Botanical Garden in April of last year. When the female bald eagle was killed by an airplane at the the airport next door, the three eagle chicks were taken the the Wildlife Center of Virginia on the other side of the state where they were raised and released. Visiting these two places was a huge goal, until they took the nest down earlier this month on the advice of the USDA Wildlife Services. I still plan to go and visit the wildlife center, and I'll probably go to the garden too, but it just won't be the same. :-(

Hubby does not like to fly, so we are limited to where we travel. We still have so much to see, because our trips are usually limited to a day to a day and a half's distance by car. This past February my SIL took me with her on a trip for two to the Dominican Republic that she won at work. As beautiful as it was down there, I could not fully enjoy it because of the huge difference in our personalities and lifestyles.

zeldabjr
10-23-2012, 03:29 PM
PM...so interesting about those "other" eagles...feel so bad about the momma...those poor little babies...I can see why you'd want to go visit...It's amazing how attached we get to these "cams"...My sister got me hooked on the Shiba Inu puppy cam...this couple in San Francisco raise these dogs and the puppy cam is absolutely addictive...

zeldabjr
10-23-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm ready whenever you are Z. We'll paint the town!!! Dreamer has a few plays on her bucket list so we should try and work it out!!

I'm ready...Central Park, Staten Island Ferry, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building, Metropolitan Museum of Art (just one of a million museums), Times Square (although I did see that this summer:-D), Broadway shows, shopping, Grand Central Terminal, Lincoln Center, Tiffany's, Wall St, 911 memorial, Chelslea Market,...I could go on all day I think...it's a start!....oooo I forgot the Brooklyn Bridge...

Troubadour
10-23-2012, 03:59 PM
There are so many places I would love to see! I have been very lucky so far in my travels, but India and Japan are high on my list at the moment. I would also love to do an extended tour of Europe. Austria, Norway, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy... I have always had a thing about Sicily.

As for America, I'd love to go north east next. New York, Boston, Chicago... I'd also love to go somewhere really wild, like way out in the middle of nowhere in Alaska or Canada! That would be amazing.

zeldabjr
10-23-2012, 04:02 PM
I mentioned LA...of course that would have to include an "Eagles tour"!

lizzyplays
10-25-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm ready...Central Park, Staten Island Ferry, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building, Metropolitan Museum of Art (just one of a million museums), Times Square (although I did see that this summer:-D), Broadway shows, shopping, Grand Central Terminal, Lincoln Center, Tiffany's, Wall St, 911 memorial, Chelslea Market,...I could go on all day I think...it's a start!....oooo I forgot the Brooklyn Bridge...

Y'all need to let me know when this trip happens, cus I'm like zelda, I want to do the entire NY touristy thing... I've been all over NY state, but never to NYC!

Henley Honey
10-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Anytime, LP!!! If you schedule and Z's don't mesh then we can just plan a separate trip for you. I already know you like my "cooking" and I know your cab-diving skills are up to snuff!! You have an open invitation! :thumbsup:

10-26-2012, 12:37 AM
Believe it or not, my dream trip for the past year and a half WAS to go to Virginia, where my dream of seeing some other eagles would have been realized. As some of you know, I became addicted to a bald eagle's nest live web cam at Norfolk Botanical Garden in April of last year. When the female bald eagle was killed by an airplane at the the airport next door, the three eagle chicks were taken the the Wildlife Center of Virginia on the other side of the state where they were raised and released. Visiting these two places was a huge goal, until they took the nest down earlier this month on the advice of the USDA Wildlife Services. I still plan to go and visit the wildlife center, and I'll probably go to the garden too, but it just won't be the same. :-(

Hubby does not like to fly, so we are limited to where we travel. We still have so much to see, because our trips are usually limited to a day to a day and a half's distance by car. This past February my SIL took me with her on a trip for two to the Dominican Republic that she won at work. As beautiful as it was down there, I could not fully enjoy it because of the huge difference in our personalities and lifestyles.

PM - if you decide to come to Virginia, you'll have to let me know. I have an open house, too. Even if a visit wouldn't work for you, maybe we could plan to meet up. I'd love to meet you.

Prettymaid
10-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Absolutely Dreamer. I wouldn't come to VA without letting you know.

My dillemma is that the Wildlife Center of Virginia is not open to the public. They are a teaching hospital and have open houses (that fill up very quickly) in the spring and fall. It's very difficult to plan a vacation based on that. But I'm going to try. I would also like to visit historical Williamsburg, and any other place you Virginians recommend.

EaglesKiwi
10-27-2012, 05:29 AM
Italy is at the top of my list. I'd like to travel all round Europe & the UK (it's our "long term goal" for when our youngest finishes school).

My husband would like to take me to Tasmania - he lived there for a few years, and we're both keen to do the rail trip up through the middle of Australia (from Adelaide up to Darwin).

We also want to see more of New Zealand and show the kids some more of the country. New Zealanders have a very bad habit of travelling overseas far more than within their own country, and we are both guilty!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-27-2012, 07:31 PM
yOu know NYC always sounds like fun..especially with you guys. I did it when I was 18 and went for a big trade show for hairdressers(in my other life) and got flashed in grand central station.lol.. We had so much fun...but that was ions ago.
I know overseas would be fun but there are so many places here to be seen first i think

Glennsallnighter
10-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Well I'm quite the opposite to many of you in that I have been to many European countries and cities, including England, Wales, France, Spain, Greece, Germany, Holland, Italy, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Hungary and Portugal. As well as Finland (Lapland) when the kiddies were small and we went to see Santa Claus.
Also been to Tunisia in North Africa, and I worked in Boston (with a weekend in NYC) in 1989.
And of course more recently I've been to Niagara Falls and LA to see a certain musician do his thing!

So whats on the 'bucket list'?

I would love to do a really good tour of the USA, and see all the places I've read about and heard about but not gotten the chance to see yet. That would include New England in the Fall, the Grand canyon, Aspen, Atlanta (have a thing about Gone With The Wind) to name just a few places. I'd also like to see the sun set over the Pacific. And Hawaii.

Cold places...... I'd love to go to see the penguins in Antarctica and do some photography there too, but I'd say if I get to Iceland I'd be lucky.

And I'd also love to visit Australia - not just this coming February!

Outlawman13
02-25-2013, 06:41 PM
I would love to visit Europe someday. Just do lots of traveling and exploring this world.

Prettymaid
04-18-2013, 10:54 AM

Well, the nice thing about having realistic goals is that they might just happen! As I post this we are en route to Virginia. In addition to visiting my beloved Wildlife Center of Virginia and going to a Jack Hanna show, I am also going to realize a long time dream (no pun intended) of meeting our very own Dreamer! It's going to be a great time!

NYC Fan
04-18-2013, 11:50 AM
I've been lucky enough to be able to travel quite a bit over the years. I made Europe a priority in my 20's, as I thought it was good to do as much as I could then. We backpacked around Europe for 8 weeks after college and then tried to go back to places I liked over the years. I've also been to Australia, but sadly only had 3 weeks, so did not get to New Zealand.

In the last few years, I've spent a week in Tuscany, a week in the Scottish Highlands and 2 weeks on the Amalfi Coast. This year I'll be spending 10 days in England. London and the Southwest coast. Going to Highclere Castle, Bath, Dorset and around that area.

I'd love to see Russia someday and also get back to Greece. I've been to Prague, but would love to do a trip that includes Budapest (my grandmother was born there), Vienna, maybe Prague again and possibly up into Poland.

Would also love to do the Grand Canyon and some of the Western States. I've traveled extensively on the East Coast, but not as much out West. Although I did get to go to some of the national parks in southern Utah a few years ago, and have been to Sedona, Jackson Hole and Grand Teton National Park. All are spectacular.

If anyone ever wants to see New England in the Fall, go to Vermont around Columbus Day and just meander around the state. It's so beautiful. I was lucky enough to live in Burlington for 2 years, about 7 years ago and I LOVE Vermont. It's one of the most beautiful places I've been and has such a great vibe. Coastal Maine in the Summer is also lovely. Every bit as New England as you would imagine it to be.

Great thread, with good suggestions from everyone!

NYC Fan
04-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Well, the nice thing about having realistic goals is that they might just happen! As I post this we are en route to Virginia. In addition to visiting my beloved Wildlife Center of Virginia and going to a Jack Hanna show, I am also going to realize a long time dream (no pun intended) of meeting our very own Dreamer! It's going to be a great time!

Have a fantastic time! Sounds like so much fun.

zeldabjr
04-18-2013, 12:33 PM
oh PM so happy for you...I'm sure you will have a great time and you will love Dreamer...safe travels!!!...can't wait to hear all about it!!!

prayfordaylight
04-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Have a wonderful trip and I know you'll have a good time with dreamer!

Brooke
04-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Pm, that's great! Have fun!

NYC, you are very well traveled and I certainly envy you! I'd love to travel more. Mostly the US, but if I get to see everything I want to here, then I would love to see England and Ireland. Maybe someday. :sigh:

Glennsallnighter
04-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Well I would love to see you visit Ireland Brooke! We'd have to meet up, like Soda and I did last June.

NYC fan, you have indeed been to so many places. Did you make it here when you were backpacking?

I can no add a 'proper' trip to New York to my list of places I've been to!

Come on Glenn :heart: do a solo show in one of the paces I'd like to see! Just can't quite make Hawaii this time. Work commitments!

NYC Fan
04-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Well I would love to see you visit Ireland Brooke! We'd have to meet up, like Soda and I did last June.

NYC fan, you have indeed been to so many places. Did you make it here when you were backpacking?

I can no add a 'proper' trip to New York to my list of places I've been to!

Come on Glenn :heart: do a solo show in one of the paces I'd like to see! Just can't quite make Hawaii this time. Work commitments!

GA

I did make it to Ireland when I was backpacking and then one other time. When we backpacked, I spent some time in Dublin and then we headed across to Kerry. A friend had family in Killorglin, so we stayed there and saw a good bit of Kerry. I actually have really vivid memories of watching Live Aid in a pub in Killorglin :) I think we sailed into Cork that time from Le Havre. The other time I went, I went to Galway and then we headed up through Westport and spent a good bit of time in Ardara. I loved the Northwest. It was so rugged and picturesque.

Of course, I loved all of it and would go back again in a heartbeat. It's an incredibly beautiful country.

Brooke, I hope you do get to go someday! I would love to go back. I feel like I still have so much to see there.

04-18-2013, 09:05 PM

I'm very excited that I'm going to be able to meet PM and her hubby during their trip to Virginia. Can't wait for tomorrow night. Travel safe, PM.

And zelda and PFD, thank you both for your sweet comments. You are both sweethearts and I am glad I have had a chance to meet both of you!

Glennsallnighter
04-19-2013, 07:44 PM
GA

I did make it to Ireland when I was backpacking and then one other time. When we backpacked, I spent some time in Dublin and then we headed across to Kerry. A friend had family in Killorglin, so we stayed there and saw a good bit of Kerry. I actually have really vivid memories of watching Live Aid in a pub in Killorglin :) I think we sailed into Cork that time from Le Havre. The other time I went, I went to Galway and then we headed up through Westport and spent a good bit of time in Ardara. I loved the Northwest. It was so rugged and picturesque.

Of course, I loved all of it and would go back again in a heartbeat. It's an incredibly beautiful country.

Brooke, I hope you do get to go someday! I would love to go back. I feel like I still have so much to see there.

You picked lovely places to visit NYC fan! I worked in Clifden in the West of Ireland which was in Galway and quite near to Westport. Its what I call 'River of Dreams' country.
I'm glad you have such good memories of our little Isle.

Dreamer and PM (and PM's hubby of course) have fun meeting up. I had a great time when Dreamer and I shared a room in Fallsview.

lizzyplays
04-19-2013, 10:56 PM

Count me in too!!!!!!!! pretty please :-)

04-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Well, it was an absolute pleasure meeting PM and her hubby on Friday night. They are a great couple and we had a wonderful visit. I just wish we had had more time, but that just means we'll have to do it again sometimes. PM and hubby, hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and had a great time here in Virginia. Safe travels home.

And GA - you were a fantastic roomate in Fallview and I really hope we can do it again sometime as well.

And looks like we may have to consider a New York Borderer gathering sometime as well. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
04-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Maybe we could do our first "Borderer convention" up there! Either there or Chicago.

Glennsallnighter
04-24-2013, 09:04 AM
I hope so too Dreamer!

Great idea Soda and Dreamer!

Outlawman13
04-24-2013, 11:19 PM
Great idea ladies!! I would love to meet you guys.

Dyan61
05-08-2013, 10:34 PM
You all so should do a meet up if you can, it would be fab to get to know each other personally....I'd be in if I could swim that far lol!

Houston Baby
05-16-2013, 08:44 PM
I am going to Chicago the week of 4th of July. This is my first trip to the Windy City and I would love to hear everyone's suggestions of things to see & do. Also restaurant suggestions. I don't want to miss any Chicago "must do" - who knows when I will be back there. So any suggestions & tips would be greatly appreciated! :help:

Prettymaid
05-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Sorry I can't help, HB. I'm 2 1/2 hours south of Chicago, but we never go there, unless it's for a concert. But I hope you get some good suggestions and have a great time. What brings you to my neck of the woods?

Houston Baby
05-16-2013, 11:15 PM
Thank you anyway PM! I am sure we will have a wonderful time. It seems like a great city. I have an itinerary going but I always like to get people's opinions/suggestions. I am meeting my cousin from FL and his family there for some vacation/visiting time. We try and take a vacation together every year or two. It is always so much fun and we all love to sightsee so it makes for a great time and learning experience.

Brooke
05-17-2013, 02:29 PM
HB, I've only been to Chicago once to sight see so I can suggest a few points, but I'm sure there are others here that can do better.

You must see the view of the city from the Sears Tower (now called Willis Tower). It's awesome!

I can never say enough about the Field Museum. I could easily spend a whole day there. There is a huge Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton on display, tons of Egyptian mummies and indian artifacts, jewels, and lots of wildlife and bird exhibits.

The Art Institute is cool. I loved seeing actual Rembrandt, Van Gogh, and Monet paintings.

You must go to Uno's for Chicago style pizza! Loved it!

Google Chicago. There's tons more to see and do!

Topkat
05-17-2013, 07:31 PM
I too have been lucky to have traveled quite a bit when I was younger. I backpacked my way through Europe when I was 19. I did an 8 week trip, & I spent 2 weeks in Italy, seeing Rome, Florence & Venice, then to Paris, Germany, Belgium, Amsterdam, Switzerland, Holland, & London with a pit stop in Iceland (this was on Icelantic Airlines....I may have forgotten something in there, but it was a long time ago. I had a total blast with my best friend. As an art major in college, I loved seeing all the amazing artwork throughout Europe
Later, I had the opportunity to return to Italy, this time to Milan, & northern Italy when I worked for an Italian company, & went there on business, but I did have some free time there.

I have also vacationed in Freeport, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Jamacia, Aruba, Turks & Cacios, Cancun, Guataloupe, & the Canary Islands.

In the states, I have been to Arizona, Colorado, California, Wisc, Nashville, Florida, Chicago, Washington & a few other states on the east coast.
I did a road & camping trip with a friend from LA, driving through the Grand Canyon, Utah, the Colorado River, & into Vegas.

Where do I want to go???? Singapore, Tahiti, Hawaii, Tokyo & the Greek Islands....

Houston Baby
05-17-2013, 11:37 PM
Thanks so much Brooke for the suggestions! I really appreciate it! We do have the Field Museum on the list as I have a 10 year old nephew going and he has already checked it out online. We may never get him out of there! We are also going to the Museum of Science and Industry.

Since Houston has a wonderful Museum of Fine Arts and also Contemporary Art Museum, I was going to forego the Art Institute. However I am hearing from several people that it is a must do and now you have added your vote. I think I will reconsider and go at least for a few hours.

And thank you for the pizza place recommendation. I am looking forward to trying Chicago deep dish style pizza. I LOVE cheese!!

Willis Tower is on the list too! I just hope I am not exhausted for the Louisville concert! It will be go, go, go while I am in Chicago which is typical of one of my vacations! :crazy: I am even trying to figure out if I will have time to take the Louisville Slugger tour before the concert!

NYC Fan
05-17-2013, 11:41 PM
HB, I've only been to Chicago once to sight see so I can suggest a few points, but I'm sure there are others here that can do better.

You must see the view of the city from the Sears Tower (now called Willis Tower). It's awesome!

I can never say enough about the Field Museum. I could easily spend a whole day there. There is a huge Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton on display, tons of Egyptian mummies and indian artifacts, jewels, and lots of wildlife and bird exhibits.

The Art Institute is cool. I loved seeing actual Rembrandt, Van Gogh, and Monet paintings.

You must go to Uno's for Chicago style pizza! Loved it!

Google Chicago. There's tons more to see and do!

These are all great suggestions. The Willis Tower has that platform you can stand on, which is very cool.

I've also heard the architecture boat tours are great. And of course, if you're a baseball fan, a trip to Wrigley field would be fun. I saw a concert there last September and we were on the field. They let us take pictures touching the ivy, which was pretty cool.

Have a great time! Chicago is one of my favorite cities in the US. So much to do, and a lot of diversity. Easy to get around, as well.

zeldabjr
05-19-2013, 01:22 AM
I guess this if for our new friend Ward...or anyone else who has visited the Netherlands...I just saw the most amazing picture of something called "The Moses Bridge"...Have you ever seen it?...

StephUK
05-19-2013, 07:32 PM
The place I most want to visit is Pompeii; it's history fascinates me.

I'd like to see a lot more of Italy, as I've only been to Venice and the Neopolitan Riviera.

Houston Baby
05-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Thanks NYC Fan for the advice! I really appreciate your suggestions. I am planning to get on the platform at Willis Tower HOWEVER we will see how long I stay on it! :nervous:

And I have heard the same thing about the CAF boat tours so I will definitely do that.

We are going to a Cubs game on July 5th. I would LOVE to touch the ivy but I guess that will not be happening unless I run onto the field. And I guess if I run on the field, I would probably be arrested and then I would miss the Louisville concert. Yeah, I can't see that happening! NO WAY!!

The Cubs will be playing the Pirates. Isn't there someone here on The Border that kinda supports the Pirates? Anyone? Anyone! :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Thanks NYC Fan for the advice! I really appreciate your suggestions. I am planning to get on the platform at Willis Tower HOWEVER we will see how long I stay on it! :nervous:

And I have heard the same thing about the CAF boat tours so I will definitely do that.

We are going to a Cubs game on July 5th. I would LOVE to touch the ivy but I guess that will not be happening unless I run onto the field. And I guess if I run on the field, I would probably be arrested and then I would miss the Louisville concert. Yeah, I can't see that happening! NO WAY!!

The Cubs will be playing the Pirates. Isn't there someone here on The Border that kinda supports the Pirates? Anyone? Anyone! :hilarious:

I can't imagine who that would be!! I know TBF is a Cubs fan. Be sure to wear your Black and Gold!

Houston Baby
05-19-2013, 10:17 PM
I can't imagine who that would be!! I know TBF is a Cubs fan. Be sure to wear your Black and Gold!

OMG VA! If I wear Black and Gold to the Cubs game I will end up BLACK & BLUE!! :hilarious:

NYC Fan
05-20-2013, 06:03 PM

Have a great time at the Cubs! I'd love to see a ballgame there. Seeing a concert there was fun, but there is nothing like a baseball game on a Summer day/night. Sounds like you have a fun trip planned!

TimothyBFan
05-20-2013, 06:42 PM

Wear that blue and red proudly!!!!! I will warn you tho---it takes a LOT of guts to be a Cubs fan if you're so inclined to jump on the wagon.
:hilarious:

ETA--- I just realized what day you said you're going. I think I might be there also. I believe that's the day that my nephew said he got our tickets for this year. Once a year, a group of us become Bleacher Bums at Wrigley (that is THE place to see the games from).

As for places to visit while you're in town--- Did anyone mention Navy Pier? That's awesome in the summer time.

Brooke
05-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Wear that blue and red proudly!!!!! I will warn you tho---it takes a LOT of guts to be a Cubs fan if you're so inclined to jump on the wagon.
:hilarious:

OMG, that is for sure!

I can't think of which might be worse, blue and red or black and gold! Maybe you should venture south to baseball heaven in St. Louis and check out those magnificient red and white Cardinals while in the area! :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-21-2013, 03:06 PM
OMG, that is for sure!

I can't think of which might be worse, blue and red or black and gold! Maybe you should venture south to baseball heaven in St. Louis and check out those magnificient red and white Cardinals while in the area! :hilarious:

Don't do it, HB!! Stay away from St. Louis! Ha, my Buccos are only two games behind the Cards, we'll catch 'em.

There's a preview of the Pirates/Cubs tonight and the next couple of days in Da Burgh, HB.

Houston Baby
05-21-2013, 09:34 PM
TBF & VA - I think I better pick out some neutral colors! :hilarious:

TBF - Let me know if you do attend this game. I would love to meet you & put a face to a name. PM me when you find out. I am in the Infield Upper Deck. And I would love to be a bleacher bum for the day, that would be so much FUN! We are definitely going to Navy Pier. I want to ride the Ferris Wheel & also the extreme speedboat.

Brooke - I'm sorry, as a life long Astros fan, I can't convert to the Cards - NO way, NO how! The pain of so many, many games lost to St. Louis thru the seasons is too fresh in my mind! :scowl: The Cards ALWAYS seemed to have the Astros' number. :brickwall: However I would like to visit St. Louis. :thumbsup:

Thanks VA, Brooke, TBF - you gals are serious @ your teams and I like that!! :hilarious:

zeldabjr
05-21-2013, 09:55 PM
I so want to go to California...I have a friend in Santa Monica who actually rents her house out to vacationers...hmmm?...I sent for a California Visitor's Guide...I got it and can't put it down...so many things to do...and so many beautiful places...it's my dream...
oh and my friend said to me..."is there a map to Timothy B Schmit's house in there"....does she know me or what?...lol

TimothyBFan
05-22-2013, 08:50 AM
There's a preview of the Pirates/Cubs tonight and the next couple of days in Da Burgh, HB.

Yeah, well that didn't go so well for my boys last night. :hilarious:

Wait till tonight when my boy Jeff takes the mound. Gonna kick some Buc butt!!!!! :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
05-22-2013, 08:53 AM
TBF - Let me know if you do attend this game. I would love to meet you & put a face to a name. PM me when you find out. I am in the Infield Upper Deck. And I would love to be a bleacher bum for the day, that would be so much FUN! We are definitely going to Navy Pier. I want to ride the Ferris Wheel & also the extreme speedboat.

Thanks VA, Brooke, TBF - you gals are serious @ your teams and I like that!! :hilarious:

I will do that. He was over yesterday and I forgot to ask him. Said something to hubby last night and he said he thinks it's later in the season. I know I have the 5th off but maybe I did that just to make a long weekend out of the 4th. It's heck getting old and forgetting things. :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Yeah, well that didn't go so well for my boys last night. :hilarious:

Wait till tonight when my boy Jeff takes the mound. Gonna kick some Buc butt!!!!! :thumbsup:

I came out of my chair at that grand slam! From a pinch hitter. You know, usually those guys pop-up or something and it makes you wonder if it was worth pulling the pitcher. Not last night!

Brooke
05-22-2013, 03:24 PM
I have a niece touring Europe and one in Australia! Of course, I'm :jealous:

They are on some kind of college study thing! I don't know how these things work, but it sure makes me wish I could do that!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-22-2013, 03:57 PM
At this point, I'd be happy to visit any place that's not infested with Brood II cicadas. The noise is driving me crazy.

zeldabjr
05-22-2013, 04:01 PM
At this point, I'd be happy to visit any place that's not infested with Brood II cicadas. The noise is driving me crazy.

really?...I've heard of them but don't really know anything about them...

VAisForEagleLovers
05-22-2013, 04:14 PM
I'll put some pictures in the picture thread.