PDA

View Full Version : Timothy Duets with Buffy Ford Stewart on her new album!

timfan
11-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Timothy has sang with Buffy Ford Stewart on the title track of her new album "Same Old Heart" which was released Sept 30th. Purchasing info for the CD is on her website (http://www.buffyfordstewart.com/).

The song is up on Youtube as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJmI5lGceOQ&feature=player_embedded

Tiffanny Twisted
11-04-2012, 11:42 AM
thanks for posting. I found that very intresting.
I was just looking up john stewart the other day for his song Gold which stevie sang on with him and it mentioned his wife.
very intresting lyrics.
thanks again

zeldabjr
11-04-2012, 01:30 PM
I had never heard of her or her husband...I just googled and found that her husband was a member of The Kingston Trio...bingo...the connection for Timothy I guess...

sodascouts
11-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Great find. Thanks! I will have to buy this song!

One question - has she always had such a tremulous voice or is it age-related?

Freypower
11-04-2012, 05:41 PM
I had never heard of her or her husband...I just googled and found that her husband was a member of The Kingston Trio...bingo...the connection for Timothy I guess...

John Stewart also had a couple of big solo hits, July You're A Woman and as mentioned Gold which featured Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham. He's no longer with us. I didn't know his wife was also a musician.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stewart_(musician)

zeldabjr
11-04-2012, 07:26 PM
I didn't think I knew who John Stewart was but I listened to the song "Gold" and I do remember it...

Tiffanny Twisted
11-04-2012, 07:43 PM
i saw him in Philly at the Bejou cafe off broad street so many years ago. my friend was a dj in the philly market and he hooked, me up.
He was awsome to see and I only wish at that young age that I had had a camera with me .

sodascouts
11-04-2012, 09:28 PM
John Stewart also wrote the Monkees hit "Daydream Believer."

He was a big influence on Lindsey Buckingham and they became very close. In addition to "Gold," Lindsey appeared on several more of his songs. He's so prominent on "Spinning of the World" it's like a duet. Stevie appears on far fewer of his songs but you can really hear her on "Gold". In fact, "Gold" was actually about Lindsey and Stevie's meteoric rise to fame and fortune through Fleetwood Mac - when Stewart heard about how much they were making he said "You're turning music into gold."

zeldabjr
11-05-2012, 12:46 AM
can't find anywhere to buy just the TBS song...

Tiffanny Twisted
11-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Nancy,
thanks for the info....
I really enjoyed him when I saw him.
I think I just might spring for the whole cd...
I really like her voice ..
He wanted her to sing with him thats how they met..
She was a singer in her own right before they met..
See...so many things are connected and interwined in our lives that its scarey

TimothyBFan
11-05-2012, 09:49 AM
I will buy just the song if I can but, truthfully, not my thing. Her voice drives me a little nuts.

Do love her husband tho. I have a couple of his albums from way back.

Freypower
11-05-2012, 05:58 PM
can't find anywhere to buy just the TBS song...

Have you tried iTunes?

zeldabjr
11-05-2012, 08:04 PM
yeah I checked itunes and Amazon...

sodascouts
11-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Maybe she hasn't made it available. I'd like to just buy the one song, too, instead of the whole CD. She seems like a sweet lady but her voice... well, it's not my cup of tea.

WalshFan88
11-07-2012, 06:08 AM
Cool!

sodascouts
11-12-2012, 11:01 PM
So, I just ordered this from her website. I am a completist and I want the Timothy song, so I figured I'd shell out.

Get this: 6-8 weeks for delivery! Dang!

timfan
11-13-2012, 08:22 AM
Geesh! Well glad you'll have the song anyway even if it does take an eon or two to get there ;)

zeldabjr
11-13-2012, 09:51 PM
I have a feeling I'm gonna end up ordering it too!

Tiffanny Twisted
11-14-2012, 12:55 PM
So, I just ordered this from her website. I am a completist and I want the Timothy song, so I figured I'd shell out.

Get this: 6-8 weeks for delivery! Dang!
is this the only place to get the cd??

zeldabjr
11-14-2012, 01:18 PM
is this the only place to get the cd??

I'm not sure...I did look on Amazon and they didn't have it...

sodascouts
11-14-2012, 01:44 PM
I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Tiffanny Twisted
11-14-2012, 03:57 PM
ok thanks...guess i'll order too for the xmas stocking lol if it takes that long

sodascouts
11-16-2012, 07:47 PM
So much for 6-8 weeks. I got it today!

Tiffanny Twisted
11-16-2012, 08:00 PM
thanks soda.
I will have to order it and put it aside for when JAHH says I dont know what to pur in your stocking
Thanks again lol:lol:

Graham Bennison
02-15-2013, 07:43 AM
Buffy's album Same Old Heart is available at Amazon.com, iTunes, Global Recording Artists.

www.buffyfordstewart.com

Graham Bennison
02-17-2013, 10:47 AM
I will buy just the song if I can but, truthfully, not my thing. Her voice drives me a little nuts.

Do love her husband tho. I have a couple of his albums from way back.

Music tastes inevitably differ. John Denver loved Buffy's voice......listen to Sweet Surrender.

timfan
02-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Thanks Graham for letting us know that Buffy's album is available on Amazon/Itunes and welcome to the Border!

A secondary note.. for those who didn't want to purchase the whole album (like me lol :) ), the song itself is also now available on Amazon and Itunes

zeldabjr
02-17-2013, 12:53 PM
oh good thanks for the info!...will get it

Troubadour
02-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the info!

Graham Bennison
02-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Article from Marin Independent Journal. :angel:

http://www.marinij.com/lifestyles/ci_22632812/lib-at-large-buffy-ford-stewarts-healing-new.

Brooke
02-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Wow, she has been through a lot!

beachgal
03-03-2013, 05:02 AM
I have known of John since his trio days and got to know of Buffy about 1969 when I was going around listing to most of John's own concerts after leaving the trio in the late 60's. I knew John's brother Mike who founded the group We Five. We Five recorded at A&M Records where I worked for quite a few years. I highly recommend you look up John's work on Spotify and listen to lots of it. His Phoenix Concert LP was seminal along with his California Bloodlines LP among those of us playing/writing and making music in the 70's.

For those who don't know, Shana Morrison who also sings on Buffy's new CD is a wonderful singer/songwriter from Marin Co, Cali as well. She is the daughter of Van Morrison and often tours with her dad. She can be heard quite often now on various Wen night's on line live streaming at www.Tristudios.com (http://www.Tristudios.com), the wonderful state of the art studio Bob Weir of the Greatful Dead/Furthur/RatDog, etc. took on line in 2012. Shana also has worked many gigs with the John Stewart Band since John's passing.

Buffy's new CD is very good. Her voice has remained beautiful all though the years. I look forward to hearing Timothy B. team vocals with many other artists, esp now that he is feeling well again. Was very happy to hear and read his posting that his surgery was a total success and he is recovering. He certainly sounded good in LV Dec, 2012. I look forward to his solo CD he has been working on reaching completion so all can hear!

Beachgal

Tiffanny Twisted
03-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Article from Marin Independent Journal. :angel:

http://www.marinij.com/lifestyles/ci_22632812/lib-at-large-buffy-ford-stewarts-healing-new.

thanks for posting the article..i so enjoyed it and I loved the Day dream believer duet..:thumbsup:

sodascouts
03-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Welcome beachgal - sounds like you've had some cool times! I really enjoy John Stewart's work, too. I got into him after seeking out his work with Lindsey Buckingham. Thanks for the info!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Thanks and welcome from me as well, BG.