PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!

Brooke
11-20-2012, 02:50 PM
I probably won't have much Border time tomorrow as I will be busily working on the house and dinner, so I wanted to wish everyone here a very Happy Thanksgiving! I count you all as blessings and enjoy your friendships so much! And I hope each of you have a wonderful time with your loved ones!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Family/Greetings/2turkeys.gif

Grey Sadler
11-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my new Border friends!!
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/c0.0.320.320/p403x403/602360_527082057320010_644423866_n.jpg

Witchy Woman
11-21-2012, 12:25 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone !! Enjoy your day !!

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/4898/thacar5.jpg

Tiffanny Twisted
11-21-2012, 08:49 AM
cute :hilarious:
happy turkey day...gobble gobble to you wobble wobble
blessings to all my border buddies and their loved ones
tt

WalshFan88
11-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I'll be heading to the airport in a few hours to head to Florida. I'll have dinner there tomorrow with my grandma/stepgrandpa and then when I get back home we'll have our regular family meal with my parents and whatnot.

zeldabjr
11-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I'll be heading to the airport in a few hours to head to Florida. I'll have dinner there tomorrow with my grandma/stepgrandpa and then when I get back home we'll have our regular family meal with my parents and whatnot.

have fun Austin...and hope you have a smooth flight!!!

EaglesKiwi
11-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Save travels, Austin (& everybody else doing the trip to be with family!).

Have a happy Thanksgiving (& a cast-iron digestion!).

Grey Sadler
11-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Ok, our Thanksgiving theme tomorrow is now "we're having roast, get over it" :)

Menu planned: roast + gravy, broccoli supreme, baked sweet taters, green beans (I can't do the casserole version :-x), sourdough stuffing, cranberry sauce (from a SQUARE package yet), deviled eggs :partytime:, and an improvised recipe (from my late friend J I used to work with) for "chocolate chip cake"...
enhanced with some organic cabernet...

I realize now that I'm gonna be busy tomorrow.
And we've already started drinking ("Cold Gin" sunrises :hilarious:)

Prettymaid
11-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American Border buddies! I was fascinated reading about all the food prep in the WHIYL thread. I dislike food prep and cooking...guess I take after my Mom...but of course I do cook a little and am happy and proud of myself when stuff comes out tasty.

Anyway, I like what EK posted in reply to VA's descriptive post about handmade noodles. She said, "I hope everybody tastes the love in that."

I hope everybody's day is filled with family, friends, fun and delicious food!

sodascouts
11-22-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm lucky in that I don't have to do a thing but help Mom and Dad. It's so nice to visit home! I wish everyone who celebrates it a very Happy Thanksgiving!

GlennLover
11-22-2012, 01:02 AM
To all my American friends I wish you a very
http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o522/buddychange12/THANKSGIVING/HAPPY20THANKSGIVING2.gif

zeldabjr
11-22-2012, 03:35 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my US border friends...

have a great day with family and friends...enjoy whatever you're doing today! I have so much to be thankful for this year!..

special wishes to my four favorite men!...hope they have a wonderful day with their families!

Glennsallnighter
11-22-2012, 04:37 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to ally lovely American friends! I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day with all your families and friends.

And of course that wish also goes out to our four boys, Glenn :heart:, Don, Timothy and Joe! And their families!

Topkat
11-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Giving thanks for all my new friends On The Border!!
Enjoy the day!:thumbsup:

Glennhoney
11-22-2012, 09:13 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL THE AMERICAN BORDER PEOPLE...

Tiffanny Twisted
11-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American Border buddies! I was fascinated reading about all the food prep in the WHIYL thread. I dislike food prep and cooking...guess I take after my Mom...but of course I do cook a little and am happy and proud of myself when stuff comes out tasty.

Anyway, I like what EK posted in reply to VA's descriptive post about handmade noodles. She said, "I hope everybody tastes the love in that."

I hope everybody's day is filled with family, friends, fun and delicious food!

a kindered spirit..i dont like cooking either guesss casue I am bad atit .lol
yes everyone should taste the love in the noodles:hilarious:

Tiffanny Twisted
11-22-2012, 10:32 AM

Menu planned: roast + gravy, broccoli supreme, baked sweet taters, green beans (I can't do the casserole version :-x), sourdough stuffing, cranberry sauce (from a SQUARE package yet), deviled eggs :partytime:, and an improvised recipe (from my late friend J I used to work with) for "chocolate chip cake"...

amy you crack me up :rofl:

well since its just us. I picked up my roatiery turkey breast and they even sliced it for me.
I cheated and bought ready made stuffing for JAHH from the salad bar to put on the plate with the bird.( remember I am allergic to wheat and gluten so I wont be making it here)
ANd my friend at work who is a fantastic cook..made me a whole tray of mac and cheese with gluten free pasta....(SHe loves me...she's Lucas' other godmomma) It is so good others at work were eating it on tues cause it was warm when she brought it in)
I also bought myself the sweet potatoes but with my tooth...I ate it last nite cause it was so soft and Idint have to chew it.
So I hope everyone has a great day with family and friends,
remember.....love the one you're with...
over look the bs and just love

SallyGee
11-22-2012, 11:33 AM
I am so grateful to have found this board. Thank you all for making me feel so welcome. Thank you for listening when I needed to vent. Thank you for sharing your stories. Thank you for your kind words. Thank you for the smiles you brought to my face.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! I hope you enjoy your day with loved ones!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-22-2012, 11:35 AM

GS, we never have the oven space for green bean casserole, so I do it in a pan on the stove. Tastes the same, just doesn't look as good, but we serve everything buffet style, so it doesn't matter.

What is a 'cold gin' sunrise?

VAisForEagleLovers
11-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all our American Borderers (and for those outside the US that might be thankful for something today)!!!

sodascouts
11-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Oh no! I just discovered I forgot to pack my loose pants for Thanksgiving! This could get ugly! Lol

Lisa
11-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!

Brooke
11-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Today I'm thankfully relaxing with not much to do except what I want to do! I'm also thankful that I am NOT going shopping today!

I had two very busy days preparing the feast, so it's really nice to do nothing. :smile:

Ive always been a dreamer
11-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Well I didn't get a chance to post here earlier, so I guess it's better late than never. I hope all Borderers here in the U.S. had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We certainly have so much to be thankful for in this country. This time every year, I am always reminded of these lyrics from a beautiful Don Henley song ...

For every moment of joy
Every hour of fear
For every winding road that brought me here
For every breath, for every day of living
This is my Thanksgiving

Grey Sadler
11-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Well I didn't get a chance to post here earlier, so I guess it's better late than never. I hope all Borderers here in the U.S. had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We certainly have so much to be thankful for in this country. This time every year, I am always reminded of these lyrics from a beautiful Don Henley song ...

For every moment of joy
Every hour of fear
For every winding road that brought me here
For every breath, for every day of living
This is my Thanksgiving

So true....:thumbsup:

My "big" Thanksgiving is actually on Sunday...we're cooking again & taking food to see my dad's family...hopefully there's not as many "allergy no-no" dishes there (I pushed it a little with my deviled eggs, I think :blush:)

Another thing I'm thankful for...that my family can get along (after me not seeing them for a long stretch)...my aunts & uncles even invite my mom (their ex-SIL) :D