PDA

View Full Version : Shopping successes

EaglesKiwi
11-21-2012, 04:42 AM
Since the season is ramping up, I thought a new thread to share or celebrate shopping successes could be fun...

I hate clothes shopping, hate hate hate it. But have been looking online over the last couple of months, trying to find something I love. Went onto Sportscraft's (Aussie clothing chain) website yesterday, and almost managed to choose something, but had to go get ready for work instead. In the meantime the laptop battery died... so when I plugged it in this morning it brought up the same page. I hit "refresh" and - 30% of everything today only!

So I got everything I wanted (I'd been tossing up between a pretty floral shirt and a pair of capri pants & ended up getting both, plus 3 belts & a t-shirt - even the sale stuff had 30% off!). Went to check out, and the site deducted 10% sales tax since the order was being shipped out of the country - and since I'd spent over a $ value (cough cough) I got free shipping too. :partytime:

I could get used to online shopping!

Tiffanny Twisted
11-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Ek
thats great.
I love a bargan.
I scored Rolling stones hoodies vintage at macys on sale for two hard to buy people on my list. Usually the last this year the frst.
oh what a feeling.

EaglesKiwi
11-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Oh yes, I love feeling that you've "nailed" a gift for someone hard to buy for . Takes so much stress out of the season! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
11-21-2012, 04:33 PM
I must say, I find Amazon great for all those American cd's and DVDs that Laura wants! And if they don't deliver outside the US, there's always her fairy Godmother HH!

zeldabjr
11-23-2012, 02:18 AM
so now instead of "Black Friday"...it's turned into "Black Thursday"...saw on the news tonight...all the lines with the stores opening Thursday evening and even Thursday morning?...anyone out there into shopping on Thanksgiving?...

EaglesKiwi
11-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Oh, that just sounds wrong!

SallyGee
11-23-2012, 09:34 AM
I feel so sorry for the workers. I can't imagine going to work after that big dinner, and leaving your family. So wrong. And this year Thanksgiving was so early, there is plenty of time to shop!

Brooke
11-23-2012, 10:45 AM
I agree, it's really ridiculous! Sure glad I don't work in retail anymore! And I feel sorry for those that do, but I guess somebody's gotta do it.

Remember when there were no stores open on Sunday? Loooong time ago!

Henley Honey
11-23-2012, 11:07 AM
I must say, I find Amazon great for all those American cd's and DVDs that Laura wants! And if they don't deliver outside the US, there's always her fairy Godmother HH!

I'm polishing my wings and magic wand!

zeldabjr
11-24-2012, 01:33 AM
needed a new purse to take to Vegas...found one I love but it's not practical...so I bought a different one that was more practical but I didn't like as well....still kicking myself that I didn't get the one I really love...maybe I need two new purses?...lol

Tiffanny Twisted
11-24-2012, 09:34 AM
yep two would work for me lol

thats what i do if i cant make up my mind

Glennsallnighter
11-24-2012, 07:56 PM
I feel so sorry for the workers. I can't imagine going to work after that big dinner, and leaving your family. So wrong. And this year Thanksgiving was so early, there is plenty of time to shop!

I see the same thing happening over here in the retail industry. When I was a kid Shoos closed early on Christmas Eve, remained closed for Christmas Day, the day after, and possibly even another day. Now they close late Christmas Eve and are already opening back at 9am on the 26th.

I think that's crazy. How can a store worker really relax on Christmas Day with work as normal hanging over them for the next day. (as we don't have Thanksgiving Christmas is our big feast here)

Tiffanny Twisted
11-25-2012, 12:03 PM
well I bought something for JAHH and I dint have sucess cause the sleeves swere too long on the jacket/coat from fossil

Now I gotta go back and return it.
How do you shop for a man who wants a coat but wont go out to pick it out??
ugh
The hoddie from martin guitar I got him he is living in so now I gotta find another gift..
ooh well off I go to the mall my least fave place

sodascouts
11-26-2012, 02:45 PM
I got a bunch of emails from stores today talking about special "Cyber Monday" sales. Apparently it's a spin-off of "Black Friday" but I've never heard of it before. Has this been around a while or is it something new? I might take advantage of some of these "cyber-sales"!

zeldabjr
11-26-2012, 03:04 PM
I've heard of "cyber Monday" for a few years now...it's supposed to be the busiest online shopping day of the year...that's how I heard the name started...

VAisForEagleLovers
11-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Yes, and I took advantage of the deals the last two years to buy coffee...for me!

Brooke
11-26-2012, 04:29 PM
I got a bunch of emails from stores today talking about special "Cyber Monday" sales. Apparently it's a spin-off of "Black Friday" but I've never heard of it before. Has this been around a while or is it something new? I might take advantage of some of these "cyber-sales"!

Wow, you've never heard of it before? :shock: Amazing! Get shopping girl!

I've been browsing around today, but as of yet, haven't found anything exciting enough to click on!

I did buy my son's present (Redhead camo hunting clothes) yesterday online and by telephone. Of course half of his present was 'out of stock' online! I ended up calling 9 stores across the country (at their suggestion) trying to find what I was needing! Then when I found one that had it, they didn't ship to customers homes, only to another store! They finally did agree to ship it to me, but geez, what a pain! Blew two hours doing it and put up outdoor Christmas decorations between calls! :crazy:

zeldabjr
11-27-2012, 09:42 PM
needed a new purse to take to Vegas...found one I love but it's not practical...so I bought a different one that was more practical but I didn't like as well....still kicking myself that I didn't get the one I really love...maybe I need two new purses?...lol

I went back to Kohl's today and bought the purse I really love...guess I do need two purses after all...and the great part...it was 50% off today which it wasn't the first time I saw it...happy girl!:)

EaglesKiwi
11-28-2012, 03:45 AM
I went back to Kohl's today and bought the purse I really love...guess I do need two purses after all...and the great part...it was 50% off today which it wasn't the first time I saw it...happy girl!:)
Woohoo! Gotta be happy about that. :)