PDA

View Full Version : Two lead vocals?

sodascouts
05-31-2007, 07:40 PM
This is just something I was thinking about as I was listening to the Eagles today. I know the songs Good Day in Hell and King of Hollywood are credited as having both Glenn and Don sing lead on them, but I when I listen to them, it sounds to me like Don sings lead on KOH with Glenn providing harmony throughout, and Glenn sings lead on GDIH with Don providing harmony throughout. Anyone else get that impression from those songs?

Freypower
05-31-2007, 08:18 PM
They both sing lead on both songs because they both sing the entire lyric, except for the 'after a while' verse in KOH which Don sings alone. If the second vocal was only a harmony it would not match the other vocal word for word. It is true though that GDIH is more 'Glenn' and KOH is more 'Don'.

SweetHolly
05-31-2007, 09:54 PM
I agree that KOH is more Don and GDIH is more Glenn.

Marco
06-02-2007, 10:14 AM
I think that in KOH with Henley and Frey at Vocal, there are Timothy and Don. Joe Doesn't sing in KOH

Ive always been a dreamer
06-02-2007, 02:28 PM
I agree with FP here about why Don and Glenn are both considered lead singers on GDIH and KOH. Of course, the other scenerio where they are considered co-leads is where they share solo vocals as in Doolin' Dalton, Ol' 55, and After the Thrill is Gone just to mention a few.

Freypower
06-02-2007, 07:35 PM
I think that in KOH with Henley and Frey at Vocal, there are Timothy and Don. Joe Don't sing in KOH

Tim sings on the harmony 'ah-ah' part at the end of the song. As for Felder, I have no idea if he sings harmony here or not. If you can hear him, I'd appreciate you pointing out exactly where he is. In fact, I have no idea which of the original recordings he actually does sing harmony on.