PDA

View Full Version : RIP Larry Hagman

EagleLady
11-24-2012, 12:16 AM
Just saw on Twitter Larry Hagman has died :( He was 81.

Grey Sadler
11-24-2012, 12:38 AM
RIP Mr. Hagman...
Wherever we were on Friday nights, we tried to get back home so my granny could watch Dallas...and she would let us know promptly if we were missing it!!
And yes, I was allowed to stay up to see just exactly Who Shot JR that particular season! :thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
11-24-2012, 12:46 AM
rip
loved him on i dream of jeannie and of course dallas.
rip

zeldabjr
11-24-2012, 01:26 AM
wow...so sorry to hear this news...RIP Larry...my favorite role of his was "Major Anthony Nelson" on I Dream of Jeannie...

sodascouts
11-24-2012, 02:48 AM
I wasn't allowed to watch Dallas as a kid but it didn't matter - I knew who he was just like everybody else. JR was a legend and a pop culture icon. He'll be missed. RIP!

Brooke
11-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Oh no! I didn't know this! Loved and hated him on Dallas! And in the sequel last winter! Whatever will they do without him when the next segment comes out? It was Bobby who almost died in the last one! (I'm sure John Ross will take over where JR left off!) :sad:

RIP, Larry/JR.

Ive always been a dreamer
11-24-2012, 10:32 PM
This is so sad and a huge loss to the entertainment world. Particularly since they had just revived the Dallas TV series earlier this year. It was a big success, in large part because of Larry, Linda Gray, and Patrick Duffy coming back to star in the new series. They were in the middle of taping the 2nd season, so I'm sure there will have to be changes made to deal with this tragedy. Larry Hagman played the part of J.R. Ewing flawlessly and turned him into perhaps the most iconic villian in TV history. I can't think of any other TV character that so many people loved to hate more than J.R.

R.I.P. Larry (and J.R. - Judgement Day is finally upon you! :grin: )

GlennLover
11-24-2012, 11:30 PM
So sad to hear this. I enjoyed him greatly on both I Dream of Jeannie & Dallas. Shows how much talent he had to be able to play 2 characters that were the extreme opposite of each other. RIP.

Topkat
11-25-2012, 09:00 AM
I was very sorry to hear this news yesterday & I guess it may have been unexpected since he was in the middle of taping the 2nd season of the new Dallas. Larry Hagman was a Hollywood icon who made the character of JR unforgetable. He will be missed....RIP JR

Prettymaid
11-26-2012, 08:21 AM
I never watched Dallas but remember him on IDOJ. He was a great talent.

Topkat
11-27-2012, 11:55 AM
They said that both Linda Grey & Patrick Duffy were there when he passed away. They were all best friends since they worked on Dallas together.
Larry's wife is not well & they had been married for I think 58 years.
They also spoke with actress Barbara Eden who was on I Dream of Jeannie with him & they also remained friends all these years.
This says what kind of a loyal person he was to stay connected with people this long & says so much about his character.

RIP JR