PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday to The Border!

sodascouts
12-15-2012, 02:04 AM
The Border was opened six years ago today, converted from the then-one-year-old Flip City (making seven years total). To commemorate the day, I've returned the default to the original board style.

Thanks for being a part of the community, everyone!

WalshFan88
12-15-2012, 02:59 AM
Happy 6th Anniversary to the Border!

Glennsallnighter
12-15-2012, 06:20 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BORDER

What a wonderful creation "The Border" has been. It has brought so many of us together from so many different continents and parts of the world. I know I have made many wonderful friends here and have even managed to meet some of them in person! I first registered with the board nearly 6 years ago hand have never looked back. I love checking in everyday - indeed, if I don't I feel part of the day is missing!

And of course great credit is due to Nancy - Our Fearless Leader who works long and hard to ensure the highest quality of the content offered here. No wonder it is probably the most visited Eagles website in the world!

:cheers: LONG LIVE THE BORDER AND ALL WHO SAIL IN HER :cheers:

Tiffanny Twisted
12-15-2012, 11:06 AM
well! well ! well! ...as gf would say...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BORDER BABY:cheers:
nANCY , FOR ALL YOU DO AND FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE, THANK YOU:computer:tt

Ive always been a dreamer
12-15-2012, 03:37 PM
HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY TO THE BORDER!!!

I am proud to be a longtime member of this community and I feel very lucky to have been able to meet so many wonderful people in this community from all over the world. Thanks to Nancy for creating this place and thanks to all of the Eagles fans who come here to share our love of this wonderful band. :grouphug:

zeldabjr
12-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Happy 6th Birthday to the Border!!!

and a big thank you to Nancy for starting it...can't imagine my life without it or all the wonderful people on it!!!

Freypower
12-15-2012, 05:21 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BORDER

What a wonderful creation "The Border" has been. It has brought so many of us together from so many different continents and parts of the world. I know I have made many wonderful friends here and have even managed to meet some of them in person! I first registered with the board nearly 6 years ago hand have never looked back. I love checking in everyday - indeed, if I don't I feel part of the day is missing!

And of course great credit is due to Nancy - Our Fearless Leader who works long and hard to ensure the highest quality of the content offered here. No wonder it is probably the most visited Eagles website in the world!

:cheers: LONG LIVE THE BORDER AND ALL WHO SAIL IN HER :cheers:

Hear, hear. I was the second person after Nancy herself to join.

Wildthyme
12-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Happy Birthday to the Border!!

And many thanks to Nancy for creating such a welcoming place that brought those of us who love the Eagles together!

Tiffanny Twisted
12-15-2012, 08:33 PM
here here I agree

Grey Sadler
12-15-2012, 09:33 PM
:partytime::partytime:Happy Birthday to the Border!! :partytime:
:partytime:

I may be pretty new here, but I feel right at home!!
(Thanks, Nancy!! :thumbsup:)

prayfordaylight
12-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Happy Birthday Border and a sincere Thank You to Nancy for creating it. I fell out of Eagles fandom for awhile because there weren't a lot of places to go online and those that existed weren't the most welcoming. I'm so happy I found this place.

timfan
12-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Can't believe it's been 6 years! WOW!!

Happy Birthday to The BORDER!!

Brooke
12-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Happy Birthday to The Border!

Thanks so much, Nancy, for starting it and keeping it alive for us all! Hopefully, I will get to meet more of you someday!

Btw, what does the original board style look like? I'm set on EOC default and it's the red and gray one. Is that it?

sodascouts
12-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks everyone!

Brooke - the original style is called "Dark Hue." You can select it at the bottom of the index page. It's the dark blue one - the one we had for Flip City. You'll remember it as soon as you see it!

TimothyBFan
12-17-2012, 08:49 AM
A big happy birthday from me also!!!

Soda-- you spend so much time and energy on keeping this board alive for us diehards to enjoy and I, like everyone here, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can't imagine not having it in my life any more.

Troubadour
12-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Happy 6th Birthday to The Border!

Thank you to Nancy and all of the moderators for the hard work they put in, and thank you to all of the members who make this place as lively, warm and friendly as it is. It's a huge part of my life and it has given me opportunities to travel, see incredible concerts and meet new, true friends.

Here's to The Border - in the words of Neil Young, 'long may you run'! :cheers: