PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions...

Grey Sadler
01-01-2013, 12:50 AM
anybody wanna share??

Tiffanny Twisted
01-01-2013, 12:53 AM
I can be an opinioated person.
I have decided to really try hard to be more quiet and to really take an extra minute to think before I open mouth and insert the foot....no really wanna try and just be kinder to people

Grey Sadler
01-01-2013, 01:01 AM
1) lose 5 pounds
2) get bass guitar lessons lined up
3) practice more acoustic guitar
4) stop making so many different lists...

and...I would like an actual date this year!! Seriously...ack

VAisForEagleLovers
01-01-2013, 01:36 AM
I've never really done New Year's Resolutions, but I do something similar on my birthday. Which I didn't do this past November since I was too busy working. Working less and earning more would be a good one.

Glennsallnighter
01-01-2013, 06:13 AM
The usual........

Cut down on chocolate
Lose a stone
Save more money
Get to see Glenn :heart: live

juliarobert
01-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Interesting information. I like your topic. Thanks for sharing it.:rockguitar::thud::smokin::faint:

sodascouts
01-01-2013, 02:39 PM
This year, I need to work on my tendency to procrastinate and manage my time better.

zeldabjr
01-01-2013, 03:54 PM
I'd like to learn to play the guitar this year...oh and get my tattoo!

Brooke
01-01-2013, 05:19 PM
It seems like every year I make the same one and I do try but find I need to enforce it again the next year!

Mine is to be nice to everyone. Some people just make it hard to be nice to them though! :lol:

Tiffanny Twisted
01-01-2013, 08:00 PM
It seems like every year I make the same one and I do try but find I need to enforce it again the next year!

Mine is to be nice to everyone. Some people just make it hard to be nice to them though! :lol:

well, I gotta agree with you on that one. I keep reminding myself to treat people and talk to people in the respectful manner I want to be treated and talked to but you are right Brooke some people just make it difficult.

lizzyplays
01-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Took me awhile to decide whether to post or not, on this subject. This is my last year in my 40's and as most of you know, I am a recovering drug addict so I've basically had NO life most of my life!

I would like to finally figure out what IT is that I want to do with the rest of my life, from this point on. I stay constantly frustrated trying to come up with something to go to school for. I know that you can start life over at any age, but it sure feels like a momentous battle most days and leaves me wondering is it even worth trying. I am confident that I could do most anything if I apply myself, but WHY can't I come up with what it is I want to do? Until I solve that question my life hangs in limbo while I work myself to death in a dead end job as a waitress. (mind you, not complaining there because I make 3-4 x what i'd make at minimum wage).

People ask me what I like. I like music, food, travelling and computers. Ideally, I would like a job that had me travelling all over the world. I have the whole living out of a suitcase thing down pat and since I don't own anything, it's easier for me to do. Or, maybe an online business of some sort. How do I start? Why can't I figure this out for myself? Any suggestions are welcome!!

Ok, so basically my resolution is to figure out who Liz is going to be and get to work on that asap!

Tiffanny Twisted
01-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Lizzy,

Is there an aptitute test you can take at the ,Oh I dont know what they call it now ....In my day it was the unemployment service but they offer all kinds free testing and courses (our tax dollars at work)

If you like to travel how about the airlines or hospitaility industry...ie your current profession waitressing on a cruse ship...just spit balling here.....youd sget to see other places and be traveling at the same time...
I dont know I think I am bad at this kinda stuff. I just know when I was out of work to get my unemployment benifits..I had to attend things at a "career center" aka the unemployment office to contiune my benifits.

If at anytime things be come overwhelming I just take a deep breath and try and medictate till i get a peaceful easy feeling ...

Glennsallnighter
01-02-2013, 07:17 AM
I think that's a great resolution Lizzy! And well done on your recovery. TT has some good advice - I'm sure there are some courses locally that can steer you in the right direction for what you want to do or become! And good luck! Keep us posted on your progress!

Brooke
01-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Lizzy, my first thought was working for an airline or cruise ship, too! I don't know if you would make more money than you are currently making, but it would probably be more interesting.

Well done on your recovery too. That's awesome!

sodascouts
01-02-2013, 02:29 PM
It takes guts to do that. I agree that it might be a good idea to consult a career counselor. A cruise ship waitress is good as long as you're happy with waitressing, but if you want to give that up entirely, there are other travel-centric jobs you can consider. Is the traveling more important, or the career itself?

TimothyBFan
01-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Ok, so basically my resolution is to figure out who Liz is going to be and get to work on that asap!

Roadie or groupie? :lol:

Seriously---you already know how proud I am of you for what you've accomplished by getting straight. I believe you can do anything you set your mind to since you've already conquered hurdles the rest of us can't even imagine and I know you'll figure out soon what it is you want to do. My hope for you is that you get healthy and find what really makes you happy this year.

Topkat
01-02-2013, 07:00 PM
I never do too well with New Years Resolutions, but I do try to set some reasonable goals for myself.
This year, my main goal is to get out of debt! I have credit card bills up the wahoos due to a shopping & makeup addiction! I don't even have room for the clothing & makeup that I have, but have been unable to resist buying things that I really don't need. I am a sucker for a good sale, & I can't resist all those cute offers at the makeup counter.

Another big one is to stop smoking! I have stopped several times, but have unfortunately have gone back to it every time I am stressed out.
My goal is to see the doctor & go back on Chantix which helped me stop in the past, & it worked, so that is going to be happening very soon. I can't even believe how much money I spend on cigarettes! Not to mention how unhealthy it is, so wish me luck with that one!:smokin:

Tiffanny Twisted
01-02-2013, 08:10 PM
good luck tk u can do it I know you can

Glennsallnighter
01-02-2013, 09:32 PM
After my post on 'Whats Happening......' I would add another resolution

'Live every day to the full..... like it were your last.... coz who knows, it just might be....'

Its not meant to sound morbid or dramatic. Just a statement of fact.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-02-2013, 10:10 PM
... And very good advice, GA.

Lizzy - I'd like to congratulate you on your recovery as well. I think everyone has given you some very good advice. The main thing is that there is a lot of free advice and help out there, including career counseling, if you pay a visit to your state and local agencies. I have to say that when I read your post, a position on a cruise ship is what came to my mind as well. Good luck with your search - I wish you much success.

lizzyplays
01-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Roadie or groupie? :lol:

My first two choices! Sad, huh? lol