PDA

View Full Version : Don at HOF Induction Ceremony

zeldabjr
01-22-2013, 02:38 AM
I just saw this on Facebook...Don Henley will appear at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony...

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/304110_433450533394167_15509026_n.jpg?t=1358836396

sodascouts
01-22-2013, 03:43 AM
Cool. Thanks for the info!

Topkat
01-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Wow, I wonder if he will be performing or just speaking about one of the inductees.:confused:
Do we get to see this on tv? I'm not sure if they do it live, but maybe televise it later on...I forgot

Troubadour
01-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Cool! Thanks for posting this.

TimothyBFan
01-22-2013, 10:18 AM
They televise it later on on Showtime or HBO I think it was. I know this because I remember last years when Lizzy, Austin and I discussed it on FB and watched Guns N Roses online in a 4 inch box on some website that kept getting in trouble for taping it on the actual night of the event. :hilarious:

sodascouts
01-22-2013, 11:45 AM
He's probably going to introduce his buddy Randy Newman, like Jimmy Buffet introduced the Eagles at theirs.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Oh my, Rush fans are in a tizzy. I guess Don said something about Rush years ago and since Don will be at this event when Rush will finally be inducted is creating a stir of 'awkward'!

Rush fans seem to think Don will be there for Heart and not Randy. Not that I think they know definitively, but putting it out there for discussion.

Troubadour
01-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Uh oh! Should we offer our "Border Bodyguards" services? ;)

VAisForEagleLovers
01-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Uh oh! Should we offer our "Border Bodyguards" services? ;)

Ha! The man needs protection 'from' us, not 'by' us!

Brooke
01-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Heart? Uh oh! Don may have some comments about their recent comments in their new book! :fear: :lol:

Houston Debutante
01-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Haha, what's this about Rush and Heart? What did Don say about them? I've missed out!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-22-2013, 04:27 PM
No idea what he said about Heart, but this is what therushforum.com has:

"For those who don't know, some years back, Don Henley pissed on RUSH in a mean spirited and arrogant way in an interview he gave about why the Eagles got back together. He said something like 'Why would bands like RUSH regroup, yuck.' I guess he was unaware they never broke up."

Of course, it says 'something like', so who knows what he really said let alone meant.

Topkat
01-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Is there any connection with Heart? I don't think I've ever heard of anything? Are the Eagles mentioned in the Heart book that just came out? I haven't read it yet but I think some people on here have read it.

Brooke
01-22-2013, 05:02 PM
SOMEWHERE I read that Don and Glenn were mentioned in it.

TT and TBF, you all have read it. Are they?

Freypower
01-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Don will probably induct Randy Newman.

For once, I had hoped that Glenn might have done it, given that Glenn recently covered Same Girl. But Glenn does not do these events. :huh:

Houston Debutante
01-22-2013, 06:46 PM
No idea what he said about Heart, but this is what therushforum.com has:

"For those who don't know, some years back, Don Henley pissed on RUSH in a mean spirited and arrogant way in an interview he gave about why the Eagles got back together. He said something like 'Why would bands like RUSH regroup, yuck.' I guess he was unaware they never broke up."

Of course, it says 'something like', so who knows what he really said let alone meant.

Thanks for the info. So... Don and Glenn were mentioned in the Heart book? They had sex with them, I guess? Did they get rated poorly? :lol:

It's only right that Don would be the one to induct Newman ~ assuming that's what he's there for. Don appeared on Newman's music in the past.

Freypower
01-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the info. So... Don and Glenn were mentioned in the Heart book? They had sex with them, I guess? Did they get rated poorly? :lol:

It's only right that Don would be the one to induct Newman ~ assuming that's what he's there for. Don appeared on Newman's music in the past.

So did Glenn.

sodascouts
01-22-2013, 07:39 PM
The Wilson sisters mentioned that Don had hit on them but they turned him down (Glenn as well). I doubt the mention bothered Don terribly much, as it was pretty much expected that any man who had the chance would hit on the Wilson sisters in the 70s. lol Perhaps it hurt his pride a bit to have it known they said "no" but he's mature enough to not get his panties in a wad over it, I imagine.

As for Rush, I went and looked up the quote. Here it is, apparently from a 2002 interview:

"This seems like the logical thing to do," Henley says of the tour, which brought The Eagles to GM Place on Wednesday. "There's still a huge audience out there for us. You know, we don't mind playing the old songs, and people certainly want to hear them, and in fact, our fans would probably be content for us to keep doing that. But artistically we can't stay interested without trying to create something new. We would like to add to our body of work. We don't want to become a nostalgic act."

"I can't think of another band that has broken up for 14 years, then got back together and made a record . . .

"You do get bands like Rush getting back together," he adds. "Yuck."

Quote from http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/rush2/message/9734

Tiffanny Twisted
01-22-2013, 07:42 PM
SOMEWHERE I read that Don and Glenn were mentioned in it.

TT and TBF, you all have read it. Are they?

Ya it was a little blurb about being hit on by DH and GF ...like not even a paragraph..I thought there waould be more of the eagles in that book lol

Topkat
01-23-2013, 09:26 AM
This article says that Don will induct Newman. Says nothing about him performing, so that probably isn't happening! Also ticket info:

http://rockhall.com/event/induction-2013/

TimothyBFan
01-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Is there any connection with Heart? I don't think I've ever heard of anything? Are the Eagles mentioned in the Heart book that just came out? I haven't read it yet but I think some people on here have read it.

The Eagles are actually mentioned a few times in the book but the one we were referring to here took place at an Elton John birthday party. I found one of the post I made while reading the book regarding the advances of Don & Glenn.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=195637&postcount=1038

ETA: Sorry, I just saw where Nancy answered your question. I guess I should have read the entire page first.

Houston Debutante
01-23-2013, 01:18 PM
So did Glenn.

OK sorry, I didn't realize that. I went and looked this up on allmusic.com because I don't want to get anything wrong. I found out that Glenn hasn't been on any of Newman's albums since the seventies and Don also appeared on the albums Glenn was on. Meanwhile Don appeared on a Newman album in the eighties without Glenn, and Newman asked Don to be the star of his Faust soundtrack in the nineties. Glenn may have done a Newman song but people cover Newman songs all the time. I'm not trying to diss Glenn but it seems pretty clear why Don is doing this and not Glenn and I don't think it's because Glenn 'does not do these events.' Anyway complaining about Glenn not doing it in Don's forum seems out of place. JMHO.

For those who looked up the information on the Rush and Heart things, thanks. I can see why Rush fans would be pissed off that he said their group was 'yuck' but he was just being honest. As for the Wilson sisters saying no to Don when he was looking so fine ~ wow, something things I'll never understand. ;)

Freypower
01-23-2013, 04:50 PM
OK sorry, I didn't realize that. I went and looked this up on allmusic.com because I don't want to get anything wrong. I found out that Glenn hasn't been on any of Newman's albums since the seventies and Don also appeared on the albums Glenn was on. Meanwhile Don appeared on a Newman album in the eighties without Glenn, and Newman asked Don to be the star of his Faust soundtrack in the nineties. Glenn may have done a Newman song but people cover Newman songs all the time. I'm not trying to diss Glenn but it seems pretty clear why Don is doing this and not Glenn and I don't think it's because Glenn 'does not do these events.' Anyway complaining about Glenn not doing it in Don's forum seems out of place. JMHO.

For those who looked up the information on the Rush and Heart things, thanks. I can see why Rush fans would be pissed off that he said their group was 'yuck' but he was just being honest. As for the Wilson sisters saying no to Don when he was looking so fine ~ wow, something things I'll never understand. ;)

That is the second time you have chastised me for daring to mention Glenn in Don's forum. It happens, you know. Sometimes Don is mentioned in Glenn's forum. The topic was raised. It seemed natural to mention it. Why would I go to the trouble of starting another topic about it in Glenn's forum when Glenn is not the one doing it?

The rationale you have used for why Don is doing the induction & Glenn isn't seems to be based on Don working with Randy more recently. You seem to imply that for Glenn to cover one of Randy's songs doesn't count. He is as big a fan of Randy as Don is. I saw him praise Randy as his favourite American songwriter at the LA concert in May. I stand by what I said that he doesn't do these things while Don is more willing to do them. Don has given Randy an award before; he also inducted Jackson Browne into the HOF. Glenn has not done this. All I said was it would have been nice if he had done so this time. That does not mean I was saying that Don should not do it. I am well aware that Don was more likely to do it and that turned out to be correct.

For the record, on the Little Criminals album, Don is featured on one track, Rider In The Rain, while Glenn is featured on Rider In The Rain, Baltimore, the title track & Short People. Glenn also appears on the track Rednecks from Good Old Boys. The only other track Don was on was Take Me Back from Trouble In Paradise. Faust, yes. Faust, in my opinion, was not very good (not Don's fault, but the two songs he sings are not exactly masterpieces either).

sodascouts
01-24-2013, 01:26 AM
I think it's cool that Don is doing this and even though I'm sure Don's intro will be brief, I'll check it out.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-24-2013, 02:03 PM
:yay: for Don! This should be fun to watch!!!

Houston Debutante
01-24-2013, 02:40 PM
That is the second time you have chastised me for daring to mention Glenn in Don's forum. It happens, you know. Sometimes Don is mentioned in Glenn's forum. The topic was raised. It seemed natural to mention it. Why would I go to the trouble of starting another topic about it in Glenn's forum when Glenn is not the one doing it?

It just would be nice if you let fans be happy about something Don is doing without whining about how you wish the focus was on Glenn. There are lots of Glenn fans here but I don't see anybody else doing that kind of thing.

I'm not even going to address your other points because I've lurked long enough to know that nothing I can say will make you recognize Don is as worthy as Glenn.

I'm sorry this has started to dominate the thread. I won't say anymore about it. Let's get back to talking about the ceremony. :)

I will be checking my local listings for when I can see this. From my past experience watching these things, he won't get much airtime, probably not more than a few sentences before they play a video package dedicated to Newman, but even a little Don is better than nothing. :)

VAisForEagleLovers
01-24-2013, 03:06 PM
HD, let us know when you find it, it'll give me a clue where to look in my local listings! DirecTV re-did their website and it's supposedly new and improved. Meanwhile, I can't find anything.

Topkat
01-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Yes, please post if you hear anything about when this may be on TV. Would love to watch it!

Topkat
01-24-2013, 08:58 PM
Ya it was a little blurb about being hit on by DH and GF ...like not even a paragraph..I thought there waould be more of the eagles in that book lol

Yes, now I recall the mention. I still want to read the Heart book. I wonder how these 2 sisters handled the many adventures of being in a rock band.
It didn't seem to me that Heart & the Eagles traveled much in the same circles, bit I'm sure they must have run into each other at times.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-25-2013, 07:44 AM
It was an intresting book but I was expecting more I guess and didnt get it.(much like them I guess hehe hehe)

lizzyplays
01-25-2013, 09:37 AM
They televise it later on on Showtime or HBO I think it was. I know this because I remember last years when Lizzy, Austin and I discussed it on FB and watched Guns N Roses online in a 4 inch box on some website that kept getting in trouble for taping it on the actual night of the event. :hilarious:

HELLO!!! BEST.NIGHT.OF.MY.LIFE!!!

Omg how much fun did we have that night??? Miles apart but glued together by a common bond. Following Perla's tweets that were indicating Myles just jumped on a plane to Cleveland to take Axl's place singing. Then the pics of 5am practices. OMG it was more than I could take to know that MOST of the original GnR was going to perform together again, live!

Sorry, off topic!! But, Willie got me wound up!! hehe :blush:

WalshFan88
01-25-2013, 10:11 AM
LOL I remember that. And then towards one of the last songs they changed it to some rapper being interviewed.... :hilarious:

That was so fun!

Houston Debutante
01-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Sorry, I'm confused ~ was it on a pay channel or streamed online or both? They used to show these things on VH1, but now it's all reality shows.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-25-2013, 10:30 AM
I saw an article last night that said it would be on HBO in the middle of May sometime. I didn't pay attention because after getting Showtime just for the movie I'm not about to get HBO as well. Not sure why I would pay extra in order to see something a month after it happened! If someone hears of another way to see it, I'd love to hear about it!

TimothyBFan
01-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Sorry, I'm confused ~ was it on a pay channel or streamed online or both? They used to show these things on VH1, but now it's all reality shows.

HD--- We watched it online the night of (it was just ridiculous, some silly site that Austin or Liz found that wasn't even suppose to be filming it) but then Showtime, HBO or VH1 (don't remember who) shows it later. We only watched it the night it happened last year because of our GNR "bond" the three of us have and we had such a fun time doing it. It was an adventure.

Sorry, off topic!! But, Willie got me wound up!! hehe :blush:

Yeah--that's a real challenge!! :hilarious:

WalshFan88
01-25-2013, 01:58 PM

:rofl:

Houston Debutante
01-25-2013, 02:39 PM
HD--- We watched it online the night of (it was just ridiculous, some silly site that Austin or Liz found that wasn't even suppose to be filming it) but then Showtime, HBO or VH1 (don't remember who) shows it later. We only watched it the night it happened last year because of our GNR "bond" the three of us have and we had such a fun time doing it. It was an adventure.

oh! I'll have to be on the lookout for something like that on the night of the induction so I don't have to wait a month either.

01-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah - Whatever happened to the good ole days when they used to show the R&R HOF Induction Ceremony on MTV? Very frustrating! Oh well, I guess I'll be waiting until it shows up somewhere online. :brickwall:

lizzyplays
01-25-2013, 03:34 PM
oh! I'll have to be on the lookout for something like that on the night of the induction so I don't have to wait a month either.

Yeah, what was happening was someone in the press room, I guess they were reporters, was secretly filming the big screen tv they were watching it on with a phone video and then relaying it (somehow) to a website. But they had people posted who kept looking around at the group and warning them about filming etc so it would cut out for awhile. Later on, we started getting youtube footage from the audience (again who were not allowed to take pics or video). It wasn't an ideal way to watch it but we weren't going to wait til it showed on TV!!!

So basically, you know someone is ALWAYS going to break the rules and try to get away with some kind of pictures or videos! These were so called trusted press people and even they couldn't resist the urge to be the first one to show the original GnR on stage together again!

Houston Debutante
01-28-2013, 05:02 PM
I hope you're right and that someone does it for this one too. Thanks for the info.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-14-2013, 10:36 PM
According to this article, Don will be inducting Randy Newman, as we already knew, and Randy will perform with Jackson Browne and John Fogerty.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/apr/13/heart-rock-hall-of-fame/?page=1#article-copy

Houston Debutante
04-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the reminder!

Brooke
04-15-2013, 02:51 PM
I wonder if we can watch online Thursday night?

I don't get HBO either, but hopefully other stations will pick it up later.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-15-2013, 06:02 PM
very intresting article ,than ks for posting.

They usually release it on dvd shortly after the special airs .

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Heart? Uh oh! Don may have some comments about their recent comments in their new book! :fear: :lol:

What comments did I miss something?

Brooke
04-17-2013, 10:00 AM
The Wilson sisters mentioned that Don had hit on them but they turned him down (Glenn as well). I doubt the mention bothered Don terribly much, as it was pretty much expected that any man who had the chance would hit on the Wilson sisters in the 70s. lol Perhaps it hurt his pride a bit to have it known they said "no" but he's mature enough to not get his panties in a wad over it, I imagine.

It wasn't much.

Houston Debutante
04-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Crazy girls, they passed up a golden opportunity there! ;)

Brooke
04-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Really! :lol:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Just saw a tweet that Glenn is attending the ceremony tonight.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-19-2013, 12:20 AM
Details of what Don said this evening while inducting Randy, and they performed "I'm Dead But I Don't Know It" together.

http://news.radio.com/2013/04/18/petty-browne-fogerty-henley-pay-tribute-to-randy-newman-at-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction/

VAisForEagleLovers
04-19-2013, 12:29 AM
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/don/rock%20HOF/rhof1_zps431f9e7e.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/don/rock%20HOF/rhof2_zps6c572258.jpg

Tiffanny Twisted
04-19-2013, 07:18 AM
thanks va
I appreciate the posts.Don looks cool with glasses on dont think I have ever seen that "look" on him.....
It wouldnt suprise me if glenn was there too since he is a big randy Newmand fan. Cant wait tilll they release it on dvd ...will have to purchase it...

TimothyBFan
04-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Did a quick search this morning and found a few pictures from Getty and such. I am freaking digging the glasses!!!! This second picture is gorgeous!!! And look at the smile in the first one!! :thumbsup:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/DonHenleyROHF2013_zps5a407b8b.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/DonHenleyROHF2013Geddyimages_zps13361262.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/DonHenleyROHF20132_zpsc3171e17.jpg

VAisForEagleLovers
04-19-2013, 10:10 AM
This pic is from SiriusXM...

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/don/rock%20HOF/rhof3_zps58d6b91e.jpg

Brooke
04-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Don's lookin' good! Thanks guys! Can't wait to see the whole show!

Houston Debutante
04-19-2013, 01:34 PM
He looks adorable with glasses ~ although perhaps he could go with a more modern style of frame. Then again Don is a classic. ;)

Freypower
04-19-2013, 06:20 PM
thanks va

I appreciate the posts.Don looks cool with glasses on dont think I have ever seen that "look" on him.....

It wouldnt suprise me if glenn was there too since he is a big randy Newmand fan. Cant wait tilll they release it on dvd ...will have to purchase it...

As someone else has raised this, it would have been nice if Glenn had been there, but I doubt it. What great photos. As you all know I love Randy & nobody deserves this more than him. I had better search for photos of Rush for hubby.

Freypower
04-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Did a quick search this morning and found a few pictures from Getty and such. I am freaking digging the glasses!!!! This second picture is gorgeous!!! And look at the smile in the first one!! :thumbsup:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/DonHenleyROHF20132_zpsc3171e17.jpg

Love it.

Freypower
04-19-2013, 06:26 PM
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/166945079-musicians-don-henley-and-john-fogerty-wireimage.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA54872CF9C0F70777867 D6AF262DA3CBBBEAAD570B70C2A778B9591E7EC1A351FC8B

The WireImage captions say Don performed with Randy but I can't get the photos to load yet.

Rolling Stone is more detailed & I suspect more accurate:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction-2013-rush-and-fans-fight-the-power-20130419

Freypower
04-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Here are more WireImage photos:

http://www.wireimage.com.au/search/#events?q={167007462}/|Don%20Henley:216382:SpecificPeople|/[165855503]&ep=0/0/1&s=3

This does indeed appear to show Don performing (I would imagine it wasn't Same Girl, although he has in fact sung that)! :applause:

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/166941156-inductee-randy-newman-and-musician-don-henley-wireimage.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5481DE912CB604DBE54 69609FC0849B6C085AA8E9070A2C43E6

In fact VA had already posted this on Facebook. The song was I'm Dead (But I Don't Know It) which I saw Randy perform at the Opera House in 2011.
http://news.radio.com/2013/04/18/petty-browne-fogerty-henley-pay-tribute-to-randy-newman-at-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction/

Freypower
04-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Don is at 1.30 in this clip. Ignore the usual hateful & ignorant comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnpvkn01y1c

Tiffanny Twisted
04-19-2013, 11:35 PM
thanks for posting .
i enjoyed that clip

sodascouts
04-20-2013, 12:30 AM
So they're broadcasting it on HBO on May 18... edited. Hope Don's speech doesn't get cut down too much!

Freypower
04-21-2013, 06:52 PM
More photos in this gallery:

http://rockhall.com/photo-gallery/rockhall-2013-induction/4700/#first_content

sodascouts
04-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Thanks!

BTW, those glasses look just like the kind my dad wears. Kind of unsettling, lol.

Outlawman13
04-24-2013, 09:16 PM
I enjoyed that clip. Hope to see it on HBO soon.

04-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Loved the clips and glad Don inducted Randy. I know many don't agree with me, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Don ditched the grey beard and glasses. I'm just thinking he could go for a more youthful appearance. But, hey, if he likes the more mature look, then I guess I'll just deal. :thumbsup:

GlennLover
04-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Loved the clips and glad Don inducted Randy. I know many don't agree with me, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Don ditched the grey beard and glasses. I'm just thinking he could go for a more youthful appearance. But, hey, if he likes the more mature look, then I guess I'll just deal. :thumbsup:

I agree with you, Dreamer. I especially dislike the beard.

Brooke
04-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Same here. I kinda like the glasses, but the gray beard with his partially gray hair just makes him look old.

I still love you though Don! :hilarious:

EagleLady
04-29-2013, 03:17 PM
I love the grey beard. Makes him look more HSG!

Outlawman13
04-29-2013, 04:06 PM
The grey beard does make him look older, but looks amazing with it. Love facial hair.

Houston Debutante
04-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Beard fan right here!

sad-cafe
04-29-2013, 10:31 PM
me too. Love facial hair

TimothyBFan
04-30-2013, 07:50 AM
I hope he keeps it. I also love the glasses. But I especially love the smiles!!!

Outlawman13
04-30-2013, 06:07 PM
OHhhh I love his smile as well!!!!!!!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2013, 07:37 PM
A reminder that this will air next Saturday on HBO. This article lists the other dates as well.

http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/HBO-to-Air-2013-ROCK-ROLL-HALL-OF-FAME-INDUCTION-CEREMONY-518-20130509

zeldabjr
05-10-2013, 10:00 PM
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/don/rock%20HOF/rhof3_zps58d6b91e.jpg

especially love this pic of Don...but I do love the glasses too...I like men in glasses...and the facial hair?...am used to it now..but don't love it on him...he does not need it...

sodascouts
05-10-2013, 10:17 PM
That's an adorable photo! I don't mind men in glasses at all but the pair he's wearing in some of these photos is so clunky that it ages him.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2013, 11:16 PM
That's an adorable photo! I don't mind men in glasses at all but the pair he's wearing in some of these photos is so clunky that it ages him.

Oddly enough, in my travels yesterday, I saw at least three guys wearing similar glasses, and they were all under the age of 30, I'm pretty sure two of them were under 25. I hope this isn't a new trend.

Tiffanny Twisted
05-11-2013, 09:53 AM
ok jmo the glasses dont age him its that grey goat that does.....
but he is still cute...

Brooke
05-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Oddly enough, in my travels yesterday, I saw at least three guys wearing similar glasses, and they were all under the age of 30, I'm pretty sure two of them were under 25. I hope this isn't a new trend.

Yup, the big glasses are pretty popular around here too. I like them!

TimothyBFan
05-17-2013, 09:44 AM
Just another reminder that this is on tomorrow night. I'm hoping I get to catch it but we have a house warming, a wedding and a birthday party all tomorrow and I don't know if we'll make it home or not in time.

zeldabjr
05-17-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm sad I won't be able to watch this...don't get HBO...unless I can find someone who does...

Brooke
05-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Me either unless it happens to be a free 'preview' weekend. :sad:

Houston Debutante
05-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Wish I had HBO, hopefully it will turn up online somewhere later.

sodascouts
05-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Haven't found anything yet.

BTW, one of my friends told me those ugly retro glasses are a trend with "hipsters" lately as part of their painfully self-conscious efforts to go against what the mainstream views as "cool." PLEASE DON DO NOT IMITATE THE ANNOYING HIPSTERS (http://www.npr.org/2013/05/14/183864246/hipsters-singled-out-for-being-annoying)!

Prettymaid
05-19-2013, 10:06 PM
What's a hipster? They don't sound like hippies...

Freypower
05-19-2013, 10:18 PM
What's a hipster? They don't sound like hippies...

Somebody who tries far too hard to be 'retro' to avoid being perceived as ''cool''.

Sorry for discrepancies in punctuation but I am on my daughter's computer & it is doing funny things.

sodascouts
05-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Hipsters are a sub-culture of people who pride themselves on being counter-culture. They view mainstream tastes with disdain. They deliberately wear grungy clothes and have a carefully disheveled androgynous appearance. They like to discourse about indie bands and obscure artists; they shop at Goodwill even though many of them have money; many are vegans or only eat organic foods from epicurean markets; they love to be "ironic"; most importantly, they love to judge and mock others! All of this to demonstrate that they refuse to conform to what the masses consider "cool" and that they are much more enlightened than those same unwashed masses.

They detest being called "hipsters" because that would mean they are part of a group when they insist they care only about being an individual. However, it is quite obvious many hipsters are conforming to fit in with their hipster friends. It started in the nineties but lately it seems to be all over, probably because so many hipsters enjoy taking pictures of themselves being non-conformist and posting them on Instagram.

They are annoying because they look down on so many people!

This made me laugh:
http://www.cracked.com/funny-4573-hipster/

If you're really curious, this goes into a lot more detail:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hipster&defid=2705928&page=1

And a good hipster HATES the Eagles!

Houston Debutante
05-20-2013, 12:16 PM
LOL. I hate hipsters, Don Henley needs to stay far away from them.

Slate CM
05-22-2013, 03:42 PM
I have this on the DVR and watched the first half. I was pleased to hear Don on the Randy Newman song. Just wondering if anyone has recorded it and put it on an iPod. Was thinking about doing this myself.

Houston Debutante
05-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Is there some way this can be shared? I want to see it so bad!

NYC Fan
05-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Just watched the Randy Newman part and Don's speech. Don was very funny and gave a kind, witty, complimentary induction speech. The bit about Don asking Randy the meaning behind the song Short People cracked me up. Randy seemed really touched, and his comment about Don's band "that he had some success with" was great.

Also, Tom Petty, John Fogerty and Jackson singing I Love LA with Randy was fun. The ubiquitous Jack Nicholson (does the man ever skip an event?) down in front singing I Love LA made me laugh. I also loved Don singing "I'm Dead, But I don't Know It" with Randy :)

I liked seeing Don in this type of setting. Giving a speech for an old friend who he clearly holds in high esteem. Don seems so funny, and I have not seen that side of him too often. I really enjoyed his speech. Not sure why Fios decided to give me free HBO this month, but I'm glad they did!

Topkat
05-29-2013, 09:43 PM
If anything turns up on YouTube or Facebook, please post so the rest of us poor souls can see it!!!:headbang:

sodascouts
05-29-2013, 09:59 PM
Sounds great! Thanks for telling us about it!

Turf
05-30-2013, 01:31 AM
The ubiquitous Jack Nicholson (does the man ever skip an event?)...

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw him. It must be nice to be Jack...

Brooke
05-30-2013, 09:57 AM
NYC, thanks for filling us in! Sounds like a great show!

I get HBO free once in a while, hope I get to see that sometime!

shunlvswx
09-07-2013, 04:07 PM
I had the tv on HBO last night and Don was singing with Randy Newman at the RRHOF early this year. Did anybody know he was going to be there this year. I was surprised to see him there. He also inducted Randy into the RRHOF. He was so hot in his suit. I love his glasses he wore. He had some jokes and they were very funny. I love the humor side of Don.

Jackson Browne and Tom Petty was there singing with Randy at the beginning.

shunlvswx
09-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Oops. I think I put this in the wrong forum. Sorry about that.

shunlvswx
09-07-2013, 04:34 PM
I did some digging on Youtube and found the videos of Don inducting Randy Newman into the RRHOF and Don singing with Randy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOpEXVIcmmk

Prettymaid
09-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Yep, there is a thread about this in the Don Henley forum. Check it out! Lots of juicy tidbits!

shunlvswx
09-07-2013, 07:26 PM
I was changing the channel and I saw Don on HBO. I was like, "Cool. I didn't know he was going to be in this year's ceremony. I enjoyed his speech. He was soo funny. I loved his glasses. This was actually the second time I saw him wearing glasses. He wore glasses at the RRHOF a few years ago when he inducted the Byrds. That was an interesting song he sang with Randy. I've never heard of that song.

Here's the video from the RRHOF. Don's speech and Don/Randy singing together.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOpEXVIcmmk

sodascouts
09-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Moved your other posts over, too, shun. Cool vid!

shunlvswx
09-07-2013, 09:42 PM
The glasses Don was wearing are in style. I even seen 20 something wear them. My 56 year old mother wears them too. I don't. My glasses are in style, but I wouldn't wear the kind Don wears. That's just not me.

I love the glasses on Don. I don't like the gray goatee. It does make him look old, but the goatee is growing on me.

shunlvswx
09-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Moved your other posts over, too, shun. Cool vid!

Thanks, Soda. I did noticed I had put it in the wrong forum after I hit submit.

ktdids
01-19-2014, 09:27 PM
I found these clips as I was scrolling through Youtube, they may have been posted just recently maybe? Sorry I have no idea how to do anything but post the links and hope it works!

Love how Don manages everything from the request for chairs to the adjustment of the mike, criticizing one of the writers semi seriously, and laughing at Randy's answers to some of the questions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXRRQQjOvMA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IGMxh9h6yg

HenleyFan1971
01-19-2014, 11:36 PM
lol I don't blame I would want to sit down too lol

HenleyFan1971
01-19-2014, 11:38 PM
look like they took down the video of HOF ceremony so glad my hubby got onto DVD for me

sodascouts
01-20-2014, 10:11 PM
I found these clips as I was scrolling through Youtube, they may have been posted just recently maybe? Sorry I have no idea how to do anything but post the links and hope it works!

Love how Don manages everything from the request for chairs to the adjustment of the mike, criticizing one of the writers semi seriously, and laughing at Randy's answers to some of the questions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXRRQQjOvMA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IGMxh9h6yg

I hadn't seen these before. Don is so cute. Thanks!

I didn't know he gave Randy Newman the idea to write "I Love LA" (assuming Randy wasn't kidding - you can never tell with him).

ktdids
01-21-2014, 02:33 AM
I hadn't seen these before. Don is so cute. Thanks!

I didn't know he gave Randy Newman the idea to write "I Love LA" (assuming Randy wasn't kidding - you can never tell with him).

From the look on Don's face when Randy said that Don told him to write it, I think Don is just as surprised as anyone by that one!

What I really love about these clips is how loosy goosy Don is throughout the entire thing. Well, maybe comparatively I should say! No snark or sarcasm, he's almost jovial!