PDA

View Full Version : The sweetest 'thank you' I've ever gotten!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Just want to share with everyone that our fearless leader Nancy is the sweetest! Look what I got delivered a little while ago as a 'thank you' for keeping up with the EOC sites and Facebook! Since I would search out all this info regardless, such a nice thank you isn't at all needed. I'm just so very grateful that she gives us these ways of keeping up with our favorite guys and puts so much time, attention, and $$ herself to keep them all going. What a sweetheart!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/misc/IMG_20130122_110323_609.jpg

prayfordaylight
01-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Nancy, you are too much!

And VA, you TOTALLY deserve it!

Ive always been a dreamer
01-22-2013, 01:23 PM
AWWWW - that is very sweet! And well-deserved, VA! I love it when those unexpected gifts of appreciation come - they are the best ones of all to me.

I know we say this a lot around here, but that's because it's true and bears repeating ... ater all these years, it still amazes me the friendships that have been forged as a result of our Eagles fandom and these sites! So, long live The Border - it's worth the time and effort we put into it!!! :grouphug:

VAisForEagleLovers
01-22-2013, 01:28 PM
AWWWW - that is very sweet! And well-deserved, VA! I love it when those unexpected gifts of appreciation come - they are the best ones of all to me.

I know we say this a lot around here, but that's because it's true and bears repeating ... ater all these years, it still amazes me the friendships that have been forged as a result of our Eagles fandom and these sites! So, long live The Border - it's worth the time and effort we put into it!!! :grouphug:

Totally unexpected! I was trying to decide if I should run outside and chase down the guy due to some mistake being made before I found the card!

Definitely 'long live the Border'! :cheers:

Troubadour
01-22-2013, 01:30 PM
I completely agree with everything you said, Dreamer! What a lovely gift, VA. :grouphug:

EagleLady
01-22-2013, 01:34 PM
:grouphug: what a sweet gift VA

VAisForEagleLovers
01-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Of course, being my last name and all, roses are definitely my favorite flower!

Glennsallnighter
01-22-2013, 01:41 PM
What a lovely tribute VA! Let me add that we are all so grateful to you for your diligence, and to Soda for keeping the whole site running like clockwork!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-22-2013, 01:44 PM
I should mention that the words on the card were nicer than the flowers!

zeldabjr
01-22-2013, 01:51 PM
oh VA the flowers are beautiful (I could do without the Steelers stuff in the pic)...lol...Nancy is so sweet and you deserve them for sure!!!

GlennLover
01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
That was a lovely gesture, VA. You certainly do deserve it. Nancy deserves more than a few bouquets herself!

A sincere thank you to both of you & all others who help to make this such a wonderful cyber gathering place! I truly cherish the friendships I have made here, both face to face & online. The Border has become an integral part of my life. :grouphug:

TimothyBFan
01-22-2013, 02:47 PM
That was so sweet Nancy but I agree, very well deserving!!! Verna--you've been such a trooper!!! And, I, like everyone here, really, really appreciate it!!
:grouphug:

Brooke
01-22-2013, 04:20 PM
What a nice gesture! And yes, VA, you deserve it! Thanks so much for all you do around here! :rockon:

And thanks to Nancy and dreamer and the rest of you that keep us all up to date here and 'in the know' about our favorite band! :cheers:

Grey Sadler
01-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Suh-WEET!!!! :D

Freypower
01-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Just wonderful. What a lovely thing to do, Nancy. VA, roses are my favourite flower too. I didn't mind your Steelers memorabilia! Understandable!

We are an extremely strong, tight knit & ever growing community here & it's something of which we should all be very proud. :grouphug:

VAisForEagleLovers
01-22-2013, 05:17 PM
I didn't mind your Steelers memorabilia! Understandable!

Then you wouldn't mind visiting! Poor Zelda, I think she was traumatized for weeks after being here...

EagleLady
01-22-2013, 05:23 PM
I dont mind the steelers. The only teams I truly dislike are the Falcons, Cowboys and Patriots.

sodascouts
01-22-2013, 08:08 PM
You're very welcome! As has been said, it's well deserved!

Tiffanny Twisted
01-22-2013, 08:23 PM
wow..nancy such a nice thing to do.
va ...so well deserved.....

and yes you are all right ..some wonderful friendships have been forged and all in the name of The Eagles:grouphug:

lizzyplays
01-22-2013, 08:27 PM
Wow! Beautiful flowers for a beautiful person! Well deserved VA!! xx

VAisForEagleLovers
01-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Wow! Beautiful flowers for a beautiful person! Well deserved VA!! xx

Ah, Lizzy, you're too sweet!

Thank you, everyone for your kind words!

I want to mention, you only see a small portion of one in the picture, but my sister made my kitchen cabinets, with her own little hands. She's not a cabinetmaker by trade, she's some high-up muckety-muck at Alcoa. She makes furniture and wood-related stuff as a hobby and I was lucky enough that she offered to make cabinets for me.

Witchy Woman
01-22-2013, 09:23 PM
That's very sweet !!

It's always nice when someone takes the time to recognize your hard work and dedication !!

Lisa
01-22-2013, 11:55 PM
How thoughtful! All of the colors in the arrangement are put together in such an artistic and beautiful design. Congratulations for your hard-earned recognition!

WalshFan88
01-25-2013, 02:00 PM
That's very nice. Thanks for all you do for the sites/page!