PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on board conflict

lizzyplays
01-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Well, I somehow deleted my entire comment before it posted! I don't have the heart or patience to write what I wrote before, but here goes the short version.

This is in response to the other thread where Felder became subject and was off topic and things got heated. I shy away from those debates, mostly because I don't contain the knowledge that you guys do.

What I wanted to say in reference to someone's comment about how people's tone or attitude seems brash or confrontational (and i see that in many threads so I'm not isolating anyone), but I tend to agree with that... i see a lot of comments that seem that way.

I had a conversation last night with VA. I am in the middle of Felders' book and this is the ONLY written material I have ever read about any of the past, except what I read here. I'm only 2/3 way through, but being a Felder fan, I was kind of taking his side. So i went to VA and asked her questions like "how did she know this, how do u know what glenn did or don h?" Instead of jumping down my throat and berating me for daring to question anything about Glenn/Don, she chatted with me civilly. She offered up questions of her own to me. Pointed out different perspectives or ways to look at the various things that were happening. And she never once made me feel as I was being attacked or that I was doing any attacking. I am naive on all this, not sure why or how I came to favor Felder... I really have no clue. It's just always been my opinion for years and years. I supposed media had a big part in that. :-)

Bottom line, that is how you carry out a debate. With thoughtful insight, offering up facts as you know them, presenting new ideas in a non hostile way. I was never once scared to ask her ANYTHING or say anything on such a hot topic and trust me, sometimes you guys scare the pee out of me. :hilarious:

So, thanks VA for just being you and being helpful in getting me to understand things. :hug::xoxo:

Tiffanny Twisted
01-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Yeah VA ...such a class lady :)

zeldabjr
01-26-2013, 09:37 PM
I love your post Lizzy...I feel the same way...I am often very reluctant to say anything for fear of getting jumped on...as I too am not as knowledgable about a lot of things as many on the board...we all come to this board with only one thing in common...love for this band...after that we all have different levels of knowledge regarding their history...and I love learning about them and love hearing differing opinions so I can learn as many angles of a debate as possible...
oh and you're right about VA..she's a doll! (even though she's a Pittsburgh fan!) hehehe

Tiffanny Twisted
01-26-2013, 09:59 PM
I enjoy reading all the wonderfull info on this site,
I appreciate all the time it takes out of busy lives to post and keep us all in the loop.I like the history too....
I like getting different perspectives on things,,,
I too at time have felt that "some individuals" tend to be confrentational as Lizzy mentions.....Its ashame,,,,I would like to think that people dont mean to be as "brash" sounding as they are or as they come off to be,. but then again maybe I am a pollyanna in a bitter world
I come here for enjoyment and being around other people who have loved this band for 42 years.
Isnt it wonderful that they are all still here and healthy and still wanna bring us joy and perform>

lizzyplays
01-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Thanks! I really wanted to make the point that it IS possible to have totally different opinions and be able to have thought-provoking, intellectual conversations and debates.

Maybe VA was sitting at her computer, throwing her hands up in the air in disgust, every time I questioned a Glenn/DonH motive, but she never let on to me that did. And we're not all the same. Not everyone can be a VA, or be like me and detest conflict (for no reason in most cases).

I'm here to learn, I don't have much to share, but I enjoy what is being shared with me and most of all, I love the friendships being made. I'm a sap. I just wanted VA to be recognized for handling me with her own special brand of kid gloves. :thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
01-26-2013, 10:13 PM
recognized:thumbsup:

sodascouts
01-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Didn't mean to scare you, LP, or anyone else.

It's a good idea for everyone to make sure their posts don't contain language that is too emotionally charged or that makes things into a personal issue, myself included.

Side note - If you detest conflict you must not go to too many GNR boards, eh? lol

lizzyplays
01-27-2013, 12:24 AM
Didn't mean to scare you, LP.

It's a good idea for everyone to make sure their posts don't contain language that is too emotionally charged or that makes things personal, myself included.

Side note - If you detest conflict you must not go to too many GNR boards, eh? lol

LOL. I actually don't go to any GNR forums because they are always filled with foul mouthed kids! I took Slash and the other guys side when it all fell apart and I'll never be swayed from that. Instead I have friends like Willy and a bunch of older women and men that I found on Twitter, who have the same views. To me just like politics, I don't mind having an intelligent debate but I'm not going to respond to stupid jokes or made up facts. I saw someone post a so called you yesterday about Michelle Obama fist pumping and how she wasn't a good first lady because of that and I thought really? With everything going on in the world, that's your political statement? I can't be bothered with nonsense!!
Anyways, I just think debates and different opinions can be handled civilly and VA was a perfect example and I appreciated it!!

Topkat
01-27-2013, 11:18 AM
Well, I am just now reading this thread & I must say that it surprises me how some of you reacted to my post on the other thread because I do not feel I was was being confrontational.. By using the term, "Excuse me ?" is that confrontational? I didn't think so...Maybe you have interpreted that way, but it was just an expression.
I felt I was being attacked, & there are several people on here that will jump all over anyone who says a nice thing about Don Felder!
Saying something nice about Felder is NOT a statement against Don, or Glenn, but that is how many seem to interpret it..

I also read Felder's book, & we are yet to hear the other side of the story from either Glenn or Don, so none of us know the true story of what went down between them. We will probably never know the real truth anyway.

I would just appreciate not being jumped on for saying a kind word about Don Felder.. I do think he is very talented & was a great addition to the Eagles.

I am not here to argue with anyone. I hate confrontation. I have met several of you in person & I do consider you friends.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Bottom line, that is how you carry out a debate. With thoughtful insight, offering up facts as you know them, presenting new ideas in a non hostile way. I was never once scared to ask her ANYTHING or say anything on such a hot topic and trust me, sometimes you guys scare the pee out of me. :hilarious:

So, thanks VA for just being you and being helpful in getting me to understand things. :hug::xoxo:

Ahhhh, Lizzy, you are too sweet! Thank you for listening to my somewhat long-winded explanation for why I think the way I do.

Yeah VA ...such a class lady :)

...and you're right about VA..she's a doll! (even though she's a Pittsburgh fan!) hehehe

You all are too kind, too. I need to make a copy of this and send it to my brother, he'll never believe it!

Maybe VA was sitting at her computer, throwing her hands up in the air in disgust, every time I questioned a Glenn/DonH motive, but she never let on to me that did.

I wasn't doing that at all!

On this particular topic, we've only had one side presented to us, and even that was just what the publisher printed. I was more vocal than what I intended with my opinion in the book thread and have zero wish to state it again. Perhaps I'll have a different opinion once both parts of the movie are made public. There are two things I have very strong opinions on. 1) None of them were perfect or blameless in any of it and 2) They are still the best band EVER.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-27-2013, 03:22 PM
i agree with VA
1) none of them were perfect or blameless in any of it
2) They are still the best band ever.

I think JMo that what went on with those guys we will never hear the whole thing. It is what it is...
Its not for me to take sides or stick up for anyone....cause I dont think anyone is trying to take away the talent that each and every member brings/brought to the table.
It si for me just to enjoy thes guys and look back in found memeory that they have been the sound track of my life..
god bless ...the boys

lizzyplays
01-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Totally agree too on both accounts!

maryc2130
01-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Being a relative newbie, I did notice that there were
some...er...disagreements on the board. I belong to two other message boards, and while they've had little spats here and there, for the most part, they're a little less confrontational. (I think,anyway ;). As I, said I'm a newbie so these are just my first impressions.) I was thinking about it the other day, and sort of thought, "Well, it's kind of funny because the Eagles have certainly had their problems getting along." So the board is in some ways a little like the band in that respect. LOL.

And it's also very true that the things we love are the ones we have the strongest feelings about! But all that being said, I do agree with the move toward respecting each other in our disagreements. Hopefully, we can all agree to disagree in certain areas, and still end up liking each other!

Just my two cents!!!

WalshFan88
01-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Very nice post LP and I agree with you. I also agree with VA about the fact we haven't heard the other side to it. I'm hoping maybe in Part 2 of the upcoming doc that we may get more insight into what took place from BOTH sides.

I love Don Felder a LOT for his guitar playing and for his musical contributions to the band. I also think the dynamic between him and Joe Walsh was something special and I miss it dearly. I'm not taking anything away from Bernie Leadon or Steuart Smith, but I believe that duo really is the iconic duo of the band. Comparable to many other band duos (Perry/Whitford, Angus/Malcolm, etc etc etc).

I don't know anything about Don's personality as I've never met him but in guitar-related interviews he's always come across humble to me anyway.

I'd love for DF to play again with the Eagles even if only for HC, but I don't even look for that to happen with what I'm hearing with interviews and such. I guess I've always got my bootlegs and the upcoming 8 songs on the documentary DVD. :partytime:

Grey Sadler
01-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Oh dear...my take on this...the same thing I tell my students when they ask me my favorite class/student/etc..."I love everybody. I don't always love the things you do."

Going on TT's points:
1) There were no saints in this band and there will never be. Not even my 2 obvious favorites. The band history is what it is and can't be changed...only explained, I suppose. I just still want to say "can't y'all just get along for more than the RRHOF show??"

2) As we say in my neck of the woods...DALE YEAH!! :thumbsup:

My previous experience on a board for "another" band...one of the co-admins had her favorite. Don't even think anything the slightest bit derogatory about "P", she'll ban you and talk about you like a dog in the "secret threads"...don't even insinuate his voice has changed over the last 10 years...:-x
There were also lots of bombardment with "I refuse to listen to this band as long as P and A aren't involved, the rest are fakes!" I don't feel like any of these attitudes like that exist here and of that I'm soooo glad!!

lizzyplays
01-28-2013, 05:55 AM
I mostly wanted to point out that it IS possible to have differing opinions BUT still be able to carry out debate in a civil and friendly manner, and that's why I singled out my chat with VA. I don't think anyone here hates another member or is trying to be mean, but we all agree some threads 'sound' that way, whether intended or not. Generally, I am laughing at them, but that's because I'm not that kind of person and I wonder why people get so heated about things they can't change (like someone else's opinion!). :-)

This was intended as more of a praise for VA than a diss to anyone involved in arguments. :angel:

TimothyBFan
01-28-2013, 08:46 AM
:applause: Well stated my friend!

Might I suggest that this thread be mandatory reading for every member of this board? :hilarious:

Seriously tho, It seems to have gotten a bit worse the last several months. I don't remember it ever being quite as "heated" several years ago. For the most part I attempt to ignore the ones that seem to get so heated and stay clear of them but unfortunately, a few month ago, I found myself responding to what I took as someone being attacked for absolutely no reason other than stating their opinion. It wasn't what they were stating (I actually had agreed with what they were saying in the past) but that they were doing it so harshly.... It wasn't what they were saying so much as the way they were saying it and I pulled myself into that discussion & said how I felt then realized I might of been a bit harsh the way I stated my opinion and apologized to who I felt I might of offended. I received several messages from other board members thanking me for standing up and a few messages from others that believed I shouldn't have done it. I will stick by what I said because it hadn't been the first time I had seen it happen & I know I didn't score points with a few people here but I was sick of seeing this. That being said, I stepped away for a week or so from the board and didn't even touch it because I thought it was so crazy to get upset about a message board for goodness sake. I don't have time or the patience for that and I try to remember some people just seem to thrive on causing controversy. I had a long talk with Soda regarding the situation and told her how I was feeling and apologized to her for any added problems I may have caused by getting emotional about it. Also told her that I wouldn't want to be her and trying to keep control of some of those situations.

I will never walk away from this board for any reason but there are times I feel it's good to step back, take a deep breath and get a bit of perspective of what it's all about--our universal love of the Eagles! That we can agree on.

GlennLover
01-28-2013, 11:43 AM
:applause: Well stated my friend!

Might I suggest that this thread be mandatory reading for every member of this board? :hilarious:

Seriously tho, It seems to have gotten a bit worse the last several months. I don't remember it ever being quite as "heated" several years ago. For the most part I attempt to ignore the ones that seem to get so heated and stay clear of them but unfortunately, a few month ago, I found myself responding to what I took as someone being attacked for absolutely no reason other than stating their opinion. It wasn't what they were stating (I actually had agreed with what they were saying in the past) but that they were doing it so harshly.... It wasn't what they were saying so much as the way they were saying it and I pulled myself into that discussion & said how I felt then realized I might of been a bit harsh the way I stated my opinion and apologized to who I felt I might of offended. I received several messages from other board members thanking me for standing up and a few messages from others that believed I shouldn't have done it. I will stick by what I said because it hadn't been the first time I had seen it happen & I know I didn't score points with a few people here but I was sick of seeing this. That being said, I stepped away for a week or so from the board and didn't even touch it because I thought it was so crazy to get upset about a message board for goodness sake. I don't have time or the patience for that and I try to remember some people just seem to thrive on causing controversy. I had a long talk with Soda regarding the situation and told her how I was feeling and apologized to her for any added problems I may have caused by getting emotional about it. Also told her that I wouldn't want to be her and trying to keep control of some of those situations.

I will never walk away from this board for any reason but there are times I feel it's good to step back, take a deep breath and get a bit of perspective of what it's all about--our universal love of the Eagles! That we can agree on.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, TBF. I find that I have had to "step away" as well lately, mainly by visiting less often & refraining from getting involved in certain topics on various threads. Hopefully this thread will "clear the air" & we will get back to "normal" (without so much conflict with members discussing topics in a more congenial way, respecting each others point of view). :) Afterall, the purpose of this board is to celebrate our favourite band.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-28-2013, 12:33 PM
The (much) younger generation has gotten accustomed to communicating via the written word, texting, social media, etc. People like me are more accustomed to talking on the phone or actually speaking to someone in the same room. The things I rely on, tone of voice, facial expressions, body language, is all missing and emoticons are a poor substitute. I'm 'old fashioned' enough that I've never found a snarky comment followed by 'lmao', 'lol', or a smiley to be funny.

It's a good reminder, though, that even when you type something in meaning it in the best possible way, someone else can read it entirely differently. Maybe I'll start re-reading my posts before hitting Submit!

sodascouts
01-28-2013, 12:39 PM
It's difficult. I certainly don't want people to be upset and feel they have to "step away" but what's the solution? Issuing warnings and strikes to people whenever they are rude? Be rude four times and you're banned? I didn't think our community would want that type of administrative heavy-handedness but perhaps I was wrong.

Another difficulty is that I come from a different background than many of you; I've been posting on conflict-ridden message boards since the nineties and as such I have a pretty thick skin. What I consider extreme behavior on a message board may not be the same as what you do. It's a problem.

Topkat
01-28-2013, 01:10 PM
The (much) younger generation has gotten accustomed to communicating via the written word, texting, social media, etc. People like me are more accustomed to talking on the phone or actually speaking to someone in the same room. The things I rely on, tone of voice, facial expressions, body language, is all missing and emoticons are a poor substitute. I'm 'old fashioned' enough that I've never found a snarky comment followed by 'lmao', 'lol', or a smiley to be funny.

It's a good reminder, though, that even when you type something in meaning it in the best possible way, someone else can read it entirely differently. Maybe I'll start re-reading my posts before hitting Submit!

VA, I too am old school and here on the board, we do not have the face to face communication & tone of voice to rely on. I think sometimes things that are really not intended to be harsh, may come off that way to other people, depending on who is reading it & their interpretion of the wording. We are also all from different parts of the country & even different parts of the world, so maybe what seems ok to some, may not be okay to others here.

I do hope that we can get to the point where things aren't taken out of context....We are all here for our mutual love of the Eagles, & we each have our favorites, so we may have a different view on certain issues. I do think we can work on it....

VAisForEagleLovers
01-28-2013, 01:23 PM
We are definitely here for our mutual love of our guys. We have a lot of other great topics that get a lot of discussion, even the weather, but the guys are the glue that holds us together! I guess we all need to be a bit more cognizant when writing a post that there are a lot of interpretations that can be put on the written word.

lizzyplays
01-28-2013, 03:21 PM
:grouphug:GROUP HUG!!!!!:grouphug:

GlennLover
01-28-2013, 04:10 PM
:grouphug:

GlennLover
01-28-2013, 04:30 PM
It's difficult. I certainly don't want people to be upset and feel they have to "step away" but what's the solution? Issuing warnings and strikes to people whenever they are rude? Be rude four times and you're banned? I didn't think our community would want that type of administrative heavy-handedness but perhaps I was wrong.

I agree, Soda. Each one of us can choose for ourselves how much of our time & the amount of our participation we want to give to the board.

I am old school as well, so I take I long time writing my posts to try to word them so I don't offend anyone. As a result I don't post that much & most of my posts are short. However, I agree that because we are from places all over the globe & have different frames of reference we interpret messages in different ways. Even the most carefully worded post could still be considered offensive to some.

So, hopefully we will all try our best not to offend & just enjoy the board for the purpose for which it was created. :pray:

In making this post I hope that I have been successful in not offending anyone.

Glennhoney
01-28-2013, 05:06 PM
I agree with you wholeheartedly, TBF. I find that I have had to "step away" as well lately, mainly by visiting less often & refraining from getting involved in certain topics on various threads. Hopefully this thread will "clear the air" & we will get back to "normal" (without so much conflict with members discussing topics in a more congenial way, respecting each others point of view). :) Afterall, the purpose of this board is to celebrate our favourite band.

:thumbsup:

Grey Sadler
01-28-2013, 05:16 PM
<snip>...
So, hopefully we will all try our best not to offend & just enjoy the board for the purpose for which it was created. :pray:

In making this post I hope that I have been successful in not offending anyone.

+1 :thumbsup:

I will also take a cue from VK and reread my posts before hitting submit...starting now...

Edited to say: I need to check for spelling as well as perceived intent...yeesh

Houston Debutante
01-28-2013, 05:19 PM
I typically don't visit this forum but I saw the Felder title and thought I might need to throw my two cents in, only to see we're not really talking about Felder which perhaps is for the best as maybe there are people who would say I have been rude to them when I was defending Don ~ Don Henley, that is ~ even though I didn't mean to be.

Anyway I know I'm new but to me this place is mellow compared to some other boards I have been a member of. I've been to places where there is constant negativity, when there is any activity at all, and the administrators played favorites so much that even if you were their friend you couldn't help but notice how bad it was. I don't see that here.

I hate it when admins start coming down on people, issuing strikes and deleting people all over the place, because everyone starts to feel like if they make a wrong move they'll be next. I understand there are people who have to be banned if they are really bad but being banned if someone complains about you being rude... well I know one board I used to be on pretty much died after the admins got a reputation for banning people they didn't like.

From my short time posting here only two people have been rude to me and the rest have been very nice. Those are good odds.

lizzyplays
01-28-2013, 05:36 PM
I don't think, nor have I personally seen, anything or anyone that needed reprimanded by admins (doesn't mean it doesn't exist). My comments were based on my reactions when reading certain threads that did contain bickering and I would think to myself "good grief! I can't imagine approaching someone in that manner." As I said, most of the times I just sat back and quietly laughed, because it seemed so funny. I started cracking random jokes about not wanting people to holler at me that way, or not wanting people to jump down my throat, but they were just that... light-hearted jokes.

As far as I am concerned, this is the best forum I've ever been on! And I haven't met anyone here that I don't like or can't get along with. And if you have enough conversations with the others, you find out you have lots more in common besides an all out love for the Eagles, and I love discovering those things.

Cheers!!!

http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/hh425/Tnyorkiemom/emoticon-drinking-wine-MH900437986.jpg

Grey Sadler
01-28-2013, 05:37 PM
I hate it when admins start coming down on people, issuing strikes and deleting people all over the place, because everyone starts to feel like if they make a wrong move they'll be next. I understand there are people who have to be banned if they are really bad but being banned if someone complains about you being rude... well I know one board I used to be on pretty much died after the admins got a reputation for banning people they didn't like.

Which was exactly my point on why I feel more comfortable at this board than the "other" one I mentioned...and it was the "nicer" of all that band's boards, trust me...

From my short time posting here only two people have been rude to me and the rest have been very nice. Those are good odds.
:hug: I feel the same and I hope I didn't contribute. We all step on each others toes once in a while...but I hope that becomes a really rare occurrence.

Topkat
01-28-2013, 06:35 PM
I don't think anyone here needs to be "banned". That should only be for threats or really foul language....Then I could see banning someone from a board.
We are all passionate about our guys, so sometimes things may seem a bit heated. Maybe we feel the need to defend our views....I know sometimes my feelings may be hurt about some stuff, but I try to let it go.

I think we get along pretty well on this board. I have not been on many boards, but I have seen some ugly stuff on other forums that I felt I did not want to be a part of. I think this is a really great group & I hope we can try to be kind to each other & still get our points across & try not to hurt each others feelings! Peace Out!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Freypower
01-28-2013, 07:36 PM
I typically don't visit this forum but I saw the Felder title and thought I might need to throw my two cents in, only to see we're not really talking about Felder which perhaps is for the best as maybe there are people who would say I have been rude to them when I was defending Don ~ Don Henley, that is ~ even though I didn't mean to be.

Anyway I know I'm new but to me this place is mellow compared to some other boards I have been a member of. I've been to places where there is constant negativity, when there is any activity at all, and the administrators played favorites so much that even if you were their friend you couldn't help but notice how bad it was. I don't see that here.

HD, I really have to apologise to you here. I was rude to you. As an moderator I should have known better. I should have known better, full stop. Your opinions & views are as valid as mine. Like everyone else, I have no desire to argue with anyone. I express myself too forcefully on occasion & as some genius once said I need to lighten up. I extend this apology to anyone else I may have offended.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-28-2013, 08:24 PM
:grouphug:Wow go to the movies and not check in before bed and you miss a lot around here..lol

Frypower...very nice post with very valid points.THank you:)

GREYSADler...you always make me smile and your posts in this thread are very valid. I like what you said about"liking you all but not always liking some things you do ."(paraphrasing here). SO thank you too:):grouphug:(hug is cause you always send it to me when I need it so...thanks)

VA-I agree...written word is tough sometimes when you dont have someones facial expression or body language to gear the written word along with it. :)

Soda- I think you have creatied a wonderful place to be---a place where we all love this band in one way shape form or another and have a safe place to gather info and expresss opinions...thank you:)

ALl the above being said...I am a terrible typist but worse a bad speller..so sorry in advance you all...Somone mentioned in this thread something about some people just being ones to start things...Where I work...we have some people who choose to "get their big sticks out and contantly stir up trouble to make themselves look better" . As I have said to a supervisor..."I dont play that game..." If I take away the stick..there is nothing to use to stir up the trouble. I think there is no need to "stir up issues" here...it never struck me as the place to do it..We all need to feel safe to express our opinions without hurting anyone elses .

It has Never been my intent and if I ever did it to anyone...i am sorry.
Never was my intent..
I just love this place cause it keeps me in the loop and there are so many cool pictures of "hot " guys...lol:computer:
with that , I'll spell check again.

sodascouts
01-29-2013, 03:10 AM
Thanks for your comments, everybody. The moderators and I want to assure everyone that we are listening to your concerns and we are considering how to best address them in order to make peoples' experience here as good as it can be. We will do what we can, but we also ask all members to consider these comments and attempt to police yourself so that all of us are treating everyone in the community with respect.

lizzyplays
01-29-2013, 10:09 PM
Soooo, how about that Felder? :hilarious::jawdrop::shrug::twisted:

TimothyBFan
01-30-2013, 10:18 AM
people who choose to "get their big sticks out and contantly stir up trouble to make themselves look better" .

:hilarious: I've never heard that before but I love it!! It made me laugh.

Houston Debutante
01-30-2013, 01:06 PM
HD, I really have to apologise to you here. I was rude to you. As an moderator I should have known better. I should have known better, full stop. Your opinions & views are as valid as mine. Like everyone else, I have no desire to argue with anyone. I express myself too forcefully on occasion & as some genius once said I need to lighten up. I extend this apology to anyone else I may have offended.

Thanks, that's very nice of you. Sorry if I came off as confrontational.

sodascouts
01-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Soooo, how about that Felder? :hilarious::jawdrop::shrug::twisted:
If you want to talk about Felder's book, I'd suggest you head to the Heaven and Hell thread (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585). I think I'll move this thread because it doesn't really deal with Felder so much as generalized perceptions of the board and member behavior, although I might need to change the thread name so as to avoid confusion - maybe "Thoughts on board conflict" or something to that effect. If you just want to praise Felder in general, I suggest you start a new thread that focuses on that from the beginning.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-30-2013, 02:19 PM
:hilarious: I've never heard that before but I love it!! It made me laugh.

thanks glad it made you laugh..

i cleaned it up for the board.. some people like to stir up __ ___ ___ ___
fill in he blanks.lol

lizzyplays
01-30-2013, 04:58 PM
If you want to talk about Felder's book, I'd suggest you head to the Heaven and Hell thread (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585). I think I'll move this thread because it doesn't really deal with Felder so much as generalized perceptions of the board and member behavior, although I might need to change the thread name so as to avoid confusion - maybe "Thoughts on board conflict" or something to that effect. If you just want to praise Felder in general, I suggest you start a new thread that focuses on that from the beginning.

That comment was a joke. I thought the emoticons made that clear. :-) Moving the thread and changing the name is perfectly fine with me. The only person I wanted to praise was VA for being able to have a civil conversation and debate with me about something we didn't necessarily agree on.

sodascouts
01-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Cool. I'll move it out of Felder's forum then. And even though you were joking before about actually wanting to talk about Felder, I encourage you to visit Felder's forum and post your reactions to his book if you get a chance. I'm interested to hear them. :)

Lisa
01-30-2013, 08:33 PM
I like each of the Eagles. I do like Don Felder!

Witchy Woman
01-31-2013, 12:41 AM
I haven't been here very long but I think you guys are pretty great, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you on Friday. Disagreements happen. We all have our opinions, especially about our favorite member. I may not agree with some things said here, but I am an adult, and I find it tedious to argue over what I think are frivolous things. As we have seen in the "What's going on in your life ?" thread that there are far more important things to worry about then whether Glenn is given credit for doing something Don is mentioned as doing also or not.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-31-2013, 07:43 AM
I haven't been here very long but I think you guys are pretty great, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you on Friday. Disagreements happen. We all have our opinions, especially about our favorite member. I may not agree with some things said here, but I am an adult, and I find it tedious to argue over what I think are frivolous things. As we have seen in the "What's going on in your life ?" thread that there are far more important things to worry about then whether Glenn is given credit for doing something Don is mentioned as doing also or not.

well said ww:thumbsup:

lizzyplays
02-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Cool. I'll move it out of Felder's forum then. And even though you were joking before about actually wanting to talk about Felder, I encourage you to visit Felder's forum and post your reactions to his book if you get a chance. I'm interested to hear them. :)

Just wanted to let you know that I wasn't ignoring this part! lol I will post some reactions about the book as soon as I get them together. I'd like to really put some thought and reasoning into what I have to say. :thumbsup: