PDA

View Full Version : Styx

zeldabjr
02-01-2013, 11:46 PM
I just watched a special on VH1 Classic called Styx: The Grand Illusion/Pieces of Eight...really good...I guess there's a DVD of it...might have to buy it...always loved them!...but got really sick of Dennis DeYoung...and he's not in this!

TimothyBFan
02-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Don't get me started!!! :hilarious:

Like I told you on FB---GET IT!!! You will not be disappointed. And if you ever get a chance to see them in concert, DO IT!!!! They are worth every penny and then some!!! I guarantee it.

I'll get back to this thread later with some goodies!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Styx, Tommy and Lawrence. Have stories about stalking Tommy when I was in my early and mid teens in one of the local bowling alleys here. :hilarious: He just bought another house a few miles from here. Really a nice guy.

TimothyBFan
02-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Here's a little story from the other night. An online friend was at their concert and had 4th row tickets but Styx is one of those bands that doesn't care if you come to the stage and, in fact, encourages it by letting the fans strum their guitars and throwing out all kinds of picks and goodies into the audience, etc.... This friend went up to the stage several times, only to be told to go back to her seat by a, as she put it, "Nazi security lady". The 3rd time, she was actually told she was going to get thrown out if she didn't stay in her seat. She hung around after the show talking to some other hardcore fans,when a different security guy came up to her and introduced himself as head of security, told her how sorry he was that she'd been treated like that. Apparently Tommy had seen what had happened and had someone track down one of the heads of security to apologize to her. He recognized her as a regular at many of their concerts and was upset she had been treated that way. The head of security explained that "Nazi security lady" was new and rather to ambitious in her security measures. :hilarious: Now that is a group that appreciates their fans and aims to keep them happy and coming back.

prayfordaylight
02-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Here's a little story from the other night. An online friend was at their concert and had 4th row tickets but Styx is one of those bands that doesn't care if you come to the stage and, in fact, encourages it by letting the fans strum their guitars and throwing out all kinds of picks and goodies into the audience, etc.... This friend went up to the stage several times, only to be told to go back to her seat by a, as she put it, "Nazi security lady". The 3rd time, she was actually told she was going to get thrown out if she didn't stay in her seat. She hung around after the show talking to some other hardcore fans,when a different security guy came up to her and introduced himself as head of security, told her how sorry he was that she'd been treated like that. Apparently Tommy had seen what had happened and had someone track down one of the heads of security to apologize to her. He recognized her as a regular at many of their concerts and was upset she had been treated that way. The head of security explained that "Nazi security lady" was new and rather to ambitious in her security measures. :hilarious: Now that is a group that appreciates their fans and aims to keep them happy and coming back.

I'm not a Styx fan but that gives me a lot of respect for them.

Brooke
02-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Cool story, TBF! Good for them!

sodascouts
02-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Awesome story!