PDA

View Full Version : Groundhog's Day

Victim of Love
02-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Punksutawney Phil failed to see his shadow this morning in Pennsylvania, indicating the arrival of an early spring...although it remains to be seen.

Bill Murray's character in Groundhog's Day woke up every new morning with "I Got You, Babe" playing on the radio. If you were he, what song would be your wake-up tune, day after day after day after...(until you got life right)

EagleLady
02-02-2013, 04:23 PM
It varies, from year to year for me, This Year I would probably choose a day in the life and or Kashmir.

zeldabjr
02-02-2013, 05:23 PM
I'd have to say my favorite Eagles song...I Can't Tell You Why...nothing better for me in the morning than a little TBS!

hate to admit it...but I've never seen the movie!

Freypower
02-02-2013, 05:24 PM
If you think it should be your favourite song, then A Day In The Life.

Victim of Love
02-02-2013, 05:29 PM
It doesn't need to be your favorite song or even an Eagles tune, rather one that you feel would be most appropriate for where you are in life and where you want to end up! Haven't figured out my own yet but I know a few people who "Desperado" would be appropriate for IMO (NOT anybody here on The Border)!

Freypower
02-02-2013, 06:08 PM
In that case probably Solid Rock by Dire Straits or Glenn's Here's To Life or This Way To Happiness.

Topkat
02-02-2013, 06:49 PM
I think the song I would most like to hear every morning is "Here Comes the Sun" by George Harrison. I think it would put me in a good mood...I love that song

EagleLady
02-02-2013, 07:02 PM
I dont mean to be pedantic but even though its written entirely by George, it is considered a Beatles song.

Troubadour
02-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Joni Mitchell - All I Want

Topkat
02-02-2013, 11:19 PM
I dont mean to be pedantic but even though its written entirely by George, it is considered a Beatles song.

Yes, technically it is a Beatles song, but I guess I call it a Harrison song, because it's mostly him...

Freypower
02-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Yes, technically it is a Beatles song, but I guess I call it a Harrison song, because it's mostly him...

Even though the other three play on it & Paul & John harmonise on it. You'd be much better referring to Yesterday as a McCartney song, because the other Beatles don't play on that song. But I don't do that. If the songs are labelled 'the Beatles' to me that's what they are.

Anyway it's a great choice for this topic.

Troubadour
02-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Off topic, but I love your new avatar, FP!

TimothyBFan
02-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Saw the title of this thread and just had to post this video here ---Love my Jonny!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D-Qov92W00