PDA

View Full Version : Help on personal project Soundtrack

thelongrun
02-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Hi there there. I want to ask for your help for these… Project I have. Next Year 2014 me and my 4 best friends, since childhood, will have our 50 Birthday, through some Months but we were talking and decided to make one common celebration, you know a huge one instead of individual “parties”. Of course we will invite mothers, wives, sons, lots of friends, cousins but they will be adiviced we will please ourselves, since we want a a non traditional Party for ex. we will hire a Rock Band with set list four us, like 70s material. Having said that, since I am a Memories freak I have lots of photos from us since kids, I am thinking to surprise them with a Video made with these photos, taken through the last 35 five years, also in secret I wil get very old photos from their moms or wives … you know, I will make it with Windows Movie Maker (I will have to learn by the way), and here is where I ask you guys for your help: The Music. My friends and I share a love for Eagles, America, CSNY, FW Mac etc., so I know what Songs to take, but, I was thinking will be nice those Songs or some set e could be one with related appropriate Lyrics, those ones who talk about friendship, shared lifetime follow me? So, since my English is not that good I ask for your advice, your suggestions, no matter the number I will make some Medley (that, I know to do).

Example these comes to my mind, art these OK? I need plenty more.

James Taylor You ve got a friend
Mike and The M’s, Carrack The living Years
Neil Diamond He ain’t heavy
Andrew Gold? Thank you for being a friend

Well, that’s the idea. Any help will be app. Thanks!!!!

Freypower
02-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Off the top of my head there is Queen's Friends Will Be Friends & Bill Withers' Lean On Me.

sodascouts
02-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide" might be a good one - it talks about how your life and relationships change over time but in the end, you can still connect if you try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM7-PYtXtJM

Freypower
02-04-2013, 04:43 PM
And don't forget Friends by Led Zeppelin!

And Whenever I Call You Friend by Ms Nicks & Kenny Loggins!

There is a track called Old 67 from Elton John's Captain & The Kid album where he & Bernie Taupin relive their relationship.

Witchy Woman
02-04-2013, 04:45 PM
You're My Best Friend - Queen
Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler
With A Little Help From My Friends - The Beatles
You've Got A Friend In Me - Randy Newman
Stand By Me - Ben E. King
That's What Friends Are For - Dionne Warwick & Friends
Graduation (Friends Forever) - Vitamin C

Topkat
02-04-2013, 06:14 PM
How about
Bridge Over Troubled Water/ Simon & Garfunkel
Reelin' In the Years / Steely Dan

Freypower
02-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Reelin' In The Years? That song is about how a friendship/relationship has gone bad; 'the things you think are precious I can't understand'.

Perhaps Glenn's My Buddy or even Joe's Family would work.

thelongrun
02-05-2013, 05:52 PM
So far so good friends please keep them coming!

Soda, actually, even having my doubts, I picked Landslide to Waltz my baby girls on her 15 Party. 15 Birthdays are a huge Celeb down here, like Prom Niight in the USA, I am not sure UK...

Ok Thanks all... any more?

Victim of Love
02-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Maybe "Because You Loved Me" -- I've got it by Celine Dion....it's a great expression of sticking together thru thick and thin, no matter what. Just a thought.