PDA

View Full Version : Metallica

sodascouts
02-14-2013, 11:21 AM
I was never a huge fan of Metallica, especially after Lars Ulrich pissed me off in the 90s, but I felt for them when I saw this article:

Metallica told US military: Stop using our music as torture (http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/metallica-told-us-military-stop-using-our-music-as-torture/)

How awful to discover your music was being used that way!

EagleLady
02-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Thats Horrible

Brooke
02-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Yikes!

Witchy Woman
02-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Metallica is my all time favorite group. I can understand why they wouldn't want their music to be used for torture.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Metallica is my all time favorite group. I can understand why they wouldn't want their music to be used for torture.

Not sure how I knew that MetallicA is your favorite group, but I did know that already!

Witchy Woman
02-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Not sure how I knew that MetallicA is your favorite group, but I did know that already!

Lol Verna !! :hilarious:

Troubadour
02-19-2013, 10:19 AM
This was posted on the official Metallica Facebook page yesterday:

There has been a lot of talk recently about us asking the military not to use our music to "soften people up before interrogation". We NEVER commented to the military either way on this matter. Any statements that have been made otherwise are not correct.

On a sidenote, I love Metallica! S&M remains one of my favourite live albums. Hearing that monstrous rock music complemented by the San Francisco Symphony is so powerful!

prayfordaylight
02-19-2013, 02:41 PM
This was posted on the official Metallica Facebook page yesterday:On a sidenote, I love Metallica! S&M remains one of my favourite live albums. Hearing that monstrous rock music complemented by the San Francisco Symphony is so powerful!

I love S&M too. It's fantastic.

sodascouts
02-20-2013, 05:42 PM
Sorry for posting false info, guys. I should have known "classicrockmagazine" wasn't necessarily reliable. They seem to mine a lot of their info from the web without checking the original source.

Prettymaid
02-20-2013, 06:43 PM
I didn't read the article Soda linked to, but couldn't help LOL at this!

Witchy Woman
02-20-2013, 11:24 PM
Sorry for posting false info, guys. I should have known "classicrockmagazine" wasn't necessarily reliable. They seem to mine a lot of their info from the web without checking the original source.

It's certainly not your fault. It's plausible that they would be unhappy with that. No harm, no foul. :)

Here's a link to an article where they deny the rumors.

http://www.spin.com/articles/metallica-torture-navy-seal-esquire-shooter-osama-bin-laden