PDA

View Full Version : RIP Mindy McCready

EagleLady
02-17-2013, 10:51 PM
Just heard that Mindy McCready has committed Suicide. She was 37. Thoughts and prayers to her family

VAisForEagleLovers
02-17-2013, 11:03 PM
I just saw this on Facebook, where I get all my news... Such a shame. She played at the local fair here about five years ago, I missed her due to a family obligation.

zeldabjr
02-17-2013, 11:14 PM
omg...such sad news...I was so hoping she would turn her life around...and she has a child I think...so talented...RIP

Witchy Woman
02-18-2013, 12:26 AM
omg...such sad news...I was so hoping she would turn her life around...and she has a child I think...so talented...RIP

She has 2, a 6 year old and a 10 month old. The father of the youngest killed himself last month, although there was speculation he may have been murdered. She also shot her dog as well, which is disgusting and uncalled for. Damn shame she couldn't get her act together for the sake of her kids. Total waste.

zeldabjr
02-18-2013, 12:57 AM
She has 2, a 6 year old and a 10 month old. The father of the youngest killed himself last month, although there was speculation he may have been murdered. She also shot her dog as well, which is disgusting and uncalled for. Damn shame she couldn't get her act together for the sake of her kids. Total waste.

omg I had no idea about all this...such a waste...those poor children...one now an orphan...at least she didn't kill her kids too...I wonder if they were there when she did it?...and the dog...what can I say...

WalshFan88
02-18-2013, 01:15 AM
Very very sad. RIP.

Witchy Woman
02-18-2013, 01:33 AM
omg I had no idea about all this...such a waste...those poor children...one now an orphan...at least she didn't kill her kids too...I wonder if they were there when she did it?...and the dog...what can I say...

They were in foster care. They were taken away from her after her BF killed himself because she started drinking and using drugs again. She spent a whole 2 days in rehab and was just released because they found nothing to be wrong with her. Good call, rehab people :rolleyes:. Let's be glad her kids weren't there, but the dog thing really bothers me a lot.

zeldabjr
02-18-2013, 01:55 AM
They were in foster care. They were taken away from her after her BF killed himself because she started drinking and using drugs again. She spent a whole 2 days in rehab and was just released because they found nothing to be wrong with her. Good call, rehab people :rolleyes:. Let's be glad her kids weren't there, but the dog thing really bothers me a lot.

thank God they weren't there...I know...you want to off yourself...go ahead, but don't take anyone else with you...two or four legged!

TimothyBFan
02-18-2013, 09:38 AM
I had never heard of her but I heard about this this morning. Didn't know the back story. What a waste!!!

Brooke
02-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Very sad story.

Topkat
02-18-2013, 10:35 AM
I heard about this last night, but I am not at all surprised. She has been having serious problems for years now. She's been in & out of rehab several times. The death of her boyfriend is very suspect as to what really happened, but she was there at the time. I bet they were investigating her. The guy was about to leave her & had a new girlfriend. It's very sad for her family, especially the children.
RIP Mindy.

Tiffanny Twisted
02-18-2013, 08:23 PM
thank God they weren't there...I know...you want to off yourself...go ahead, but don't take anyone else with you...two or four legged!

what she did was very selfish. Maybe those children are better off with out her if she couldnt get her act together and fly right. But they will live with the stigma of what she did and who she was
She did not think of those kids and why on gods green earth take a helpless 4 legged baby with you.

Ive always been a dreamer
02-19-2013, 12:00 AM
Wow - she was indeed a troubled soul. May she rest in peace.

Troubadour
02-19-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm afraid I didn't know of her, but I read the story yesterday and it broke my heart. Very, very sad. I hope she is at peace now.

Topkat
02-19-2013, 03:45 PM
I think her mother had custody of her children, at least she did at one time, but I'm not really sure if she has them now, but probably.
She had suffered from depression for a very long time & attempted suicide twice before. I wonder how they released her into a home with a gun in it?
Overall a very sad story. Many of her friends said they weren't surprised.