PDA

View Full Version : Good evening all!

tjrrockandrollmaster
02-19-2013, 01:28 AM
I am Terrence, a 37 year old music fan (and lifelong fan of The Eagles, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Rush and Queen). I do have Autism so sometimes my posts may be problematic but hope I'm welcome here.

Let's see, my interest in The Eagles goes back to literally birth and the first three albums I owned at age 5 back in 1981 were Greatest Hits 1971-75, Hotel California and The Long Run all on either LP or 8 Track then cassettes by 1981 (all replaced in 1983/84 and now have original vinyl pressings NEAR MINT/EXCELLENT condition I may add). I got Greatest Hits II for my 7th birthday in 1983. Eagles Live at Christmas 1984 (upgraded in 1991 then again over the years and have the vinyl (which I did a transfer to CD). On the Border two days after I turned 9 in January, 1985. One of These Nights in February of 1985 (alongside Pink Floyd's Animals). Desperado at Christmas 1985 and the self titled eluded me until Spring 1991 (when I upgraded my cassette collection as other copies I either lost or got destroyed or wore out).

My Eagles diet has been steady since then (bought Hell Freezes Over in first week, help keep at #1, the Selected Works box, Very Best of (mainly for "Hole In the World") and bought Long Road Out of Eden (which I helped push to #1 its first week keeping the jezebel Britney Spears from #1 and I always say The Eagles hitting #1 was a MAJOR UPSET and rubbed it in Britney fans' face, I say "TALENT AND WRITING YOUR OWN THINGS TRUMPS LOOKS AND SEX EVERYTIME".

Favorite Eagles studio album : Hotel California (One of These Nights and Desperado are just behind).
Favorite Eagles tracks : The Last Resort (also love Too Many Hands, Bitter Creek)
Best solo albums : Don H (I Can't Stand Still with End of Innocence close behind), Glenn (No Fun Aloud, rest of solo canon was hit or miss), Felder (Airborne, haven't heard new album yet), Joe (1970s is So What, 1980s is There Goes the Neighborhood) and never heard the albums from Bernie, Randy and Timothy.

Missed seeing them in 1994 as I was still recuperating from Pink Floyd (whose final tour was in 1994) and tickets were impossible to find. Then missed again the next few years but always wished I'd seen them in glory days (I was in diapers/toddler years whilst it happened).

Witchy Woman
02-19-2013, 01:31 AM
Welcome, Terrence !! I'm glad to see another lifelong fan !!

TimothyBFan
02-19-2013, 09:08 AM
Welcome Terrence!! Glad you found your way here!! Jump right it!

Troubadour
02-19-2013, 10:07 AM
Welcome, Terrence! It's great to have you hear. You have awesome taste in music! :thumbsup:

tjrrockandrollmaster
02-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Troubador, it is hard being an Eagles fan when you hung out with either fans of metal/hard rock or rapper types/Jersey Shore types.

When I tell people that The Eagles are alongside Pink Floyd in my Top 5 Bands of All Time (other favorites are Rush, Queen (the original four) and Genesis (the Gabriel and Collins eras)), people think I have lobsters running out of my ears.

People forget that back in 1975 on FM radio you could get away with playing "Lyin' Eyes" one second then "Welcome To the Machine" the next then something from Black Sabbath per se (which ironically happened on a radio show I heard back in 1993 here in the States called Rockin In the 70s and when they did the 1975 episode, it had interviews with Glenn Frey (who talked about "Lyin' Eyes" and how One of These Nights impacted The Eagles funnily enough), Nick Mason of Pink Floyd (who discussed the difficulty following Dark Side of the Moon with Wish You Were Here and Syd Barrett's surprise visit at Abbey Road), Roger Taylor of Queen (who discussed "Bohemian Rhapsody"), Robert Plant (on creating "Kashmir"), Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, Paul Stanley and so forth).

Tiffanny Twisted
02-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Hi Terrance and welcome to the border.:partytime:May you enjoy your time on the border,
tt:soda:

GlennLover
02-19-2013, 07:45 PM
You sure are welcome here, tjr! When you say that you are a "lifelong fan" you mean it literally. :thumbsup: I'm sure that you will enjoy it here on The Border! :)

zeldabjr
02-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Welcome Terrence...glad to have you...hope you enjoy your time here...:wave:

Grey Sadler
02-19-2013, 11:25 PM
Hey Terrence! :wave:
Welcome to the board!!

Brooke
02-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Welcome Terrence! Glad to have ya!

sodascouts
02-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Welcome! Hope you like it here! :)

Glennsallnighter
02-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Welcome from me too Terrance! You have an incredible taste in music!Hope you enjoy posting here on the Border.

tjrrockandrollmaster
02-21-2013, 02:58 AM
So far I am enjoying this forum. Other tidbits about me is I still watch classic cartoons (Looney Tunes, The Pink Panther (and offshoots and the 1980s series Pink Panther and Sons), Davey and Goliath (I know but that dog was cool) and Danger Mouse (only from the UK would you have a cartoon whose hero was a super spy who wore an eyepatch and his sidekick was a hamster, his boss was a chinchilla and enemies were a toad, a caterpillar and a crow)), am a huge baseball fan and am also a huge Monty Python fan plus watch wrestling (seeing I don't like drama, soap operas, horror nor reality TV jazz).

WalshFan88
02-21-2013, 03:31 AM
Welcome!

prayfordaylight
02-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Welcome to The Border!

Troubadour
02-21-2013, 08:41 PM
You will find a couple of us are Python fans too! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
02-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Welcome, Terrence!!! So glad you found us! You do have some great musical tastes. I do like Pink Floyd and Rush, and I love Genesis! None are in my top 5 (Boston, Eagles, Led Zep, Seger, Van Halen, in no particular order), but those three are probably in my top 10. I've been trying to catch up around here, and I was glad to see your posts!

Prettymaid
02-22-2013, 12:32 AM
I didn't know you were a Boston fan VA!

Oh, welcome TJ!

Freypower
02-23-2013, 01:30 AM
Yes TJ. I am one of the Python fans. And my husband, who is English, liked Danger Mouse.

Grey Sadler
02-23-2013, 09:58 AM
You will find a couple of us are Python fans too! :thumbsup:

Count me in with that group!! :D

prayfordaylight
02-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Count me in with that group!! :D

Me too!

Troubadour
02-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Good to know! :thumbsup:

GlennLover
02-24-2013, 01:21 AM
Love Davey & Goliath & Looney Tunes too! Also like The Pink Panther. My husband is a Month Python fan.

Ive always been a dreamer
02-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Well from me as well, Terrance. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy it here on The Border. If you like talking about the Eagles, you are definitely in good company here. :thumbsup:

Outlawman13
02-25-2013, 11:54 PM
LOL Monty Python is one of the grestest tv shows ever!!!!!!! Put me in that group as well. LOL. Welcome TJ. I know you will fit right in with us.

tjrrockandrollmaster
04-18-2013, 12:26 AM
LOL Monty Python is one of the grestest tv shows ever!!!!!!! Put me in that group as well. LOL. Welcome TJ. I know you will fit right in with us.

My favorite movie of all time is Monty Python's Life of Brian (I watch it every Easter and Christmas, I know it's madness but comedy is where my heart is).

NYC Fan
04-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Welcome TJR!

Enjoy your time here on the Border!

Python fan here too :)

Freypower
04-18-2013, 06:17 PM
My favorite movie of all time is Monty Python's Life of Brian (I watch it every Easter and Christmas, I know it's madness but comedy is where my heart is).

We could start another topic on Python if you're interested! I am a fanatic.

sad-cafe
04-26-2013, 07:20 PM
welcome. This site is great and there is lots of information