PDA

View Full Version : Eagles obsessed in NYC

Thirsty&Hot
03-04-2013, 03:38 AM
Hello everyone!
just found this new kid board, so though I've already been posting a bit, I figured I should introduce myself here.

Though I've been an Eagles fan for most of my life, I will admit it was all about the music. Somehow in all my 30 years, I managed to listen the to the Eagles thousands of times without noticing what anyone looked like apart from Don Henley. Now, that's pretty abnormal for me! I really really don't understand how this happened! haha
Anyway, I was really excited about the History of the Eagles documentary because I do love them and didn't know much about them apart from the tunes.
It was absolutely amazing...beyond my wildest dreams...I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw Glenn Frey in the 70s! :jawdrop: <---haha
It was love at first sight..I've been obsessed with the Eagles more than ever before and especially Glenn. Googling my heart away trying to find out anything and everything about him and them. photos...live concerts...stories..interviews..etc. excitedly expanding my vinyl collection to solo Glenn, Randy, Bernie...already had some Joe and Don H

my detective work has finally led me here!
a place where people can appreciate and share in our obsessions!

I've never seen the Eagles live :( hoping to see them for this History of the Eagles tour...I heard Bernie might be there...it would be cool if Randy was there too...I want to hear him sing Take it to the Limit! I wonder if he can still hit those high notes

I took a bunch of screenshots with my camera of the doc which i posted on my pinterest...they're mostly of Glenn :smitten: : http://pinterest.com/tmrrwneverknows/history-of-the-eagles-screencaps-i-shot-mostly-gle/

though i'm sure most of it will be nothing new for you guys, you can also find many pins of Glenn and the Eagles in my "lust" and "people & things I dig" pin boards.

I can't get enough of the old video/concert footage from the 70s. I found some which i also pinned. I wanna see that Washington DC 1977 concert in full!

ok...i'll stop rambling haha

pleased to meet you! :grooving:

Thirsty&Hot
03-04-2013, 03:46 AM
oh and when I heard Glenn's solo stuff: the Heat is On...You Belong to the City, etc
I immediately recognized it from growing up in the 80s. My mom was obsessed with Don Johnson and Miami Vice. I just never put a face with the tunes. Plus Glenn, though still handsome, looked a lot different in the 80s onward than he did in his sexy '70s 'stache, sideburns & long hair.
when I (re)discovered Glenn, I called her up and said "why didn't you tell me how hot Glenn Frey was?!"

prayfordaylight
03-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Welcome! Loving the screenshots :D

Thirsty&Hot
03-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Welcome! Loving the screenshots :D

thanks! :)

sodascouts
03-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Welcome again! Just followed those smokin' boards!

Outlawman13
03-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Welcome once again and that is like me as well. I love Glenn in any time period, but the 70's really blew me away. MMMMMM love a man with long hair and facial hair. One time I was searching through Glenn Frey's stuff on youtube and saw Seven Bridges Road (when they were all singing) and couldn't believe that was Glenn. OHHHH I was starting to drool. MMMM. Love Love Love that site that you posted and will have to see what else you ladies put on there. I follow Glenn all the way (LOL and the rest of them too). Don't feel left out if haven't seen an Eagles concert before. I haven't and I feel so bummed. LOL.
And something for you:
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/PEF.jpg

Thirsty&Hot
03-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Welcome once again and that is like me as well. I love Glenn in any time period, but the 70's really blew me away. MMMMMM love a man with long hair and facial hair. One time I was searching through Glenn Frey's stuff on youtube and saw Seven Bridges Road (when they were all singing) and couldn't believe that was Glenn. OHHHH I was starting to drool. MMMM. Love Love Love that site that you posted and will have to see what else you ladies put on there. I follow Glenn all the way (LOL and the rest of them too). Don't feel left out if haven't seen an Eagles concert before. I haven't and I feel so bummed. LOL.
And something for you:
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/PEF.jpg

hehe thanks!

Thirsty&Hot
03-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Welcome again! Just followed those smokin' boards!

thanks again!
and all those screencaps you posted in the history of the eagles board are great too!

littlequeen
03-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Great to meet you and those screen shots are amazing.

I discovered what they all looked like with HFO on TV and my mom still laughs about how many questions I asked about Glenn and watched and re-watched the tape she made of the show, and then how bummed I was to figure out he had a wedding ring on :blush:

Witchy Woman
03-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Welcome T&H !!

WalshFan88
03-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Welcome to the Border! :cheers:

Ive always been a dreamer
03-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Welcome from me as well, T&H. Glad you found us and I enjoyed your pictures. I hope that you and anyone else here that have never seen an Eagles concert will have an opportunity to go this time around - you won't be disappointed!!! Hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border.

GlennLover
03-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Welcome from me too T&H! I have only seen the Eagles in concert once, at a large outdoor venue. I have seen the Party of Two (Glenn & Joe) once & two Glenn solo concerts :fainted:! Hopefully you will get to see all or some of the band in the near future. :pray:

Brooke
03-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Welcome to The Border, T&H! Great name, btw! Also love your avatar, one of my very favorite shots from the new screencaps! My favorite era for Glenn hotness was also the early 70's! Yum!

Thirsty&Hot
03-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Welcome from me too T&H! I have only seen the Eagles in concert once, at a large outdoor venue. I have seen the Party of Two (Glenn & Joe) once & two Glenn solo concerts :fainted:! Hopefully you will get to see all or some of the band in the near future. :pray:

:jealous:

I am making it a point to see them next time they are here!
I couldn't afford the $200 tickets when they were here in November, but i'm gonna save up for it!

Thirsty&Hot
03-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Welcome to The Border, T&H! Great name, btw! Also love your avatar, one of my very favorite shots from the new screencaps! My favorite era for Glenn hotness was also the early 70's! Yum!

Thanks! I know that only people here would get Thirsty&Hot :) I am a photographer, and I named one of my photos Thirsty & Hot, and I'm pretty sure no one gets it haha
that whole line is such a sexy lyric

and yes...he's is smokin' in that interview!
and in all of the 70s haha

Tiffanny Twisted
03-04-2013, 07:28 PM
T and H ...doesnt everypne have a concert fund???

lol welcone to the insanity

Thirsty&Hot
03-04-2013, 07:38 PM
T and H ...doesnt everypne have a concert fund???

lol welcone to the insanity

haha well I was going through a bit of a financial rough spot. so i had to avoid even looking at concerts or I'd be tempted.
I did see Jackson Browne last year. He was more affordable! but he also didn't do many of the songs people wanted to hear. :/

I loved how Glenn understands that some of us having been waiting our whole lives to see them and they have to give us what we want to hear! :)

anyway..I certainly have a concert fund now!

Tiffanny Twisted
03-04-2013, 07:44 PM
haha well I was going through a bit of a financial rough spot. so i had to avoid even looking at concerts or I'd be tempted.
I did see Jackson Browne last year. He was more affordable! but he also didn't do many of the songs people wanted to hear. :/

I loved how Glenn understands that some of us having been waiting our whole lives to see them and they have to give us what we want to hear! :)

anyway..I certainly have a concert fund now!

Happy dance time ...good for you T&H.

:partytime:
tt

sodascouts
03-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Me too, and although I wish I had gone to Sundance and Australia, and least my refraining from doing so has kept my concert fund healthy for an Eagles tour this year (crossing fingers).

Thirsty&Hot
03-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Me too, and although I wish I had gone to Sundance and Australia, and least my refraining from doing so has kept my concert fund healthy for an Eagles tour this year (crossing fingers).

yeah I was looking into getting tickets to see them this month in Vegas, but not including the ticket cost. it would have cost me and my boyfriend over $1600 to for flight and hotel for 2 days!!! atrocious!

Grey Sadler
03-04-2013, 11:24 PM
Welcome, T&H! :wave:

Topkat
03-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Welcome T&H...I'm from NY too!

Thirsty&Hot
03-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Welcome T&H...I'm from NY too!

Thanks! I noticed that :)

Did you get to see them when they were here?

Topkat
03-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Thanks! I noticed that :)

Did you get to see them when they were here?

Yes, I have seen them several times, in NY & NJ. I had just seen them twice this past year in Sept. at the Revel & in NY at the NYU Vision Award show, but I had also seen the HFO tour twice & a few other shows before that.
I'm looking forward to the BIG TOUR that we are all waiting for! Hoping we will be getting some dates soon!

Glennsallnighter
03-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Welcome from me too T&H! Another Glenn :heart: fan, this time from Ireland. I've seen the Eagles 4 times as a group in Ireland and the UK, and I've been to see Glenn :heart: solo shows in Niagara Falls (same shows Glenn Lover and some others here were at) and also I was in LA to see him live with Soda! Like her I narrowly missed out on Australia too! But that means there's more money in the Glenn :heart: fund should he set some more dates in the hopefully not too distant future.....

Enjoy posting here!n

Thirsty&Hot
03-05-2013, 06:35 PM
yeah I just heard today that Don is doing a solo show in April at the Paramount!

but I'm not sure if I'm going to go. I am traveling at least a couple of times this year also so I need to make sure I have money for that AND for the group tour!

Thirsty&Hot
03-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Welcome from me too T&H! Another Glenn :heart: fan, this time from Ireland. I've seen the Eagles 4 times as a group in Ireland and the UK, and I've been to see Glenn :heart: solo shows in Niagara Falls (same shows Glenn Lover and some others here were at) and also I was in LA to see him live with Soda! Like her I narrowly missed out on Australia too! But that means there's more money in the Glenn :heart: fund should he set some more dates in the hopefully not too distant future.....

Enjoy posting here!n

thanks darlin!

ahh I was just talking to Freypower about her Australia experience. so do you guys all try to get together to go to the shows often?

Glennsallnighter
03-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Well we never all make it together, but I suppose those who can do! For years I had wanted to see Glenn :heart: do a live solo show, but they had been a bit thin on the ground. When he announced the two shows in Fallsview while the timing wasn't perfect workwise (I ended up going straight into work from the airport when I got home) I realised that these shows were gonna be as good as it got for me, and luckily quite a few other Borderers were going. At that show Glenn :heart: announced that he would be releasing 'After Hours', so when he toured for that last Spring, I made it with Soda and FP to LA!

zeldabjr
03-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the border T&H...I know you will enjoy it here...:thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
03-05-2013, 07:28 PM
well T and H I think you gotta have a concert fund established and pick your shows carefully.(travel expences and hotel accomidations add to it too)

FOr me I'd go more but JAhh keeps me in line..lol

I have the picture of all of us from sept at my desk at work with the eagles group pic under it and when it gets bad....I just look at everyones happy smiling faces after we had just all seen the "boys" and met outside in the lobby...HAppy campers all and I am in my happy place once again.
tt

Thirsty&Hot
03-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Well we never all make it together, but I suppose those who can do! For years I had wanted to see Glenn :heart: do a live solo show, but they had been a bit thin on the ground. When he announced the two shows in Fallsview while the timing wasn't perfect workwise (I ended up going straight into work from the airport when I got home) I realised that these shows were gonna be as good as it got for me, and luckily quite a few other Borderers were going. At that show Glenn :heart: announced that he would be releasing 'After Hours', so when he toured for that last Spring, I made it with Soda and FP to LA!

yeah I had vaguely heard about Glenn's solo tour when his album was released, but at the time I was not yet awakened to how in love with him i really am haha. I was only interested in seeing the Eagles as a whole and though I deeply considered it, I couldn't afford the tickets at the time when they played here :(

I am really looking forward to their next tour!

Thirsty&Hot
03-05-2013, 08:04 PM
well T and H I think you gotta have a concert fund established and pick your shows carefully.(travel expences and hotel accomidations add to it too)

FOr me I'd go more but JAhh keeps me in line..lol

I have the picture of all of us from sept at my desk at work with the eagles group pic under it and when it gets bad....I just look at everyones happy smiling faces after we had just all seen the "boys" and met outside in the lobby...HAppy campers all and I am in my happy place once again.
tt

hehe yeahh...well living in nyc, I'm planning on just seeing them here when they come. This time I will have the money saved for the hefty ticket price!

If flying didn't cost so darn much (or if I lived close enough to drive to Vegas) I would see them this month in Vegas!

Tiffanny Twisted
03-05-2013, 08:15 PM
hehe yeahh...well living in nyc, I'm planning on just seeing them here when they come. This time I will have the money saved for the hefty ticket price!

If flying didn't cost so darn much (or if I lived close enough to drive to Vegas) I would see them this month in Vegas!

No worries ...GF has said in interviews that he likes the venue MGM and the managment is good too so they play there often. so I am sure there will be other chances to go there and maybe there will be better air fairs.
We drive where we have to go.....roadtrip.....
anyway concert fund is always the way to go.....

dont worry ..