PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NYC!

NYC Fan
03-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Hi Everyone-

I'm new here, but registered a few weeks ago and have been enjoying reading through the threads and everyone's opinions, particularly on the documentary, which I absolutely loved.

I've been a fan since 1975 when my older brother introduced me to the band. Used my birthday money when I turned 13 to buy my first ever album; their Greatest Hits, which had just come out :) I saw them for the first time in New Haven in 1979 and then again at the Yale Bowl in 1980, right before they broke up. And then have seen several shows since they got back together, along with some Don solo shows in the early 90's.

I have not followed them like I used to in the last several years, but I have to say, seeing the documentary brought it all back to me how much I loved their music and I've been listening to the albums non-stop for the last few weeks. I look forward to all of your insights into the band, and have had a lot of fun going down memory lane with all the screen shots from the documentary. Thanks for taking the time to post those!

I hope to see them again if/when they tour, as it's been far too long. Somehow I completely missed that they were playing at the Beacon in November and I still can't believe I didn't know about it. I found out about it a few days after it happened. My only excuse is that I was still just settling back into my apartment after all that happened with Sandy and things were a bit crazy at work as well, since our office had also been closed for a while after the storm.

Looking forward to being a part of the board!

Erin

VAisForEagleLovers
03-09-2013, 04:28 PM
NYC Fan, welcome to The Border!! I'm glad you found us and I look forward to hearing your perspective on things!!

WalshFan88
03-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Welcome! :cheers:

Henley Honey
03-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Welcome from me too -- another New Yorker. The show at the Beacon was a benefit for NYU and not very well publicized in the NY press.

sodascouts
03-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Welcome, Erin! Glad to have you! Hopefully they will tour this fall and you'll be able to catch them then.

Witchy Woman
03-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Welcome, Erin !!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Welcome from me as well, Erin. Glad you found us and hope you like it here on The Border. If you want to talk about the Eagles, you've come to a great place. Enjoy!

Topkat
03-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Welcome Erin Glad to see another New Yorker.Seems like a lot of NY people have been joining lately. I was lucky enough to get to that show at the Beacon Theatre in Nov. It was a shorter show than usual but always glad to see the guys:heart: Have fun here at the Border

Tiffanny Twisted
03-09-2013, 08:01 PM
:bye:welcome erin....
I am from the great state of PA. I am a fellow :heart:EAGLES lover:heart: and the better half of JAHH....enjoy your time here with us.:thumbsup::grooving:

NYC Fan
03-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Thanks all!

Good to be here. I like what I've been reading on the threads so far. People seem respectful of other's opinions, even if they disagree, which is nice. Looking forward to hopefully contributing some opinions! I found the documentary to be fascinating and have really enjoyed reading that thread. I'll try to post some thoughts on there. I particularly enjoyed some of the Glenn interviews and the stuff about him and Bob Seger, after seeing that great interview he did with Tavis Smiley last Summer. I lived in Michagan as a kid, and Bob was like a God there. I had no idea that he was such a mentor to Glenn. Very cool, indeed.

Lucky you Topkat to have been at that Beacon show! I saw Glen Hansard there last Spring and have seen many shows there. I just can't imagine seeing the Eagles there. It must have been amazing to see them in such a small venue.

Erin

Grey Sadler
03-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Hi, Erin! :wave:
Welcome to the board!!

zeldabjr
03-09-2013, 11:27 PM
Hi Erin...Welcome to the border!...I know you will love it here!!!:thumbsup:

Outlawman13
03-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Hi Erin!!!! Welcome to the board and you will fit right in.

Thirsty&Hot
03-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Hello Erin!

I'm a fellow New Kid and fellow New Yorker :)

Welcome to the Border...it's been a fun ride so far!

I also missed them at the Beacon, which was upsetting. I had also wanted to see them in Atlantic City in Sept., but it was too expensive plus accommodations. I'm hoping they play the Beacon again when they come back. They should do a 5+ day residency there like Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers are doing! That would be magical!

Do you have a favorite Eagle?

Brooke
03-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Welcome to The Border Erin! Glad to have ya! This is an awesome place to be if you love the Eagles!

NYC Fan
03-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Great to see someone else new from the neighborhood here!

Let's hope for some NYC shows! That would be fantastic. A residency at the Beacon would be a dream come true.

I would have to say that my favorite Eagle is Don. I love Glenn's voice too, but there was always just something about Don that I have always loved. Voice, looks, you name it :) He was always just it for me. His voice is from another place. It has such an ethereal quality to it, and complements Glenn's so well. Like the air and the earth, if they were elements. Not to sound too new agey, because I'm not. But they go so well together.

I'm hoping to maybe see Don out on LI in April. I missed the ticket sale, and the tickets are a lot of $, but I'll see if they release any more of the cheaper seats closer to the show. It's been far too long since I've seen any of them.

Hello Erin!

I'm a fellow New Kid and fellow New Yorker :)

Welcome to the Border...it's been a fun ride so far!

I also missed them at the Beacon, which was upsetting. I had also wanted to see them in Atlantic City in Sept., but it was too expensive plus accommodations. I'm hoping they play the Beacon again when they come back. They should do a 5+ day residency there like Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers are doing! That would be magical!

Do you have a favorite Eagle?

Thirsty&Hot
03-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Great to see someone else new from the neighborhood here!

Let's hope for some NYC shows! That would be fantastic. A residency at the Beacon would be a dream come true.

I would have to say that my favorite Eagle is Don. I love Glenn's voice too, but there was always just something about Don that I have always loved. Voice, looks, you name it :) He was always just it for me. His voice is from another place. It has such an ethereal quality to it, and complements Glenn's so well. Like the air and the earth, if they were elements. Not to sound too new agey, because I'm not. But they go so well together.

I'm hoping to maybe see Don out on LI in April. I missed the ticket sale, and the tickets are a lot of $, but I'll see if they release any more of the cheaper seats closer to the show. It's been far too long since I've seen any of them.

I know what you mean..they're like peanut butter and jelly! haha those two have great voices and especially together :)
yeah I've never seen them live before! so i'm really looking forward to this History of the Eagles tour!

prayfordaylight
03-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Welcome!