PDA

View Full Version : Eagles HOTE Tour Discussion (2013 - 2015)

Pages : [1] 2 3

VAisForEagleLovers
03-21-2013, 02:53 PM
I thought I'd start a thread to discuss the tour at large for those comments that aren't specific to certain dates.

I recently posted (http://www.dve.com/event_portal/view/calendar/event.html?event_id=292747) that the tour will include hits from their solo catalogues as well. I know that many people here were hoping that a History tour would not include those. I, of course, can't imagine an Eagles concert without them, so I'm happy.

I also recently posted a blurb that said there would a DVD/Tickets bundle through Ticketmaster. It that's true, it would explain why it's taking Ticketmaster so long to put up the page.

Lastly, VIP Nation answered my tweet and said they hope to release VIP ticket prices later today.

prayfordaylight
03-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Is VIP Nation what most of you guys do? Just trying to figure out everything since I'm FINALLY going to get to see a full band show.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-21-2013, 03:08 PM
VIP Nation sells tickets for front row, rows 2-10, and rows 11-20. Usually includes a dinner. For the last few concerts, front row was $895 per seat, 2-10 $695, and 11-20 $495. The front row seats were higher in Atlantic City, and may change for this tour. You do not know your exact seat location until you pick up your tickets the night of the concert, and they are non-transferrable (you must show ID to get them). These seats are offered through the AmEx presale and general public sales, first ones in get the better seats.

We don't know for sure, but they usually offer Official Platinum. At venues not named MGM Grand, these are usually good seats offered at a better price than VIP. They do not include dinner and are transferrable. However, they can only be bought in pairs, and lately, have not been offered for sale during a presale.

Regular priced seats will be like you found for Fleetwood Mac. It will be difficult to get a really good seat at face value. These tickets recently for the Eagles have been $225. Not sure what they'll be for this tour.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-21-2013, 03:13 PM
I will say that at some of these newer arenas, at least ones built for hockey, it's difficult to get a bad seat. At Verizon Center in DC, I sat five rows from the ceiling for a hockey game and could still see the numbers on the jerseys and the expressions on the players faces. Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh is even better.

Houston Debutante
03-21-2013, 03:16 PM
COME TO THE SOUTH!!!!!!!

Houston Debutante
03-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Oh, and thanks for starting this thread, I was looking for a place to write that. lol.

I'm thinking odds are good that they'll come to the South eventually but I'm impatient, I can't help it.

Topkat
03-21-2013, 03:32 PM
I am hoping for another NY date because I don't really want to go to Bethal, NY

Tori
03-21-2013, 04:32 PM
I screamed when I saw the Milwaukee date. Just sayin'. :smitten:

GlennLover
03-21-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm thrilled that they have anounced another tour, but I, too, was hoping for a History tour. Budget-wise I wish the tickets were on sale a bit later on. If I can swing going to one of the concerts I am looking at either Mansfield, MA or Ottawa, ON.

At least this reinforces my decision not to order the "Deluxe" HotE package!

zeldabjr
03-21-2013, 05:03 PM
I have several to choose from...I can do Toronto, Cleveland, or Pittsburgh pretty easily...but have no one to go with...no one here is going to pay "Eagle money" for a ticket...except me that is...
maybe there will be another leg of the tour later in the year?

VAisForEagleLovers
03-21-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm thrilled that they have anounced another tour, but I, too, was hoping for a History tour. Budget-wise I wish the tickets were on sale a bit later on. If I can swing going to one of the concerts I am looking at either Mansfield, MA or Ottawa, ON.

At least this reinforces my decision not to order the "Deluxe" HotE package!

Not sure what you mean about the history tour? It is called the History of the Eagles Tour.

I can relate about the tickets being on sale so soon. I've wanted them to put some time between the announcement and the shows, but this is an announcement of dates (and not prices), on sale two days later, then waiting 3.5 to 4 months for the shows! But, 99% of the people going to shows, it's obvious which show they'll go to and so no need to 'plan'.

Tiffanny Twisted
03-21-2013, 05:17 PM
wmgk is calling it" the history of the eagles tour "and they are going to be giving away tickets next week.
I am so siked I hope that the prices arent too out of this world:yay:

VAisForEagleLovers
03-21-2013, 05:22 PM
The link for Philly tickets didn't give a price. The ones in DC are $67 and $211 including fees. The others have been similar.

Freypower
03-21-2013, 05:49 PM
On the band's website it says that one of the songs played will be New Kid In Town. I don't believe that.

As for 'solo songs' I guess it will be the same stuff, yet again. Apart from NKIT there is no mention of any extensive setlist changes.

AftertheThrill
03-21-2013, 05:56 PM
I have several to choose from...I can do Toronto, Cleveland, or Pittsburgh pretty easily...but have no one to go with...no one here is going to pay "Eagle money" for a ticket...except me that is...
maybe there will be another leg of the tour later in the year?

I'm thinking I might do a show or two solo when they come to Chicago. I love my husband but he isn't much fun to go to a show with. I would love to do the Milwaukee show but it's the same weekend as my baby's 1st birthday.

SallyGee
03-21-2013, 06:57 PM
I wonder if Timothy will be singing any solos. I know they dropped LWKUA the last tour, but I wonder if he is well enough to sing ICTYW. I'm sure none of his solo stuff will be on the set list. So unfair.

Grey Sadler
03-21-2013, 07:15 PM
COME TO THE SOUTH!!!!!!!

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
Elton John played here at Freedom Hall in TN...
Why can't you?!?!

Tiffanny Twisted
03-21-2013, 07:17 PM
amy ...can yo do a road t rip??

Freypower
03-21-2013, 07:21 PM
I wonder if Timothy will be singing any solos. I know they dropped LWKUA the last tour, but I wonder if he is well enough to sing ICTYW. I'm sure none of his solo stuff will be on the set list. So unfair.

He'll do I Can't Tell You Why. He has never sung any solo songs in Eagles shows. Don't worry.... Glenn won't do any solo songs either.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-21-2013, 07:57 PM
On the band's website it says that one of the songs played will be New Kid In Town. I don't believe that.

As for 'solo songs' I guess it will be the same stuff, yet again. Apart from NKIT there is no mention of any extensive setlist changes.

The concerts are months away and Glenn has only recently returned from Australia and NZ. I'd be surprised if they knew what the setlist was going to be.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-21-2013, 08:04 PM
I personally hope they bring back LWKUA - I like it a lot and Tim definitely means more than one song. As far as Tim doing one of his solo songs, it is doubtful, but nothing is impossible. The band's philosophy about the setlist is that they like to play the hits because they believe that is what their fans want to hear. And I agree that is true with the majority of their audiences - only us hardcores want to hear lesser known tracks. I'm also one that doesn't mind the solo songs, especially from Joe. If they do what they normally do, there will be some changes in the setlist since its a new tour, but I'll be really shocked if they make a huge number of changes especially in the second set. My guess is that maybe 25% of the setlist will change based on past tours. I, for one, would love for them to bring back New Kid In Town.

03-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Roses are red,

Violets are blue.
Elton John played here at Freedom Hall in TN...
Why can't you?!?!

LOVE THAT! :lol:

VAisForEagleLovers
03-21-2013, 08:12 PM
I personally hope they bring back LWKUA - I like it a lot and Tim definitely means more than one song. As far as Tim doing one of his solo songs, it is doubtful, but nothing is impossible. The band's philosophy about the setlist is that they like to play the hits because they believe that is what their fans want to hear. And I agree that is true with the majority of their audiences - only us hardcores want to hear lesser known tracks. I'm also one that doesn't mind the solo songs, especially from Joe. If they do what they normally do, there will be some changes in the setlist since its a new tour, but I'll be really shocked if they make a huge number of changes especially in the second set. My guess is that maybe 25% of the setlist will change based on past tours. I, for one, would love for them to bring back New Kid In Town.

In recent interviews, Glenn was still talking about going in order and bringing back some old ones.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-21-2013, 08:15 PM
So, of the prices listed so far, and with fees varying by venue, the ticket prices are a wee bit less than in the past year or so. In some cases that's really about $3. In others it's more. They just posted VIP prices for the three venues that go on presale on Saturday, and while the front row is the same, $895, rows 2-10 are now $625 (they were $695) and rows 11-20 are $400 (they were $495 or $450, depending).

This makes me feel good that Official Platinum, if they offer it, will be reasonably priced as well.

SallyGee
03-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Will there be more dates announced? I was hoping for something in NY city or the meadowlands.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-21-2013, 08:37 PM
I don't know! HH and I were talking about that and wondering. I'm betting the answer is 'no' with the possible exception of the Salmon festival, if they do that. However, we are betting they do more dates in Sept, it's just a question of where. Come back to the East Coast? Go somewhere else and then come back to the East Coast later? Seems like they'd have to do NYC, and then there's the entire southern part that's been left out. All speculation, of course.

03-21-2013, 08:51 PM
See I'd guess that they probably will announce more dates if their past trends hold up. They tend to release some initial dates, then a little while later if the initial sales boom for the first shows goes well, then they ususally add more shows. But it's all just a guess. I do agree that even if there are no more summer dates, then they will do some more shows in the fall. I think the only thing that would cause them not to continue booking shows is if ticket sales are really poor, and that's not really likely.

yekrut
03-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Leaving for Vegas tomorrow. Have seen two of the last 4 shows there and the wife and I have a blast. So nice to not have to drive home. You just walk out and go to your room if you want. Hoping Bernie may show but I doubt it. As a bonus we just saw the Cleveland and Pittsburg shows in July announced. 3 shows in 4 months will be sweet.

03-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Have a blast, yekrut. I'm sure the guys won't disappoint!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Leaving for Vegas tomorrow. Have seen two of the last 4 shows there and the wife and I have a blast. So nice to not have to drive home. You just walk out and go to your room if you want. Hoping Bernie may show but I doubt it. As a bonus we just saw the Cleveland and Pittsburg shows in July announced. 3 shows in 4 months will be sweet.

Have a great time and let us know how it goes! Personally, I don't think it will be the 'new' and revamped setlist. The picture advertising the show is still the old one! Just my inexpert opinion. Still, they might talk about the tour and give more details.

zeldabjr
03-21-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm sure you'll have a blast Yekrut...can't wait to hear about the show...Please let me know if Timothy sings "I Can't Tell You Why"...He didn't do it in Dec...but that was a month after his surgery...Hopefully his voice is back in form by now...

NYC Fan
03-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Hoping I can ask some advice from the experts here regarding the upcoming ticket sales.

Have any of you ever done an Amex Presale for the Eagles and if so, do you think the seats are ok? I thought I read here that someone did not think that Amex has great presale seats. I've done Amex Broadway presales with mixed results. Some really good, some not so great. And I've had some good experiences with other credit card presales. Sometimes they are lousy, but for the 12/12/12 show at MSG, we got decent seats in the cheapest level from the Chase presale. Seats we would have never even had a sniff of during the public onsale.

Also, do they "drop" (release) seats in the days leading up to the show, or are you better off just buying at the onsale? For Springsteen, I only do GA, but if I had to do a seat, I would generally never buy a seat at the onsale because most of the time the best seats are held back to thwart the scalpers. So I'm trying to figure out whether to just buy what I can get at the Philly onsale, or wait it out if the seats are really not great, and hope they drop better ones closer to the date of the show. We plan on getting the seats in the $200 range, so I'm hoping that we might have a better shot at actually obtaining tickets than if we were trying for the cheapest seats.

Thanks in advance for any advice! Sorry if it's too many questions :)

VAisForEagleLovers
03-21-2013, 09:39 PM
NYCFan, I've had mixed results with the AmEx presale. This one lasts for several days instead of two days, so maybe it'll be better? Or maybe not.

Unsold VIP drop just short of a week before the show. Some here have had good luck having that happen and winging it. The other thing to try is to wait until a few days before the show and see if the resells on StubHub drop in price, they usually do.

It's all a crapshoot in my opinion!

NYC Fan
03-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Thanks so much!

VIP is way beyond what I can spend, unless I have a temporary bout of insanity, so I'll just have to see what comes up with Amex and then maybe take my chance in the public onsale if the Amex seats aren't good. I appreciate the answer! I'm so looking forward to seeing them again. It's been far, far too long.

Grey Sadler
03-21-2013, 10:11 PM
amy ...can yo do a road t rip??

Probably not...no ticket $$$, and at least 2 school-related obligations/workshops this summer. Knoxville, Greenville, even Roanoke might work for me...I'd even whoop it down to Savannah/Augusta and stay with my dad if they were gonna be there, he's a big fan too!!

03-21-2013, 10:49 PM
NYC Fan - I'm one of those fans who doesn't want to pay the prices for VIP or broker tickets, but I also like to get really good seats. For me, I like to spend my "Eagles" budget on seeing more shows and I certainly don't want to go into debt to see them at my age. Therefore, I usually wait and take my chances that good tickets will drop shortly before the shows and I've had pretty good luck with that. I have even gone to the shows without a ticket and taken my chances on getting last minute unused comp seats. It is risky, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. As I said, more often than not, it's worked out pretty well for me. And if I don't fare as well as I'd like, I'm okay with that because I've had my fair share of awesome seats and figure I will again. I did ILAA one time, and may do it one more time for this tour, but otherwise, I'll continue to take my chances. I think each of us just has to figure out what works best for them. If you really want the peace of mind of a guaranteed front row seat, then I say VIP is the way to go.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-21-2013, 11:10 PM
None of these Ticketmaster pages are showing DVD/ticket bundles...

If you go by Twitter, the people in Grand Falls have all noticed the four day gap in the schedule around the Salmon Festival, and they are all getting their hopes up.

sodascouts
03-22-2013, 12:20 AM
I don't know [if more dates will be announced for the summer]! HH and I were talking about that and wondering. I'm betting the answer is 'no' with the possible exception of the Salmon festival, if they do that. However, we are betting they do more dates in Sept, it's just a question of where. Come back to the East Coast? Go somewhere else and then come back to the East Coast later? Seems like they'd have to do NYC, and then there's the entire southern part that's been left out. All speculation, of course.

There might be more dates in the summer, if their past track record is anything to go by. They'd usually release a few dates, then a few more, then a few more, etc. Of course, nothing is guaranteed.

Glennsallnighter
03-22-2013, 06:37 AM
Thanks for starting this thread VA, as its appropriate for any of us who want to comment generally on the tour.
Unfortunately I won't be able to make any of the July dates as it is slap bang in the middle of my exam correction season. Also I would be hopeful that at some stage they might consider revisiting Europe, though I know that could easily be next summer (as in 2014). I'll bide my time, and think of all of you that do go.....

NYC Fan
03-22-2013, 06:41 AM
NYC Fan - I'm one of those fans who doesn't want to pay the prices for VIP or broker tickets, but I also like to get really good seats. For me, I like to spend my "Eagles" budget on seeing more shows and I certainly don't want to go into debt to see them at my age. Therefore, I usually wait and take my chances that good tickets will drop shortly before the shows and I've had pretty good luck with that. I have even gone to the shows without a ticket and taken my chances on getting last minute unused comp seats. It is risky, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. As I said, more often than not, it's worked out pretty well for me. And if I don't fare as well as I'd like, I'm okay with that because I've had my fair share of awesome seats and figure I will again. I did ILAA one time, and may do it one more time for this tour, but otherwise, I'll continue to take my chances. I think each of us just has to figure out what works best for them. If you really want the peace of mind of a guaranteed front row seat, then I say VIP is the way to go.

Thanks so much! That is very helpful. I definitely don't need to be in the very front, but decent side seats would be nice. I wondered if they held back good seats for a drop, as I don't know what their ticketing polices are. And with the VIP seats, I wasn't sure if they drop the unsold ones nearer to the day of the show, if they are still very high priced, or if they go back down to the regular top price level. So this is all very enlightening! What is ILAA? Sorry if that's a dumb question...

Not to bring Springsteen into this again, but since I know how his ticket sales work, those are always a reference point for me for other band's ticket sales policies. And it sounds like, you have had some great luck holding out for good seats to drop for their shows. With Bruce, I've had some pretty spectacular luck on the days of the shows getting amazing seats (before he did GA or when he has done his solo/Seeger Session tours). You have to have nerves of steel, but it can pay off. I told my dad a story about a friend of mine and I being ticketless in the parking lot once 15 minutes before a show started that we had flown to get to, and how we ended up in the front row, and he equated it to playing Texas Hold 'em :)

I appreciate the advice from experience! It's always really helpful to hear how other bands work and how their fans get the good seats.

prayfordaylight
03-22-2013, 07:38 AM
I definitely appreciate the advice as well. I just can't justify the VIP prices when I'm getting far more for far less with Fleetwood Mac. I'll try Amex and then maybe hope for drop.

Keep me posted on when to look Dreamer!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-22-2013, 08:27 AM
Eagle-eyed HH noticed something this morning that in all my tiredness I completely missed last night when posting VIP ticket prices. For the three that have pre-sales tomorrow (DC, Philly, and Mansfield), the VIP seats go on sale TODAY at 10am Eastern.

The public sale for VIP for these three begins Tuesday, Mar. 26.

Thanks, HH, I would have cried if I would have missed this today!

TimothyBFan
03-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Soooooo..... where to start.... oh yeah..... EAGLES IN CLEVELAND OHIO ON MY 50TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! :laugh:

Don't actually know what's going to happen at this point in July. So this will be a wait and see for me. IF I can get a decent seat for that show, I just might make to road trip but with it being on a Tuesday instead of a weekend, it would have to be a REALLY GOOD seat.

Then there's the whole setlist thing. I haven't read any of the stuff regarding the tour and what the setlist includes yet (it sounds like VA has it posted somewhere and I shall go find it) but if it's basically the same as it ever was, that will play a factor in my decision also.

As for solo works in the setlist, that makes me think it's going to be basically the same as usual. I mean if they include those, how are they going to add new songs like NKIT without eliminating other Eagles hits that we also like. I was hoping they'd do an EAGLES show by eliminating solo stuff and adding songs like NKIT, AG, etc.... *sigh* And I'd be willing to wager a front row ticket that when they say "solo work" we again are talking Joe, Don and possibly a Glenn song but Timothy will be left out again. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it happening.

This is only my impression and opinion.

WalshFan88
03-22-2013, 09:02 AM
http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/live-music-blogpost.aspx?post=5bb13ba5-26f6-49a3-97c1-ccc64579e23c

They’ve also hinted that they’d like to include former members of the band, and recently Don Henley revealed in an interview that Bernie Leadon – the guitar architect of songs like “Already Gone” and “Witchy Woman” – is the only person they’d consider bringing back into the fold (so Don Felder and Randy Meisner won’t be making the trip). Sources say those negotiations are going quite well, so watch for a tour unlike any other in the band’s history.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Soooooo..... where to start.... oh yeah..... EAGLES IN CLEVELAND OHIO ON MY 50TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! :laugh:

Don't actually know what's going to happen at this point in July. So this will be a wait and see for me. IF I can get a decent seat for that show, I just might make to road trip but with it being on a Tuesday instead of a weekend, it would have to be a REALLY GOOD seat.

Then there's the whole setlist thing. I haven't read any of the stuff regarding the tour and what the setlist includes yet (it sounds like VA has it posted somewhere and I shall go find it) but if it's basically the same as it ever was, that will play a factor in my decision also.

As for solo works in the setlist, that makes me think it's going to be basically the same as usual. I mean if they include those, how are they going to add new songs like NKIT without eliminating other Eagles hits that we also like. I was hoping they'd do an EAGLES show by eliminating solo stuff and adding songs like NKIT, AG, etc.... *sigh* And I'd be willing to wager a front row ticket that when they say "solo work" we again are talking Joe, Don and possibly a Glenn song but Timothy will be left out again. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it happening.

As I mentioned above, I'm betting they have no idea what the set list will be yet, they're probably still working on it. Not sure how much of Don's solo stuff will be included, or if Glenn's will be included, or Timothy's, but given how much attention was put on Joe's solo stuff in Part 1 of the movie (before they broke up) it doesn't surprise me at all that his would be included. In fact, while it was never said by any of them in the movie or elsewhere, I would bet that one of the deciding factors of bringing Joe on board to begin was so they could include some of those songs in their setlist every night and not just when he did a 'guest appearance'. That's purely speculation on my part. If even a tiny part of that is true, then I'd say they have no intention of dropping them. Plus, Joe's songs are so much a part of their history, they've been playing some of them on stage since 1975.

So, TBF, I had front row seats for the Eagles in Vegas for my 50th! It was the best birthday gift I've ever given myself!

Brooke
03-22-2013, 11:18 AM
This is all so exciting and I'm so hoping they add more dates soon! Surely they will.

I also hope they will change up the setlist some and add some deep tracks as they have alluded to. How can it be a History of the Eagles if they leave it the same as it's been lately? I guess we will see!

Good luck to all of you striving for tickets!

Houston Debutante
03-22-2013, 01:51 PM

Glenn has said they're going back to three hours! I'd do it if I were you, for sure!

TimothyBFan
03-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Glenn has said they're going back to three hours! I'd do it if I were you, for sure!

I remember that but my point is that they will have to eliminate something even from the 3 hour setlist in order to add songs that should of been there all along in my opinion. I would rather see them eliminate the solo songs to get songs like NKIT or AG, etc... than to eliminate other Eagles hits. But again, just my opinion and there are a lot of people here that want to see the solo stuff in an Eagles show. It's not that I don't love Boys Of Summer, Life's Been Good or the other many Joe & Don solo songs but when they play those songs, they are taking up space that could be used for some great Eagles hits or deep tracks that would be awesome to have in or back in the setlist.

Houston Debutante
03-22-2013, 03:55 PM
I agree. It's history of the EAGLES. It should be all Eagles songs.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-22-2013, 03:55 PM
I remember that but my point is that they will have to eliminate something even from the 3 hour setlist in order to add songs that should of been there all along in my opinion. I would rather see them eliminate the solo songs to get songs like NKIT or AG, etc... than to eliminate other Eagles hits. But again, just my opinion and there are a lot of people here that want to see the solo stuff in an Eagles show. It's not that I don't love Boys Of Summer, Life's Been Good or the other many Joe & Don solo songs but when they play those songs, they are taking up space that could be used for some great Eagles hits or deep tracks that would be awesome to have in or back in the setlist.

Yes, it's all a compromise and obviously, they'll never make everyone happy. But think of it this way...50th birthday, sitting right in front of Timothy...listening to those amazing voices... I don't know about you, but for me, the alternative was to be with a big group of friends and family reminding me how old I am and singing about it with glee.

Brooke
03-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Lol! Go for the tickets Willie! This may be their last tour! And you only turn 50 once! :wink:

Freypower
03-22-2013, 04:40 PM
As I mentioned above, I'm betting they have no idea what the set list will be yet, they're probably still working on it. Not sure how much of Don's solo stuff will be included, or if Glenn's will be included, or Timothy's, but given how much attention was put on Joe's solo stuff in Part 1 of the movie (before they broke up) it doesn't surprise me at all that his would be included. In fact, while it was never said by any of them in the movie or elsewhere, I would bet that one of the deciding factors of bringing Joe on board to begin was so they could include some of those songs in their setlist every night and not just when he did a 'guest appearance'. That's purely speculation on my part. If even a tiny part of that is true, then I'd say they have no intention of dropping them. Plus, Joe's songs are so much a part of their history, they've been playing some of them on stage since 1975.

So, TBF, I had front row seats for the Eagles in Vegas for my 50th! It was the best birthday gift I've ever given myself!

They have already paid a huge amount of attention to Joe's solo work & it doesn't need to be emphasised again. For a History of the Eagles tour it should be Eagles songs. This includes LROOE songs that were so unceremoniously dropped. We all got the point about the solo material on the last couple of tours. Let's have something different.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-22-2013, 05:06 PM
They have already paid a huge amount of attention to Joe's solo work & it doesn't need to be emphasised again. For a History of the Eagles tour it should be Eagles songs. This includes LROOE songs that were so unceremoniously dropped. We all got the point about the solo material on the last couple of tours. Let's have something different.

The difference in opinion here comes from the fact that I consider Joe's older solo songs to BE Eagles songs. I would scream in frustration if they were removed. I'm obviously not the only one that feels this way. I look at them like an adopted child, when they took on Joe, they took on the songs.

Topkat
03-22-2013, 05:16 PM
My feeling is that this could possibly be the last big tour. If you don't get to see them now, who knows when or IF they will do another major tour!
They can't please everyone as to the set list, but I'm sure in a 3 hour show you will get a lot of great stuff.... If there is some solo stuff in there, so be it. And what about the possibility of seeing Bernie make a guest appearance??? Nothing definite said yet about it, but it has already been put out there that it may happen?

WalshFan88
03-22-2013, 05:57 PM
The difference in opinion here comes from the fact that I consider Joe's older solo songs to BE Eagles songs. I would scream in frustration if they were removed. I'm obviously not the only one that feels this way. I look at them like an adopted child, when they took on Joe, they took on the songs.

I agree VA. And I agree with your earlier post too.

Brooke
03-22-2013, 06:20 PM
I can handle the Joe solo songs because they have always done them in the Eagles and they were before the break up. Don's came after the break up.

Freypower
03-22-2013, 06:25 PM
I don't have a problem with them but they have been played so often. Why not do something different? Or if they have to do solo songs, different solo songs? I suppose RMW & LBG are untouchable but the others.... get rid of Walk Away & bring back Turn To Stone. Get rid of Funk #49 & do something out of the box like Rosewood Bitters or Help Me Through The Night or even something from Analog Man. Shake it up, for heaven's sake. It doesn't matter to me as I won't be there, but any setlist that is identical to what they have been doing will influence whether or not I see them if they come down here.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-22-2013, 06:27 PM
I can handle the Joe solo songs because they have always done them in the Eagles and they were before the break up. Don's came after the break up.

Yes, I agree. I mean, I don't mind hearing Don's solo songs in Eagles shows, but I'd prefer to hear some oldies-but-goodies. I've only seen Don's solo show once, this past Feb, and after just seeing the Eagles in December, I have to say, his solo songs sound better when the Eagles do them. Maybe it's all in my head.

Tiffanny Twisted
03-22-2013, 06:38 PM
I believe it has been said that all the solo songs could just have easily been eagles songs.
I would be dissapointed if I wasnt able to hear lifes been good to me so far or other jw songs.....
I dont know three hours is a long time to fill and so is covering 40 years ..eventually someone will be dissapointed....

03-22-2013, 06:49 PM
I'll repeat what I said in an earlier post with regard to the band's philosophy about set lists - they are going to play the hits because that's what they believe the majority of their audiences want to hear and that includes solo songs. They say themselves that they get tired of playing those songs, but they do it because their audiences want to hear them and I believe they are correct about that. I'm sure they'd like to perform lots of new stuff, but I don't think they'd sell the tickets they do if they didn't play what their audiences demand. They'll probably throw in a few deep tracks, but I wouldn't expect too many. JMHO

VAisForEagleLovers
03-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Very true, Dreamer.

I just want to mention that Pittsburgh, Louisville, Uncasville, and Cleveland VIP links are up and they will go on sale on Monday, Mar. 25. The prices are the same as the others.

Freypower
03-22-2013, 06:58 PM
I'll repeat what I said in an earlier post with regard to the band's philosophy about set lists - they are going to play the hits because that's what they believe the majority of their audiences want to hear and that includes solo songs. They say themselves that they get tired of playing those songs, but they do it because their audiences want to hear them and I believe they are correct about that. I'm sure they'd like to perform lots of new stuff, but I don't think they'd sell the tickets they do if they didn't play what their audiences demand. They'll probably throw in a few deep tracks, but I wouldn't expect too many. JMHO

If they never test out the audience how will they ever know if the audience would like to hear different songs?

I am not saying they shouldn't play the hits. I am saying that it would not hurt them occasionally to shake it up a bit.

03-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Well I guess it's semantics, but in their mind if they change the order of some songs and change 6 - 8 songs, then they consider that 'shaking it up a bit'. They are probably willing to take a few more chances in their solo shows than they are Eagles shows because they are playing to a lot less people who are either hardcores or folks that aren't all that familiar with their solo work anyway. Honestly, I think over their 40+ year careers they have a lot more experience at testing their audiences than we do. I trust their judgment more than I trust my own.

Freypower
03-22-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm sorry, but in my opinion just dropping the LROOE songs & shortening the show isn't shaking it up.

Obviously this is a minority opinion.

sodascouts
03-22-2013, 08:01 PM
I would like it to be just Eagles songs although I do understand why they include Joe's solo stuff because the crowd loves them. The crowd also loves Don's solo but I think they'd love other Eagles hits even more.

As for the band always knowing best about what pleases their audience... anybody remember how they wore those business suits at every show for like two years even though 99.9% of the audience hated them?

Topkat
03-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Well, if they are going from a 2 hour show to a 3 hour show, that would have to add about 11 or so songs to the set list. They will be doing more than just switching up 6 to 8 songs. Until the first show is played, we won't know the set list, but I am not really expecting many deep tracks...They seem to stick to the hits & that's what has worked for them all these years & they will probably include many of the same solo songs we have been hearing....There will be a few songs that we haven't heard in a long time, & I am hoping that they will add some of LROOE, because most of that album has been entirely dropped! I bet they haven't even figured it out yet.

Thirsty&Hot
03-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Let me preface this with this would be MY VERY FIRST EAGLES GIG!

I just don't know what to do. I am seriously wanting to go to the Bethel, NY or even the Mohegan Sun, CT show (if i have to travel anyway), because I don't want to miss my opportunity to see them. And those venues are pretty small compared to MSG.
That said, I was hoping they'd have a NYC show. (hopefully at the Beacon which is a pretty intimate venue for a band like them.) I really would rather just see them here in NYC because I could go to the show alone, and wouldn't have to pay for a hotel room. My boyfriend really doesn't want to spend the money on the ticket (he doesn't love them like I do), and if i travel to the shows, he has to come with me. He says I should pay for his ticket if I want him to go, but I can't really afford that :(
The other option is he goes with me, but doesn't go to the concert, just drops me off. but that's kinda messed up..what would he do while i'm in the concert? so I'm not sure this is a real option.

Do you guys think it would be wise to hold out for a NYC date?

If they do announce a NYC show before Monday (when they go on presale for me), can someone Please send me an email to my actual email (I have that option available in my Border profile) to make sure I know? haha Thanks in advance!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Let me preface this with this would be MY VERY FIRST EAGLES GIG!

I just don't know what to do. I am seriously wanting to go to the Bethel, NY or even the Mohegan Sun, CT show (if i have to travel anyway), because I don't want to miss my opportunity to see them. And those venues are pretty small compared to MSG.
That said, I was hoping they'd have a NYC show. (hopefully at the Beacon which is a pretty intimate venue for a band like them.) I really would rather just see them here in NYC because I could go to the show alone, and wouldn't have to pay for a hotel room. My boyfriend really doesn't want to spend the money on the ticket (he doesn't love them like I do), and if i travel to the shows, he has to come with me. He says I should pay for his ticket if I want him to go, but I can't really afford that :(
The other option is he goes with me, but doesn't go to the concert, just drops me off. but that's kinda messed up..what would he do while i'm in the concert? so I'm not sure this is a real option.

Do you guys think it would be wise to hold out for a NYC date?

If they do announce a NYC show before Monday (when they go on presale for me), can someone Please send me an email to my actual email (I have that option available in my Border profile) to make sure I know? haha Thanks in advance!

In my inexpert opinion, they will do NYC and probably at JD's MSG. I think it would be a different tour leg, like in the fall, and so not announced anytime soon. But again, that's just my opinion.

Thirsty&Hot
03-22-2013, 09:43 PM
In my inexpert opinion, they will do NYC and probably at JD's MSG. I think it would be a different tour leg, like in the fall, and so not announced anytime soon. But again, that's just my opinion.

hmm ok, thanks.

can I ask..what do you mean by "JD's" MSG?

VAisForEagleLovers
03-22-2013, 09:52 PM
Jimmy Dolan who has a little band that often opens for the Eagles and some of them as solo artists called JD and the Straight Shots.

sodascouts
03-22-2013, 10:18 PM
if i travel to the shows, he has to come with me.

Why?

He says I should pay for his ticket if I want him to goUm. HELL NO.

The other option is he goes with me, but doesn't go to the concert, just drops me off. but that's kinda messed up..what would he do while i'm in the concert?Who cares what he does? If he's not cool enough to buy a ticket and go with you, that's his problem. This is about what YOU want.

Ladies, never let some guy stand in the way between you and the EAGLES!

Thirsty&Hot
03-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Why?

Um. HELL NO.

Who cares what he does? If he's not cool enough to buy a ticket and go with you, that's his problem. This is about what YOU want.

Ladies, never let some guy stand in the way between you and the EAGLES!

why? because he would be driving me up there in our car (I just got my license in October and do not drive long trips by myself)

while I appreciate how cute that last line is...I care because he's my boyfriend of 11 years and despite him not loving the Eagles as much as I do, I love him just as much as I love the Eagles (if not more) :shrug:

sodascouts
03-22-2013, 10:44 PM
I see. Well, you might consider trying to overcome your fear of doing long drives alone. It's so freeing to be able to drive anywhere you want at any time!

Thirsty&Hot
03-22-2013, 11:47 PM
I see. Well, you might consider trying to overcome your fear of doing long drives alone. It's so freeing to be able to drive anywhere you want at any time!

I don't doubt that! I will eventually. I need to get more driving in. Living in the city, we don't actually drive the car that much..I move it 3 times a week myself for alternate side parking. NYC drivers are aggressive assholes so the actual drive on the roads leading out of the city is really daunting especially when you don't know how to get where your going without looking at GPS.

sodascouts
03-22-2013, 11:54 PM
I forgot you were a New Yorker. I've driven all over the country and the only place where I was terrified to drive was NYC. A few months ago I was trying to drive to SoHo for dinner before going to the Hamptons and it was a freaking nightmare. I feared for my life several times - not exaggerating.

Thirsty&Hot
03-23-2013, 12:04 AM
I forgot you were a New Yorker. I've driven all over the country and the only place where I was terrified to drive was NYC. A few months ago I was trying to drive to Soho for dinner before going to the Hamptons and it was a freaking nightmare. I feared for my life several times - not exaggerating.

I believe it! You wouldn't believe the idiots I encounter just driving the car around the block!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-23-2013, 10:31 AM
I went out and poked around, just to see what the presales on Monday might be like. I didn't see any DVD/ticket bundles. Didn't see any good seats, either.

Henley Honey
03-23-2013, 10:33 AM
The bundles are on the bottom of the ticketmaster page where you accept seats offered. I gave it a quick look and it seemed the prices were higher than on the band's website or on amazon.

Double checked. The prices are:
$255 Deluxe Box set with T Shirt $285
$ 48.99 3 Disc Blu Ray with T shirt $79.99
$ 42.99 3 Disc DVD with T shirt $73.99

GlennLover
03-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Does LiveNation allow you to upgrade your tickets if better ones become available after you have purchased them? I was reading on TicketMaster that they do that but, the Ottawa show is listed under LiveNation.

sodascouts
03-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Ticketmaster does that? Since when?

VAisForEagleLovers
03-23-2013, 03:25 PM
I did do it a year ago with LiveNation, for Glenn's show in DC, but the stipulation was 72 hours. The best bet is to open a live chat session with them or send an email or call and see what their current 'rules' are.

zeldabjr
03-23-2013, 03:33 PM
I'm looking for someone to go to the Toronto, Cleveland or Pittsburgh concert with...and maybe room with for the night...I like Soda's concept...don't let a man...or anyone stand in your way of seeing the guys...

actually I could go to any of the concerts if I fly...if anyone wants a roommate...

Windeagle
03-23-2013, 09:48 PM
I'm looking for someone to go to the Toronto, Cleveland or Pittsburgh concert with...and maybe room with for the night...I like Soda's concept...don't let a man...or anyone stand in your way of seeing the guys...

actually I could go to any of the concerts if I fly...if anyone wants a roommate...

You're welcome here if you'd like to come to Boston.

GlennLover
03-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Ticketmaster does that? Since when?

I don't know. I read it yesterday on their website.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Hey all, I got two emails tonight, both from LiveNation. One was for the show here in DC and the other for the show in Pittsburgh (I have both venues 'favorited').

The email for Pittsburgh said there was a LiveNation presale that begins tomorrow morning. AmEx not required. The email for DC did NOT say this, so it's obviously not all the shows. It's my guess, but I don't know, that any venue that currently has the interactive map available might have this presale tomorrow. Due to volume, don't count on the interactive maps being there in the morning, so check now.

The presale code is on Livenation's 'help'. There are two and I only remember SWOON. I'm listening to hockey while writing testcases, so I don't have time now to go back and look again at the second one.

desperado
03-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Hi I just found this forum, wanted to say it's interesting how Bethel Woods is selling out so quickly, yet Philadelphia still has a good amount of great seats still available.

this will be my first Eagles show ever. I'm very psyched! Will be going to the Bethel Woods show on 7/25.

Also was if there are any Stones fans on board here?

AstraeaLunaAvani
03-26-2013, 11:52 PM
Hi I just found this forum, wanted to say it's interesting how Bethel Woods is selling out so quickly, yet Philadelphia still has a good amount of great seats still available.

this will be my first Eagles show ever. I'm very psyched! Will be going to the Bethel Woods show on 7/25.

Oh awesome, you ARE going to see them!! In your introduction thread I said hopefully you'll get to see them soon, and you are! YAY!

Windeagle
03-27-2013, 09:21 AM
A question for the experienced ticket buyers out there - I bought VIP tickets to Mansfield with the package that promises tickets in rows 11-20, but they don't tell you which seats you got on the receipt. Is there a way to check this, say by calling the venue, prior to the show, or do you really have to wait until you arrive like they say you do?

VAisForEagleLovers
03-27-2013, 09:38 AM
A question for the experienced ticket buyers out there - I bought VIP tickets to Mansfield with the package that promises tickets in rows 11-20, but they don't tell you which seats you got on the receipt. Is there a way to check this, say by calling the venue, prior to the show, or do you really have to wait until you arrive like they say you do?

I'm pretty sure you have to wait until you get there. I've never gotten the Fan package that doesn't include dinner, so I assume you don't get your tickets like the others. They will send you an email telling you where to go and what to do, but don't hesitate to call them now and get more information on how the Fan package works.

GlennLover
03-27-2013, 10:05 AM
I'm trying to buy tickets for Ottawa on the presale but the best seats are in the 1st upper leve. Should I wait for the regular sale for better seats?

VAisForEagleLovers
03-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Tough call, but I'd say yes. It's always a gamble.

GlennLover
03-27-2013, 10:10 AM
Thanks, VK. I think I'll wait.

Houston Debutante
03-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Yes, I agree. I mean, I don't mind hearing Don's solo songs in Eagles shows, but I'd prefer to hear some oldies-but-goodies. I've only seen Don's solo show once, this past Feb, and after just seeing the Eagles in December, I have to say, his solo songs sound better when the Eagles do them. Maybe it's all in my head.

It's a matter of opinion but Don's songs sound just as good if not better when he does them solo. They were not designed to be Eagles songs. Layering on Eagles harmonies makes them different, but I wouldn't say better. Even I question the decision to include them when Don sings lead on so many great Eagles songs. I can see why they include Joe's because he doesn't have many Eagles leads, but Don has plenty.

Houston Debutante
03-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Jimmy Dolan who has a little band that often opens for the Eagles and some of them as solo artists called JD and the Straight Shots.

I saw them open for Don once. They stink IMHO.

TimothyBFan
03-27-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm trying to buy tickets for Ottawa on the presale but the best seats are in the 1st upper leve. Should I wait for the regular sale for better seats?

Maybe I'm the only one, but this just bugs the crap out of me!!! Presale and there's not a seat on the floor to be had? I'm not buying it!!!:-x

sodascouts
03-27-2013, 12:23 PM
I know! And scalpers were selling tickets for these shows even before the AmEx presales.

GlennLover
03-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Maybe I'm the only one, but this just bugs the crap out of me!!! Presale and there's not a seat on the floor to be had? I'm not buying it!!!:-x

It's extremely frustrating, to say the least!!!! :enraged: I don't want to spend all that money, which includes boarding 2 of our cats do to medical reasons, if we con only get crappy seats!

Brooke
03-27-2013, 01:22 PM
Who gives the scalpers tickets before any presales? Who????????? I wanna know! That is just not fair! :scowl:

And there are tons of them out there for sale!

Houston Debutante
03-27-2013, 03:13 PM
It's an Inside Job as Don would say.

zeldabjr
03-27-2013, 06:35 PM
yeah all this ticket stuff gives me a big headache and gut ache...sooo stressful confusing aggravating..etc...

I was thinking a while ago...wouldn't it be cool if we were independently wealthy and could start the tour with them in Louisville and just go from place to place and see every single concert...WOW!!! what a dream...

GlennLover
03-27-2013, 10:35 PM
yeah all this ticket stuff gives me a big headache and gut ache...sooo stressful confusing aggravating..etc...

I was thinking a while ago...wouldn't it be cool if we were independently wealthy and could start the tour with them in Louisville and just go from place to place and see every single concert...WOW!!! what a dream...

Very, very cool indeed!:partytime: I can't take theis stress of ticket purchasing!

Brooke
03-28-2013, 10:55 AM
It would be nice, zelda.

:idea: Maybe we should do a lottery pool amongst us!

Thirsty&Hot
03-28-2013, 05:32 PM
I didn't get tickets
I tried the presale and today for Bethel and Mohegan Sun, CT, but I didn't like any of the seats esp not for those prices.
and I don't want GA lawn all the way in the back at Bethel.
and the more I think about it, i don't want to go to Bethel..an outdoor venue in the middle of the summer and have to worry about heat/rain

so I'm hoping for a NYC date at some point :(

Outlawman13
03-28-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm hoping for something soon. I really want to fly to the summerfeast and see all of those bands over there. EAGLES I NEED TO SEE YOU GUYS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait another day. Come to either the west or the south.

RebeccaLovesEagles
03-28-2013, 06:39 PM
I got my tickets for Miwaukee, WI. :partytime::partytime::partytime::partytime:

I am on Cloud 9 :angel:

Brooke
03-29-2013, 11:57 AM
I wish they would post some more dates so I could plan my vacation times. I need St. Louis! Come on guys, don't leave us hanging!

Topkat
03-30-2013, 10:07 AM
I didn't get tickets
I tried the presale and today for Bethel and Mohegan Sun, CT, but I didn't like any of the seats esp not for those prices.
and I don't want GA lawn all the way in the back at Bethel.
and the more I think about it, i don't want to go to Bethel..an outdoor venue in the middle of the summer and have to worry about heat/rain

so I'm hoping for a NYC date at some point :(

Me too...I think they will do NYC on the next leg of the tour.
Those outdoor concerts & festivals are fun when you are 20, but for me now...not so much! I don't want to hang out all day in the heat or the rain or whatever else may happen!

HeatherK
03-30-2013, 10:35 PM
I'm hoping for more dates, too- Detroit would be best for me but since that isn't scheduled, I'm going to Cleveland.

Watch, NOW they'll add Detroit LOL

Thirsty&Hot
03-30-2013, 10:43 PM
Me too...I think they will do NYC on the next leg of the tour.
Those outdoor concerts & festivals are fun when you are 20, but for me now...not so much! I don't want to hang out all day in the heat or the rain or whatever else may happen!

Right on! Even at 30 I don't dig that anymore !

sodascouts
03-31-2013, 02:21 AM
Welcome Heather! Let's hope more dates are announced soon.

Tiffanny Twisted
03-31-2013, 10:32 AM
I dont do outdoor venues...Just not my thing...Dont know haow the weather will be so its always iffy ..I am an allergy sufferer and I am sorry but I want a nice climate controled venue with good acustocis please with four rocking handsome dudes on stage...

VAisForEagleLovers
03-31-2013, 12:07 PM
I'm hoping for more dates, too- Detroit would be best for me but since that isn't scheduled, I'm going to Cleveland.

Watch, NOW they'll add Detroit LOL

I would think they will play in Detroit or somewhere near it, but probably not until fall sometime?

Welcome to The Border, Heather!

WalshFan88
03-31-2013, 05:40 PM
I don't do outdoor shows either. Just can't handle it with my health.

Welcome Heather!

Tiffanny Twisted
03-31-2013, 06:02 PM
welcome to heather:yay:

MercedesBends
03-31-2013, 09:09 PM
Does anybody have a pretty big "fest" like Summerfest in Sep or Oct that might be a safe bet? I've noticed they are playing a combo of indoor & outdoor venues. For example, Pittsburgh has the Post Gazette Pavilion but is playing at Consol Energy Center. Climate is a big thing, so I think the indoor venues are becoming more in vogue since Reba wanted indoor venues bc of the voice...so they could show anywhere at any time, IMO...

M

Houston Debutante
04-03-2013, 12:05 PM
There's the Austin City Limits Festival in October. They played there in 2010... but I wouldn't call it a safe bet. More like a possibility.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-03-2013, 05:02 PM
I thought this was an interesting read. It talks about Don, talks about the Eagles, talks about the movie, but most of it has to do with the tour, so I thought I'd put it here.

http://www.greenwichcitizen.com/opinion/article/Eagles-tickets-worth-the-price-in-the-long-run-4406563.php

Thirsty&Hot
04-03-2013, 07:14 PM
thanks for that VA!
interesting read indeed
and making me long..ache...yearn for them to come to NYC even more than before ..if that's even possible!
:sigh: :worried: :pray:

Tiffanny Twisted
04-04-2013, 06:26 AM
Va I really enjoyed that article.
i sent an email to the author ..I liked it so much

TimothyBFan
04-04-2013, 07:16 AM
That was a cute read!! :thumbsup:

johnnycomelately89
04-04-2013, 04:08 PM
i am planning on attending one of the west coast shows of the new tour. i am getting the $895 dollar tickets. if anyone has had these before is there anything included that they don't mention on the site? do you meet the band?

Brooke
04-04-2013, 04:10 PM
I did it once and no, you don't get to meet the band. :sad: It was fun and quite an experience though.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-04-2013, 06:12 PM
i am planning on attending one of the west coast shows of the new tour. i am getting the $895 dollar tickets. if anyone has had these before is there anything included that they don't mention on the site? do you meet the band?

By '$895' seats, I assume you mean from VIP Nation? You don't get to meet the band, but I will say that VIP Nation sells front row packages for other bands that include backstage passes, where you may meet the band but it's unlikely. However, for the Eagles, it doesn't include backstage passes, and you definitely don't meet the band.

The dinners include a raffle where you can get some free merchandise, that's the only thing I can think of that may be included that's not listed.

For each package type, you don't know what seats you're getting until the night of the event. The ones who get into VIP Nation first are the ones who get the best seats. If you're one of the last ones, you could be in a section other than the middle section, and that's especially true of the front row package.

johnnycomelately89
04-04-2013, 06:42 PM
does anyone have any knowledge or could guess from past experiences when the west coast dates for the new tour will be announced?

AEW21
04-06-2013, 01:49 AM
Curious to know when they'll announce the "ex-band member" joining the tour, if it is indeed happening.

Don mentioned it a few times but Glenn seemed rather evasive about it. If anyone, I would think it would be Bernie Leadon, which would be great for those early hits... (And he seemed to inspire the least amount if ire from Glenn and Don in the documentary when his exit was mentioned. Glenn even sort of laughed about the beer incident!)

HeatherK
04-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Curious to know when they'll announce the "ex-band member" joining the tour, if it is indeed happening.

Don mentioned it a few times but Glenn seemed rather evasive about it. If anyone, I would think it would be Bernie Leadon, which would be great for those early hits... (And he seemed to inspire the least amount if ire from Glenn and Don in the documentary when his exit was mentioned. Glenn even sort of laughed about the beer incident!)

I wondered about it, too. I think if it happens it would be Bernie- I get the feeling things are still too raw for it to be Don Felder and with Randy's health I can't see it being him at all.

GlennLover
04-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Don has said that if it does happen it will be Bernie.

AEW21
04-06-2013, 05:39 PM
How embarrassed am I that I wrote " Bernie Felder" in my last post? This is what happens when you post at ten minutes to 1AM... ;). Gotta go correct...

No, it's correct...only all wonky in quoted post...

04-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Yep - I got a giggle when I saw that AEW - I thought it was April Fool's Day again. :grin:

does anyone have any knowledge or could guess from past experiences when the west coast dates for the new tour will be announced?

Don't have a clue, jcl. I do believe that at least since the F1 tour, they have been making CA one of the last legs of their tours though. But, who knows if that trend will continue??? :shrug:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Putting this here for now, but I should probably start a new thread under Joe's forum for a new album, and discussion of it can take place there. This article is about half and half, new album talk and History of the Eagles Tour talk. What he has to say about the HOTE tour is pretty interesting...

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1556715/joe-walsh-enlists-dr-john-robert-randolph-for-new-blues-album

sad-cafe
04-09-2013, 09:19 PM
I am so praying they come to ICT for this tour. I will be there no matter how much I have to pay for tickets.

WalshFan88
04-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Interesting VA.

I'd hate to see Joe off of the stage but I guess it's ok. I personally like his slightly different way of playing the TIE solo as opposed to the B Bending country version but it will be cool I guess.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Perhaps Joe spoke before he was supposed to? Rolling Stone put out another article and there's an update at the bottom that says things are 'still in discussion'.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/former-eagles-guitarist-bernie-leadon-to-rejoin-band-for-upcoming-tour-20130409

Prettymaid
04-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Interesting VA.

I'd hate to see Joe off of the stage but I guess it's ok. I personally like his slightly different way of playing the TIE solo as opposed to the B Bending country version but it will be cool I guess.

But doesn't Joe say that he would get to play WITH Bernie?

desperado
04-09-2013, 10:28 PM
I thought this was an interesting read. It talks about Don, talks about the Eagles, talks about the movie, but most of it has to do with the tour, so I thought I'd put it here.

http://www.greenwichcitizen.com/opinion/article/Eagles-tickets-worth-the-price-in-the-long-run-4406563.php

I am very excited about this!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-09-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm guessing they're still deciding. If they do James Gang songs (and I hope they do), then Bernie might play with them. He played those songs with them when they did them when Joe 'guested' before Bernie left.

I was thinking, while Bernie might only be on stage for the songs they did while he was with the band, he could 'return' and do How Long with them, since they did How Long with Bernie, they just didn't record it.

Prettymaid
04-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Think he'll play banjo on TIE? Dang, I'd like to see that!

sodascouts
04-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Bernie is confirmed!

SO. FREAKING. AWESOME.

Deep tracks dusted off!! Rare footage!!!! I can't wait!!!!!

ETA:

Update: A spokesperson for the Eagles says Leadon and other details regarding the tour are "in discussion."

Or not.....

04-09-2013, 10:42 PM
It will be awesome if this really does happen. I think there may be a few songs where both Bernie and Joe could both play. I love the idea of Joe popping in with James Gang songs, although my guess is they'll be Funk #49 and Walk Away.

sad-cafe
04-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Bernie is confirmed!

SO. FREAKING. AWESOME.

Deep tracks dusted off!! Rare footage!!!! I can't wait!!!!!

waiting to hear bitter Creek

Outlawman13
04-09-2013, 10:44 PM
I would be so happy if Bernie gets to play with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it gets confirmed soon.

Thirsty&Hot
04-09-2013, 11:05 PM
I would love to hear Bernie sing Train Leaves Here This Morning!

and I know I keep saying this..but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a NYC date!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Think he'll play banjo on TIE? Dang, I'd like to see that!

I hope so!!

Outlawman13
04-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Take it Easy sounds amazing with Bernie playing banjo. Please ohhhhh please bring him in!!!!!!!!!

Thirsty&Hot
04-09-2013, 11:11 PM
I feel like Joe "leaking" the Bernie thing cannot be a mistake...aren't all of these publicity things carefully planned out? Especially at this stage in their career.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-09-2013, 11:20 PM
I feel like Joe "leaking" the Bernie thing cannot be a mistake...aren't all of these publicity things carefully planned out? Especially at this stage in their career.

Well, no, they aren't carefully leaked. Joe spent months at the end of 2011 telling everyone the Eagles would do a big 40th anniversary tour in 2012, and it never happened.

Thirsty&Hot
04-09-2013, 11:26 PM
ah okay! ..what do I know? I guess I just figured it should be that way haha

VAisForEagleLovers
04-09-2013, 11:48 PM
ah okay! ..what do I know? I guess I just figured it should be that way haha

I agree, it should be...

TimothyBFan
04-10-2013, 07:19 AM
with a chronological show that will include both acoustic and full-on electric segments.

"There'll be part of the show that doesn't involve me, but I may come out and play some James Gang stuff as part of the show just to show what I was doing when 'Witchy Woman' came out," he notes. "We don't have that down yet."

Hmmm.... this interest me--- so if Joe will be off the stage through the early part of the show because he wasn't with the band, will Timothy also and not come out at all till the Long Run stuff? And if so, who's playing Joe's parts now? Bernie? And who's going to be doing base during this part of the show? :headscratch: So many questions!! :spin:

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-10-2013, 08:59 AM
That will be awesome if Bernie comes back! But I would prefer to have Randy & Don back too. If it's the History of the Eagles tour, why would they not include everyone who was part of their history? Aside from Randy's recent health problems, he would have probably done it. I just feel like if they can't include everyone, don't include just one of them.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-10-2013, 09:08 AM
I believe Randy's health issues are on-going, and I don't believe he's sung in public in many years. As for Felder, as long as he continues to take pot-shots at the band through the media, they'd never be able to work with him. The guys don't need the stress and as for the fans, most of the shows announced so far are either sold out or very nearly so. The paying fans apparently don't care who won't be on the stage, but I agree, having all seven would be a great thing.

Brooke
04-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Wow! What cool news! I hope it's true! Please, please! This part especially!

Walsh reports. "We're going to revisit a lot of old songs and do a whole new tour based around the documentary. It'll be quite an evening."

LOVE!

AftertheThrill
04-10-2013, 02:35 PM
So will Bernie be an Eagle or a guest?

Houston Debutante
04-10-2013, 03:12 PM
That will be awesome if Bernie comes back! But I would prefer to have Randy & Don back too. If it's the History of the Eagles tour, why would they not include everyone who was part of their history? Aside from Randy's recent health problems, he would have probably done it. I just feel like if they can't include everyone, don't include just one of them.

Why should Randy and Felder spoil things for Bernie? That's like saying 'If I can't be happy, no one else can be.'

It's not Bernie's fault that Randy is ill and Felder's a pill. ;)

GettheLeadonOut!!
04-10-2013, 05:33 PM
My dreams have come true! Can't wait to see Bernie and his fabulous Eagles this summer!!!

Freypower
04-10-2013, 06:33 PM
My dreams have come true! Can't wait to see Bernie and his fabulous Eagles this summer!!!

He will be a guest. You make it sound like they're his backing band. I know you're excited but...

Freypower
04-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Hmmm.... this interest me--- so if Joe will be off the stage through the early part of the show because he wasn't with the band, will Timothy also and not come out at all till the Long Run stuff? And if so, who's playing Joe's parts now? Bernie? And who's going to be doing base during this part of the show? :headscratch: So many questions!! :spin:

Tim will play bass. Who else could do it? That is unavoidable.

When Joe comes out obviously Joe will play Joe's parts & Bernie will probably leave the stage.

AftertheThrill
04-10-2013, 07:18 PM

When Joe comes out obviously Joe will play Joe's parts & Bernie will probably leave the stage.

Will they bring Joe out in a road box? And will Bernie pour a beer on Glenn when he leaves the stage or will he just say "I'm going surfing"

VAisForEagleLovers
04-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Will they bring Joe out in a road box? And will Bernie pour a beer on Glenn when he leaves the stage or will he just say "I'm going surfing"

I think the beer is unlikely, but I can tell you that I'll be thinking about that during the concert! I wondered the same about the road box...

Freypower
04-10-2013, 08:04 PM
What's a road box? :eyebrow:

I hope if this happens it will be civilised & people will treat each other with respect.

AftertheThrill
04-10-2013, 08:07 PM
What's a road box? :eyebrow:

I hope if this happens it will be civilised & people will treat each other with respect.

It's a box that is used to transport concert equipment. Glenn mentioned in the doc and I know it was mentioned somewhere else as well that before Joe joined the band he would come on stage for a song or two. They would wheel him out in a road box and he would jump out like a girl would jump out of a giant cake.

TimothyBFan
04-11-2013, 07:41 AM

Apparently, I'm not in the know as much as you are because I don't know that for sure. And from what we've all been reading, either do the Eagles themselves because they keep saying it's all in discussion.

What Joe said was,

"There'll be part of the show that doesn't involve me, but I may come out and play some James Gang stuff as part of the show just to show what I was doing when 'Witchy Woman' came out," he notes. "We don't have that down yet."

It seems to me if he isn't involved in some of the show, presumably because he wasn't with the band at the time, that Timothy MIGHT NOT be also.

I think it was a legitimate question/concern/thought that warranted some opinions but the "WILL play" (tho seems reasonable) and the "OBVIOUSLY"s are a little presumptuous, in my opinion, unless you know something the rest of us do not.

Prettymaid
04-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Yep, who knows how they'll do it, and I find that exciting! Every Eagles show I have been to I have known the set list in advance. If I get a chance to see them during this tour, I really would like to be surprised. I think I enjoy it more when I don't know every single thing.

pueblo47
04-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Never thought this day would come. Bernie touring with them again, doing the early songs that got them headed to the "yellow brick road." I'm a happy camper.

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Why should Randy and Felder spoil things for Bernie? That's like saying 'If I can't be happy, no one else can be.'

It's not Bernie's fault that Randy is ill and Felder's a pill. ;)

I see your point, I am just a perfectionist. If something isn't 100% the way it should be, I would rather not bother with it. I'm a real stickler for original lineups too.

NYC Fan
04-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Yep, who knows how they'll do it, and I find that exciting! Every Eagles show I have been to I have known the set list in advance. If I get a chance to see them during this tour, I really would like to be surprised. I think I enjoy it more when I don't know every single thing.

Agreed! I am really looking forward to any surprises they pull out, and seeing Bernie will be great. Got my Philly tickets in the mail, so it all seems real now!

Can't wait.

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-11-2013, 05:30 PM

LOL :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
That's hilariousness. It made me spit koolaid:nahnah:

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-11-2013, 06:19 PM
It's a box that is used to transport concert equipment. Glenn mentioned in the doc and I know it was mentioned somewhere else as well that before Joe joined the band he would come on stage for a song or two. They would wheel him out in a road box and he would jump out like a girl would jump out of a giant cake.

If he decides to jump out of the road box again, I think his fans should get to vote on his attire:angel:

Prettymaid
04-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Now, we don't know if Bernie will be a guest at all of the shows, do we? And if not, which shows will he do? That would definitely influence what show I go to. I want to see Bernie!

Freypower
04-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Apparently, I'm not in the know as much as you are because I don't know that for sure. And from what we've all been reading, either do the Eagles themselves because they keep saying it's all in discussion.

What Joe said was,

It seems to me if he isn't involved in some of the show, presumably because he wasn't with the band at the time, that Timothy MIGHT NOT be also.

I think it was a legitimate question/concern/thought that warranted some opinions but the "WILL play" (tho seems reasonable) and the "OBVIOUSLY"s are a little presumptuous, in my opinion, unless you know something the rest of us do not.

Then who do you think would play bass?

I didn't mean to sound presumptuous or that I knew something the rest of you didn't. But the laws of probability indicate to me that given Randy's health they are not suddenly going to get another bass player for the early material. I just cannot take this 'history' stuff this literally. I think the 'discussion' relates to other issues. I don't know how they can leave Tim out. It just is not practical because they don't have another bass player, whereas they will have Bernie before Joe.

I also have a problem with the James Gang being incorporated into this. It is supposed to be a history of the Eagles. The Eagles have done the James Gang songs. I don't know why Joe's career should have a separate part in this show when I think it's a safe bet there won't be any Poco songs. Unless that is also 'under discussion' but frankly, I doubt it. I know Joe had his own career. Can't he celebrate that at solo shows?

Prettymaid
04-11-2013, 06:55 PM
I sort of agree with you on that FP, but I suppose it will be Funk 49 or Walk Away, which would normally be played later in an Eagles show anyway.

ETA: Sorry, FP, I posted before I read the end of your post. I understand what you're saying.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-11-2013, 07:20 PM

I didn't mean to sound presumptuous or that I knew something the rest of you didn't. But the laws of probability indicate to me that given Randy's health they are not suddenly going to get another bass player for the early material. I just cannot take this 'history' stuff this literally. I think the 'discussion' relates to other issues. I don't know how they can leave Tim out. It just is not practical because they don't have another bass player, whereas they will have Bernie before Joe.

I also have a problem with the James Gang being incorporated into this. It is supposed to be a history of the Eagles. The Eagles have done the James Gang songs. I don't know why Joe's career should have a separate part in this show when I think it's a safe bet there won't be any Poco songs. Unless that is also 'under discussion' but frankly, I doubt it. I know Joe had his own career. Can't he celebrate that at solo shows?

Did the Eagles do Poco songs in the early days? Or even ever? I look at it this way, they've done Walk Away and RMW for longer than they've done Hotel California, supposedly (according to some) their claim to fame and their iconic song. I realize I'm prejudiced because I love both RMW and WA, and I'm also remembering hearing both in Joe's recent solo shows and knowing the Eagles play it far better than he does solo. I guess I just consider them Eagles songs and they miss something significant when done solo. While the same is true of Don's solo songs (the Eagles performing them better than Don solo) I don't have quite the same feelings for those. They are even putting RMW on the bonus DVD from the 1977 concert and intended to even back then. It's why they did those eight songs, out of their usual order that night, then came back out later to do the other songs. At the time and now they obviously consider those songs part of their history, and a part they want to recognize. Like I said before, they're like adopted children.

ETA: I get what you're saying, FP and even understand why you feel the way you do. I just have a different opinion.

Freypower
04-11-2013, 07:27 PM
I understand both sides of this as well & no, they never did Poco songs except for Keep On Tryin'. My point I guess that this could be an oportunity to celebrate the band rather than continuing to rely on extraneous material no matter how well they play it or how long they've played it.

TimothyBFan
04-11-2013, 07:28 PM

I said it does seem reasonable that Timothy will play bass. My point was basically that you seem to state things as fact more than as an opinion & quite frankly, it sounds as if you think that I/we just aren't "getting it".

I think, even tho Bernie will be there for some or all shows & they might have Joe off stage during that part- if they are trying to stay that true to how it was, they'll have a hard time doing so without Randy & Don F. And having Timothy off stage also. Does that make sense?

I do completely agree with you about the Joe solo stuff. I Still keep thinking about the article that said they'd be incorporating solo works also- I just hope it isn't just Joe stuff.

Anyone else thinking that the fact they are saying they are in discussions about adding old stuff haven't done for long time AND solo stuff AND ex-member AND all new graphics, etc.... They really have their work cut out for them & the show might have to be 5 hours long to get it all included? I'm OK with that.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-11-2013, 07:32 PM
They really have their work cut out for them & the show might have to be 5 hours long to get it all included? I'm on with that.

I'm on with that, too! As I said to HH earlier today, I'm going to two shows. What possessed me to choose two that are at the end of the first tour leg? I'll be going crazy.

GlennLover
04-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Five hours1 Yeah! :thumbsup::partytime:

I agree that it would only be right that Timothy would play bass in all songs. Also, someone would have to play Felder's parts in any songs that he played on before Joe joined the band. It would have to be Joe or Steuart.

Freypower
04-11-2013, 07:46 PM
I said it does seem reasonable that Timothy will play bass. My point was basically that you seem to state things as fact more than as an opinion & quite frankly, it sounds as if you think that I/we just aren't "getting it".

I think, even tho Bernie will be there for some or all shows & they might have Joe off stage during that part- if they are trying to stay that true to how it was, they'll have a hard time doing so without Randy & Don F. And having Timothy off stage also. Does that make sense?

I do completely agree with you about the Joe solo stuff. I Still keep thinking about the article that said they'd be incorporating solo works also- I just hope it isn't just Joe stuff.

Anyone else thinking that the fact they are saying they are in discussions about adding old stuff haven't done for long time AND solo stuff AND ex-member AND all new graphics, etc.... They really have their work cut out for them & the show might have to be 5 hours long to get it all included? I'm OK with that.

I didn't mean it to sound as if I thought others were not 'getting it' & if you thought it sounded like that I apologise.

I said that I can't take the history aspect that literally & I meant it. We know that Randy & Felder won't be there & therefore it will not really be attempting to recreate 'how it was'.

I don't know what it's going to be like but I really am not sure that it will be very different from their current show. As GL says above, Felder's parts will probably be played by Steuart.

As for solo songs I imagine it will be the same Joe songs & the same Don songs. I hate to sound so cynical. I hope I am wrong.

Prettymaid
04-11-2013, 08:45 PM
I think it's fun to speculate. They're 3 months from the tour, so I would think they'd be close to deciding on a set list so that they can start rehearsing the show. Don't they have to rehearse with what's going to be on the background screen?

Topkat
04-11-2013, 09:10 PM
I don't want Joe to have to leave the stage when Bernie is on....They can both be on stage....How many times have you seen like 5 guitar players on stage? And I mean like 5 huge major guitar players on stage together.... I will be upset if Joe isn't there. To me that is ridiculous...

zeldabjr
04-11-2013, 10:21 PM
I don't want Joe to have to leave the stage when Bernie is on....They can both be on stage....How many times have you seen like 5 guitar players on stage? And I mean like 5 huge major guitar players on stage together.... I will be upset if Joe isn't there. To me that is ridiculous...

I'm with you on this TK...I don't want Joe off stage doing nothing...want him on stage!

Prettymaid
04-11-2013, 10:26 PM
He does say that he's looking forward to playing WITH Bernie... Maybe it'll be both.

Spiritinthesky
04-12-2013, 04:49 AM
http://www.rocksquare.com/community/musicnews/2211

GlennLover
04-12-2013, 10:42 AM
He does say that he's looking forward to playing WITH Bernie... Maybe it'll be both.

yes, it may be omly for a couple of songs that Joe isn't on stage.

Houston Debutante
04-12-2013, 11:19 AM
This is SO exciting!!!

As for speculating, you got to be careful about stating speculations as fact 'cause you might have to eat some crow once the shows start. That said, there's no harm in it.

I speculate that Tim will stay onstage and play the whole time but just not be highlighted ~ kind of stand back in the shadows like the Eagles do for most of Desperado when the spotlight is on Don.

Shadowland07
04-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Anyone have any idea if they'll be heading to Indianapolis? I ask because I just found out Paul McCartney is coming here July 24th and I've been saving for the boys but...if they aren't coming then I'm going to see Sir Paul.

Prettymaid
04-12-2013, 12:57 PM
I know SL, it's a crap shoot, right?

I have to say though, I know you've seen the Eagles. If you haven't seen Paul, you should go see him. He is AMAZING.

I'D like to see the Eagles in Indy. They are not stupid. They do this by design to get hardcores to go to more than one show.

sodascouts
04-12-2013, 01:42 PM
http://www.rocksquare.com/community/musicnews/2211

We have a discussion going already about this exciting news - I'll move your post. It's going to be great!

ETA: Done!

Henley Honey
04-12-2013, 07:12 PM
I have no clue about the technology behind it and so I have no idea if it's even possible, but wouldn't it be something if they could do a hologram of Randy singing TITTL? Can they use old concert footage for this? If not for the whole song maybe just the end? I love Glenn's version, but I'd love to hear Randy's perfectly-pitched high notes "one more time".

Thirsty&Hot
04-12-2013, 09:26 PM

Hehe this made me giggle.

And yes although it would be cool to have all seven guys for this tour, I'm just as excited if it's only Bernie! Bernie is awesome.

Thirsty&Hot
04-12-2013, 09:36 PM
I have no clue about the technology behind it and so I have no idea if it's even possible, but wouldn't it be something if they could do a hologram of Randy singing TITTL? Can they use old concert footage for this? If not for the whole song maybe just the end? I love Glenn's version, but I'd love to hear Randy's perfectly-pitched high notes "one more time".

That's a cool idea

sad-cafe
04-13-2013, 06:25 PM
do you think this will be the last tour? I mean they are almost 70 and they sound AWESOME, but I just have to wonder if this is the final one?
:(

Freypower
04-13-2013, 06:34 PM
do you think this will be the last tour? I mean they are almost 70 and they sound AWESOME, but I just have to wonder if this is the final one?
:(

I regard them as being in their mid 60s. The answer is we don't know. This tour will take a couple of years.

Outlawman13
04-13-2013, 06:49 PM
A couple of years?!!! All right!!!!!!!!:partytime: I need to see them soon!!!!!!

sodascouts
04-13-2013, 06:51 PM
I hope not but it might be their last large-scale world tour. I imagine they'll play casinos and the like after they've stopped doing world tours, though.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-13-2013, 07:15 PM
I hope not but it might be their last large-scale world tour. I imagine they'll play casinos and the like after they've stopped doing world tours, though.

I agree with Soda, they're likely to do what they've been doing the last 2-3 years once this tour is over, which will take a few years. As long as they're all healthy and people want to hear them, I think there's a good chance they'll keep on keeping on.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-13-2013, 07:24 PM
your lips to gods ears and a few eagles eares too:hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-29-2013, 06:19 PM
More dates announced!

Sept. 6 - Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
Sept. 8 – Rexall Place, Edmonton
Sept. 10 – Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, Alberta
Sept. 13 – Credit Union Centre, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Sept. 15 – MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Sept. 17 – Target Center, Minneapolis, MN
Sept. 20 – United Center, Chicago, IL
Sept. ?? – The Palace of Auburn Hills, MI

It's less than three weeks of shows, so maybe more?

VAisForEagleLovers
04-29-2013, 06:20 PM
The presale for the Chicago show is Wednesday.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04004A9AD994632B?artistid=734977&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

VAisForEagleLovers
04-29-2013, 06:22 PM
More dates announced!

Sept. 6 - Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
Sept. 9 – Rexall Place, Edmonton, AB
Sept. 11 – Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, AB
Sept. 14 – Credit Union Centre, Saskatoon, SK
Sept. 16 – MTS Centre, Winnipeg, MB
Sept. 17 – Target Center, Minneapolis, MN
Sept. 20 – United Center, Chicago, IL
Sept. 21 – The Palace of Auburn Hills, MI

It's less than three weeks of shows, so maybe more?

ETA: Updated the dates to what's on Ticketmaster.

Houston Debutante
04-29-2013, 06:24 PM
Excellent!

Now, c'mon Texas, you PROMISED Don!!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-29-2013, 06:29 PM
He said 'fall', right? I'm thinking November.

Outlawman13
04-29-2013, 07:31 PM
I so agree with you Sara!!! I can't wait 'til they come down here. November?!! Man I have to wait so long!!!!

Glennhoney
04-29-2013, 07:58 PM
..right now, we're thinking Minneapolis..any thoughts???

sad-cafe
04-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Please let them come to Kansas Please

Shadowland07
04-29-2013, 08:47 PM
INDIANA!!!! C'mon right next to Chicago (should just go to Chicago I know but I'd rather just drive downtown than 3 hrs northwest)

Brooke
04-30-2013, 10:27 AM
No Missouri yet.....drat!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Yes, this tour is shaping up to be an odd one. No NYC, I hope they don't consider Bethel to be close enough. Same for Boston and Mansfield. Only one night in DC with no room in the schedule to add a night. Same for Chicago. Only 13 dates in the first leg, 14 if you count the Salmon festival. Only 8 in the second leg. It seems to me, not that I'm an expert, that their approach to this tour is much different than the LROOE tour.

I had been thinking I'd do at least one concert in each tour leg, but none of the cities announced yesterday excite me. Chicago should, since I've never been there except to sit in an airport, but the airfare there, even this far out, is expensive. I have a feeling there will be a presale announced for tomorrow morning for all these cities and so I need to decide. Pick one or wait and do two in November (or whenever)?

Glennhoney
04-30-2013, 11:21 AM
WIsh we had all the dates for 2013...so hard to decide on such short notice..:confused:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-30-2013, 11:44 AM
This says that all venues will have an American Express presale starting tomorrow except for Minn. Their presale is May 8 and their general public sale will be the 12th.

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=805018

Brooke
04-30-2013, 01:15 PM
So honestly, do you get the best seats in the presale? Do I need to get an AE card so I can do one if and when they decide on Missouri?

VAisForEagleLovers
04-30-2013, 01:33 PM
So honestly, do you get the best seats in the presale? Do I need to get an AE card so I can do one if and when they decide on Missouri?

If you go look at the pic I posted in the Pittsburgh thread, that section was mostly presale, and the one like it across the arena. I think my first results were at about row H and I passed and then ended up with row Q (before getting row F in the Official Platinum seats). The same general location came up in the presale for DC. So, if you can't get floor seating and don't want to pay the Official Platinum prices (or VIP), then at least in the last leg of the tour, the AmEx presales were pretty good.

As I said before, I got my AmEx for presales back in 2008 and it turned into my favorite credit card. I pay an annual fee, but I make that back and more, way more, in reward points. I use it like cash and it gets paid off each month. Last year I got four AmEX gift cards for the nephews using reward points, $25 each, plus two $100 Home Depot gift cards, plus two $25 gift cards for restaurants. Sorry, this has turned into an AmEx commercial!

Brooke
04-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Ok, food for thought! Thanks VA!

If they are as slow to announce more dates as they were this time, I have time to get one!

WalshFan88
04-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Might try to swing Chicago, would love to go but not sure how things will be at that time nor do I have the money... If I go, I want good seats. I was 8th row last time and I certainly wouldn't want anything less.

Elizasong
04-30-2013, 02:54 PM
I hope they cone to NYC!! I'm hoping it gets added in October or November.

Windeagle
04-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Yes, this tour is shaping up to be an odd one. No NYC, I hope they don't consider Bethel to be close enough. Same for Boston and Mansfield.

Mansfield is really not that far from Boston, and the Comcast Center is one of the biggest non-arena concert venues in the area. I'd much rather see them there than Boston Garden.

sad-cafe
04-30-2013, 07:27 PM
No Missouri yet.....drat!

We live in Wichita

Hubby says we can go to Kansas City, Wichita or Oklahoma if the guys come to any of these locations. I HOPE HOPE HOPE they come to Wichita

Prettymaid
04-30-2013, 07:40 PM
INDIANA!!!! C'mon right next to Chicago (should just go to Chicago I know but I'd rather just drive downtown than 3 hrs northwest)

I hear ya SL. Conseco (or whatever it's called now) is in a MUCH better neighborhood than the United Center.

Brooke
05-01-2013, 10:29 AM
If you go look at the pic I posted in the Pittsburgh thread, that section was mostly presale, and the one like it across the arena. I think my first results were at about row H and I passed and then ended up with row Q (before getting row F in the Official Platinum seats). The same general location came up in the presale for DC. So, if you can't get floor seating and don't want to pay the Official Platinum prices (or VIP), then at least in the last leg of the tour, the AmEx presales were pretty good.

I couldn't find the thread VA. So are they better seats in the presale than the public sale...really?

VAisForEagleLovers
05-01-2013, 10:37 AM
I couldn't find the thread VA. So are they better seats in the presale than the public sale...really?

Yes and no. The best seats are held back for Official Platinum. What's offered seems to be different at each venue. While Pittsburgh had good seats on the side offered in the presale, I just checked out Auburn Hills and it did not. It's a crap shoot.

Here's the thread:
https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4182&page=2

Brooke
05-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks VA! I thought you were talking about a previous show and looked there.

I also thought you might get good floor seats in the presale. Probably not, but some here have, I think.

TimothyBFan
05-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Had to share this----

Last night, hubby and I were sitting on the patio listening to the radio, The Drive out of Chicago. A commercial for the United Center concert came on and they mentioned each Eagle by name, ticket info, etc.... Larry turned to me, looked at my arm and said, "just hearing that commercial gave you goosebumps. Look at your arm." He was right, I had goosebumps all up my arms and a smile a mile wide on my face. Busted again!! :hilarious: So glad he knows me and tolerates me so well. :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
05-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Wow, they mentioned each Eagle by name, huh? Now, did the goosebumps appear directly after they mentioned The Eagles, or did they wait until Timothy's name was said? :nahnah:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-03-2013, 01:21 PM
PM, I had the same question!!

Prettymaid
05-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Do we know if Bernie is doing all of the shows, or just some of the shows? I'd be so disappointed if I got tickets to a show he's not at.

05-04-2013, 02:13 PM
PM - There hasn't been anything officially announced yet, so NO, we don't know. I'm crossing my fingers, but, honestly, I'm getting a bit of an unsettled feeling that there hasn't been an official press release about Bernie joining the tour. To me, if he were going to be a regular on the tour, they would want to highlight that in their promotion and marketing of tickets for the shows. Hope I'm wrong though.

Outlawman13
05-04-2013, 04:46 PM
OHHHH I'm hopping Bernie will tour with them this time around!!! It would be amazing!!!

LOL Willie!!! That's too cool that you got to hear the Eagles names on the radio. I wish my radio djs would do the same over here.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-04-2013, 06:51 PM
**Sigh** My Pirates only come to DC once a year and guess when they come to DC this year? The night of the concert here in DC and the night our guys play in Pittsburgh. I missed the Pirates coming to DC last year due to the Eagles concerts in Atlanta.

Prettymaid
05-04-2013, 07:13 PM
**Sigh** My Pirates only come to DC once a year and guess when they come to DC this year? The night of the concert here in DC and the night our guys play in Pittsburgh. I missed the Pirates coming to DC last year due to the Eagles concerts in Atlanta.

If it's a hardship for you, VA, you can give me those concert tickets. ;-)

VAisForEagleLovers
05-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Good one, PM, but the one here in DC is non-transferable!

Prettymaid
05-04-2013, 07:26 PM
That's too bad. I was willing to relieve you of your dilemma. :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-04-2013, 07:35 PM
I appreciate that, PM, but I can honestly say that as much as I love my Bucs, Pens, and Steelers, I'll take our guys over them every time. It's just frustrating that there's only four or five things I want to do over the summer and they all happen at the same time. I want to go to Louisville for that concert, but my family will be here for the weekend of the 4th. Then on the 22nd, the Eagles, Robert Plant, and my Buccos all play here in DC!

Tiffanny Twisted
05-04-2013, 07:59 PM
i think you made a good call....tough one though when all of your faves converge in one time period.:brickwall:

Outlawman13
05-05-2013, 12:25 AM
I would go for our boys as well VA.

sad-cafe
05-05-2013, 11:28 AM
you guys are my witness. Hubby told me again last night if the boys come within 4 hours, we are going even if we have to spend the night somewhere. Please let them come to Wichita, Oklahoma or Kansas City PLEASE.

HE also said that if they do not come to any of these areas, and they played Vegas any more he would make sure I get to see them at least once! :)

05-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Good hubby, s-c! Now, if he tries to back out of this, you just come here and let us know. He doesn't want the wrath of the Borderers after him. :thumbsup:

Brooke
05-06-2013, 10:05 AM
s-c, very cool hubby! I hope they get to one of those places for you. Surely they will!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-06-2013, 01:45 PM
This article is about the Rolling Stones latest tour, but I'm wondering how this will translate for our guys. I've not been following many venues, but I know DC is sold out except for the new Official Platinum seats they've just released in the last week or so. Those seats are high priced and not what I consider to be good seats, but I realize my definition of a good seat is different from most people's!

Seats in Pittsburgh are still moving a bit slowly, and the Official Platinums there aren't moving at all. There are still VIP seats left in Pittsburgh. Not sure why other than the morning DJ there was pretty negative in his review of the movie, which did elicit a few tweets and an email from me, of course :)

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rolling-stones-slow-ticket-sales/

Henley Honey
05-06-2013, 02:18 PM
you guys are my witness. Hubby told me again last night if the boys come within 4 hours, we are going even if we have to spend the night somewhere. Please let them come to Wichita, Oklahoma or Kansas City PLEASE.

HE also said that if they do not come to any of these areas, and they played Vegas any more he would make sure I get to see them at least once! :)

If you have a choice at all, SC, I'd do Kansas City. I saw the Eagles there on 3/28/2009 and I loved everything about the venue and the town. The Spring Center is steps away from a city block square, dome-like enclosure that has a fire pit, bars and restaurants. Our hotel was within walking distance. The only bad part was the weather. Glenn said that due to the snow, they'd barely made it in. I had flown in from NY the day before.

sodascouts
05-06-2013, 02:32 PM
I don't wish ill upon our guys but the Rolling Stone's lack of sales caused them to lower prices. I certainly wouldn't be adverse to that happening for Eagles shows!!!

Lack of sales is not reflective of the band losing popularity; it's reflective of the fact that many of their fans are suffering economic hardships that makes them unable to afford such prices.

Topkat
05-06-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't know...when the Stones played NYC a few months ago, the seats were $800. & that was not on the floor. These were from Ticketmaster, not even on a resale site. I think they did sell out. I didn't see the prices for this particular show you are talking about... It's the price of a vacation to see some of these gigs.

I did see some Stones video on YouTube with Mick Taylor & they were pretty awesome.

Brooke
05-06-2013, 04:26 PM
I checked on the Stones prices too. Unbelievable! Don't look like I'll be seeing them! :shock:

ETA: just checked prices for Chicago-

Best available-$622 ea :scowl:

Starting prices are $163 and $265, but there are non available. Why does that not surprise me?

sodascouts
05-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Heck, they make the Eagles look like a bargain!

AftertheThrill
05-06-2013, 06:48 PM
I checked on the Stones prices too. Unbelievable! Don't look like I'll be seeing them! :shock:

ETA: just checked prices for Chicago-

Best available-$622 ea :scowl:

Starting prices are $163 and $265, but there are non available. Why does that not surprise me?

I was so ticked off this morning when trying to get tickets. Nothing would come up. At one point I wanted really good seats, now I would like to have decent seats but all that comes up is stuff on the side.

sad-cafe
05-06-2013, 07:06 PM
thanks ya'all. I will keep praying they come close. I wish they would announce more dates!!!

AEW21
05-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Do we know if Bernie is doing all of the shows, or just some of the shows? I'd be so disappointed if I got tickets to a show he's not at.

I'm almost wondering if the Bernie thing hinges on him coming to rehearse with them, and seeing how that goes. Didn't Glenn say rehearsals start in May (It was the very end of April when he said it--did he mean June?) I can see them wanting to see if he "gels" with the band and show structure as it is now before making anything official... I suppose they can promote it at any time as a big "surprise" and sell more tickets that way.

Prettymaid
05-06-2013, 07:35 PM
I don't wish ill upon our guys but the Rolling Stone's lack of sales caused them to lower prices. I certainly wouldn't be adverse to that happening for Eagles shows!!!

Lack of sales is not reflective of the band losing popularity; it's reflective of the fact that many of their fans are suffering economic hardships that makes them unable to afford such prices.

I agree with this. I wish concert goers would pull back a little and let the ticket sellers and acts know that we're not going to pay these prices anymore. Of course, there will always be some that can afford to go, but I wish these bands would get back in touch with their blue collar fans and realize that yes, maybe we'll pay these prices and go into debt to see them, but we shouldn't have to. It's pretty bad when you consider $250 to be a cheap ticket.

TimothyBFan
05-07-2013, 07:53 AM
I was having a discussion just this past weekend with someone who knew I was trying to get tickets for a couple upcoming shows of different acts. Bon Jovi in Chicago is around $600 per ticket, etc.... I told them I give up. I've resigned myself to the fact that I most likely have seen some of my last concerts. I'm extremely glad I have seen hundreds of them in the past because I just will NOT, no way, no how EVER buy a ticket that is the price of my car payment. I don't care who it is!! It's not even that I can't afford it, I just simply WILL NOT spend that kind of money for an 1 1/2 - 3 hours of a show topped with traveling expenses, hotels, time off work, etc.... We are talking a couple weeks wages at times. That's insane!! But this is just my opinion and I know many others feel completely different and good for them. But when I can take that $1000 and stick it in the bank for retirement, make a triple car payment or a mortgage payment, it isn't happening for this girl. And frankly, that saddens me that someone who loves music as much as I do, has had to make that decision. :-(

NYC Fan
05-07-2013, 08:06 AM
I agree with this. I wish concert goers would pull back a little and let the ticket sellers and acts know that we're not going to pay these prices anymore. Of course, there will always be some that can afford to go, but I wish these bands would get back in touch with their blue collar fans and realize that yes, maybe we'll pay these prices and go into debt to see them, but we shouldn't have to. It's pretty bad when you consider $250 to be a cheap ticket.

Exactly. I'm going to see the Rolling Stones in Philly, but ONLY because I got the $85 mystery location seats. Otherwise I could not bring myself to pay their ticket prices. They are outrageous and I'm not surprised that the sales are suffering. Of course I'm hoping I get lucky and end up in the tongue pit, but realistically I know I'll be in the rafters, and I'm fine with that.

I would love, love, love to see the Eagles once from really close up, but I cannot justify the $600-$900 price for a seat in the first few rows. It's a shame, as it does shut out some of their fan base from having that experience.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-07-2013, 08:31 AM
I started a thread to discuss general ticket prices of all artists here...

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?p=225130#post225130

TimothyBFan
05-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Sorry about that VA. I just saw that and will head there to put my above post. Oops!!!