PDA

View Full Version : Don & Reba

DonFan
04-09-2007, 09:35 AM
A little more Don news:
-----------------------------

Reba McEntire is ready to kick off her KEYS TO MY HEART tour next week, Friday 13th. Whirlpool is again sponsoring the tour on behalf of Habitat for Humanity.

AND, REBA'S "DUETS" ALBUM SPORTS AN ECLECTIC ALL-STAR CAST: Reba is in the final stages of her DUETS album that will release its 1st single next month and the CD will release this fall.

So far a potent mix of 11 country and pop artists have recorded with McEntire including: Kenny Chesney, Justin Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson, Vince Gill, Faith Hill, Carole King, DON HENLEY, Trisha Yearwood, LeAnn Rimes and Rascal Flatts.
----------------------------------------------------

I had read that Reba was one of Don's greatest admirers. (The woman has exquisite taste. ) Plus, she & Don share the dedication to conservation, since her tour is on behalf of Habitat for Humanity.

Wouldn't it be nice if her first single was the one with Don?

DonFan
05-10-2007, 08:30 AM
I just read a news release about Reba McEntire's new album. I was hoping that the first single would be her duet with Don, but no such luck:

The first single from Reba's new album, "Because Of You," a duet with Kelly Clarkson, goes to radio May 15.

"I've had a blast working on this album with some of my closest friends, who also happen to be some of the best singers in the world!" said McEntire.

Guest appearances include performances by Kenny Chesney, Kelly Clarkson, Ronnie Dunn (of Brooks & Dunn), Vince Gill, Don Henley, Faith Hill, Carole King, Rascal Flatts, LeAnn Rimes, Justin Timberlake and Trisha Yearwood.

Maleah
05-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Hmmmmmmmm. So I wonder if this means she just re-recorded one of each of the artists hits? Unless it's a different "Because of You" than was huge for Kelly. lol I'm very interested (and excited! :D) to see/hear what song she does with Don!

Also, I'm sure there was some strategy behind the first release.........as Kelly's music is absolutely huge right now.

SweetHolly
05-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Hmmmmmmmm. So I wonder if this means she just re-recorded one of each of the artists hits? Unless it's a different "Because of You" than was huge for Kelly. lol I'm very interested (and excited! :D) to see/hear what song she does with Don!

Also, I'm sure there was some strategy behind the first release.........as Kelly's music is absolutely huge right now.
I can't wait to hear the song with Don. :D

DonFan
05-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Eagleland had a little bit more about Don's duet with Reba McEntire, from the May 11th issue of Radio and Records:

--------------------------------------------------

While McEntire has also been a star for a long time, when she talks about working with Don Henley, she uses the words “legend” and “awe.”

She says, “I wasn’t talking because I was hanging on his every word. He is just stupendous to me.” Still, she describes him as “a very down-to-earth person, yet very deep.”

The two recorded a song called “Let’s Break Each Other’s Heart Again.” “I like his writing, his singing, everything about him,” she adds. “For him to say yes to this project was wonderful.”

------------------------------------------------

She sounds like me when I am talking about Don….I like his writing, his singing, everything about him too....
It is amazing the effect this man has on women.

(I can think of a couple of projects I'd like him to say "Yes" to, too! 8) )

DonFan
06-26-2007, 09:16 AM
"Break Each Other's Heart" preview--

WOW.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VbNSpEvM8R8

Brooke
06-26-2007, 09:55 AM
:shock: Oh man, that is beautiful! :nod: :heybaby: I'm lovin' it!

Thank you so much DonFan! :D :D :D

sodascouts
06-26-2007, 11:38 AM
DANG, this is gonna be great! Thanks!

DonFan
06-26-2007, 11:42 AM
It really is a gorgeous song. :heart:
"Let's drive each other crazy...." indeed.

Can't believe we have to wait until September to hear the rest of it.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-26-2007, 11:55 AM
"Let's drive each other crazy...."

Good grief - I'm at work so I can't listen to this until tonight. It sounds VERY interesting. I can't wait. :D

Maleah
06-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Don sounds fantastic! I can't wait to hear the entire song!

DonFan
06-26-2007, 01:25 PM
You know, I have been reading a lot of comments from Reba about Don lately, and I know that she is a superstar in her own right, but she sounds like she has a bit of a crush on him.

Don't you wonder how they go about picking the songs that they sing on these duet albums? Reba: "Hmmmm, do I want to sing a song with Don Henley about being in love and driving each other crazy?"

Uhh....YES. :shock: :D 8)

sodascouts
06-26-2007, 01:39 PM
lol! Who could blame her if she had a crush? Yes, I imagine there's a lot of women who would love to hear those words coming out of Don's lips. ;)

SweetHolly
06-26-2007, 09:40 PM
I can't wait to hear the rest of the song! :D

06-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Okay - I gave it a listen, and honestly, I'm not too impressed. Don sounds amazing, of course. But, while I appreciate Reba's talent, she is just a little too country for my taste.

Brooke
06-26-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm not really a big fan of Reba either, but with Don I can handle most anything! :roll:

But really, I do like it! Don sounds great. IMO!

Perfect Little Sister
06-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Wow! That little teaser was great! Their voices blend so beautifully. I love the way Don's voice sounds! I guess it also helps the I like Reba. lol I read an article one time where she was walking down the street with her son and someone asked for her autograph. Her son waited impatiently while she signed it and I guess he might have asked her why she did it because she told him something to the effect that it's the fans that let them have their house and all their nice things so when they ask for an autograph she needs to give it to them. I was impressed that she turned it into a life lesson instead of just commiserating with him.

Maleah
06-27-2007, 02:48 PM
That's very cool about Reba. She's always seemed pretty down to earth to me. That's one thing I love about country artists.........most of them don't act like they're all that and a bag of chips.

DonFan
08-15-2007, 09:43 PM
I found this article about Reba's new Duets album. I love the part about her playing host to Don and serving him Texas barbecue!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

REBA’S DUETS By M&C News Aug 15, 2007, 22:13 GMT

What do you do when you become an icon in country music? If you’re Reba McEntire, you find creative soul mates in 11 other amazing voices and produce a groundbreaking collection of music simply titled ‘Reba Duets.’

Or, as McEntire herself might describe it, you gather up some friends old and new, and have a party – oh, and make an amazing new album at the same time. “It was like a family reunion. It was just so much fun!” says the easygoing superstar. And the results? “Well, I’m just so tickled!” she says with her trademark Southern charm. “I can’t wait for everyone to hear it.”

‘Duets’ was a long time coming, says McEntire. From the beginning of the project, she was determined to land her dream list of duet partners. So in the summer of 2006, she started working the phones. “I started calling my buddies and figuring out if they could do it,” she says.

And the list of singers who showed up to match their voices to Reba’s signature sound – from Don Henley to Faith Hill and nine more superstars in between - reads like a Who’s Who of popular music. “I’m thrilled to death with the folks that came and did the project with me,” she says. “It’s a great eclectic group, and it was great to work with them and spend time with them, because they’re my friends.”

In true “Reba style,” she made sure she’d get a chance to host each and every artist on the album – primarily in her own Starstruck Studios in Nashville – when it came time to perform. “I’ve been a part of duet projects before where I’d never see the other artist,” she says. “This album, I wanted everyone there, live and in person, number one because they’re my friends and I got to hang out with them more, and number two I just think you get a better feel when you’re playing off of each other, singing. And it’s just more fun to me.”

The McEntire/Clarkson collaboration was only the beginning: there was Justin Timberlake, who stepped up with a song he and Matt Morris co-wrote expressly for McEntire. Timberlake offered up his vocal harmonies on “The Only Promise That Remains,” a simple, beautiful Celtic love song. And along the way, became the newest name on McEntire’s list of incredibly talented pals and a recipient of the down home hospitality this true Southern lady dished up at every recording session. “After recording with Justin,” she says, “we all went out to dinner and had a great time.

"For Don Henley, we had Texas barbecue there for him when we were recording. You have to be the hostess. You want them to be comfortable and you want it to be a great moment for everybody. If you feed ‘em and keep ‘em full, they’ll be happy! Or at least I was.”

“I hope people are going to be caught up in the moment of listening to this music,” says McEntire. “There’s a lot of love in this record, because I love these people that I get to sing with. And I think people are going to love it, too. I honestly do.”

farewell
08-19-2007, 04:09 PM
wauw, so your telling me Don is bringing out a single? In september?
I must be living somewhere in the bush. Didn't know that.

It's my birthday first of oktober.... :D

Ow, realize it will be here later probably. Than my family has to order it, couse I want it.

Freypower
08-19-2007, 07:25 PM
I don't know if it is a single. It is a duet with Reba McIntire on her new album.

farewell
08-22-2007, 01:48 PM
yeah, have been looking around on the internet. Read about the new album, single and the album of Reba, with all duets on it. And also I finally read about the 6 concerts with the Dixie chicks. Had not had time for all that before, although I'm back from my hollidays for a week now.

Had not had time for anything yet. Promised to translate 2 dutch articles, but that has been in the fridge too. I can't pre-order the album, and I'm not so happy about that. :cry: Like the single also, a bit country but all my favorite man are on it, so what the heck. :D

DonFan
08-28-2007, 08:52 AM
From Countryhound.com, posted 8-27/07:

REBA'S JAW-DROPPING DUET WITH DON HENLEY

Reba McEntire says that watching The Eagles' Don Henley in the recording studio was “history in the making.” The pair recorded “Break Each Others Hearts Again” for Reba’s upcoming album of duets, which also features Reba’s collaborations with Kelly Clarkson, Justin Timberlake, and Kenny Chesney, among others.

While Don Henley was at the top of her wish list when she started considering the artists she wanted to work with on the album, Reba says they took their time picking the right song to record. Once they had chosen the song, Reba says the results were “wonderful.”

“He sang it a couple of times, got right into his Don Henley mode, and we were all sitting around with our jaws dropping,” says Reba.

Reba adds that she's happy for Don's latest country-chart success with The Eagles. The band's new single "How Long" recently debuted at No. 44 on the country singles chart.

The Eagles’ upcoming album Long Road Out of Eden, is their first collection of new studio material in nearly 30 years and will be released in October. Reba Duets arrives in stores Sept. 18.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't you love to be around when he goes into "his Don Henley mode"? 8)

sodascouts
08-28-2007, 10:25 AM
I sure would! lol Thanks for posting!

farewell
08-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Don Henley mode. That's funny.

DonFan
08-31-2007, 06:21 PM
Here's an expanded version of that Reba quote about singing with Don:
----------------------------------------------------------------
30 August 2007-Reba McEntire on Don Henley Duet

Reba McEntire says she's always been a big fan of Don Henley and the Eagles, so she was thrilled to have a chance to sing with Don on her upcoming duets project.

The two agreed to record a new song called "Break Each Other's Hearts Again," and although everything went smoothly in the studio, Reba says the experience was different from Don's usual recording routine. "When he records, he goes in and the track is already done," she says. "They've worked on that, then he comes in and sings his part. Well, the band's all there, and we're singing together, and he said, 'Oh okay, well, all right, you're going to have to give me a little time! I'm not used to this!' "

Although Don wasn't expecting to be singing together with her live in the studio, Reba says he adapted quickly. "He sang it a couple of times, got right into his 'Don Henley' mode, and man, we were all sitting around with our jaws just dropped," she says. "He's just wonderful — a stylist, a wonderful singer, and great guy. It's history in the making right there, watching Don Henley sing. Not many people get to do that, watch him in the studio, so it was a dream come true."

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I tell you what--I would LOVE to be one of those people who got to watch him sing in the studio.
Jaw-dropping, indeed! :jawdrop:

sodascouts
09-01-2007, 10:26 PM
I love that Reba seems to be such a big fan. She'd fit right in here! ;)

sodascouts
09-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Oh my gosh, look what a site visitor found!!!

http://www.thatscountry.com/media-player/artist-4/index.html

Scroll down to the last song to hear the duet in full. SO HOT!!!

SweetHolly
09-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Their duet is fabulous. :D

Brooke
09-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Oooohh, love it! :D

farewell
09-12-2007, 02:33 PM
that's cool. One more on my wish list.

09-12-2007, 06:34 PM
I guess I may be the lone dissenter here, but I'm not crazy about it. Don sounds wonderful, of course, but Reba is just WAY too country for my tastes.

DonFan
09-12-2007, 09:00 PM
I listened to the rest of the songs on the album and I agree with you, dreamer--Reba is too country for my taste, too. I just like that one song with Don.
I must admit I got a little sidetracked, however, which happens to me almost every time I listen to Don sing. How can you not like lyrics like "It feels so good to let you hurt me one more time..."? 8)

(I don't automatically like everything Don sings--his duet with Jerry Lee Lewis was awful. :tonguewag: )

SweetHolly
09-12-2007, 09:03 PM
(I don't automatically like everything Don sings--his duet with Jerry Lee Lewis was awful. :tonguewag: )
I'm the same way DF. I'm not a fan of his duet with Jerry Lee Lewis either. I did pre-order Reba's duets cd.

Maleah
09-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Sadly......I don't even care how country Reba sounds. I just like to lay my head back, close my eyes, and let my imagination run wild as I listen to Don sing :D LOVE it!

On a side note, I also really like the duet with Rascal Flatts. Reba and Gary blend well together and I like the song too. I haven't listened to the rest yet, but maybe I should liste to JT's :lol:

rather than make another post, I figured I'd edit just to sa that I'm actually impressed. Justin did a really nice job harmonizing with Reba!

Perfect Little Sister
09-13-2007, 10:30 AM
I like Reba. But if you're not into country, her twang might be too much for you. Unfortunately, my computer is not cooperating at the moment and I can't get this duet to play. :x

Maleah
09-13-2007, 12:38 PM
I love country PLS......so I don't mind Reba's "twang" at all. I just happen to focus on the second half of the song :blush: :lol:

sodascouts
09-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Country's not my fave genre but I do like some country songs, and this is one of them. I love Don's vocal.

Miss Ghost
09-13-2007, 10:55 PM
I love it!!!!

DonFan
09-17-2007, 01:13 PM
I am having a great time reading the reviews of this new CD. This one, from a Queensland, Australia paper, said:

CHECK OUT THIS TRACK: McEntire‘s hurricane of a voice might seem an odd match for Don Henley‘s ethereal tenor, but the two sound exquisite on "Break Each Other‘s Hearts Again," which sounds more like an Eagles cut than anything the country star has previously performed.

farewell
09-17-2007, 03:51 PM
I actually hadnever heard of Reba before I read about one of Don's projects. He named a couple of singers who would performe, and Reba was one of them. (among others, nora jones. like her too) But that when I started too 'youtube' around on reba, and I think she's a great singer. So I loved the cd. good job.

DonFan
09-20-2007, 09:41 AM
I don't usually have the TV on during the day because I work at home and it gets too distracting, but I made it a point to watch Oprah yesterday because Reba was on her show. I hoped she might talk about Don when she was talking about making her album, but that was not to be—they only wanted to focus on the younger singers who sang with her. Reba sang with both Justin Timberlake and Kelly Clarkson on the show, and while they were both great, I was disappointed. Oprah and Reba are both my age—early 50s—and are looking great, and they frequently talk about not letting yourself be limited by your age. So why couldn’t they have had an older singer from the Duets album with Reba--if not Don, then Vince Gill or Carol King--along with the hip young singers?

Brooke
09-25-2007, 09:18 AM
I don't usually have the TV on during the day because I work at home and it gets too distracting, but I made it a point to watch Oprah yesterday because Reba was on her show. I hoped she might talk about Don when she was talking about making her album, but that was not to be—they only wanted to focus on the younger singers who sang with her. Reba sang with both Justin Timberlake and Kelly Clarkson on the show, and while they were both great, I was disappointed. Oprah and Reba are both my age—early 50s—and are looking great, and they frequently talk about not letting yourself be limited by your age. So why couldn’t they have had an older singer from the Duets album with Reba--if not Don, then Vince Gill or Carol King--along with the hip young singers?

Exactly! I saw the show, too, DF, and was keeping my fingers crossed to at least hear a mention about Don. But no!
:roll:

Maleah
10-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Reba has a "web exclusive" extra from her interview with Country Weekly. She mentioned Don twice - I'll quote the parts here

(the link if you want it http://www.countryweekly.com/reba_mcentire/feature/1297 )

"CW: I know that, unlike the typical way of recording these days where all of the music tracks are done first, then people sing their parts later, you had all the musicians in the studio when you and your duet partners were there … everybody there together. Did that lend itself to any cool moments?

RM: The one thing I think you’re asking about is … that some of the artists we worked with weren’t used to having all the band in there at the same time. And that’s the way I like to record. I don’t like to record tracks. Because, when I get in there … maybe I have an idea … or it could even be as major as changing the key … take it up a little higher or maybe a little lower … or slower or faster. And when you’re in there with the musicians, you feed off of each other and the enthusiasm and the emotion of it. So it was kinda cool. Kelly [Clarkson] said, “Man, you guys all play in here together when you’re doin’ a record? That’s pretty cool.” And Don Henley was the same way … he said, “Y’all gotta give me some time here! I’m not used to this!” So it was fun. "

and then

"CW: You and Don Henley both have instantly recognizable voices. People hear you and don’t think, ”Oh, I wonder who that is.” That’s gotta be a huge advantage for an artist trying to get attention with thousands of other artists out there.

RM: Well, thank you. I’ve always been a huge fan of his singing and his writing. But I think you’re right … it’s very important for a person, not only to be a good singer, but a stylist. Because if you’re a good singer and you just blend in like everybody else, it is hard to pick ‘em out when you hear ‘em. Jennifer Nettles is a perfect example. You definitely know who she is when she comes on the radio. Same way with Don Henley. His talent … to be in a group like the Eagles and then have a solo career … his writing … I’ve just always been mystified at how he writes such wonderful songs. I’m just in awe of that. So I was really pleased when he said yes to bein’ on this project. "

(I really liked the second part. It was cool that she is like us in being so impressed and mystified at his wonderful songs! :D )

DonFan
10-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Great find, Maleah.
I know exactly how Reba feels!

SweetHolly
10-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Cool find Maleah! 8)