PDA

View Full Version : Joe's quite the bowler!

Molly
03-22-2013, 05:10 PM
My husband and some work associates went out for dinner/drinks last nite. They ended up at a place called "Holler House". It's a bar with a two lane bowling alley in the basement. Supposedly, it's the "oldest certified bowling alley in the U.S.". Established in 1908. OK, impressive I suppose.

This was on the wall...hubby took a pix of it for me. Apparently, Joe used to stop in and reserve the bowling lanes every time he was in Milwaukee. Hubby said from the pix of Joe they have on the wall - it was quite a while ago.
Notice that Joe and Rick the Bassplayer competed with Joe winning with an astounding score of 29,511. That's why he's the boss!

The owner is a huge Eagles fan, and apparently my husband told him about some of my adventures. They want us to come back and I'm supposed to bring all my souveniers from Pebble Beach and they want a copy of Joe wearing the cheesehead for their bar wall.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/Imtheboss_zpsbaee3ffc.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/Green%20Bay%20Eagles/EaglesGB5.jpg

VAisForEagleLovers
03-22-2013, 05:13 PM
That is so cute!

Brooke
03-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Molly.....very cool!

zeldabjr
03-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Molly...that is the coolest story...love it!!!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-22-2013, 07:20 PM
OMG - LOVED that, Molly. But then, of course I did cause I'm easy that way! Boy, you're right ... that Joe is some bowler. :lol: You'll have to keep us posted if you go back for a visit. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
03-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Oh my gosh - that is freakin' fabulous! Love it!

Outlawman13
03-26-2013, 12:41 AM
That is too awesome. I love that story!!!! Joe is amazing at bowling. LOL

TimothyBFan
03-26-2013, 07:45 AM
That's hysterical!! I'm thinking maybe this was during Joe's not so sober days the way he added up that scorecard. :rofl:Have to love Rick's 5th frame also where his score is 55 1/2. :???:

Tiffanny Twisted
03-26-2013, 05:58 PM
love it.

Molly
12-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Heard someone talking about this today...I guess this guy was supposedly there when this particular visit happened.

He said, there was an old "skeet ball" game in the corner of the bar (the place is really, really small) and Joe spotted the old piano shoved back into the corner of the bar behind the game (the place is also really, really a dive). This gentleman, Kevin, said Joe ooofed and grunted moving the heavy game out of the way so he could sit at the piano and proceeded to play 5 or 6 songs for the "crowd" of about 6 onlookers.

Can you imagine!

Kevin said it was a really cold and very snowy nite, middle of Winter, and as Joe and his entourage were leaving, Joe walked up to Kevin and said, "Man, it's really cold outside, can I have your coat?" Kevin said no (!) and Joe and his group walked out into the elements. I'm guessing consumed alcohol was probably keeping them from feeling some of the sting of the cold.

MaryCalifornia
12-04-2013, 06:53 PM
I would have been like, "Sure, Joe. And I'll just meet you back at your hotel room so I can take it back, okaaaay?" :smitten:

These are great, Molly.

Midnight Visitor
12-04-2013, 07:21 PM
I love Joe stories!! Most of them anyway....

sodascouts
12-04-2013, 07:42 PM
He could have had my coat - with my address on a note tucked in the pocket in case he wanted to thank me later, lol.

Ive always been a dreamer
12-04-2013, 11:17 PM
I would have been like, "Sure, Joe. And I'll just meet you back at your hotel room so I can take it back, okaaaay?" :smitten:

Okay - I really like this approach! :thumbsup:

And all I can say is that musta been one rockin' bar!

Molly
12-09-2013, 09:23 PM
There's a TV show currently on the "Esquire" channel called, "America's Best Bars". The 1st episode, which is often being re-shown stops in Milwaukee and one of the places they feature is the Holler House! You can get a little glimpse of Joe's former Milwaukee haunt. Unfortunately, they don't mention Joe's visit on the episode.