PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Eagles' fan in Wisconsin!

AEW21
03-25-2013, 03:16 PM
....Must be the unending winters--we yearn for Southern California vibes. ;)

I've cognizant of their music for as long as I can remember, via classic hit radio and my parents' record collection. Couldn't really place their role in music history, but knew they were big, and crafted catchy songs. I think I learned of their greater significance when they reunited in '94-- I was oh like 10/11, but all the press on it intrigued me. And as you become a teenager, then go to college, you do your own musical exploring, and the Internet helped me find deep cuts past just their popular hits. I just find it fascinating how you can their influence in proto-90s-alt-country like Whiskeytown and Uncle Tupelo, to now in Dawes and Grizzly Bear....

Anyway, it was really that 3-hour doc that reignited by interest in the band(and has led to a lingering infatuation on a young Glenn Frey and his dreamy mane-- a man with wavy hair and facial scruff can make me weak)! Anyway, I'm so happy they're coming to Summerfest--hope I can go (and afford it) !

Happy to be here--thanks for the place to chat!

WalshFan88
03-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Welcome!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Anyway, it was really that 3-hour doc that reignited by interest in the band(and has led to a lingering infatuation on a young Glenn Frey and his dreamy mane-- a man with wavy hair and facial scruff can make me weak)!

Welcome AEW21!! So glad to have you on board! There seems to be a lot of infatuations with Glenn going on, including yours-truly!

Tiffanny Twisted
03-25-2013, 04:02 PM
welcome to the border
yes, i too have a fasanation with the Hubba hubba handsome guy:faint:

Grey Sadler
03-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Hey there AEW21! :wave:
Welcome to the Border!!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Welcome AEW. Glad you found us and hope you like it here on The Border. You've come to a good place if you like talking about this band. I love all the guys in the band, but I'm also a bit partial to Mr. Frey. Good luck on your ticket search for Summerfest. :thumbsup:

Outlawman13
03-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the board. You will feel right at home over here. LOL I love all the Eagles, but I'm more partial to the hot man as well (Glenn Frey). Enjoy your time on here.

sodascouts
03-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Welcome! This board has gotten several new female Glenn fans thanks to the sexual energy he put out in that doc, lol. Good luck getting tickets and we're glad to have you!

zeldabjr
03-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the Border AEW...I know you will love it here!

SallyGee
03-25-2013, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the border. Be sure to check out all the eye candy on here.

AstraeaLunaAvani
03-26-2013, 03:13 AM
Welcome! I too saw the documentary which totally ignited my obsession with them, before that I was just a casual fan! I live in MN just across the border, so i'm considering going to the Milwaukee show, I just have to figure out how to drive 16 hours in a few days! (I'll be coming from North Dakota where I work).

I love long hair on guys too, Glenn does have beautiful hair...I personally like Randy, his hair is pretty sexy too! lol

prayfordaylight
03-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Welcome!

Brooke
03-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Welcome to The Border AEW! We're glad to have another fan aboard be it Glenn, Don, or whoever! I'm also pretty partial to Glenn, but have a very deep love for Mr. Henley also!

Carry on!

Molly
03-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Welcome fellow Cheesehead!

Witchy Woman
03-27-2013, 12:32 PM
Welcome, AEW !!

AEW21
03-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I can't wait for my first Eagles show in July--summer can't come soon enough...

NYC Fan
03-28-2013, 07:48 PM
Welcome AEW!

The documentary rekindled my interest as well. Seems as if there are several of us here like that. Hope you get to see them at Summerfest! I've wanted to go to that for a long time, but have never made it out. Have fun!

Erin

Henley Honey
03-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Wow. Wisconsin in the house! Welcome from me too!!

John Conner
03-30-2013, 10:05 AM

I've cognizant of their music for as long as I can remember, via classic hit radio and my parents' record collection. Couldn't really place their role in music history, but knew they were big, and crafted catchy songs. I think I learned of their greater significance when they reunited in '94-- I was oh like 10/11, but all the press on it intrigued me. And as you become a teenager, then go to college, you do your own musical exploring, and the Internet helped me find deep cuts past just their popular hits. I just find it fascinating how you can their influence in proto-90s-alt-country like Whiskeytown and Uncle Tupelo, to now in Dawes and Grizzly Bear....

Anyway, it was really that 3-hour doc that reignited by interest in the band(and has led to a lingering infatuation on a young Glenn Frey and his dreamy mane-- a man with wavy hair and facial scruff can make me weak)! Anyway, I'm so happy they're coming to Summerfest--hope I can go (and afford it) !

Hi, where in Wisconsin are you ?... I live in Superior...

Welcome

John

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Welcome neighbor. I live in Dubuque Ia right across the border from WI

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Welcome neighbor. I live in Dubuque Ia right across the border from WI

I've been through there! I'm just south of the Twin Cities, MN...Nice to know there's a small group of Midwest Eagles fans in here!

mustangkim11
04-09-2013, 08:24 PM

Welcome!

Now, I REALLY can't wait to see this doc! Everyone seems to really love it.