PDA

View Full Version : Glenn's Crazy Long Run era Hair

OutlawManNJ
03-25-2013, 11:32 PM
I was looking at Glenn's site and all the photos on there by Album. And 1979 is divided in 2 sections, clearly because of the different look.

We all know Glenn's clean Long Run look...but now I saw the photos of Glenn just before the hair cut and wow...what was he thinking! No wonder he got a clean hair cut after these....

This is 1978 just vefore the hair cut. Glenns had pretty cool hair but in 78 something went wrong...maybe its the combo hair stache..

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreyMcMahon1978.jpg

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/eaglescolorsmall.jpg

So then he went to this and look 10 years younger right away

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/eaglesVB03.jpg

sodascouts
03-26-2013, 12:48 AM
What can I say, that 1978 look was awful - I'm just glad he realized it before the Long Run album photo shoot!

Outlawman13
03-26-2013, 12:59 AM
I agree with you guys. That look was awful from the 1979's. I'm so glad that he shaved and cut his hair in that decade. He looked so much better when he was clean cut. I loved his long hair from 1072-1977, but after then was like what did you do to yourself Glenn? His solo albums makes him look like he was almost 27. Especially No Fun Aloud.

Brooke
03-26-2013, 09:59 AM
I have to agree with Om13. Love the earlier long hair best.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Really, Brooke? I hadn't noticed... :D

I like them all! I guess, since I really like his hair, the more of it the better, and so the picture above, in the On The Border banner is a good one. I like it in the pics HH has posted in the 3/23 Vegas thread, and I liked the spikier look from the concert in DC last May. I just can't decide... I will agree that the bushy, frizzy, a-humid-day-in-hell look in the first pic in this thread needed to go.

NYC Fan
03-26-2013, 11:01 AM
I have to agree with Om13. Love the earlier long hair best.

Agreed. And i love the look he has in your avatar, Brooke! I showed a few pictures from that (I assume) photo session to a friend and she thought he looked evil. I think he looks completely hot in those pictures. To each her own! :)

VAisForEagleLovers
03-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Agreed. And i love the look he has in your avatar, Brooke! I showed a few pictures from that (I assume) photo session to a friend and she thought he looked evil. I think he looks completely hot in those pictures. To each her own! :)

Evil, certainly not. Bad Boy, oh yeah....

NYC Fan
03-26-2013, 12:03 PM

Exactly! Like that old expression; Mad, bad and dangerous to know :)

Brooke
03-26-2013, 01:20 PM

Exactly!

Evil? :shock: Never!

Outlawman13
03-26-2013, 04:55 PM

Bad boy for sure. I am quit fond of those "bad boys" myself. LOL evil? Glenn? Never!!!!

AEW21
03-26-2013, 05:44 PM
I think his early '79 'do fell victim to a haircut with too many short layers in it. God knows I've made the mistake of getting that style and if your hair is thick, coarse and wavy, all it does is transform into a mushroom shape!

Long hair, longer layers worked for him. Like bob length with short layers? Not a great look. ;). That 2nd half do really tailored the layers better and was just a better fit. Wonder if the other guys teased him over losing his long locks--they all still looked so 70s-riffic. Of course, at that point, they all were probably engaging in wordplay a lot worse than teasing. ;)

Tiffanny Twisted
03-26-2013, 05:45 PM
never heard that expression but i kinda like it:shrug:

Freypower
03-26-2013, 05:50 PM
never heard that expression but i kinda like iut:shrug:

Lady Caroline Lamb used it to describe her former lover Lord Byron.

I think it's rather unfair to start an entire topic on one of Glenn's least successful hair eras. Why not do the same for Tim's mullet or the infamous afro or ponytail?

I think of that hairstyle as being 1977-1978, still the HC era, not the Long Run era even though they were recording The Long Run. To me the Long Run era is when he had his hair cut & that is 1979-80.

Anyway as I have said on numerous occasions it was not until he had his hair cut short properly that I noticed him.

sodascouts
03-26-2013, 06:01 PM
I put it into the "Long Run Era" gallery because at that point (c. 1978 ), Tim had joined the band.

http://glennfreyonline.com/photos/lrera.htm

Freypower
03-26-2013, 06:02 PM
I put it into the "Long Run Era" gallery because at that point (c. 1978 ), Tim had joined the band.

OK, fair enough.

Glennsallnighter
04-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Anyway as I have said on numerous occasions it was not until he had his hair cut short properly that I noticed him.

Pretty much the same FP! I first saw him in 82 with short hair and its always been how I picture him. I know a few of his longer haired styles are nice and suit him, and that some people here prefer him that way, but for me its the shorter hair that definitely does it!

AEW21
04-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Did he have short hair in '78, too? In the Showtime doc, when they show footage of Timothy's first show and Glenn introduces him at the piano, he has short hair. In their modern day talking heads, both Glenn and Timothy said it was 1978. But then in '79, he has sporting the ill-conceived shaggy bob with facial hair, then went short and sleek again?
I'm almost wondering if we have the years mixes up, and the pouffier 'do was first-half of '78, and then he got it cut later that year and carried it into '79...

Topkat
04-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Glenn has great hair, but yes, that one look was just too puffy or something. He looked good with it long, & then short, but that in between look was maybe just a bad haircut or something?

Freypower
04-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Did he have short hair in '78, too? In the Showtime doc, when they show footage of Timothy's first show and Glenn introduces him at the piano, he has short hair. In their modern day talking heads, both Glenn and Timothy said it was 1978. But then in '79, he has sporting the ill-conceived shaggy bob with facial hair, then went short and sleek again?
I'm almost wondering if we have the years mixes up, and the pouffier 'do was first-half of '78, and then he got it cut later that year and carried it into '79...

The second part of your statement is correct and I don't see that anyone mixed up the years except that you were the person who thought the shaggy bob was at the start of 1979.

AEW21
04-03-2013, 10:17 PM
So did he and Timothy misremember the year in the doc then? They both said '78, and Glenn had the short, sleeker hair at that show... Anyone know date of Timothy's first concert performance with the band?

Freypower
04-03-2013, 10:18 PM
So did he and Timothy misremember the year in the doc then? They both said '78, and Glenn had the short, sleeker hair at that show... Anyone know date of Timothy's first concert performance with the band?

No! He had his hair cut in 1978 just as you said but obviously AFTER the shaggy photos were taken!

They were recording The Long Run in 1979 & as far as I know didn't play any shows that year until they finished it.

AEW21
04-03-2013, 10:24 PM
No need to get mad. I was just trying to figure out the matter--in earlier posts it seemed as if it was being said thst the puffy hair existed from 78-79; I missed the clarification it happened in late '78. I knew it made no sense for it to go from shaggy to short to shaggy again--he had many looks in the 70s, but a bipolar bob never seemed to be part of the style plan! ;)

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-04-2013, 01:47 AM
, but a bipolar bob never seemed to be part of the style plan! ;)

I will hand you an award for the most interesting style name I have ever heard. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Bipolar bob.. much better then shaggy especially when talking about such beautiful hair :)

TimothyBFan
04-04-2013, 07:57 AM
I have to say, I've gotten a bit of a chuckle this morning with the fact that not only is Glenn's hair being discussed at such length (no pun intended) but in 2 different threads. :hilarious: And the fact that there's an actual debate on what year his hair was a certain length just makes it even better. :hilarious:

Are we obsessed on this board? I would say that's pretty evident. ;)

NYC Fan
04-04-2013, 08:38 AM
No detail too small :)

Brooke
04-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Really! :hilarious:

Ive always been a dreamer
04-04-2013, 01:37 PM
I have to say, I've gotten a bit of a chuckle this morning with the fact that not only is Glenn's hair being discussed at such length (no pun intended) but in 2 different threads. :hilarious: And the fact that there's an actual debate on what year his hair was a certain length just makes it even better. :hilarious:

OMG - that is too funny, Willie. However, this is nothing compared to the time that we dedicated an entire thread to discussing Glenn's neck mole. :lol:

And FWIW - I totally agree that Glenn should let his hair grow out. Definitely not the 70's or even early 80's length. Somewhere between HFO and current day length would be a nice compromise, IMHO! :thumbsup:

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-04-2013, 02:59 PM
OMG - that is too funny, Willie. However, this is nothing compared to the time that we dedicated an entire thread to discussing Glenn's neck mole. :lol:

And FWIW - I totally agree that Glenn should let his hair grow out. Definitely not the 70's or even early 80's length. Somewhere between HFO and current day length would be a nice compromise, IMHO! :thumbsup:

a mole thread.. lol that must have been before my time :)

Freypower
04-04-2013, 05:32 PM
I take the view that he is obviously happy with his hair at its current length & so am I. I don't need to see it longer.

Thirsty&Hot
04-08-2013, 02:52 AM
I love Glenn's hair. I'm a fan of the long hair in the early and mid 70s, but also just appreciate that Glenn has a great head of hair!
but yes, the bipolar bob was no good haha

and I like how TimothyBFan points this out:

hilarious indeed! :lol:

Outlawman13
04-08-2013, 02:28 PM
LOL too obsessed, but in a good way indeed. LOL a neck mole thread?!!!! Wow. That's too funny!!!! I would love to see his hair grown out some like Dreamer said. Def the HFO times. MMMMM