PDA

View Full Version : Former Eagles Song Survivor - starts April 2!

sodascouts
03-26-2013, 05:56 PM
As has often been pointed out, former members don't always get the respect they deserve. It's hard to do a solo music song Survivor for a former member, though, because so few people actually know their stuff. Therefore, we've come up with a compromise - a former member song Survivor with their Eagles material.

Note to newbies: Our board does Survivor games occasionally where we vote off songs in a group one by one until we get to the last song Survivor (very loosely based on the reality show). More info is here: https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7

Here are the songs that will be competing in the Former Eagles Song Survivor:

Most of Us Are Sad
Train Leaves Here This Morning
Take the Devil
Earlybird
Tryin’
Twenty-One
Certain Kind of Fool
Bitter Creek
Midnight Flyer
My Man
Is It True
Too Many Hands
Journey of the Sorcerer
Take It To the Limit
Visions
I Wish You Peace
Try and Love Again

Now go listen to those songs and get ready to play!

Freypower
03-26-2013, 06:00 PM
What a great idea. I was hoping we'd do another Survivor soon & this appeals. I think I can guess what will win, though....

sodascouts
03-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Well, I know which one I want to win!

zeldabjr
03-26-2013, 06:14 PM
oh good...this will be fun!!!

pueblo47
03-26-2013, 06:16 PM
It'll be interesting for sure.

TimothyBFan
03-26-2013, 06:19 PM
This is going to be fun. I'm like FP, I was hoping we'd have another Survivor game soon and this one is perfect!

WalshFan88
03-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Definitely know my favorite but making an exact list will take time as I haven't heard these in a LONG time.

GlennLover
03-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Looking forward to it. Other than the top song & a few of the ones at the bottom of my list, the others will be hard to decide on.

Scarlet Sun
03-26-2013, 06:41 PM
I wish Victim Of Love was on here

pueblo47
03-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Ok, I'll ask: why?

sodascouts
03-26-2013, 06:51 PM
If we put in all the stuff they co-wrote, the list would get too long.

Scarlet Sun
03-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Ok, I'll ask: why?

In all honesty, for my tastes, a rougher lead vocal would have made the lyrics easier for me to take. I think the song is really good musically. Which is probably the reason it isn't on here. Anyway . . .

pueblo47
03-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Ok, I see what you mean.

While I'm familiar with all the songs listed, as the game nears the end, it'll be hard to let some of them go. Torn between Bernie and Randy at the moment. You know Bernie's my pick but Randy's songs are really good......sigh......

Freypower
03-26-2013, 07:12 PM
In all honesty, for my tastes, a rougher lead vocal would have made the lyrics easier for me to take. I think the song is really good musically. Which is probably the reason it isn't on here. Anyway . . .

This Survivor consists of songs sung by the former members. Victim Of Love is not sung by a former member.

Scarlet Sun
03-26-2013, 07:15 PM
This Survivor consists of songs sung by the former members. Victim Of Love is not sung by a former member.
I can still wish it was though, can't I?

AstraeaLunaAvani
03-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Woooohoooo i'm so excited for this!!! 4 of my favorite Eagles songs are on this list!! This is going to be a blast! I wanna start it now LOL

Topkat
03-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Why is there nothing on here from Felder's newest album?
Some of these Eagles songs are such favorites that one of them is sure to be the winner! Some of these songs I don't even know, so I will have to look them up!:shrug:

Freypower
03-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Some of these Eagles songs are such favorites that one of them is sure to be the winner! Some of these songs I don't even know, so I will have to look them up!:shrug:

The point was made when the topic was started that not everyone on the board will know the former members' solo material. Therefore it is being restricted to the former members' Eagles songs. I find it interesting that you say you don't know some Eagles songs in the game, & then you wonder why solo material is not included

Topkat
03-26-2013, 09:54 PM
The point was made when the topic was started that not everyone on the board will know the former members' solo material. Therefore it is being restricted to the former members' Eagles songs. I find it interesting that you say you don't know some Eagles songs in the game, & then you wonder why solo material is not included

Sorry, I didn't read that ..So this is former members that sing lead on these songs? OK, I have to admit that I have not heard some of these songs in a long time. Since I no longer have a turntable, some of my early Eagle albums have not been put on the ipod!

Brooke
03-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Great idea! Sounds like fun!

I think I know which one will win too.

sodascouts
03-27-2013, 12:32 PM
I can still wish it was though, can't I?

Yes, if you enjoy exercises in futility. ;)

Topkat, in an ideal world, we'd do solo survivors for each former member. Unlike most, I have the entire catalogs of all of these people, so I know the quality of their music. However, realistically, how many people here have the solo albums of the former members... have all the solo albums of even one of the former members? You could count them on one hand. As a rule, whitcap or I start threads about their albums and get like two replies most of the time. Obviously, not too many people are interested in talking about their solo work, and it wouldn't make for much of a game. At least by doing their Eagles songs we have a chance of meaningful participation.

whitcap
03-27-2013, 12:52 PM
This sounds like fun :)

Brooke
03-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Well, welcome back WC! Long time no see!

whitcap
03-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Thanks Brooke :)

TimothyBFan
03-28-2013, 07:27 AM
WC--There you are. I was hoping you'd get in on this one when I first saw it announced. Glad to have you back!

Topkat
03-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Yes, if you enjoy exercises in futility. ;)

Topkat, in an ideal world, we'd do solo survivors for each former member. Unlike most, I have the entire catalogs of all of these people, so I know the quality of their music. However, realistically, how many people here have the solo albums of the former members... have all the solo albums of even one of the former members? You could count them on one hand. As a rule, whitcap or I start threads about their albums and get like two replies most of the time. Obviously, not too many people are interested in talking about their solo work, and it wouldn't make for much of a game. At least by doing their Eagles songs we have a chance of meaningful participation.

Soda, I get it, I just read it really fast & when it was pointed out, I totally understand because your right, most of us do not have the solo albums of Bernie, Randy & Don Felder. I sure don't have most of them either.

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Wasn't this supposed to start today? I'm so excited to vote!!

Freypower
04-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Wasn't this supposed to start today? I'm so excited to vote!!

A separate topic will be started for it.

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Two of my main fave eagles songs are on that list and one of them is in my top 6 faves so hoping that will win

Prettymaid
06-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Two of my main fave eagles songs are on that list and one of them is in my top 6 faves so hoping that will win

Sorry TMTTL, the game was played in April.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4229

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Sorry TMTTL, the game was played in April.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4229 I know I realised that after I'd sent the message and I looked again at the details of the thread duh! I can be thick sometimes lol, glad my fave in the game won anyway :)