PDA

View Full Version : Former Eagles Border Coup d'état

Ive always been a dreamer
04-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Well - this is certainly a day to remember in Border history. April 1, 2013 - the day the former members staged a coup to take control of all things Eagles. I guess they felt it was necessary and just in time before the start of the Former Members Survivor game. :lol:

You done good on this one, Soda!!! :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
04-01-2013, 06:14 PM
It was hilarious.... Felderpower gave me the most laughs. :laugh2:

04-01-2013, 06:33 PM
That was indeed a good one, but LeadonFan88 is pretty darn funny too. :grin: I also love Donsallnighter, DonLover, and RandyBFan.

WalshFan88
04-01-2013, 06:40 PM
LOL it's L e a d o n Fan88 lol. I'd LOVE it if it were FelderFan88 lololol..

All hail the former members! :D

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 06:56 PM
It's nice in a weird way to see all the former band members names everywhere. Today we have a pile of Felder fans, though it's weird not to have GF name anywhere. I have one question? What does she have planned for DH. He can't be the only group to get unscathed:pray:

Freypower
04-01-2013, 06:57 PM
It was hilarious.... Felderpower gave me the most laughs. :laugh2:

I can't imagine why.... :twisted::laugh:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-01-2013, 07:15 PM
I was eating lunch and almost choked on my food! I just hope I don't become VAisForDoorsLovers or some awful thing like that. Surely the former members will keep the band's name intact!

04-01-2013, 07:22 PM
We'll they'd be fool to change the name, wouldn't they? Besides - it looks like Henley will be joining them, which means they are lucky too. :lol:

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 07:23 PM
I was eating lunch and almost choked on my food! I just hope I don't become VAisForDoorsLovers or some awful thing like that. Surely the former members will keep the band's name intact!

VA i was thinking the same thing, she left most of us just loyal to the band off easy. I mean she could do worse than the Doors, she could have all of us loving rap or grunge or something weird for a day :)

WalshFan88
04-01-2013, 07:32 PM
I can't imagine why.... :twisted::laugh:

:hilarious: I'm sure Soda will allow you to keep the name if you like. :twisted::twisted::twisted:

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 07:33 PM
where is soda today? i haven't seen her on, is she hiding? lol

:hug:

Freypower
04-01-2013, 07:53 PM
:hilarious: I'm sure Soda will allow you to keep the name if you like. :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Wow, Austin. I will have to give that some serious thought. :twisted:

whitcap
04-01-2013, 08:57 PM
I don't know about y'all but I quite like this Coup :nahnah:

pueblo47
04-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Me too......

sodascouts
04-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Hi guys! Glad you liked my little April Fool's joke!

I haven't been hiding; Mondays and Wednesdays are hard days for me. I'm on campus from 8:30 am to 9:00 pm and in between, trying to gets lots of work done, although I did drop by to see how my mischief was going down. ;) I thought about pretending we were hacked but then I decided that might cause a panic!

I had to leave Don Henley alone because he shares a first name with Don Felder and I couldn't do both of 'em with the code I implemented - the code only allowed for one word per variable replacement. Besides, there are only three former Eagles, so somebody had to keep the fourth place! I feared changing the world "Eagles" for what it might do to our forum URLs, so I left that one alone as well.

Things will go back to normal in a couple hours, but regardless, here's to the Former Eagles! :cheers:

Outlawman13
04-02-2013, 12:38 AM
I loved that joke Nancy!!!!!!!! I was wondering where you were at too. I was laughing so hard at the names that were changed and my location. I could not get over it 'cause it was too damn funny. The former Eagles will always be important to the band as well. Wouldn't be the same without them.

TimothyBFan
04-02-2013, 07:40 AM
I had to leave Don Henley alone because he shares a first name with Don Felder and I couldn't do both of 'em with the code I implemented - the code only allowed for one word per variable replacement. Besides, there are only three former Eagles, so somebody had to keep the fourth place! I feared changing the world "Eagles" for what it might do to our forum URLs, so I left that one alone as well.

You're speaking a foreign language to me here but whatever you did, it was awesome!!!! Well played!! I kinda liked be RandyBFan for the day!!! :thumbsup:

And I've said it for years, you must think about what you're going to do for April Fools Day for months in advance because you sure do it well every year!!

Brooke
04-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Well I was too busy to really get involved in it, but I was confused for a bit! I was like.....what??????? So glad it was just a dream/joke! :lol:

04-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Well - it's was a very creative joke, for sure. But, I'm glad to see that the coup was defeated and normalcy has been restored on The Border. :twisted:

Topkat
04-02-2013, 05:33 PM
It was funny & Frustrating....Trying to post was a task! I finally got to spelling Glenn out as G L E N N so that it wouldn't turn into Felder...but it was a cool April Fools Joke on us! :bye:

Eagles7
08-10-2016, 11:11 PM
Where can we go back o read this April Fools joke?

Freypower
08-10-2016, 11:34 PM
Where can we go back o read this April Fools joke?

You can tell what happened by reading the thread. User names which included names of (then) current members, such as mine, were changed to user names which included former members. Given that it occurred at random throughout the board on that date it would be difficult to find instances of when people realised it had happened.