PDA

View Full Version : April Fools on The Border 2013

TimothyBFan
04-01-2013, 07:43 AM
So good to see Don Felder getting so much love today, all over the board!!! :hilarious: And looks like he's got a couple new fans in Felderpower and Donsallnighter.

Well played, Soda!!! :thumbsup: Took me a minute when I starting pulling up the threads. And I told myself I'd be prepared this time.

Houston Debutante
04-01-2013, 09:23 AM
I don't usually go in there but... the Don Felder forum - what's up with that?

Topkat
04-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Wow, Check this OUT, To promote the Eagles on Showtime, each Eagle will appear in an original Showtime series as a cast member!!!
Good thing I didn't cancel it just yet; OMG this should be amazing!

http://www.eaglesfans.com/news/2013/4/1/history-of-the-eagles-cross-promotion-on-showtime.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

prayfordaylight
04-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Wow, Check this OUT, To promote the Eagles on Showtime, each Eagle will appear in an original Showtime series as a cast member!!!
Good thing I didn't cancel it just yet; OMG this should be amazing!

http://www.eaglesfans.com/news/2013/4/1/history-of-the-eagles-cross-promotion-on-showtime.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

You are aware it's April Fools right? (just checking...not sure if you're being serious or not)

Thirsty&Hot
04-01-2013, 10:49 AM
what is going on with this thread? why has it changed to "Felder"? and Don Felder...
all the photos are still of G l e n n
at first I thought I accidentally wrote Don instead of G l e n n and tried to edit it in my last post, but the edits won't change.

G l e n n keeps changed to Don so I had to put spaces

prayfordaylight
04-01-2013, 10:49 AM
what is going on with this thread? why has it changed to "Felder"? and Don Felder...
all the photos are still of Don
at first I thought I accidentally wrote Don instead of Don and tried to edit it in my last post, but the edits won't change.

It's an April Fools joke.

Thirsty&Hot
04-01-2013, 10:50 AM
haha..well it worked...I have a headache and feel groggy so I thought maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me or I was going insane! haha

Thirsty&Hot
04-01-2013, 10:52 AM
my next thought was that a Felder lover hacked in haha

Topkat
04-01-2013, 10:53 AM
You are aware it's April Fools right? (just checking...not sure if you're being serious or not)

Oh, no I HOPE this is for REAL!!! I would love to see all of them in acting rolls on these shows

Houston Debutante
04-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Oh, no I HOPE this is for REAL!!! I would love to see all of them in acting rolls on these shows

No way is it for real, the Fastlane does fake news stories every year on April Fool's.

BTW I typed GF's name in my post before and it came out "Don"?! Am I the only one this is happening to?!

prayfordaylight
04-01-2013, 10:57 AM
I don't usually go in there but... the Don Felder forum - what's up with that?

It's an April Fools joke

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 11:04 AM
No way is it for real, the Fastlane does fake news stories every year on April Fool's.

BTW I typed GF's name in my post before and it came out "Don"?! Am I the only one this is happening to?!

Whether fake or not its an interesting thought to see the guys in those shows :band:
checking
GF= Glenn Frey
DH= Don Henley

Topkat
04-01-2013, 11:05 AM
oh, wow, well they had me fooled. That would have been so cool to see each of them do a cameo role on Showtime! WAAAA:censored::sad::laugh:

Have to admit it was a pretty good one!

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Whether fake or not its an interesting thought to see the guys in those shows :band:
checking
GF= Don Felder
DH= Don Henley

Oh my gosh what a prank..they are turning Gf into DF...that is kinda very wrong..but so funny :hug:

Houston Debutante
04-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Oh - LOL - that explains 'DonLover' and 'Donsallnighter' LOL!!!!!

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Oh my gosh what a prank..they are turning Gf into DF...that is kinda very wrong..but so funny :hug:

Out of curiosity now i want to check all band members
GF= Glenn Frey :pray:
DH= Don Henley :steviesmack:
DF= Don Felder :bye:
TS= Timothy B. Schmit :partytime:
JW= Joe Walsh :nahnah:
BL=Bernie Leadon :rockguitar:
RM= Randy Meisner :shy:

Thirsty&Hot
04-01-2013, 11:12 AM
haha this would be amazing: On Californication, G l e n n F r e y will play a fictionalized version of himself. He'll be called in to help Hank with his latest musical project.
I could actually see this happening. I watch Californication, and they do stuff like this.

but man, it's probably best to stay away from the internet today with all of this fake news haha

Houston Debutante
04-01-2013, 11:12 AM
So it's just GF into DF, that is so messed up LOL!

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Oh - LOL - that explains 'DonLover' and 'Donsallnighter' LOL!!!!!

I hope that doen't turn FreyPower into FelderPower. That would be too great a shock :shrug:

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 11:19 AM
my next thought was that a Felder lover hacked in haha

Oh no :censored: lol Don Felder has taken over G l e n n and is now the leader of the eagles and of all things GF. I guess that includes the die hard GF fans too :shrug::shrug::bye::bye: Yes I know i going to get :steviesmack:

Thirsty&Hot
04-01-2013, 11:19 AM
From Rebecca's test post, it looks like it turned L e a d o n into Felder too

and yes F r e ypower is now Felderpower haha

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 11:22 AM

Felder has taken over the Eagles Universe lol who is the biggest DF fan on here, we will need to see if she has an alibi :twisted:

Poor F r e y power that will be a big schock

Houston Debutante
04-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Bernie L e a d o n shows up for me half the time, half the time it doesn't... so weird.... but not GF ever .... yeah should be interesting to see how this plays out!

Houston Debutante
04-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Felder has taken over the Eagles Universe lol who is the biggest DF fan on here, we will need to see if she has an alibi :twisted:

Poor F r e y power that will be a big schock

There aren't any hardcore Felder fans on here, maybe he hired a hacker. ;)

WalshFan88
04-01-2013, 01:43 PM
I'm LOVING the Felder thing lol with the name. Felderpower lololol.

Outlawman13
04-01-2013, 01:49 PM
It's just so funny seeing that as well. I'm using a different theme (One of These Nights) and it's not doing anything to me. LOL. A F E L D E R hacker eh? LOL. I might have change the theme back to the original and see more of the craziness of the April Fool's. LOL.

Houston Debutante
04-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Thanks, I realized that eventually. :)

Houston Debutante
04-01-2013, 01:53 PM
You can view it normal anytime, why not get a kick out of how weird everything is when it's Felder all over the board! Assuming it's back to normal when the day is out...

Grey Sadler
04-01-2013, 01:53 PM
HEE!! This is priceless!
But why doesn't the name Felder change to F r e y in the actual Felder threads??

Outlawman13
04-01-2013, 01:54 PM
LOL I will. I just love this theme though.

Outlawman13
04-01-2013, 01:56 PM
It's because F E L D E R rules the Eagles and now F R E Y isn't the original owner of the Eagles I guess. LOL. I love that too. I'm having fun with it.

Outlawman13
04-01-2013, 01:57 PM
LOL I just noticed my location: Felder Heaven. LOL ohhh God!!!! I love it!!!

Houston Debutante
04-01-2013, 01:59 PM
I checked out that style ~ very cool ~ but I still see GF as Don Felder on it. Weird!

ETA: The former Eagles have taken over the board!

Grey Sadler
04-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Priceless!!
I'm gonna type in names like Leadon and Meisner just to see what happens...

Outlawman13
04-01-2013, 02:09 PM
LOL I knew there was going to be a prank on here, but had no idea it was like this. LOL!!!!! I'm loving this too Nancy. I noticed some of the names like Donsallnighter as well. I was just cracking up. My location has changed as well. LOL. Randy and Bernie's names didn't change GS. LOL. I guess Don needs some love too. LOL.

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 02:43 PM
LOL I just noticed my location: Felder Heaven. LOL ohhh God!!!! I love it!!!

Outlawman you need to change your photo to go along with your new location since G l e n n no longer exists in the Eagles Reality :twisted:

HMMM I can't think about this to long..... without GF would DH been the one to organize the eagles or would they just not exist. :censored: I must stop now i'm getting SCARED :nervous::worried::fear: Someone talk me down i'm having going to have a panic attack lol

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Thinking about it FELDER FEVER does have a nice ring to it..maybe they should leave it there after April 1st :twisted::bye: just kidding

Outlaw man this is so fun, they should do this more often:pray:

Outlawman13
04-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Lol I agree, but I'm missing gf though. Now I'm starting to panic. Lol I might change my picture soon. Yeah having this go on after april fools would be a ride. I can't live without gf. You are cool Rebecca

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Lol I agree, but I'm missing gf though. Now I'm starting to panic. Lol I might change my picture soon. Yeah having this go on after april fools would be a ride. I can't live without gf. You are cool Rebecca

:hug: Thanks Outlawman

Just for fun i went back to read the history on eagles debate between GF and DF and other GF. It was interesting when it was all DF. It like this is lif without GF. Very weird :p

Outlawman13
04-01-2013, 03:39 PM
You're most welcome Rebecca. Lol it's very weird! What should've been done was change all of the pictures to Don. Lol now that would've been wild!! I am having so much fun with this!

Outlawman13
04-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Lol it's awesome!! I saw T I M thread and it said Randy. Lol

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Lol it's awesome!! I saw T I M thread and it said Randy. Lol

k there must be some very diabolical moderators on this site :twisted: Let the confusion worsen; its coming in waves :)
K
DF for GF ok.... I'm ok with it

TB for RM k.... getting confused

NOW BL for JW.. I am now ready for a padded room:brickwall::brickwall:

Outlawman13
04-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Lol ohh boy!! Now I'm getting too confused. Lol diabolical moderators are awesome!!! I love the games!! At least it will be better tomorrow.

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Lol ohh boy!! Now I'm getting too confused. Lol diabolical moderators are awesome!!! I love the games!! At least it will be better tomorrow.

Yes next year, they will turn it from an Eagles site to a Beatles site or something

Outlawman13
04-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Ohh they should!! The pranks are so amazing. Have G L E N N be John and Don be Paul. I honesly can't wait 'til next year. Tricks are my favvie subject

WalshFan88
04-01-2013, 05:28 PM
L e a d o n Fan? WTF lololol.... W a l s h and F e l d e r Fan!!!! :P

Outlawman13
04-01-2013, 05:36 PM
LOL too funny. Yeah I saw that J O E's name changed to Bernie. All the former Eagles are coming out to play!!!!! LOL.

Freypower
04-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Good grief.

Let me see my avatar & signature so I can wake up.

I could be 'Felderpower'. I don't think so. Very clever, Soda. :twisted:

ETA: You see how observant I turned out to be. Some 'fan' I am, eh?! :sigh:

Freypower
04-01-2013, 05:43 PM

So did that happen? Well, sanity has been restored, I am happy to say. :censored:

Er... no it hasn't.

I had not actually looked at my name! HELP!!!! :pray: :shrug:

TimothyBFan
04-01-2013, 05:50 PM
And now I'm RandyBFan!!! :hilarious: Well he was my favorite at the beginning so that works also!!! :thumbsup:

Outlawman13
04-01-2013, 05:53 PM
LOL sanity comes back tomorrow, but insanity is here to stay for one day. I'm so sorry about that F R E Y power. I saw that too and I was wondering if you were going to see that. Things are really crazy around here. Don't know which is which for sure. Your name will be back to normal tomorrow (I hope). I can't live without G L E N N!!!!!!

Outlawman13
04-01-2013, 06:06 PM
But on the flip side, this is pretty wild and cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I now have Felder and F REY on my avvie. LOL HMMMMMMMMMMM I wonder who I am in love with now? LOL.

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Good grief.

Let me see my avatar & signature so I can wake up.

I could be 'Felderpower'. I don't think so. Very clever, Soda. :twisted:

ETA: You see how observant I turned out to be. Some 'fan' I am, eh?! :sigh:

LOL, FP is soda's in charge of all the jokes, I wondered who did it :hug:
Don't worry GF will forgive you for one day as long as you don't make the change permanent :partytime:

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Dear soda,
You are officially moved up to the god of jokes with this one. I bow to you. :bow::bow::bow::bow:

The first time i typed a GF name this morning and it came DF i though i was crazy:confused::headscratch::crazy: or at least my hands were. :shrug:

I have had a great day of reading posts and trying to figure out what I'm reading/typing. By the time the latest round of changes hit, I'm sure I'm probably incoherent and making no sense but I had a great time. Thank you so much:hug:

Thanks

Freypower
04-01-2013, 07:00 PM
But on the flip side, this is pretty wild and cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I now have Felder and F REY on my avvie. LOL HMMMMMMMMMMM I wonder who I am in love with now? LOL.

Did you not change that yourself because I wasn't aware that Soda had changed any of the avatars. She can correct me if I'm wrong.

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Did you not change that yourself because I wasn't aware that Soda had changed any of the avatars. She can correct me if I'm wrong.

Outlawman changed it because I said it didn't match the location, Felder Heaven lol. He just had a photo of G l e n n. BTW Outlaw man, I like your new photo, you can enjoy them both in Heaven. :hug: K if old member r really taking over i'll change my photo for a day too :)

K a photo of the original band since they are all coming out to play except poor g l e n n :(

Freypower
04-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Outlawman changed it because I said it didn't match the location, Felder Heaven lol. He just had a photo of Don. BTW Outlaw man, I like your new photo, you can enjoy them both in Heaven. :hug: K if old member r really taking over i'll change my photo for a day too :)

K a photo of the original band since they are all coming out to play except poor g l e n n :(

Well, that can be fixed.

Outlawman13
04-01-2013, 08:02 PM
LOL I'm sorry for confusing you FP. I didn't mean to. Thank you for loving my photo. Yeah I guess I can love both of them for one day. OHHHHH. I love your photo as well Rebecca. The old photos are so awesome!!!!!!!!!! Felder Heaven is where I should be for right now. I'm too bad.

Thirsty&Hot
04-01-2013, 08:54 PM
you know..i didn't even realize we could change our themes! haha
from what I can see, the Don Felder thing is now affecting all of the themes except for the Dark Hue one

Outlawman13....thanks for bringing it to my attention! my favorite one is the One of These Nights theme too!

Outlawman13
04-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Amen to that!!!! Nancy, you are a star for doing this. I bow to our fearless, amazing administrator!!!!!! This was by far the best prank ever. LOL just seeing all of that F REY and S CHMIDT spelled out. I read T&H's post this morning and had a feeling what was going on. LOL I knew a prank was boiling for sure. LOL. You are too awesome Soda.

Glennhoney
04-01-2013, 09:17 PM
OH please, please, please....I want my GLENN back!!!!!!!!!!!:pray:

WalshFan88
04-01-2013, 09:38 PM
It was hilarious.

I have to say the thing that really got me in a bad way was on Facebook, a site said Don Felder is rejoining the Eagles for the History Of The Eagles tour. Being a hardcore/huge Felder fan I didn't remember it was April Fools. Needless to say, at the time I was really upset by it. I guess I still believe it could happen even though I've said I know it won't. It surprised me to see that I could be fooled by that.

Freypower
04-01-2013, 09:39 PM
you know..i didn't even realize we could change our themes! haha
from what I can see, the Don Felder thing is now affecting all of the themes except for the Dark Hue one

Outlawman13....thanks for bringing it to my attention! my favorite one is the One of These Nights theme too!

It isn't affecting One Of These Nights & it didn't affect On The Border. At least it isn't for me. In fact, I dont' see any changes in the themes at all except for VBulletin default which has an entire background of the 'this photo hs been deleted' Photobucket message.

It will be back to normal tomorrow so please bear that in mind.

Outlawman13
04-01-2013, 09:58 PM
LOL I just need G L E N N back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL it's almost time for it to go back to normal. For me, it's 3 hours. I loved the prank though, but I need G lenn!!!! I have it in Dark Hue and it's not doing anything either. LOL.

sodascouts
04-01-2013, 11:08 PM
I left Dark Hue alone because that's the old Flip City style and I couldn't take Glenn out of that. ;) The other styles, aside from the holiday ones, should bear the changes, however. Weird that some see them and some don't.

sodascouts
04-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the kind words!

Austin, I know how you feel. A Fleetwood Mac site posted that Christine McVie was rejoining Fleetwood Mac for their upcoming tour and for one brief shining moment, I thought I'd be able to see the Rumours lineup. Of course.... then I remembered it was April 1. I tend to steer away from those kind of jokes!

sodascouts
04-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Now the day is done I moved most of the relevant posts in this thread to be archived.

All should be back to normal now - if you see things messed up, this time, it's on you! ;)

Glennsallnighter
04-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Well unfortunately I was travelling home on 1st April and so wasn't able to log on to see the 'fun'. Although I HAD wondered with Troub what this years antics would involve!

Soda, you have surpassed yourself this time judging from what I have been reading! Well Done !

Troubadour
04-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Unfortunately I wasn't able to spend time on here on the 1st either, but I am sad I missed all of the fun. It sounds hilarious! Great job as usual, Soda.

EagleLady
04-08-2013, 07:29 PM
I wasn't able to get on during this but good one :hilarious: