PDA

View Full Version : Former Eagles Song Survivor Game

Pages : [1] 2

Ive always been a dreamer
04-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Time for our next Song Survivor! Our game this time will be Former Eagles Song Survivor. If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7)

I'm going to list the songs for Former Eagles Song Survivor here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the one you want to go, not for the one you want to stay.

Note: Do not criticize how/why other people vote. Their reasons are their own and they are free to vote however they like. Also, never attack a fellow poster. You can disagree about a certain song without making it personal. Sometimes these games can get heated, but remember.. it's still just a game.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

GAME OVER!!!

In a unanimous decision, the winner is:

Take It to the Limit

Songs Eliminated:
Journey of the Sorcerer 4/04
Train Leaves Here This Morning 4/06
Most of Us Are Sad 4/08
I Wish You Peace 4/10
Tryin’ 4/12
Too Many Hands 4/14
Visions 4/16
Earlybird 4/18
Is It True 4/20
Twenty-One 4/22
Bitter Creek 4/24
Certain Kind of Fool 4/26
Take the Devil 4/28
My Man 4/30
Try and Love Again 5/02
Midnight Flyer 5/04

Hope everyone enjoyed the game.

Freypower
04-02-2013, 09:08 PM
I Wish You Peace

sodascouts
04-02-2013, 09:10 PM
I know this will piss some people off but my first vote is for Visions. It has a very dated sound with its falsetto answering lines and lyrics like "Play on El Chingadero" don't help. I'm not saying it's horrible - it has some cool guitar parts and I like the line "If I can't have it all, just a taste will do." However, it's up against better material, IMHO.

I cast my vote for "Visions."

Grey Sadler
04-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Train Leaves Here This Morning (too draggy)

Scarlet Sun
04-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Too Many Hands. It's good musically but lyrically I put it in the same bag as Witchy Woman, Chug All Night, Out Of Control, You Never Cry Like A Lover, Good Day In Hell, Victim Of Love, Disco Strangler, and Those Shoes.

WalshFan88
04-02-2013, 10:04 PM
I know I'm in the minority but I think Felder is a great singer and I love his voice... I prefer his new solo material but I do like Visions.

That said:

Journey Of The Sorcerer

sodascouts
04-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Too Many Hands. It's good musically but lyrically I put it in the same bag as Witchy Woman, Chug All Night, Out Of Control, You Never Cry Like A Lover, Good Day In Hell, Victim Of Love, Disco Strangler, and Those Shoes.

Of course you have every right to this opinion but I must say I'm surprised! "Too Many Hands" is a commentary on the environment and while it's not Shakespeare, I actually find the lyrics to be far more interesting than the likes of "Disco Strangler" and "Chug All Night" for sure! I'm biased, though, because I absolutely adore the song.

I'm not surprised by the votes for "I Wish You Peace" and "Journey of the Sorcerer" as they often get disparaged, but some notes in their favor:

"I Wish You Peace" has an absolutely lovely, heartfelt sentiment that I find really appealing.

"Journey of the Sorcerer" has a drama to it that I absolutely love. Don't just hear it; close your eyes and experience it.

Grey Sadler
04-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Let me just say...with about 99% of these songs...it's like picking which children are your favorites!!

Scarlet Sun
04-02-2013, 10:21 PM
I know I'm in the minority but I think Felder is a great singer and I love his voice

I was surprised how good a singer he actually is. Henley is better but I think they considered VOL to good a song to let him sing. I think it could have been a political decision

Scarlet Sun
04-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Of course you have every right to this opinion but I must say I'm surprised! "Too Many Hands" is a commentary on the environment and while it's not Shakespeare, I actually find the lyrics to be far more interesting than the likes of "Disco Strangler" and "Chug All Night" for sure! I'm biased, though, because I absolutely adore the song.

Regardless of how well-written they are, they all share a common theme. Unfortunately it's guilt by association

04-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Wow - 5 votes so far - 5 different songs. Am I the only one that thinks this game is gonna be all over the place? :grin:

Outlawman13
04-02-2013, 11:05 PM
I would think A Train Leaves In The Morning isn't really that good. Like GS stated that it's too draggy, but I don't think the lyrics are really that strong and well written.

sodascouts
04-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Is that the one you're going to vote for? Just checking because sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is musing about a song or is actually casting their vote for it to leave the island.

I see your point about TLHTM's lyrics. "The answer that I wrote down on my sleeve"? Plus, what does he mean by "I don't know what I might be on?" He doesn't know whether he should be on the train? :confused:

whitcap
04-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Is that the one you're going to vote for? Just checking because sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is musing about a song or is actually casting their vote for it to leave the island.

I see your point about TLHTM's lyrics. "The answer that I wrote down on my sleeve"? Plus, what does he mean by "I don't know what I might be on?" He doesn't know whether he should be on the train? :confused:

The line is actually "The address that I wrote down on my sleeve" referring to 1320 North Columbus.

Scarlet Sun
04-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Isn't it "address" rather than "answer?"

I reckon this is more of a "smoker passed it on" song both musically and lyrically

Outlawman13

LOL I'm sorry. Yeah that's the one I'm going to vote for. I don't understand those lines either.

sodascouts
I actually knew that it was "address" - I was typing quickly and accidentally wrote the wrong word - I hate it when that happens! So embarrassing. Thank you for checking for accuracy.

whitcap
04-02-2013, 11:21 PM
I vote for Journey of the Sorcerer. I like it just not as much as the others.

pueblo47
04-03-2013, 06:46 AM
I vote for Earlybird

TimothyBFan
04-03-2013, 07:40 AM
I vote for Journey of the Sorcerer. It does nothing for me.

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-03-2013, 09:22 AM
I'm gonna vote to get rid of Most Of Us Are Sad.

Brooke
04-03-2013, 09:54 AM
I guess you could call it (JOTS) interesting but I have never cared for it and usually skip it. I just did that yesterday when it came up on my playlist! To me it just doesn't fit in for an Eagles song.

I've got my favorite and my very least favorite down, but the rest are up for grabs! This is going to be a very tough game because I like most all of the rest of the songs pretty much equally.

I cast my vote for Journey of the Sorcerer.

GlennLover
04-03-2013, 11:05 AM
I agree with Soda about Visions so-

I cast my vote for Visions.

I regards to the line "I don't know what I might be on?" in TLHTM, I always thought that it had a double meaning, that he might be "on" a drug.

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Journey of the Sorcerer

04-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Just want to post a reminder, especially for the newbies here that want to participate ... You have until 8:00 p.m. EST tonight to cast your vote for Round 1.

04-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Well, the way this game started out, I didn't know if any of these songs would get over 2 or 3 votes. lol But, it look like JOTS is going down. I am a bit surprised to see votes for Train Leaves Here This Morning so early. For me, it's one of my favorites. I just love it both lyrically and musically. Anyway, I'm going to vote for one of my least favorites that hasn't received any votes just to even up the playing field some ...

I cast my vote for Take the Devil.

UK TimFan
04-04-2013, 07:51 PM
I vote for 'Visions'.

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Nooo not Take the Devil!! lol That is in my top 3 favorite Eagles songs. Randy's voice is at it's best in that one for sure.

04-04-2013, 08:06 PM
The first song to be eliminated from Former Eagles Song Survivor is Journey of the Sorcerer. “Journey of the Sorcerer”, you sure didn’t have much of a journey at all here. The tribe has spoken and you must please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Journey of the Sorcerer – 5
Visions – 3
Train Leaves Here This Morning – 2
I Wish You Peace – 1
Too Many Hands – 1
Early Bird – 1
Most of Us Are Sad – 1
Take the Devil – 1

Vote Breakdown
Journey of the Sorcerer – WalshFan88
Journey of the Sorcerer – whitcap
Journey of the Sorcerer – TimothyBFan
Journey of the Sorcerer – Brooke
Journey of the Sorcerer – RebeccaLovesEagles
Visions – sodascouts
Visions – GlennLover
Visions – UK Timfan
Train Leaves Here This Morning – Grey Sadler
Train Leaves Here This Morning – Outlawman13
I Wish You Peace – Freypower
Too Many Hands – Scarlet Sun
Early Bird – pueblo47
Most of Us Are Sad – AstraeaLunaAvani
Take the Devil – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:

Songs remaining:
Most of Us Are Sad
Train Leaves Here This Morning
Take the Devil
Early Bird
Tryin’
Twenty-One
Certain Kind of Fool
Bitter Creek
Midnight Flyer
My Man
Is It True?
Too Many Hands
Take It To the Limit
Visions
I Wish You Peace
Try and Love Again

Voting for Round 2 begins now.

Grey Sadler
04-04-2013, 08:36 PM
I was actually saving JOTS for another round (being the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Theme)...great sci-fi song, but it doesn't really fit 100% as an Eagles song, I agree...

so I'm going with Train Leaves Here This Morning again...

Freypower
04-04-2013, 08:49 PM
I Wish You Peace

Outlawman13
04-04-2013, 09:15 PM
LOL I'm still voting for Train Leaves This Morning

04-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Nooo not Take the Devil!! lol That is in my top 3 favorite Eagles songs. Randy's voice is at it's best in that one for sure.

Sorry about voting for Take the Devil last round, ALA. That just goes to show how all over the place we can be with our opinions on these songs. The funny part is that I happen to think it is Randy's weakest vocal performance with the band. I like it okay, but I don't love it for sure. I have to say, I think Randy and Bernie's songs on the band's debut album are some of their weakest overall. The one exception is Train Leaves Here This Morning, which I previously mentioned that I really like a lot.

WalshFan88
04-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Bitter Creek

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-05-2013, 08:49 AM
I'm gonna vote for The Train Leaves Here This Morning this time!

I also find it interesting out of 1500 members on this board, only about 20 of us are voting! Are that many members really that inactive?

GlennLover
04-05-2013, 10:07 AM
I vote Visions again.

Brooke
04-05-2013, 10:24 AM
This game is really going to be hard for me and I'm going to listen to what everyone has to say about these songs. My top two and bottom two are picked, but after that it's a toss up.

My next least favorite is Midnight Flyer. Randy does a great job singing it, but no one in the band wrote it and that is a big factor for me. Just never did really care for the song. :shrug:

Don't hurt me.

TimothyBFan
04-05-2013, 10:48 AM
I vote for Most Of Us Are Sad.

My favorite songs in the game are sung by Randy... except this one. This one for some reason just drags for me and the words are such a downer in my opinion. It does make me sad and I don't need that. ;)

TimothyBFan
04-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Just wanted to add ---- I must thank whoever it was that came up with the idea for this Survivor. I must admit, I do not listen to these songs as often as I should and since this game was announced, I've pulled them into a playlist I've been listening to quite a bit the last week or so. I had forgotten how good some of these are. :rockguitar:

whitcap
04-05-2013, 01:36 PM
I vote for Most of Us are Sad. Of the remaining songs its the one I love the least.

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-05-2013, 07:37 PM
This game is really going to be hard for me and I'm going to listen to what everyone has to say about these songs. My top two and bottom two are picked, but after that it's a toss up.

My next least favorite is Midnight Flyer. Randy does a great job singing it, but no one in the band wrote it and that is a big factor for me. Just never did really care for the song. :shrug:

Don't hurt me.

I agree about Midnight Flyer! I didn't know nobody in the band wrote it, Don & Glenn didn't even have anything to do with it?! Wow.

04-05-2013, 09:17 PM
I also find it interesting out of 1500 members on this board, only about 20 of us are voting! Are that many members really that inactive?

ALA - This game is definitely not for everyone, so a lot of our active members choose not to play. The participation in the game may pick up some, but we rarely have over 20 people play these games. We actually have about 1,800 registered members on the board, but, obviously not all of them are active posters. As is the case with most all message boards, many folk just prefer to lurk, and other members come and go.

Just wanted to add ---- I must thank whoever it was that came up with the idea for this Survivor. I must admit, I do not listen to these songs as often as I should and since this game was announced, I've pulled them into a playlist I've been listening to quite a bit the last week or so. I had forgotten how good some of these are. :rockguitar:

Aww - thanks Willie. I appreciate the kind words and it's nice to hear that you have refreshed your memory. :thumbsup: ITA that these Survivor games have an added benefit of helping fans come more familar with the band's music, especially the deep tracks in their catalog.

Prettymaid
04-05-2013, 11:27 PM
I vote for Most of us are Sad.

The 1-2-3 beat is so pronounced I actually find myself counting it off in my head as he sings: 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3.....it's enough to drive a person crazy! :grin:

pueblo47
04-06-2013, 04:52 PM
My vote goes for Train Leaves Here This Morning.

04-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Shoot, right now it looks as if Train Leaves Here This Morning or Most of Us are Sad will go down this round. I really don't want either of them to leave this soon because I think they are both better songs than some of the others in the game. I'm going to tie the vote and see how this goes down. If we were to end up with a tie, then TLHTM will go down because it has more previous votes. So even though I hate to do it ...

I cast my vote for Most of Us Are Sad.

UK TimFan
04-06-2013, 07:36 PM
I vote for 'Train leaves here this morning'.

zeldabjr
04-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Most Of Us Are Sad

Brooke
04-06-2013, 07:55 PM

Don't hurt me.

Just wanted to make sure you know this is what I'm voting for-Midnight Flyer.

ALA, MF was written by someone by the name of P.Craft. ????

04-06-2013, 08:07 PM
In a tied round, the next song to be eliminated from Former Eagles Song Survivor is Train Leaves Here This Morning. “Train Leaves Here This Morning”, I guess you were in the right place at exactly the wrong time. So please get on the train that leaves the island in the morning and be on your way back home.

Votes
Train Leaves Here This Morning – 5
Most of Us Are Sad – 5
Visions – 1
I Wish You Peace – 1
Bitter Creek – 1
Midnight Flyer – 1

Previous Votes
Train Leaves Here This Morning – 2
Most of Us Are Sad – 1

Vote Breakdown
Train Leaves Here This Morning – Grey Sadler
Train Leaves Here This Morning – Outlawman13
Train Leaves Here This Morning – AstraeaLunaAvani
Train Leaves Here This Morning – pueblo47
Train Leaves Here This Morning – UK Timfan
Most of Us Are Sad – TimothyBFan
Most of Us Are Sad – whitcap
Most of Us Are Sad – Prettymaid
Most of Us Are Sad – Ive always been a dreamer
Most of Us Are Sad – zeldabjr
Bitter Creek – WalshFan88
Visions – GlennLover
Midnight Flyer – Brooke

Songs eliminated:

Songs remaining:
Most of Us Are Sad
Take the Devil
Early Bird
Tryin’
Twenty-One
Certain Kind of Fool
Bitter Creek
Midnight Flyer
My Man
Is It True?
Too Many Hands
Take It To the Limit
Visions
I Wish You Peace
Try and Love Again

Voting for Round 3 begins now.

WalshFan88
04-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Most Of Us Are Sad

whitcap
04-06-2013, 09:09 PM
I vote for Most of Us are Sad.

Grey Sadler
04-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Another vote for Most of Us Are Sad...
Yes...it is Randy singing...and Glenn wrote it...doesn't stop it from being kinda depressing if you're listening at the wrong times!!

Freypower
04-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Wow. TLHTM is one of my favourites. I don't find MOUAS depressing at all. That isn't because Glenn wrote it. I think it has a bit more to say than some of their earlier songs.

I may be alone but I will continue to vote for the song I like the least of all Eagles songs, which is I Wish You Peace.

TimothyBFan
04-07-2013, 10:13 AM
I will once again vote for Most Of Us Are Sad.

Like I said last round, in my opinion, it just drags and the words are such a downer.

sodascouts
04-07-2013, 12:58 PM
To you guys saying MOUAS is a downer... Listen to the final verse. It's very redemptive. "I will sing you far away..love is here tonight." I think it's quite beautiful and the imagery of the song, despite its simplistic title, is more complex and interesting than the lyrics of many of our other contestants here.

Once again...

Annabel
04-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Most Of Us Are Sad gets my vote.

Sorry just don't like it. :hand:

pueblo47
04-07-2013, 03:25 PM
My vote goes for Most of us are Sad.

Prettymaid
04-07-2013, 04:13 PM
ONE-two-three, ONE-two-three...:doh:

Most of Us Are Sad gets my vote.

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Most of us are Sad

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-07-2013, 07:44 PM
My vote goes to Visions.

GlennLover
04-07-2013, 08:36 PM
I vote Visions.

AzEaglesFan
04-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Most of Us Are Sad.

Brooke
04-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Midnight Flyer

UK TimFan
04-08-2013, 06:53 PM
I vote for 'Most of us are sad'.

04-08-2013, 07:38 PM
To you guys saying MOUAS is a downer... Listen to the final verse. It's very redemptive. "I will sing you far away..love is here tonight." I think it's quite beautiful and the imagery of the song, despite its simplistic title, is more complex and interesting than the lyrics of many of our other contestants here.

I agree with you about this, Soda. But, we are definitely in the minority here and there's no saving it now. Most of Us Are Sad is far from my favorite in the game, but I can think of at least a handful of songs that I think are weaker. I've said before that the chirping in Earlybird is about the only cringe-worthy moment on any Eagles song, IMO. Fortunately, the rest of the song is pleasant enough, but I still think it one of the weakest songs remaining and probably my least favorite, so ...

I cast my vote for Earlybird.

04-08-2013, 08:00 PM
]The next song to be eliminated from Former Eagles Song Survivor is Most of Us Are Sad. “Most of Us Are Sadr”, no one can save you now. The tribe has spoken and time will not allow you to stay. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Most of Us Are Sad – 10
Visions – 3
I Wish You Peace – 1
Midnight Flyer – 1
Early Bird – 1

Vote Breakdown
Most of Us Are Sad – WalshFan88
Most of Us Are Sad – whitcap
Most of Us Are Sad – Grey Sadler
Most of Us Are Sad – TimothyBFan
Most of Us Are Sad – Annabel
Most of Us Are Sad – pueblo47
Most of Us Are Sad – Prettymaid
Most of Us Are Sad – RebeccaLovesEagles
Most of Us Are Sad – AzEaglesFan
Most of Us Are Sad – UK Timfan
Visions – sodascouts
Visions – AstraeaLunaAvani
Visions – GlennLover
Midnight Flyer – Brooke
Earlybird – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Most of Us Are Sad 4/08

Songs remaining:
Take the Devil
Early Bird
Tryin’
Twenty-One
Certain Kind of Fool
Bitter Creek
Midnight Flyer
My Man
Is It True?
Too Many Hands
Take It To the Limit
Visions
I Wish You Peace
Try and Love Again

Voting for Round 4 begins now.

WalshFan88
04-08-2013, 08:12 PM
I Wish You Peace

Grey Sadler
04-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Bitter Creek

Freypower
04-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Finally someone else voted for I Wish You Peace. I vote for I Wish You Peace, AGAIN.

sodascouts
04-09-2013, 07:39 AM
And I vote for Visions again!

TimothyBFan
04-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Voting for the next song on my list, I Wish You Peace. Tho I do like the words, it just moves way to slow for me and does little to keep my interest.

Prettymaid
04-09-2013, 08:09 AM
Wow, Visions is in my top 3 :-(. I don't think it's going to last that long, though.

I have one song on my list that is still lower than I Wish You Peace, but really, I don't care which one goes first.

But I'm not going to vote yet.

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-09-2013, 08:32 AM
I'll vote for Visions!

GlennLover
04-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Me too. I vote for Visions.

pueblo47
04-09-2013, 02:27 PM
My vote goes for I Wish You Peace

AzEaglesFan
04-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Dang I like almost all of them but I guess I'll vote for I Wish You Peace.
I do like Visions a little better.

sad-cafe
04-09-2013, 08:48 PM
midnight flyer

04-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Welcome sad-cafe. Unfortunately, we have a rule that you must be a member in good standing for two weeks before you can play the Survivor games, so we won't be able to count your vote. Please feel free to participate in the discussion though if you wish. We play these games several times a year, so, hopefully, you can participate next time around. :thumbsup:

sad-cafe
04-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Oh, darn. Okay. I will watch then. Keeping my fingers that a couple of my favorites from this list make to to the end.

Annabel
04-10-2013, 07:59 AM
Hmmm, I vote for I Wish You Peace.

04-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Just want to let everyone know that the results of this round may be posted late tonight. Soda is teaching and I'll be traveling for work. One of us will post them as soon as we can. Please don't cast your vote for the next round until the official results are posted. Thanks.

04-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Well - I don't want to vote this early, but I may not have another opportunity to post again before tonight. I like this song better than some of the others, but I figured it would go down pretty early, so ...

I cast my vote for I Wish You Peace.

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-10-2013, 01:26 PM
I Wish You Peace

Prettymaid
04-10-2013, 01:28 PM
I'd better vote now too, while I'm home for lunch. It looks like Visions is safe this round, but I'd better not take any chances.

I'm joining the coalition and casting my vote for I Wish You Peace.

Brooke
04-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Well, it seems everyone likes MF better than IWYP or Visions so I will vote instead for one of those. I really like the lyrics in IWYP much better than Visions.

I vote for Visions.

whitcap
04-10-2013, 02:03 PM
I vote for I wish you peace.

UK TimFan
04-10-2013, 07:57 PM
As 'I wish you peace' doesn't seem to need my vote to go, I will vote for 'Tryin''.

04-10-2013, 09:55 PM
The next song to be eliminated from Former Eagles Song Survivor is I Wish You Peace. “I Wish You Peace”, the tribe has spoken, but here are some kind words when things are sad. We wish you shelter from the raging winds as you leave the island immediately.

Votes
I Wish You Peace – 10
Visions – 4
Bitter Creek – 1
Tryin’ – 1

Vote Breakdown
I Wish You Peace – WalshFan88
I Wish You Peace – Ive always been a dreamer
I Wish You Peace – TimothyBFan
I Wish You Peace – pueblo47
I Wish You Peace – AzEaglesFan
I Wish You Peace – Annabel
I Wish You Peace – RebeccaLovesEagles
I Wish You Peace – Prettymaid
I Wish You Peace – whitcap
Visions – sodascouts
Visions – AstraeaLunaAvani
Visions – GlennLover
Visions – Brooke
Bitter Creek – Grey Sadler
Tryin’ – UK Timfan

Songs eliminated:
Most of Us Are Sad 4/08
I Wish You Peace 4/10

Songs remaining:
Take the Devil
Early Bird
Tryin’
Twenty-One
Certain Kind of Fool
Bitter Creek
Midnight Flyer
My Man
Is It True?
Too Many Hands
Take It To the Limit
Visions
Try and Love Again

Voting for Round 5 begins now.

WalshFan88
04-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Tryin'

Prettymaid
04-10-2013, 10:07 PM
In order to save Visions, I am willing to form a coalition, but which song? Earlybird? I'm ready to see it go. Let me know.

I'm not going to vote until I see some feedback.

Grey Sadler
04-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Stickin' with Bitter Creek!

Freypower
04-10-2013, 11:19 PM
In order to save Visions, I am willing to form a coalition, but which song? Earlybird? I'm ready to see it go. Let me know.

I don't like either song but I marginally prefer Earlybird. I will join you in the next round, but for now I vote for Visions.

TimothyBFan
04-11-2013, 08:09 AM
I'm surprised to see votes for Tryin'. It's in the top 5 of my list. I'm so weird compared to others in these Survivor games. :hilarious:

I'm voting for the next song on my list to go, Twenty-One. Sorry Bernie fans!!! :-(

Prettymaid
04-11-2013, 08:16 AM
If it's any consolation, TBF, Tryin' is in my top five also. This game is all over the place! I definitely didn't want to see so many votes for Visions this soon, so my list must look a lot different from others', too.

Not voting yet.

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-11-2013, 08:20 AM
I'll vote for Twenty One. Honestly most of these are equal to me so I'll help out the people who like Visions! lol

TimothyBFan
04-11-2013, 08:25 AM
I'll vote for Twenty One. Honestly most of these are equal to me so I'll help out the people who like Visions! lol

Yay!!! Maybe I just started a coalition without even trying!! :thumbsup: :hilarious:

If it's any consolation, TBF, Tryin' is in my top five also. This game is all over the place! I definitely didn't want to see so many votes for Visions this soon, so my list must look a lot different from others', too.

Not voting yet.

I really like Visions!! It rocks!!! I want to save it for awhile also.

Brooke
04-11-2013, 10:21 AM
I vote for Visions.

Sorry, I've just never liked it much. I like all the rest much better.

sodascouts
04-11-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm predictable.....

Glennsallnighter
04-11-2013, 05:08 PM
I've been very busy at work of late and only really had time to check this thread out tonight. But I know I can join in at any stage, so I cast my vote this round for Visions.

pueblo47
04-11-2013, 05:12 PM
My vote goes for Tryin"

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Tryin

AzEaglesFan
04-11-2013, 07:15 PM
I guess Tryin

Prettymaid
04-11-2013, 07:17 PM
*sigh*. My list is definitely different from you guys' lists. :-(

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-11-2013, 10:33 PM
*sigh*. My list is definitely different from you guys' lists. :-(

I was between a rock and a hard place, I like visions and the only other 2 getting votes were 21 or Tryin and I actually like 21 its my 2nd favorite Bernie song :-(

Prettymaid
04-11-2013, 10:42 PM
I will tip my hand and say that the next song on my list to go is Is It True, but it hasn't got any votes yet so I think everyone else must like it more than me. I don't want to vote for Tryin' - even to save Visions - so I'm not sure what I'm going to vote for yet.

Still holding off...

TimothyBFan
04-12-2013, 07:31 AM
I will tip my hand and say that the next song on my list to go is Is It True, but it hasn't got any votes yet so I think everyone else must like it more than me. I don't want to vote for Tryin' - even to save Visions - so I'm not sure what I'm going to vote for yet.

Still holding off...

Come with me to the darkside---vote Twenty-One.

Annabel
04-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Tryin' gets my vote.

Prettymaid
04-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Looks like I have to decide whether I want to try to save Visions or Tryin'. They are # 3 and 4 on my list - right near the top. But Vision is a notch above Tryin', sooooo...

I will vote for Tryin'. :-(

TimothyBFan
04-12-2013, 01:59 PM
OK, I have to ask what I'm missing that makes everyone else dislike Tryin' and Visions? Like I said, they're a couple of my favorites on this list.

Grey Sadler
04-12-2013, 02:56 PM
OK, I have to ask what I'm missing that makes everyone else dislike Tryin' and Visions? Like I said, they're a couple of my favorites on this list.

I'd like to know the same thing!! :eyebrow:

Freypower
04-12-2013, 05:43 PM

They're both very clunky songs that are trying too hard, excuse the pun. The lyrics of Visions are corny & unfortunately Felder does not have the voice to sell the song, although I like the guitar work. I like the lyrics of Tryin' but I find Randy's voice too strident (which it isn't in other songs). They lack that essential something which would lift them above average.

04-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Well it doesn't really surprise me that we are all over the place in our opinions of these songs. I would vote for Tryin' over Visions although neither of them are among my favorites. However, I like them better than several others that are still standing, including this one ...

UK TimFan
04-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Looks as if I can vote strategically again so I vote for 'Too many hands'.

04-12-2013, 08:30 PM
The next song to be eliminated from Former Eagles Song Survivor is Tryin'. “Tryin'”, you laid it on the line and thought you could make it in the end, but the tribe has spoken. Now you must take the long road ahead to your destination. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Tryin’ – 6
Visions – 4
Twenty-One – 2
Bitter Creek – 1
Take the Devil – 1
Too Many Hands – 1

Vote Breakdown
Tryin’ – WalshFan88
Tryin’ – pueblo47
Tryin’ – RebeccaLovesEagles
Tryin’ – AzEaglesFan
Tryin’ – Annabel
Tryin’ – Prettymaid
Visions – Freypower
Visions – Brooke
Visions – sodascouts
Visions – Glennsallnighter
Twenty-One – TimothyBFan
Twenty-One – AstraeaLunaAvani
Too Many Hands – UK Timfan

Songs eliminated:
Most of Us Are Sad 4/08
I Wish You Peace 4/10
Tryin’ 4/12

Songs remaining:
Take the Devil
Early Bird
Twenty-One
Certain Kind of Fool
Bitter Creek
Midnight Flyer
My Man
Is It True?
Too Many Hands
Take It To the Limit
Visions
Try and Love Again

Voting for Round 6 begins now.

Prettymaid
04-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Well, that was a bittersweet victory. :ack:

WalshFan88
04-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Too Many Hands

Grey Sadler
04-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Once again, Bitter Creek ;)

sad-cafe
04-12-2013, 09:37 PM
I know I can't participate yet, but I LOVE Bitter Creek.

Freypower
04-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Maybe someone can tell me what is so great about Visions which I will vote for again.

WalshFan88
04-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Maybe someone can tell me what is so great about Visions which I will vote for again.

I love it. Front to back beginning to end. Although in the minority, I really like Felder's voice and I wish he could have sang lead on more songs. I just love the music on it. I feel it's pretty special because it was the only Felder lead vocal AND it was his time to shine in all ways.

Freypower
04-13-2013, 12:18 AM
I love it. Front to back beginning to end. Although in the minority, I really like Felder's voice and I wish he could have sang lead on more songs. I just love the music on it. I feel it's pretty special because it was the only Felder lead vocal AND it was his time to shine in all ways.

OK, well I'm afraid I disagree about Felder's voice. He is adequate at best, particularly here. He doesn't bring anything to it vocally although I know he's trying. Therefore he can't lift it out of what it already was, a mediocre song.

The Eagles had two of the best singers in the business & one of them was being sadly underused on their later albums (by his own choice). I suppose I think the idea that more room should have been made for Felder's vocals when there was hardly any room for Frey's (or Meisner's or Schmit's) somewhat hard to take. In any case as we know he was given another chance to do a lead which didn't work. He was hired for his guitar playing, not his vocals. He admits himself he was the band's 'worst singer'.

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Voting for Bitter Creek, gotta latch on to one that's already been voted on in an effort to save Too Many Hands and Take the Devil! lol

pueblo47
04-13-2013, 09:22 AM
My vote goes for Too Many Hands

04-13-2013, 01:17 PM

PM - I would have joined your coalition last round if others had. It's hard to know which songs to choose for a coalition because, as we've said, we are so 'all over the place' in our opinions of these songs. This game has me scratching my head, which I'm not surprised about. I'm ready to see Earlybird go as well, but there doesn't seem to be much appetite here to get rid of it yet. Based on past votes, it looks like this round is going to be a battle between Visions and Too Many Hands, which are both better songs than Earlybird, IMHO. So it seems to me that those who want to save Too Many Hands this round will have to vote for Visions, and vice versa.

As usual, I'm going to wait to see how this round plays out before casting my vote.

sodascouts
04-13-2013, 03:17 PM
Earlybird is low on my list but Too Many Hands is quite high. I love that song! My favorite part is that slight pause between "but you won't hear a sound.. and "'til she turns around" and then it charges into that dramatic "oooh.... too many hands!" Also, it's one of Randy's sexier, edgier vocals. Terrific.

Visions, not so much.

Annabel
04-13-2013, 03:44 PM
I vote for Too many hands this round.

GlennLover
04-13-2013, 04:07 PM
I vote Visions again. I just like it the least of all the songs in contention.

AzEaglesFan
04-13-2013, 05:30 PM
I made a list of all the songs left and listened to them all again. SO now I
have a better idea of how I want to vote.

My vote this time is for: Too Many Hands.
Okay but not one of my favorites.

Freypower
04-13-2013, 06:18 PM
I don't get some of these votes. Too Many Hands is a far superior song to Visions, Earlybird, Midnight Flyer, Bitter Creek, Is It True & Twenty-One. Although it's from my least favourite album, it is the fourth best track for me. I like it because it's different. All the others listed above apart from Visions & Bitter Creek are just standard country rock. There; I managed to find something nice to say about Visions.

I'm not even going to try & explain my complete astonishment at what happened to Train Leaves Here This Morning.

sodascouts
04-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Well, it's all subjective! The game is certainly surprising me but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Keeps it interesting!

Prettymaid
04-13-2013, 08:50 PM

I'm exasperated with myself for not being able to find the words to explain! It is very subjective. I personally always listen to the tune of the song first - the melody, music and the beat - before I listen to the lyrics. I don't know why it's like that for me. I used to be a lyrics girl (back when they put the lyrics on the album cover - LOVED that), but now it can be years before I pay attention to the lyrics of a song. I wish it were different for me, but that's how it is.

Visions appeals to me in all the categories I first mentioned. I like the sound of the song. I don't LOVE it...I don't really LOVE hardly any of these songs.

When I play Survivor, I try to treat the songs as if I'm hearing them all for the first time. Then I make my list. I try not to overthink it, but when we start talking about them like this sometimes I second guess myself.

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Too Many Hands

TimothyBFan
04-14-2013, 02:41 PM
OK, well I'm afraid I disagree about Felder's voice. He is adequate at best, particularly here. He doesn't bring anything to it vocally although I know he's trying. Therefore he can't lift it out of what it already was, a mediocre song.

While I admit that Felder's voice doesn't do a lot for me, I think here it's pretty good. But more than that, I love the guitar and beat of this song more than anything. And I think the lyrics are pretty good also, especially this verse:

Go ahead and live all your fantasies
(Don't you ever think about the other side?)
Helps you get from where you are to where you want to be
(You and me ought to be taking a ride)
You do the best you can and you make your mistakes
(If you don't like it, you can say that you tried)
'Cause all I have to give is whatever it takes

In my opinion, it's far above mediocre.

For what it's worth, since we still all seem to be all over the place in this game-like Dreamer said, I like that--makes it interesting, I will stick with my vote of Twenty-One.

Prettymaid
04-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Except for Twenty-One, there are 6 more songs on my list that I would vote off before any of these!

Since I can't save Visions or Too Many Hands this round,

I vote for Is It True.

04-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Well I would have voted for Visions if there had been a chance to eliminate it because I think Too Many Hands is a better song, especially lyrically. But since my vote won't make a difference here, I'm going to vote strategically again ...

UK TimFan
04-14-2013, 07:59 PM
I vote for Certain kind of fool.

sodascouts
04-14-2013, 08:02 PM
The next song to be eliminated from Former Eagles Song Survivor is Too Many Hands. "Too Many Hands," I'm sorry, but too many votes have been cast for you. The tribe has spoken and it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Too Many Hands - 5
Visions – 3
Bitter Creek – 2
Twenty-One – 1
Is It True - 1
Take the Devil – 1
Certain Kind of Fool - 1

Vote Breakdown
Too Many Hands - WalshFan88
Too Many Hands - pueblo47
Too Many Hands - Annabel
Too Many Hands - AzEaglesFan
Too Many Hands - RebeccaLovesEagles
Visions – Freypower
Visions – sodascouts
Visions - GlennLover
Bitter Creek – AstraeaLunaAvani
Twenty-one - TImothyBFan
Is It True - Prettymaid
Take the Devil - Ive always been a dreamer
Certain Kind of Fool - UK TimFan

Songs eliminated:
Most of Us Are Sad 4/08
I Wish You Peace 4/10
Tryin’ 4/12
Too Many Hands 4/14

Songs remaining:
Take the Devil
Early Bird
Twenty-One
Certain Kind of Fool
Bitter Creek
Midnight Flyer
My Man
Is It True?
Take It To the Limit
Visions
Try and Love Again

Voting for Round 7 begins now.

sodascouts
04-14-2013, 08:06 PM

Freypower
04-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Visions has been here far too long in my opinion.

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Is It True?

WalshFan88
04-15-2013, 01:32 AM
Certain Kind Of Fool

AzEaglesFan
04-15-2013, 03:53 AM
Certain Kind of Fool, I just can't listen to that song for some reason.

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-15-2013, 07:45 AM

LOL its interesting how that goes. It is my 2nd favorite with TITTL. :hilarious:

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Earlybird is low on my list but Too Many Hands is quite high. I love that song! My favorite part is that slight pause between "but you won't hear a sound.. and "'til she turns around" and then it charges into that dramatic "oooh.... too many hands!" Also, it's one of Randy's sexier, edgier vocals. Terrific.

I thought the line was "but you won't hear a sound as she turns 'round"? Either way, I totally agree, this is in my top 5 Eagles songs and I hope it lasts a little longer at least!

Edit: damn, too late, it's been voted off! :-(

TimothyBFan
04-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Sorry to see Too Many Hands go. Love the guitar in it!!

And Certain Kind Of Fool is in my top 6 also. I'm just way, way off in this game this time. What else is new? :hilarious:

Sticking with the same ol' vote, Twenty-One.

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-15-2013, 08:18 AM
I love Certain Kind of Fool, so therefore I will vote for Visions since i'm pretty sure more people will go with that one! :thumbsup:

Brooke
04-15-2013, 10:05 AM
I vote for Visions again.

Pm, I'm like you and hear the music of a song long before I hear the lyrics, but I've never liked the music to Visions. The whole beat of the song has to attract me before I get in to what is said in it. I also have to like the sound of the voice. In Visions, I can't really hear Felder's voice all that well to know really how good he is or pay attention to what he says. Jmo.

Missed last round and sorry to see Too Many Hands go so soon. It was my #5! :sad:

GlennLover
04-15-2013, 10:13 AM
Voting Visions once again.

sodascouts
04-15-2013, 11:08 AM

I think I know the reason, lol.

Annabel
04-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Certain Kind of Fool gets my vote. Not one of my favourites I'm afraid.

04-15-2013, 02:58 PM

I think I know the reason, lol.

I'm surprised as well because I thought it was pretty obvious. :?

Freypower
04-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Certain Kind Of Fool is another one of my real favourites. I say again, I am having trouble understanding the reasons behind some of these votes. Those of you who think CKOF deserves better than to just disappear the way Too Many Hands did, please vote for Visions.

UK TimFan
04-15-2013, 11:43 PM
I think the programme is called 'Dancing with the stars' throughout the rest of the world, though in the UK it's called 'Strictly come dancing', and over here each year there is heated (online forum) debate when someone who is at least good is voted off before one of the 'duffers'.
Later in the series the debate centres around someone who is slightly better than average being voted off before someone who just average.
But what is often ignored in these debates is the key question of 'would that voted-off person truly have reached the top three in the competition?'. If the answer is 'no', then in a way it doesn't really matter whether they left in round 1 or round 10, because they still wouldn't have made the crucial round 12.
It's the same thing with the Border 'Survivors'. Realistically the most you can hope for is that your top five are the last five standing. If everyone agrees with your top three it's a bonus. :)

TimothyBFan
04-16-2013, 07:33 AM
I think the programme is called 'Dancing with the stars' throughout the rest of the world, though in the UK it's called 'Strictly come dancing', and over here each year there is heated (online forum) debate when someone who is at least good is voted off before one of the 'duffers'.
Later in the series the debate centres around someone who is slightly better than average being voted off before someone who just average.
But what is often ignored in these debates is the key question of 'would that voted-off person truly have reached the top three in the competition?'. If the answer is 'no', then in a way it doesn't really matter whether they left in round 1 or round 10, because they still wouldn't have made the crucial round 12.
It's the same thing with the Border 'Survivors'. Realistically the most you can hope for is that your top five are the last five standing. If everyone agrees with your top three it's a bonus. :)

Ooh, UK, and your silly logic that makes sense!!!! :hilarious: Of course you're right, but I still don't think you all should be voting off my favorite songs! :nahnah:

Prettymaid
04-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Well, I'll bet that most of us agree on at least one song that should be in the top three. ;-)

I'll cast my vote for Is It True?

The song just doesn't do anything for me.

04-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Well - I'll be happy to contribute the the demise of Visions. I actually like the song, particularly the music, but it seems like it's the one that most folks want to vote off at this point. There are several songs that I would have rather seen go down before it, but, oh well ...

pueblo47
04-16-2013, 07:51 PM
My vote goes for Earlybird

UK TimFan
04-16-2013, 07:58 PM
I vote for Earlybird.

sodascouts
04-16-2013, 08:22 PM
The next song to be eliminated from Former Eagles Song Survivor is Visions. "Visions," at least you can say that you tried, but the tribe has spoken and it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Visions – 6
Certain Kind of Fool - 3
Is It True - 2
Earlybird - 2
Twenty-One – 1

Vote Breakdown
Visions – sodascouts
Visions – Freypower
Visions - AstreaLunaAvani
Visions - Brooke
Visions - GlennLover
Visions - Ive always been a dreamer
Certain Kind of Fool - WalshFan88
Certain Kind of Fool - AzEaglesFan
Certain Kind of Fool - Annabel
Is It True? - RebeccaLovesEagles
Is It True? - Prettymaid
Earlybird - pueblo47
Earlybird - UKTimFan
Twenty-one - TimothyBFan

Songs eliminated:
Most of Us Are Sad 4/08
I Wish You Peace 4/10
Tryin’ 4/12
Too Many Hands 4/14
Visions 4/16

Songs remaining:
Take the Devil
Earlybird
Twenty-One
Certain Kind of Fool
Bitter Creek
Midnight Flyer
My Man
Is It True?
Take It To the Limit
Try and Love Again

Voting for Round 8 begins now.

WalshFan88
04-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Earlybird

Wow, so sad to see Visions go. AFAIC, it's the 2nd best song in this entire list from the beginning... Felder's voice is so underrated.

Freypower
04-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Earlybird

AzEaglesFan
04-17-2013, 02:59 AM
Certain Kind of Fool

sodascouts
04-17-2013, 03:38 AM
It would be a much better song without the tweets!

I cast my vote for Earlybird.

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-17-2013, 07:17 AM
Earlybird.. I don't like the tweets either.

TimothyBFan
04-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Well hell, why am I the only one voting for Twenty-One? :hilarious:

I agree about the chirps soooooo, I'm going to hold off on my Twenty-One vote this round in case I have to throw Earlybird under the bus with everyone else to save Certain Kind Of Fool.

And someone, ANYONE, please tell me what I'm missing in Twenty-One!!!! :headscratch:

Brooke
04-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Willie, I like Twenty One cause it's fun! :shrug:

And I used to hate Nightingale because of the chirps, but if you can somehow block those out, I really like the song!

I'm going to vote for Midnight Flyer again.

Annabel
04-17-2013, 11:57 AM
I can go with Earlybird this round. Those tweets don't do it for me either.

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-17-2013, 06:25 PM

I agree about the chirps soooooo, I'm going to hold off on my Twenty-One vote this round in case I have to throw Earlybird under the bus with everyone else to save Certain Kind Of Fool.

And someone, ANYONE, please tell me what I'm missing in Twenty-One!!!! :headscratch:

21 is also just so upbeat. It gives off a happy vibe :)

Freypower
04-17-2013, 06:34 PM

Twenty-One is not a great song but it shows the exuberant outlaw/rock star at the very start, optimistic & full of hope for the future, before the mood starts to darken, even in the very next song, Out Of Control. Also it is nice to hear Bernie sing something uptempo.

GlennLover
04-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Twenty-One is not a great song but it shows the exuberant outlaw/rock star at the very start, optimistic & full of hope for the future, before the mood starts to darken, even in the very next song, Out Of Control. Also it is nice to hear Bernie sing something uptempo.

I agree, FP! It's going to be hard to choose from here on in.

Prettymaid
04-17-2013, 08:49 PM
I vote for Is It True?

I am leaving tomorrow on a weeklong vacation, so I'm not sure I'll be voting anymore, but I'll have my phone and iPad with me so you never know.

Vote wisely, my friends! :hilarious: And have fun!

GlennLover
04-18-2013, 12:10 AM
Have fun on your vacation, Pm! :partytime:

TimothyBFan
04-18-2013, 07:10 AM
OK-- I hear the uptempo, happy, fun thing with Twenty-One but I still think it sounds just to, you all know what I'm going to say here, country. :fear:

Still holding off to see what happens between CKOF and Earlybird. Someone nudge me this afternoon if I forget to vote. :hilarious:

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Gotta save CKOF! Voting for Earlybird!

GlennLover
04-18-2013, 09:53 AM
I guess I will go with voting Earlybird. I like the song & although I don't mind the chirpping as much as some, I'm not a real fan of it.

Glennsallnighter
04-18-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm not a great fan of the chirping, and I DO like CKOF, so I think I will vote off Earlybird this round.

pueblo47
04-18-2013, 06:59 PM
My vote goes for Certain Kind of Fool

04-18-2013, 07:54 PM
As far as Twenty-One, I like the song a lot. Even though it is probably my least favorite song on the Desperado album, I still like it better than all of Randy's and Bernie's songs on the Eagles album except for Train Leaves Here This Morning. I think it is very uplifting and I especially love the lyrics. As far as this round, I agree that it's time for Earlybird to go. I would vote for it if it needed my vote. But since it doesn't, I'm going to join Brooke and vote strategically ...

I cast my vote for Midnight Flyer.

UK TimFan
04-18-2013, 07:58 PM
I vote for 'Certain kind of fool'.

04-18-2013, 08:08 PM
The next song to be eliminated from Former Eagles Song Survivor is Earlybird. “Earlybird”, you can spend your days denyin’, but the tribe has spoken. All did not go well and now your life here is gone. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Earlybird – 8
Certain Kind of Fool – 3
Midnight Flyer – 2
Is It True? – 1

Vote Breakdown
Earlybird – WalshFan88
Earlybird – Freypower
Earlybird – sodascouts
Earlybird – RebeccaLovesEagles
Earlybird – Annabel
Earlybird – AstraeaLunaAvani
Earlybird – GlennLover
Earlybird – Glennsallnighter
Certain Kind of Fool – AzEaglesFan
Certain Kind of Fool – pueblo47
Certain Kind of Fool – UK Timfan
Midnight Flyer – Brooke
Midnight Flyer – Ive always been a dreamer
Is It True? – Prettymaid

Songs eliminated:
Most of Us Are Sad 4/08
I Wish You Peace 4/10
Tryin’ 4/12
Too Many Hands 4/14
Visions 4/16
Earlybird 4/18

Songs remaining:
Take the Devil
Twenty-One
Certain Kind of Fool
Bitter Creek
Midnight Flyer
My Man
Is It True?
Take It To the Limit
Try and Love Again

Voting for Round 9 begins now.

WalshFan88
04-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Bitter Creek

Freypower
04-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Midnight Flyer

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-18-2013, 10:25 PM
Is It True?

TimothyBFan
04-19-2013, 08:06 AM
And I forgot to vote!!! Knew I would--this is why I always try to get it in early and not wait to see what happens. At least I don't have to feel bad because CKOF didn't need my vote to be saved.

Back to my vote for Twenty-One.

Brooke
04-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Back to my vote-Midnight Flyer. Again.

sodascouts
04-20-2013, 12:38 AM
I cast my vote for "Is It True." The lyrics are a bit trite and uninspired.

GlennLover
04-20-2013, 09:34 AM
And I forgot to vote!!! Knew I would--this is why I always try to get it in early and not wait to see what happens. At least I don't have to feel bad because CKOF didn't need my vote to be saved.

Back to my vote for Twenty-One.

LOL, Willie! I do the same thing!

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-20-2013, 10:33 AM
We have a wide variety of songs this time :)

Annabel
04-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Is it true this round for me. Not a favourite.

pueblo47
04-20-2013, 06:39 PM
My vote goes for Is It True.

UK TimFan
04-20-2013, 07:59 PM
I vote for Twenty-one.

04-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Just getting in here in the nick of time ...

04-20-2013, 08:26 PM
The next song to be eliminated from Former Eagles Song Survivor is Is It True. “Is It True”, we were looking for a good time, and you weren’t the best thing we could find. The tribe has spoken so you must please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Is It True – 4
Midnight Flyer – 3
Twenty-One – 2
Bitter Creek – 1

Vote Breakdown
Is It True – RebeccaLovesEagles
Is It True – sodascouts
Is It True – pueblo47
Is It True – Annabel
Midnight Flyer – Freypower
Midnight Flyer – Brooke
Twenty-One – TimothyBFan
Twenty-One – UK Timfan

Songs eliminated:
Most of Us Are Sad 4/08
I Wish You Peace 4/10
Tryin’ 4/12
Too Many Hands 4/14
Visions 4/16
Earlybird 4/18
Is It True 4/20

Songs remaining:
Take the Devil
Twenty-One
Certain Kind of Fool
Bitter Creek
Midnight Flyer
My Man
Take It To the Limit
Try and Love Again

Voting for Round 10 begins now.

WalshFan88
04-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Save Midnight Flyer, Vote Bitter Creek!

My vote is for Bitter Creek.

Freypower
04-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Sorry. Midnight Flyer.

pueblo47
04-20-2013, 09:17 PM
My vote goes for Twenty-One.

04-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Save Midnight Flyer, Vote Bitter Creek!

... or both of these songs could be saved by voting for Take the Devil. I must have missing something, but there's no way I would have guessed this song would last this long. :headscratch:

As usual, I am going to wait to see how this round plays out before I vote.

UK TimFan
04-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Of course, if you want to save Bitter Creek, Midnight Flyer and Take the devil, then I would suggest you for vote for Twenty-one. Which already has one vote, and is highly likely to get another one when TimothyBFan gets here. :smile:

Though like Dreamer, I'm not voting yet.

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-21-2013, 08:55 AM
What the...I came to vote for the last round and it's already done! lol I guess time is flying faster than I thought, I work so much I barely have time to get on every day! Alright I wanna save Take the Devil more than words can say (I think now it might actually be my 2nd favorite Eagles song EVER!)...I don't know which one to vote for though, I guess i'll go with Twenty One.

TimothyBFan
04-21-2013, 11:58 AM
SAVE EVERYTHING AND VOTE FOR TWENTY-ONE!!!!

I vote for Twenty-One again!!

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Bitter Creek

Annabel
04-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Liking Willie's post :laugh:

I vote for Twenty One.

AzEaglesFan
04-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Take the Devil gets my vote.

Brooke
04-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Sorry, Midnight Flyer again!

GlennLover
04-22-2013, 02:37 PM
I vote Bitter Creek.

I love how the harmonies are arranged to sound like train whistles on Midnight Flyer.

Brooke
04-22-2013, 02:38 PM
I love how the harmonies are arranged to sound like train whistles on Midnight Flyer.

And that's part of what I don't like about it! :lol:

Freypower
04-22-2013, 05:44 PM
And that's part of what I don't like about it! :lol:

I'm with you. Every time they do that part, I cringe slightly. It's clever when you've heard it once. When you've heard it many times....

They didn't even write the song & it's one of the most lightweight in their oeuvre, for me.

sodascouts
04-22-2013, 06:05 PM
I love Twenty-One's exuberance and Midnight Flyer has great harmonies. Bitter Creek has a interesting philosophical intensity to it: "Son, don't wade too deep in bitter creek" is an effective metaphor warning against the dangers of wallowing in acrimony.

On the other hand, Take the Devil is very forgettable. Who here could recite its lyrics without help, I wonder? Not too many, I bet!

Thus...

whitcap
04-22-2013, 06:09 PM
I vote for twenty one.

Freypower
04-22-2013, 06:11 PM
I love Twenty-One's exuberance and Midnight Flyer has great harmonies. Bitter Creek has a interesting philosophical intensity to it: "Son, don't wade too deep in bitter creek" is an effective metaphor warning against the dangers of wallowing in acrimony.

On the other hand, Take the Devil is very forgettable. Who here could recite its lyrics without help, I wonder? Not too many, I bet!

Thus...

It's a bit naive but they were young. I like the lyrics (although no, I couldn't recite them straight out) & love the guitar work.

04-22-2013, 07:32 PM
I had already said that I would have liked to have seen Take the Devil go a long time ago. But, obviously, I'm in a minority here. In any event, I'll just cast another strategic vote ...

UK TimFan
04-22-2013, 07:59 PM
I vote for Take the devil.

04-22-2013, 08:35 PM
The next song to be eliminated from Former Eagles Song Survivor is Twenty-One. “Twnety-One”, you tried to be as strong as you could be, but the tribe has spoken. Now, go live your life upon the road and please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Twenty-One – 5
Bitter Creek – 3
Midnight Flyer – 3
Take the Devil – 3

Vote Breakdown
Twenty-One – pueblo47
Twenty-One – TimothyBFan
Twenty-One – AstraeaLunaAvani
Twenty-One – Annabel
Twenty-One – whitcap
Bitter Creek – RebeccaLovesEagles
Bitter Creek – GlennLover
Midnight Flyer – Brooke
Take the Devil – AzEaglesFan
Take the Devil – sodascouts
Take the Devil – UK Timfan

Songs eliminated:
Most of Us Are Sad 4/08
I Wish You Peace 4/10
Tryin’ 4/12
Too Many Hands 4/14
Visions 4/16
Earlybird 4/18
Is It True 4/20
Twenty-One 4/22

Songs remaining:
Take the Devil
Certain Kind of Fool
Bitter Creek
Midnight Flyer
My Man
Take It To the Limit
Try and Love Again

Voting for Round 11 begins now.

WalshFan88
04-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Bitter Creek!

Freypower
04-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Well, I am not voting for Take The Devil. The song is underrated & more interesting than Midnight Flyer which I will vote for AGAIN.

sodascouts
04-22-2013, 11:03 PM
I'm afraid I'm your polar opposite in this case, FP! I love "Midnight Flyer." It brings a big smile to my face every time I hear it.

TimothyBFan
04-23-2013, 08:10 AM
I like both Take The Devil and Midnight Flyer so can't vote either of them yet.

I have 3 right now that are all about tied for me at this point in the game to be eliminated.

I will vote for Bitter Creek at this time.

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-23-2013, 08:29 AM

ME ME ME!! :wave:

lol Seriously I think Randy's voice is the best in this song and if it weren't for Take It To the Limit, I think this would be my #1. I love the message too...choose love over hate/fear/evil (the REAL Devil).

My vote this time is going for Bitter Creek.

Brooke
04-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Well, I am not voting for Take The Devil. The song is underrated & more interesting than Midnight Flyer which I will vote for AGAIN.

I'm with you Fp! I vote for Midnight Flyer again.

sodascouts
04-23-2013, 12:06 PM
I think it's pretty harsh that all these Desperado songs are getting voted for during its 40th anniversary week!

Glennsallnighter
04-23-2013, 12:21 PM
I love Midnight Flyer too. I want to keep it another round so this round I vote for 'Take The Devil'

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-23-2013, 11:48 PM
i'll vote Take The Devil' because even though bitter creek isn't my favorite it shouldn't get voted of during its anniversary week.

04-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Just want to let everyone know that the results of this round may be posted late again tomorrow night. Soda will be teaching and I'm traveling for work. One of us will post them as soon as we can. Again, a reminder to please not cast your vote for the next round until the Round 11 official results are posted and the announcement is made to start the voting for Round 12.

So since my board time will be limited tomorrow, I guess I'd better vote now even though it's a lot earlier than I like.

Annabel
04-24-2013, 05:30 PM
I vote for Bitter Creek

pueblo47
04-24-2013, 07:57 PM
My vote is Certain Kind of Fool

UK TimFan
04-24-2013, 07:59 PM
I vote for Certain kind of fool.

04-24-2013, 10:31 PM
In a tied round, the next song to be eliminated from Former Eagles Song Survivor is Bitter Creek. “Bitter Creek”, you tried to wade too deep, but you couldn't win this race. Now, go and hit the road one last time and leave the island immediately.

Votes
Bitter Creek – 4
Take the Devil – 4
Midnight Flyer – 2
Certain Kind of Fool – 2

Previous Votes
Bitter Creek – 9
Take the Devil – 6

Vote Breakdown
Bitter Creek – TimothyBFan
Bitter Creek – AstraeaLunaAvani
Bitter Creek – AnnabelTake the Devil – sodascouts
Take the Devil – Glennsallnighter
Take the Devil – RebeccaLovesEagles
Midnight Flyer – Brooke
Certain Kind of Fool – pueblo47

Songs eliminated:
Most of Us Are Sad 4/08
I Wish You Peace 4/10
Tryin’ 4/12
Too Many Hands 4/14
Visions 4/16
Earlybird 4/18
Is It True 4/20
Twenty-One 4/22
Bitter Creek 4/24

Songs remaining:
Take the Devil
Certain Kind of Fool
Midnight Flyer
My Man
Take It To the Limit
Try and Love Again

Voting for Round 12 begins now.

sodascouts
04-24-2013, 10:34 PM
Oh my gosh, I was just about to hit "submit" when I saw your post, Dreamer! Looks like we got off about the same time!

WalshFan88
04-25-2013, 12:59 AM
Certain Kind Of Fool

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-25-2013, 07:33 AM
Take the Devil

TimothyBFan
04-25-2013, 07:46 AM
My vote this round goes for My Man.

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Wow, are all the songs but one a Randy song!? :)

I vote for Midnight Flyer.

Brooke
04-25-2013, 10:49 AM
I vote for Midnight Flyer again.

GlennLover
04-25-2013, 11:22 AM
I vote Take The Devil. It's no that I dislike anything about it, it's just my least favoutite of the remaining songs.

sodascouts
04-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Same here.

Freypower
04-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Midnight Flyer doesn't deserve the inflated status it has achieved in this game.

AzEaglesFan
04-26-2013, 02:00 AM
Certain Kind of Fool

WalshFan88
04-26-2013, 02:24 AM
Midnight Flyer doesn't deserve the inflated status it has achieved in this game.

To each his own.

I personally think it's the 2nd best song in the whole game but that's just me... Love the line "I paid my dues and I feel like trav'lin' on".

Glennsallnighter
04-26-2013, 09:41 AM
I must agree with WF88 here, - I love Midnight Flyer, and the fact that it made it onto the 'Very best Of' CD woild suggest that others think highly of it too.

I vot again this round for 'Take The Devil'

whitcap
04-26-2013, 05:04 PM
I vote for Certain Kind of Fool.

sodascouts
04-26-2013, 05:49 PM
I know I've said it before, but count me amongst the fans of "Midnight Flyer." It's so much fun!

Annabel
04-26-2013, 06:34 PM
My vote goes to Certain Kind of Fool.

sad-cafe
04-26-2013, 06:53 PM
aw, I love Bitter Creek.

I can't vote, but I hope Take it to the Limit and Try and Love Again are the last two left

UK TimFan
04-26-2013, 07:59 PM
I vote for 'Certain kind of fool'.

sodascouts
04-26-2013, 08:20 PM
The next song to be eliminated from Former Eagles Song Survivor is Certain Kind of Fool. “Certain Kind of Fool”, you're no longer a wanted man. The tribe has spoken and it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Certain Kind of Fool – 5
Take the Devil – 4
Midnight Flyer – 3
My Man - 1

Vote Breakdown
Certain Kind of Fool – WalshFan88
Certain Kind of Fool - AzEaglesFan
Certain Kind of Fool - whitcap
Certain Kind of Fool – Annabel
Take the Devil – RebeccaLovesEagles
Take the Devil - GlennLover
Take the Devil – sodascouts
Take the Devil – Glennsallnighter
Midnight Flyer – AstraeaLunaAvani
Midnight Flyer – Brooke
My Man - TimothyBFan

Songs eliminated:
Most of Us Are Sad 4/08
I Wish You Peace 4/10
Tryin’ 4/12
Too Many Hands 4/14
Visions 4/16
Earlybird 4/18
Is It True 4/20
Twenty-One 4/22
Bitter Creek 4/24
Certain Kind of Fool 4/26

Songs remaining:
Take the Devil
Midnight Flyer
My Man
Take It To the Limit
Try and Love Again

Voting for Round 13 begins now.

Freypower
04-26-2013, 09:29 PM
I must agree with WF88 here, - I love Midnight Flyer, and the fact that it made it onto the 'Very best Of' CD woild suggest that others think highly of it too.

I vot again this round for 'Take The Devil'

Well, there is something in that, I suppose. I don't mind the song but for me it is knocked out of the park by songs like Train Leaves Here This Morning, Too Many Hands & Certain Kind Of Fool. It is too lightweight & fluffy for me, like Earlybird. However, in ever increasing despair, I vote for Midnight Flyer AGAIN.

WalshFan88
04-27-2013, 12:09 AM
Take The Devil

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-27-2013, 08:52 AM
Take The Devil

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-27-2013, 09:35 AM
Midnight Flyer, although I think too many of you love that song! lol Wow this is getting really interesting now!

AzEaglesFan
04-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Take the Devil