PDA

View Full Version : The Paramount, Huntington, NY - 4/03/2013

VAisForEagleLovers
04-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Just saw a tweet where Don apologized to the crowd for being a little hoarse, that they were to just pretend he's Joe Cocker.

He also said, "Did you see the documentary? We left some stuff out."

Henley Honey
04-03-2013, 11:59 PM
Good job with those tweets, VA. We're going to bed. Hit ya tomm with the setlist and concert comments.

WalshFan88
04-04-2013, 12:35 AM
He also said, "Did you see the documentary? We left some stuff out."

Hmm. It makes me wonder what exactly was left out, and who's parts it was that were left out.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-04-2013, 06:10 AM
cant wait to read and hear all about it :thumbsup:

Brooke
04-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Don, that was funny! I bet he got a laugh there!

Henley Honey
04-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Hubby just took Zelda to the airport, so I have a few minutes to post about the show. It was fantastic. The man NEVER disappoints.

He did the same set list as he did at the Revel except he didn't play Everything is different now and Everybody Knows. I love those songs so I was kinda of bummed, but he was really chatty and much more personable than usual.

When introducing It Don't Matter To The Sun he spoke of his admiration for the song writers and said "it may be on the solo album. It may not be. We'll see". Then he said "it's time for a crying in your beer song" and he began IDMTTS. I really really really hope he puts it on the album.

When introducing New York Minute he talked about how they drove in from Newark airport today and he noticed the change in the Manhattan skyline. "I'm not a big fan of skyscrapers, but it was moving to see the buildings going up where the World Trade Center had been. To me it symbolized resilience. Defiance, even. You can't stop us."

After The Last Worthless Evening he apologized for his hoarse voice. "Just pretend it's Joe Cocker".

He talked about going back to Nashville today to finish his solo album. He joked that it'd only been in the works for 4 years and that it'll be out in September. He talked about the "other band I play with" and the documentary. "We left stuff out". He talked about George Bernard Shaw who said "Youth is wasted on the young" and Henley added "with the emphasis on wasted".

He said that the Eagles had decided to tour again and that "it could be the last one -- you never know. We're gonna bring out the walkers and the oxygen. We are starting on the East Coast in July and we're gonna go for a couple of years". He went on to say "here's one of the songs we'll be doing" and they began One of these Nights.

I can only speculate as to what he was alluding to, but when introducing The End of The Innocence, he talked about Bruce Hornsby and what an amazing talent he is. He said "for the last year he's been working on the score for a Broadway musical. It's going to be interesting. Very interesting". So am I to assume BH is writing the Eagles musical that they've discussed doing?
It would seem so.

After Rule The World he did the band intros. After Hotel California he said "You've been wonderful. Thank you so much for this warm welcome. That's whey we keep doing this -- even past retirement age".

Before Desperado he talked about how they wrote it in 1973 in a little house up in Laurel Canyon that was up on stilts.

It was a great evening. He was spot on. The band was rockin' and a good time was had by all. I love, love, love me a little DH.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-04-2013, 12:06 PM
He said that the Eagles had decided to tour again and that "it could be the last one -- you never know. We're gonna bring out the walkers and the oxygen. We are starting on the East Coast in July and we're gonna go for a couple of years". He went on to say "here's one of the songs we'll be doing" and they began One of these Nights.

I'm a happy happy fan!!! Now I really wish I were going to Louisville, although I'll probably go a little crazy when they play it.

I'm so glad you had a great time, but of course I knew you would. I wish I'd been there.

September, uh? If that holds true, I wonder if he'll try to slip in some solo dates during a 'rest' time in the Eagles touring schedule? I hope so!

NYC Fan
04-04-2013, 12:07 PM
HH-
Thanks for the wonderfully detailed report! Sounds like a really special evening with Don.

I love that he mentioned the new WTC buildings. I work across the street from them and I like the defiance comment. It's been a long road back, but it's so good to see them rising up. That must have been a nice moment.

And very cool about Bruce Hornsby. He is so talented. Will definitely be interested in seeing whatever musical he is working on.

Glad you had such a good time and thanks for sharing!

July can't get here soon enough...

Henley Honey
04-04-2013, 12:19 PM
He didn't play The Long Run either. :shock: I was kind of surprised at that omission. Not so much for Everything Is Different Now and Everybody Knows, but I thought he'd definitely play TLR.

Topkat
04-04-2013, 01:07 PM
HH;Thanks so much for the wonderful review & all the details.
Sounds like Don was particularly funny last night & that he was in a great mood.
Glad to hear that he did OOTN...
Love the info about Bruce Hornsby & the possibility he may be working on the Eagles B'way show! Also about the new album...thought it was finished, but he's still working on it???
So glad you had a great time.:thumbsup:
What did you think of the venue? the acoustics, etc? So far I haven't heard much about this place

Brooke
04-04-2013, 01:24 PM
HH, thanks so much for telling us all about it and the tidbits of news. Very interesting!

Glad you had such a good time!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Thanks, HH and I'm sooooo :jealous:. Loved all of Don's chatter, and I'll comment more when I have more time! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
04-04-2013, 03:08 PM
HH-
Thanks for the wonderfully detailed report! Sounds like a really special evening with Don.

I love that he mentioned the new WTC buildings. I work across the street from them and I like the defiance comment. It's been a long road back, but it's so good to see them rising up.

July can't get here soon enough...

It is indeed! I spent much of last week there and saw all the new construction going up! Can't believe you we're so close to me.

HH sounds like you had a great night and I'm so glad to hear that Don was in great form and that he was chatty. Looking forward to the new album, the documentary and hopefully the tour will make Europe.

Houston Debutante
04-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Thank you for the detailed review!

When introducing It Don't Matter To The Sun he spoke of his admiration for the song writers and said "it may be on the solo album. It may not be. We'll see".

He doesn't even know what's going to be on the album yet? At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see "Cass County" until 2014.

Brooke
04-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Yup, definitely not going to be released in May! :-(

Tiffanny Twisted
04-04-2013, 07:00 PM
HH
Thanks for the great review..
I feel like I was with you on your shoulder(at least in spirit)
The man does have a velvet voice...and puts on one hell odf a show.
I too like what he said about the wtc and americans.
Also suprise that the solo work isnt finishes and I too hope that he includes the ITMTTS song....he had me mesmeriozed when he sang it in AC.

Whats this about Bruce HOrnsby??

thanks again for taking hte time to post.
tt

Ive always been a dreamer
04-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Wow - I sure would like to have It Don't Matter To the Sun on Cass County. Don does such a beautiful rendition of the song. But, :mad: about the now September release date for the album. I hope they put him in lockdown in Nashville the entire spring until the album is finished. :wink:

Loved the "Joe Cocker" remark. As far as leaving stuff out of the documentary, I have no doubt. I guess we'll never know. :grin:

And last - I agree that the remark about Bruce Hornsby is very intriguing. You know, Glenn once told, Soda, PLS, and me that one of his goals was that he'd like to score a movie. Now, a Broadway show isn't a movie, but it always made me wonder if he would do the score for the Hotel California musical. I guess we'll see.

Glad you all had a great time, but I didn't really think that was ever in doubt. :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
04-06-2013, 01:16 AM
HH did such a wonderful job reviewing the concert...not a lot more I can say...very happy he had on one of his Don plaid shirts for us...love it!!!

have to say..nothing personal but the bass player was a little lacking to me...but I remember thinking the same thing when I saw Joe solo...hmmm..something was missing...;);)...(only teasing Lance)

The Paramount is an odd venue I think...There are two very long bars in the venue itself...one on each side of the place...you hear a constant din of people talking and laughing constantly...not bothersome during fast loud songs...but when Don Henley is singing a slow song...I want to be able to hear a pin drop in the place...IT'S DON HENLEY YOU IDIOTS...SHUT UP!!!...extremely annoying...and when he was talking...people still were talking...I'm surprised he was so good natured about it all because it was extremely annoying...I thought maybe he was going to say something...but he never did...

my favorite songs were ones that I have never heard him/Eagles do live before...like New York Minute, OOTN, Sunset Grill, End of The Innocence, Last Worthless Evening...

and loved hearing him do "Everybody Wants To Rule The World"...have always loved that song...wonder why he does this song?...but it's great...

I remember thinking as I was sitting there..."I'm watching and hearing a living legend"...

Tiffanny Twisted
04-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the review BJ....
I knew you would love seeing "the Man".

I too love it when he does "everybody wants to rule the world"
He does it with such passion and the audience gets so into it I just wish he would record it..its my favorite verson of the song by any artist.

I was lucky at AC....when the man sayn "It dont matter to the sun" you could hear a pin drop the place was that quiet.

SO......is that three off the bucket list to see solo?????
TBS...jw and DH???? I lost count

Glad a great time was had by all but with HH there...I never doubted it:headbang:

zeldabjr
04-06-2013, 11:33 AM
well four off the list if you count Felder...only missing one now...Mr. Frey!!!...come on Glenn...

Tiffanny Twisted
04-06-2013, 07:02 PM
oh yeah forgot u saw Df

now for the great GF to come aroung...

Brooke
04-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Zelda, thanks for the review! Sounds wonderful! And I would be a bit perplexed at the people talking while the Don was singing! WTH! Things like that never cease to amaze me. Paying all that money to go see and then not paying attention.....crazy!

sodascouts
04-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the review! I'm dismayed about yet another delay on the album release, though.

Outlawman13
04-07-2013, 01:10 PM
That's a pretty rocking review. Love reading those. I can't wait 'til his album comes out. I would love to hear his newest songs.

zeldabjr
04-07-2013, 01:39 PM
I just had one more thought on the concert...I'm sitting here now watching Farewell I while I get ready to go to my great niece's 16th birthday party...One of These Nights is on now...and to hear Don sing that line..."we're gonna find out pretty mama what turns on your lights"...was worth the price of admission!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-07-2013, 01:44 PM
I just had one more thought on the concert...I'm sitting here now watching Farewell I while I get ready to go to my great niece's 16th birthday party...One of These Nights is on now...and to hear Don sing that line..."we're gonna find out pretty mama what turns on your lights"...was worth the price of admission!!!

Definitely!! Of course, in my opinion, everything about this song is worth the price of admission. Which begs the question on why I wasn't there...

Tiffanny Twisted
04-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Ya know that song has become a favorite of mine now that I have seen the great man do it live so many times.....
no wonder HH gets so :faint:

Now dh please put everyone wants to rule the world on some vnyl please,..love that song and yet I am saddened by yet another sols album delay...lol guess he will be too busy touring

StephUK
04-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Some show photos here:

http://www.gregcphotography.com/2013/04/04/don-henley-at-the-paramount/

sodascouts
04-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Excellent! Thanks!

Houston Debutante
04-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Great!