PDA

View Full Version : Joe putting out a new R&B album

VAisForEagleLovers
04-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Here is the teaser link from a few weeks ago:

http://www.examiner.com/article/a-few-clues-emerge-mystery-project-by-joe-walsh-ringo-starr-mick-jagger

Today Billboard has a little more information. I put the same link in the Eagles Tour Talk thread so discussion the Eagles tour that he talks about can take place there. I felt we needed a place to discuss the new album, so here it is...

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1556715/joe-walsh-enlists-dr-john-robert-randolph-for-new-blues-album

WalshFan88
04-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Oh HELL ya!!!! This is what I'm talking about. You go Joe!!!!! :partytime::partytime::partytime:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-09-2013, 06:26 PM
I wondered what you'd think of this, Austin. Glad you're looking forward to it! I am, too!

WalshFan88
04-09-2013, 06:27 PM
I wondered what you'd think of this, Austin. Glad you're looking forward to it! I am, too!

I love, love blues music and also Motown type soul/RnB music.

Prettymaid
04-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Thanks VA. Sounds interesting. Joe confirms that Bernie is going to guest at some of the shows.

This article says the DVD is coming out on the 30th.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-09-2013, 06:53 PM
I am as excited as austin..lol

I have seen robert randolph live and he is so cool..excited he is working with Joe and Jeff beck ect....wow wow wow

mustangkim11
04-09-2013, 07:22 PM
I run hot and cold when it comes to the blues...but since it's Joe, I'd be more inclined to check it out. Could be interesting. I'm glad that he's not waiting so long between releases anymore.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-09-2013, 07:41 PM
I run hot and cold when it comes to the blues...but since it's Joe, I'd be more inclined to check it out. Could be interesting. I'm glad that he's not waiting so long between releases anymore.

Welcome back, MK! At this rate, he'll get a second recent one out before Don gets his first recent one out.

mustangkim11
04-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the welcome back! :wave:

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that Don's new release has been pushed back to Sept now. Wonder why?

Anyway, I'm glad that the boys are getting busy...touring and putting out new material.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-09-2013, 09:56 PM
That is very cool. Joe is a very busy guy these days.

And welcome back from me too, Kim.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Welcome back, MK! At this rate, he'll get a second recent one out before Don gets his first recent one out.
He HE HE this is so true.....:hilarious:

WalshFan88
04-09-2013, 10:06 PM
LOL on the Don thing... It's true lol.

sodascouts
04-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Nice to see you again, Kim!

So Glenn's doing standards/love song covers, Don's (eventually) doing country covers, and now Joe's got an R&B cover album in the works.

What's genre's left? Rap? That can be Timothy's project, lol.

PS. See what happens when you wait too long, Don? You know how you were going to put out an R&B album after you got done with your country album? Well, Joe's stealing your thunder and he's going to beat you to it! The Earlybird gets the worm. ;)

Prettymaid
04-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Nice to see you again, Kim!

So Glenn's doing standards/love song covers, Don's (eventually) doing country covers, and now Joe's got an R&B cover album in the works.

What's genre's left? Rap? That can be Timothy's project, lol.

PS. See what happens when you wait too long, Don? You know how you were going to put out an R&B album after you got done with your country album? Well, Joe's stealing your thunder and he's going to beat you to it! The Earlybird gets the worm. ;)

I was thinking the same thing. Sometimes it does not pay to be a perfectionist...or is Don a procrastinator? I think he's both!

WalshFan88
04-10-2013, 05:34 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Sometimes it does not pay to be a perfectionist...or is Don a procrastinator? I think he's both!

Definitely both!

TimothyBFan
04-10-2013, 07:27 AM
I cannot tell you how happy this makes me!!! Most of you hear know how I love my Blues music and this will be so freaking awesome!!! Thank you Joe!! Now if only Don would get on with his soul album, I'd be all kinds of grateful!!!

Brooke
04-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Cool! Joe is a busy man!

And welcome back MK!

ETA: You know, Don will get to it when he's good and ready. And not before! :lol:

Prettymaid
04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
I think that Joe (and Timothy too, for that matter) just had to get their feet wet. It had been a long time for both of them. I'll bet that the creative process of making a record is just as addicting as the reward they got from the audience approval. No wonder they both want to do it again!

Outlawman13
04-10-2013, 05:34 PM
That will be wonderful to hear Joe do a R&B album. I love all of his songs, and I'm pretty sure this will be amazing too!!!!!!!!!!!

Grey Sadler
04-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Definitely looking forward to this release!! :D

EaglesKiwi
04-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Sounds great, looking forward to it!