PDA

View Full Version : Explosions at Boston Marathon

Henley Honey
04-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Insanity.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/15/explosion-reported-near-finish-line-boston-marathon-spokesman-says/

WalshFan88
04-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Just heard 2 dead, 22 injured.

DC and NY are on alert.

Prettymaid
04-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Oh no.......

WalshFan88
04-15-2013, 04:07 PM
POTUS is sending teams to Boston now.

zeldabjr
04-15-2013, 04:24 PM
sending prayers...

NYC Fan
04-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Absolutely terrible. Prayers to all involved.

Just got the email that our buildings are on heightened alert. Always a little nerve wracking.

So sad, and at such a great event.

Glennhoney
04-15-2013, 05:07 PM
What is wrong with this world???...3rd bomb at JFK Library...so so sad!!!:worried:

timfan
04-15-2013, 05:35 PM
new video just shown on CNN(from the Boston Globe) WOWSERS! from right on the ground below where the explosion occurred

(WARNING content may be disturbing to some)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=046MuD1pYJg&feature=player_embedded

Tiffanny Twisted
04-15-2013, 05:43 PM
sad sad sad:worried::-(:worried::angel:

Outlawman13
04-15-2013, 05:59 PM
Sending my thoughts to Boston!!!!! This is the 3rd bomb?!!!! Man there is something really wrong with this world!!!!

Grey Sadler
04-15-2013, 06:00 PM
This is terrible. I have no words.
:pray:

GlennLover
04-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Terrible, terrible happening. :cry: I was at a seminar at church tonight & we prayed for all those affected by the explosions. :pray:

Just read on the news highlights scrolling across the bottom of the TV screen that police have said that the JFK Library explosion was not related.

TimothyBFan
04-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Another event that is just beyond comprehension!

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-16-2013, 08:46 AM
At the risk of appearing to be the board's resident nutjob, I must ask: does nobody else suspect this was an inside job? I realize this may be opening Pandora's box here...but I want to know if anyone else in here is aware that the government is behind more than most people realize.

Glennsallnighter
04-16-2013, 08:56 AM
As an 'outsider' I would never presume to comment on America's politics.

I lived and worked in Boston for 4 wonderful months in 1989 and it was absolutely heartbreaking to hear of this incident, and to hear the names of my well loved streets being quoted in such an awful incident.

My heart goes out to the people of Boston, and also to the race participants from all over the world. And I sincerely hope and pray that the death toll will rise no further and the injured will recover as fully as possible.

Topkat
04-16-2013, 09:03 AM
At the risk of appearing to be the board's resident nutjob, I must ask: does nobody else suspect this was an inside job? I realize this may be opening Pandora's box here...but I want to know if anyone else in here is aware that the government is behind more than most people realize.

Wow, that's quite a statement....NO I do not believe this was any kind of inside job. Looks like a possible terrorist attack or some kind of nut with a political agenda....They will find out.

Today, I will expect full force of security at Grand Central Station where I work; the dogs will be out in mass & cops everywhere. They do not mess around here. I have to ride the train, which is a hassle to begin with, but this is life in NY...Getting late, gotta leave for work now

Prayers to those in Boston after this tragedy

Brooke
04-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Another senseless tragedy. People are crazy. Prayers for everyone affected.

sodascouts
04-16-2013, 04:35 PM
So awful. I too am praying for those affected.

glenneaglesfan
04-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Shocked and devastated by this atrocious attack. Thoughts and prayers for all affected.

Freypower
04-16-2013, 05:53 PM
As an 'outsider' I would never presume to comment on America's politics.

I lived and worked in Boston for 4 wonderful months in 1989 and it was absolutely heartbreaking to hear of this incident, and to hear the names of my well loved streets being quoted in such an awful incident.

My heart goes out to the people of Boston, and also to the race participants from all over the world. And I sincerely hope and pray that the death toll will rise no further and the injured will recover as fully as possible.

I agree with you. I have been to Boston once, in 1980. It's very sad but I make no further comment.

GlennLover
04-16-2013, 05:59 PM
I've been to Boston a number of times. My husband has family there & he went there annually for vacation until recent years so it does hit close to home. :-(

Ive always been a dreamer
04-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Once again, no words seem adequate as we go through another senseless tragedy. My heart goes out to all of the victims and their families.

Just an aside, but I definitely don't subscribe to any 'inside job' theories.

Windeagle
04-17-2013, 09:37 AM
It's been a bit surreal around here the past few days. I live an hour north of Boston. Thankfully, I didn't know anyone who was there, but it's very strange knowing something like this happened in a place where you walk several times a year.

Houston Debutante
04-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Really sick. What's the world coming to?

Henley Honey
04-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Considering their rivalry, it may be an unprecedented event but I thought it was very telling that the NY Yankees put the Boston Red Socks "B" Red emblem on the side of Yankee Stadium saying "United We Stand". Gotta Love It.

GlennLover
04-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Considering their rivalry, it may be an unprecedented event but I thought it was very telling that the NY Yankees put the Boston Red Socks "B" Red emblem on the side of Yankee Stadium saying "United We Stand". Gotta Love It.

:thumbsup:

tjrrockandrollmaster
04-18-2013, 05:46 PM
I am in the Cape Cod area of Mass and what has happened in Boston was heartbreaking (in fact, had an Autism induced breakdown when this incident compounded to an already bad year for me so far). Being a Bay Stater for just about my whole life, this incident has gotten me so angered that I don't watch TV anymore apart from music things and baseball.

Now I read online what those whacko far right lunatics Glenn Beck (the Mormon Moron (not that I'm bashing Mormons cos I'm not)) and Alex Jones (who sounds like he smoked a carton of Camel unfiltered and needs to go to an asylum ala One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest) saying Obama (who I don't care for) staged the bombings and the problems with guns, in Texas, religion and will now declare martial law and live in a Police State. Jonesy and Becky are the far right equal to Billy Boy Maher (a George Carlin wannabe) who once said "terrorists flying planes into Twin Towers was bravery and Americans were cowards" and Garofaho who spread their leftist agenda and their hatred on people who choose to believe in God/Allah/Buddah/Christ.

It's sons of b*tches like the three aforementioned on why I'm apolitical and find that politics and politicians are crooked, greedy, f****d up, boring sacks of monkey**** (pardon my French). I don't mean to vent it's just times like these I wish I was back in another place and time.

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-18-2013, 07:42 PM
I am in the Cape Cod area of Mass and what has happened in Boston was heartbreaking (in fact, had an Autism induced breakdown when this incident compounded to an already bad year for me so far). Being a Bay Stater for just about my whole life, this incident has gotten me so angered that I don't watch TV anymore apart from music things and baseball.

Now I read online what those whacko far right lunatics Glenn Beck (the Mormon Moron (not that I'm bashing Mormons cos I'm not)) and Alex Jones (who sounds like he smoked a carton of Camel unfiltered and needs to go to an asylum ala One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest) saying Obama (who I don't care for) staged the bombings and the problems with guns, in Texas, religion and will now declare martial law and live in a Police State. Jonesy and Becky are the far right equal to Billy Boy Maher (a George Carlin wannabe) who once said "terrorists flying planes into Twin Towers was bravery and Americans were cowards" and Garofaho who spread their leftist agenda and their hatred on people who choose to believe in God/Allah/Buddah/Christ.

It's sons of b*tches like the three aforementioned on why I'm apolitical and find that politics and politicians are crooked, greedy, f****d up, boring sacks of monkey**** (pardon my French). I don't mean to vent it's just times like these I wish I was back in another place and time.

Alex Jones isn't a rightist, he's the complete opposite of Glenn Beck. He also agrees that polititians are crooked, greedy, and fucked up. That is also why I don't consider myself anything anymore, it's all a joke. What you said about Obama is right, only he's just a puppet, who is really behind it goes back MUCH further than him. There is so much information out there for people who actually research this and dont just believe what mainstream media shoves down our throats. They're trying to make us scared and give up even more of our power and freedoms to them. I could go on all day about this but I gotta get to work now! :hilarious:

tjrrockandrollmaster
04-18-2013, 09:09 PM
Alex Jones isn't a rightist, he's the complete opposite of Glenn Beck. He also agrees that polititians are crooked, greedy, and fucked up. That is also why I don't consider myself anything anymore, it's all a joke. What you said about Obama is right, only he's just a puppet, who is really behind it goes back MUCH further than him. There is so much information out there for people who actually research this and dont just believe what mainstream media shoves down our throats. They're trying to make us scared and give up even more of our power and freedoms to them. I could go on all day about this but I gotta get to work now! :hilarious:

Give me the Red Sox and Monty Python and I'm happy.

timfan
04-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Some special "sports" moments in the wake of this tragedy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KXHN-ETDig
Boston Bruins first game since the bombing. The soloist begins the national anthem but is quickly overtaken by the fans singing in unison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN807-wxPW0

At the New York Yankees baseball game they also played Sweet Caroline in tribute to Boston (Traditionally this song is played at every Boston Red Sox game )

TimothyBFan
04-19-2013, 08:14 AM
Lots going on with this this morning with one of the suspects now dead and the other still on the loose with a massive manhunt right now. They are reported to be brothers from Russia.

Troubadour
04-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Just unbelievable. So tragic. Thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their loved ones.

sodascouts
04-19-2013, 11:51 PM
Well, it seems they've caught the remaining suspect. Just 19! Hopefully that's the end of it and there weren't others involved. I also hope there are no "copycats."

Fleetwood Mac played Boston last night; Stevie dedicated "Landslide" and "Don't Stop" to the people of Boston. My fellow FM fans in Boston were all moved. (Yes, they were there all day, holed up in their hotel.)

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with those affected.

Also, I ask our members to refrain from politicizing this tragedy and using profanity.

zeldabjr
04-20-2013, 01:04 AM
yes..so glad they have the suspect in custody...hope he lives so the justice system can do it's work...

Victim of Love
04-20-2013, 03:24 PM
For those of us with connections to Boston this has been a very stressful week, to say the least. I lived there during my middle schoo and high school years, my brother is still in the area, Mom and Bruce bought a house out there last fall and I've got countless friends all over the great Boston area. I'm so gratefully blessed that nobody I know was directly impacted by the events of the last five days, although emotions will run high for days/weeks/months to come for all of us.

I cannot say enough about the remarkable efforts of all law enforcement personnel and first responders who jumped into action on Monday afternoon without a thought for their own safety, rather putting everyone else first. Boston is a strong, tight-knit community and the city and its people will endure and come back even stronger than before.

Special thanks also to one of my dearest friends on the South Shore who helped me maintain a degree of calm with her remarkable sense of timing and humor. We spoke every day during the ordeal and she helped me keep my perspective thru online contact. As she posted on her FB page lastnight: If you're gonna use a boat to escape, make sure it's in water, NOT Watertown.

Having lived and worked in Boston - and if you have never been there and are not familiar with the level of activity on a normal day - it was no easy fete to bring the city to a halt as they did yesterday. No foot traffic, no transit services, no private vehicles, no activity whatsoever...all unheard of in a metropolis that never sleeps! But you can be sure that there was an abundance of activity behind closed doors as the proud people determined they would NOT surrender to cowardly acts.

God Bless all of the athletes who are paying tribute to not only the victims but to all personnel who participated in the events of this week. My Bruins proudly wore Watertown Police caps during their warm-up, one of the local colleges will be wearing jerseys honoring the four slain victims and holding a special "marathon finish" prior to their game, and Fenway Park is rife with support not only for the Sox but more importantly for the entire Boston community. It's rumored that Neil Diamond is in the stadium and will lead a live version of "Sweet Caroline" during the 7th inning stretch. My heart swells with pride that my beloved city has risen above and prevails.

VIVA LA BOSTON!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Thanks for your thoughts, VOL. It's always good to get insight from those who these incidents hit closest home to whenever these kind of tragedies occur. It really puts a more human perspective on it for us, IMO.

glenneaglesfan
04-21-2013, 04:35 PM
After such atrocities it's good to hear the second suspect is under arrest. What a tragic situation. My thoughts to all those who have been affected,

Brooke
04-22-2013, 02:31 PM
VOL, thanks for your thoughts on this tragic and horrible situation. Hopefully, they will get to the bottom of it and everyone involved is dealt with.