PDA

View Full Version : Terrorism at Glasgow Airport

timfan
06-30-2007, 07:51 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070630/wl_uk_afp/britainattacksfire_10

The events today at the Glasgow Airport; I just find terrifying.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-30-2007, 11:55 PM
I agree tf, this is terrifying. I guess we can take some comfort in the fact that these recent attempts have been unsuccessful, but it still makes you wonder if it's just a matter of time before something happens again. The world is sometimes a very scary place. :(

glenneaglesfan
07-01-2007, 05:29 AM
This comes in the wake of two car bombs being discovered and defused in London. One was outside a nightclub and would have wreaked devastation. I fear these are reprisals against Salman Rushdie's recent knighthood, which many people here think was undiplomatic, to put it mildly. Certainly, I am thinking twice about going to meetings in London now.

EasyFeeling
07-01-2007, 08:37 AM
I heard that in the news today. Terrible!

janisjoplin
07-01-2007, 05:37 PM
This comes in the wake of two car bombs being discovered and defused in London. One was outside a nightclub and would have wreaked devastation. I fear these are reprisals against Salman Rushdie's recent knighthood, which many people here think was undiplomatic, to put it mildly. Certainly, I am thinking twice about going to meetings in London now.

I don't understand the knighting of Salman Rushdie. I've nothing against him but he certainly stirred up a hornet's nest with his novel "Satanic Verses" and he's cost the British tax-payer megabucks for police protection all these years.

The thing I found laughable was when there were massive book-burnings of SV and the majority of those burning the books hadn't even read the book :roll: