PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Tour Reunion (true??)

EaglesFanatic
04-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Saw this today... Is this true or just a rumor? It would be crazy if this did happen though! Please excuse me if there is already a thread that discusses this; I have been out of the loop for quite some time, so I'm sure I am just playing catch-up.

Follow the link below for article...

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-bernie-leadon-tour/

GlennLover
04-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Saw this today... Is this true or just a rumor? It would be crazy if this did happen though! Please excuse me if there is already a thread that discusses this; I have been out of the loop for quite some time, so I'm sure I am just playing catch-up.

Follow the link below for article...

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-bernie-leadon-tour/

Welcome back, EF! That article is the latest news that we have about Bernie possibly joining the History of the Eagles tour. Here is the link where we discuss that & all other things about the tour
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4189

sad-cafe
10-06-2013, 04:04 PM
I truly hope Bernie is enjoying this

sad-cafe
10-29-2013, 10:09 PM
what do you think Bernie is doing between his portions of the show?

zeldabjr
10-29-2013, 10:46 PM
I was wondering the same thing SC...

Brooke
10-30-2013, 09:52 AM
I've wondered that too!

sodascouts
10-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Chillin' with a beer!

Prettymaid
10-30-2013, 09:17 PM
Chillin' with a beer!

Isn't Glenn's no drinking/no drugs rule still in effect? ;-)

sodascouts
10-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Chillin' with... milk and cookies!

Prettymaid
10-30-2013, 10:40 PM

Lol!

MaryCalifornia
10-31-2013, 01:07 AM
Is Bernie married? He could be trying to pull as many hot chicks as possible while he's touring with the Eagles...couple hours to spare in his dressing room...oh that's gross, sorry. (He could pull them, though. Hot ones). E32013, Bernie-style!!! Oh I have got to go to bed.

(p.s. I just tried to find out the answer to my question on Wikipedia, and in the factual information in the little box on the right they list "his" website as bernieleadononline.com - it's Soda's. Classic.)

Ive always been a dreamer
10-31-2013, 01:34 AM
No, mc - I don't believe Bernie is currently married. I doubt if he has any trouble filling his time for an hour or so while the rest of the band is on stage during the 2nd set. Nowadays, I'd bet he does very different stuff with his free time than he would've back in the day - probably boring stuff like reading a book or watching TV. But, who knows, he may still be chasing chicks - ya just never can tell about these things. :grin:

Brooke
10-31-2013, 10:22 AM

I like this idea best!

:rofl:

MaryCalifornia
01-07-2014, 05:16 PM
Has anyone else wondered how Bernie travels on this tour? Is he with the crew? The 4 Eagles? On his own and he just meets up with them? I saw the video of the guys getting off the plane in Nova Scotia and I don't remember seeing him get off and go to a vehicle...We need a mole (for this and many other questions!)

01-07-2014, 07:15 PM
That's a very interesting question, MC. Of course, I have no idea, but I would think between breaks that he would just meet up with them since he lives in Nashville. However, it seems like it would be more practical for him to travel with the band during the tour. I don't remember seeing him in that Nova Scotia video either though. I don't recall if there was a break at that point or not.

Anyway, Bernie has been traveling with the band for six months now. I so hope he continues with the band throughout the entire HOTE tour. Wouldn't it be cool to know how his current contract with the band is structured? I wonder if there was a trial period to see how things worked out with Bernie on the tour? It sure seems like they are all having a good time with it so far.

MaryCalifornia
01-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Crew hotel, or 4 Eagles hotel (I would hope Eagles)? Star dressing room, or regular?

I'll bet the agreement is long and detailed!! It would be a real shame if he weren't on board for the entire tour.

Freypower
01-07-2014, 07:34 PM
As he isn't actually a member of the Eagles he may have backing band status. Surely it would be higher than 'crew'. I don't know how these things are worked out but if he wasn't in that Nova Scotia video then he doesn't have the same status as the four official Eagles do.

01-07-2014, 07:55 PM
As he isn't actually a member of the Eagles he may have backing band status. Surely it would be higher than 'crew'. I don't know how these things are worked out but if he wasn't in that Nova Scotia video then he doesn't have the same status as the four official Eagles do.

Well I dunno, FP, if we can draw such conclusions from that one short video. I'm sure there are many times when all of the band members don't travel together. Just sayin' ...

Springbo
01-07-2014, 10:03 PM

It doesn't matter what his official or legal status is, or what contract he signed to play on this tour. Bernie is and always will be a member of the Eagles, an original member. He plays on the first four Eagles' albums. Why is he being relegated to backing band status?

Freypower
01-07-2014, 10:29 PM
It doesn't matter what his official or legal status is, or what contract he signed to play on this tour. Bernie is and always will be a member of the Eagles, an original member. He plays on the first four Eagles' albums. Why is he being relegated to backing band status?

He is not technically a member of the Eagles NOW. He left the band in 1975 & in my view that makes him a former Eagle. The current members of the Eagles are Frey, Henley, Walsh & Schmit.

No offence or disrespct was meant by suggesting that if he isn't staying in the same accommodation as the four official members of the band he may be staying at the level the backing band stay at. Someone else raised this issue; I merely gave one possible option. I did not say that it was correct.

01-07-2014, 10:51 PM

Of course, Bernie will always be an original member of the band. But he is NOT an official member of the band now. And, as Freypower said, no disrespect is intended by that - it is just a fact. The History of the Eagles Tour Book lists the Eagles as:

Glenn Frey
Don Henley
Joe Walsh
Timothy B. Schmit

Bernie is listed with the backup band members as a 'special guest'. Unless Bernie is not okay with that, it seems to me that it's a non-issue and certainly nothing for anyone to be upset about.

zeldabjr
01-07-2014, 10:55 PM
agree FP and Dreamer...

MaryCalifornia
01-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Yes, he is a former member, nothing complicated or controversial about that fact, right? Whatever the arrangements, they must be acceptable to him. But I doubt he's on their plane. Probably the same hotel, though.

Side note question: Don't you think the backing musicians travel on the same plane and stay in the same hotel as the road crew? Are they afforded some in-between status as far as these two logistical issues go? I'm sure they get dressing rooms and maybe upgraded hotel rooms, but I'm thinking they're treated the same as crew in the big picture. I have a friend who will know how this works, I can ask him...

VAisForEagleLovers
01-07-2014, 11:08 PM
Please do, Mary, but I've never seen the backing band and the crew at the same hotel, it's always been one or the other. However, my guess is it depends on the hotels, the size, the location, etc. I'm not convinced that Glenn, Don, Joe, and Timmy all stay in the same hotel in every city.

LongTimeFan
01-08-2014, 12:16 AM
Here's an interesting video of someone who got to see them arrive at an airport for a concert. Evidently there were at least 2 planes. You'll see Timothy exiting the plane and walking to the right, to an SUV marked 1, and either Don or Glenn. Somewhere it's mentioned Joe was on another plane. Stuart can be seen pretty early on getting into the first group of SUVs. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dKFKeCyxWgI

In the 70's I worked in a hotel where a lot of celebrities/groups stayed and back then the key players stayed in the same hotel but the road crew were on buses sometimes with 2 crews traveling and setting up in different cities. Never saw any of the Eagles, darn it. Sometimes it was fun, sometimes eye-opening, and sometimes it was absolutely awful. I'll never forget how incredibly kind and polite The Average White Band guys were. And at the same time, my best friend was a flight attendant so she'd see a lot of tv/movie people before private planes became the norm.

Springbo
01-08-2014, 12:29 AM
agree FP and Dreamer...

Guess we will have to agree to disagree.

MaryCalifornia
01-08-2014, 01:26 AM
How can you disagree with any of these posts? I had no idea that posting a question about Bernie's travel logistics could devolve into an existential discussion of whether he is currently in the Eagles or not. I think I can say with confidence that EVERYBODY on here admires, likes, and respects Bernie, and I don't think anyone is glad he left the Eagles. It is what it is. I've never seen anything negative said or written about him. There is no "us vs. them" situation here, I don't know why you try to turn it into that.

juana_vaina
01-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Here you can't disagree springboo, don't you see that this is not a forum? It's a farce. I know I will be banned, but so many have fallen by the way...

Grey Sadler
01-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Here you can't disagree springboo, don't you see that this is not a forum? It's a farce. I know I will be banned, but so many have fallen by the way...

If you think it is such a farce, then why are you still here? :)
We have guidelines...maybe you should read them. You don't get banned for following guidelines.

01-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Okay - let's stop with the negativity please. The point has been made. It's time to get this thread back on track.

Side note question: Don't you think the backing musicians travel on the same plane and stay in the same hotel as the road crew? Are they afforded some in-between status as far as these two logistical issues go? I'm sure they get dressing rooms and maybe upgraded hotel rooms, but I'm thinking they're treated the same as crew in the big picture. I have a friend who will know how this works, I can ask him...

MC, from my experiences, it just depends on the situation as VA said. I think most of the time, the band stays at a separate hotel than the backing musicians, but not always. I can think of several incidences where they stayed in the same hotel. I also know that there are times when the road crew and backing musicians stayed at the same hotel, but I don't know if that is the norm or not. It'll be interesting to get your friend's insight on this as well.

MaryCalifornia
01-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Sorry, Springbo. I was tired and crabby last night and didn't understand why you would disagree with mods who took the time to explain to you the reality of Bernie's current role in the band. You came across as a little belligerent, but even though I started the discussion, it's really none of my business, so, sorry.

OK, here is my friend's response - totally in line with VA and Dreamer's thoughts, and interesting about the "A,B,C parties" - maybe that's what the Eagles do. And I can see how NYC vs. Saskatoon would result in different logistics. The thought that even the 4 guys might not stay in the same hotel - their travel agents need travel agents!
Mary,

Short answer is it’s different on every tour.

U2 doesn’t have backing musicians so the band party is the 4 of them, security and the management entourage.

DM has 3 principal members and 2 touring band members. They all travel together on the same plan and stay at the same hotel.

When I toured with the Eurythmics, We had the A,B & C party. Artist, Band and Crew. Three separate travel schedules. Three separate hotels.

I hope all is well,
C----

Edit: I'm an idiot. Just to demonstrate how tired and crabby I was last night, I just remembered he was with the Eagles on the European leg of HFO, and I failed to ask him specifically about that! I'll try again...oy...

sodascouts
01-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Here's an interesting video of someone who got to see them arrive at an airport for a concert. Evidently there were at least 2 planes. You'll see Timothy exiting the plane and walking to the right, to an SUV marked 1, and either Don or Glenn. Somewhere it's mentioned Joe was on another plane. Stuart can be seen pretty early on getting into the first group of SUVs. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dKFKeCyxWgI

In the 70's I worked in a hotel where a lot of celebrities/groups stayed and back then the key players stayed in the same hotel but the road crew were on buses sometimes with 2 crews traveling and setting up in different cities. Never saw any of the Eagles, darn it. Sometimes it was fun, sometimes eye-opening, and sometimes it was absolutely awful. I'll never forget how incredibly kind and polite The Average White Band guys were. And at the same time, my best friend was a flight attendant so she'd see a lot of tv/movie people before private planes became the norm.

Interesting - thanks!

thelastresort
01-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Kinda related, I guess, so I might as well ask. Back in the HFO era / tour, bearing in mind the events of the last 14 years and ongoing tensions, did each member use individual hotels / transport (not planes obviously) to get about or could they abide each other enough to actually be in the same building together? I'm assuming they're a lot more laid back now than they were back in the mid-90s.

sodascouts
01-08-2014, 09:03 PM
I think Felder said they all had separate SUVs, but the five band members stayed in the same hotel.