PDA

View Full Version : Beaumont, TX 04-20-13

sodascouts
04-21-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm back in Houston and I only have time to give a brief overview before my parents get back from church and we go get lunch. I'll give more details later.

This was a charity gala so I knew it would be different - not a concert atmosphere, much more subdued. It was actually more energetic than I thought. My table was way in the back, but it gave me the opportunity to stand at the back and dance, and when other people saw me, they started joining me. Before long we had fifty people back there dancing and partying (I'm sure the fact that there was unlimited free wine flowing helped that, lol). Too bad we weren't closer!

Beforehand I walked around and spotted Michael Thompson. We chatted and he took a photo of me in my dress for me on my camera. I told him where I was sitting and later, he and Scott Crago came out and talked with me some more. Made me feel special! ;)

Some info Don mentioned in between songs:

Eagles dates in the fall will include Texas.
"It Don't Matter to the Sun" will definitely be on Cass County ("and don't put it on YouTube!")

Setlist (I grabbed a copy):

Dirty Laundry
Witchy Woman
Sunset Grill
Everything Is Different Now
New York Minute
Last Worthless Evening
One of These Nights
It Don't Matter to the Sun
End of the Innocence
Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Heart of the Matter
Boys of Summer
All She Wants to Do Is Dance
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California

"Desperado" was on the written setlist but was not played. I think Don must have been leaving directly from the show back to Houston (they flew in and out of IAH) because not only did he leave off "Desperado" but he started early! Imagine that!

He talked about how he was from East Texas ("a little north of here") and to me, it seemed he probably played the relatively small town of Beaumont for precisely this reason, as well as the fact that the Christus charity does good work.

I daresay the Eagles won't be playing my old hometown anytime soon, though!

sodascouts
04-21-2013, 12:42 PM
The Beaumont Enterprise has put up some photos already:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/628x471-2.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/628x471-3.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/628x471-4.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/628x471-5.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/628x471-6.jpg

Outlawman13
04-21-2013, 12:52 PM
That is an amazing review Nancy and glad that you had a rocking time!!!! LOL. Love the pictures of Don so much!!!! That's too cool that you got to talk to Michael Thompson!!! LOL lucky. Love the look of the set list. So many awesome songs on it. I can't wait for the Eagles to come to Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm super excited!!!!! Did he say where in Texas?

sodascouts
04-21-2013, 01:02 PM
No specific towns were given, but I figure we'll get Houston and Dallas, maybe Austin.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Soda, I'm so glad you had such a good time. Of course, it was never in any doubt with Don driving the bus, so to speak.

Hmmm, Texas in the fall. Maybe that means warmer places, like Miami for winter.

Outlawman13
04-21-2013, 01:21 PM
OHHH I'm hoping in Austin or Houston.

Don is a wonderful singer and so glad that you had the most amazing time Nancy!!!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the review Soda. I had no doubt that you would have a great time. Glad you got to chat with Michael and Scott - they are so sweet. And glad Don gave us a few little scoops. I am sooooo glad that It Don't Matter to the Sun will be on Cass County. :applause:

Tiffanny Twisted
04-21-2013, 02:15 PM
First I love the pictures you posted.
DH looks Hot
its cool to see what that venue was set up like since it wasnt really a"true concert" type venue.

YOu look marvolous darling...hair dress accessories and that million dollar Nancy smile.
It was so cool and kind of Michael thompson to take your picture and Scott and Michael to come back and visit.

Love that It dont matter to the sun will be on Cass Co. I loved heaing him do that song live at the revel. OOH and he did my next fave" Everybody wants to rule the world" which he has never recorded.:headbang:
have a safe journey home Nancy and enjoy your visit with your parents

GlennLover
04-21-2013, 02:40 PM
So cool that you got to talk with Michael again & with Scott. :jealous: Had you talked with Scott before too? Glad you had a good time & thanks for the review.

I'm happy to hear that "It Don't Matter To The Sun" will be on the Cass County CD. I love listening to Don sing it. I would buy the CD for that song alone.

Grey Sadler
04-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Looks/sounds like you had a great time, Nancy! :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
04-21-2013, 08:14 PM
so glad you had a great time...as if there was a doubt...looks and sounds like Mr. Henley was in fine form as usual...I can picture you up dancin' in your purple gown...Love it...

NYC Fan
04-21-2013, 08:46 PM
Sounds like a really nice evening. Glad you had a great time! I like the sound of Fall dates as well :) Thanks for the report!

sodascouts
04-21-2013, 09:36 PM
And for those who wanted to see the "finished product" of our fashion efforts, here is a photo I took in the hotel beforehand in the mirror:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/HotelDress2013-01.jpg

And here is me at my table:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/Gala2013-05.jpg

And that's all folks! lol

Freypower
04-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Very nice, as always. You look beautiful. :partytime:

Tiffanny Twisted
04-21-2013, 09:41 PM
wow what an awsosme Nancy adventure.
you look beautiful in all your pictures and it sounds like Don was great too.
(and scott and Michael)
thanks for sharing

VAisForEagleLovers
04-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Very nice, as always. You look beautiful. :partytime:

Couldn't have said it better myself!!

Grey Sadler
04-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Gorgeous, girl!!!! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
04-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Thank you so much, guys!

Outlawman13
04-22-2013, 12:50 AM
Very stunning in your final "product". LOL. Thanks for sharing everything Nancy!!!!

GlennLover
04-22-2013, 08:05 AM
Beautiful!

prayfordaylight
04-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the review. You look gorgeous!

Brooke
04-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Soda, wow, you do look just beautiful! Love the dress and your hair! Perfect!

Glad you had a good time and it's very cool that you got to talk to MT and SC! Thanks for filling us in and the pics! :thumbsup:

Houston Debutante
04-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Sounds like a great show and love the dress! Terrific to hear that the Eagles are planning on coming to Texas in the fall! I can't wait!

Witchy Woman
04-22-2013, 12:13 PM
You look great, Nancy !! I'm so glad you found a fantastic dress, and that you enjoyed yourself seeing Don !! Well, how could you not enjoy yourself seeing Don !!

sodascouts
04-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Thank you for your kind words, guys!

This was a cool show for me in a lot of ways. In addition to it being important for me to go because it's my old hometown and I figure odds are he (or any other Eagle) will never play it again, it was also lots of fun to visit my parents and, of course, dress up!

Additionally, I have seen Don solo every odd year now since 2005. As it looks like he might not have an opportunity to tour for Cass County this year thanks to its release date being pushed back and the Eagles tour, this may have been my only chance to continue the trend and see him in 2013! I'm glad I took it! (Weird how that worked out for me - 2005 with Stevie in Chicago, 2007 in Dallas, 2009 in Chicago again, 2011 in Oklahoma, and 2013 in Beaumont! Hopefully I'll see you in 2015, Don! lol)

sad-cafe
04-22-2013, 06:01 PM
you look really nice

NYC Fan
04-22-2013, 06:14 PM
You look great and. I love that dress! Thanks for all the details of your big night! Sounds like a blast.

Lisa
04-22-2013, 09:38 PM
I hope you had a wonderful time at the gala--your outfit looked spectacular from the pictures you posted!

WalshFan88
04-23-2013, 02:59 AM
Glad it was a good show and your dress was very nice! Great photo!

Would love to see a Don solo show one of these days.

Glennsallnighter
04-23-2013, 03:47 AM
Glad you enjoyed the evening Soda, and it was lovely to be able to chat with the band members. You looked absolutely stunning - the dress and pearls really suit you.

EaglesKiwi
04-26-2013, 05:01 AM
You looked lovely, Nancy!! (Purple is my favourite colour, too).

Sounds like you had a great time - not only a special occasion but in your (old) home town too.

I'm over the moon to hear IDMTTS will be on Cass County. Now we just need to actually GET the album... (Don - :whip:).

Topkat
04-27-2013, 10:31 AM
You looked lovely in the dress, hair also looks great. I'm so glad you enjoyed it & got to speak with Micheal & Scott...
Great set list, but pretty surprised he did not do Desperado!!! He sure must have been in a rush of a hurry to cut that from the show!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-27-2013, 06:19 PM
You really did look lovely, Nanc and I knew you'd have a great time. Glad to got a chance to chat with Michael and Scott again - such sweeties they are!

StephUK
04-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Agree with everyone else here Nancy - you looked great.

Don always 'omes up with the goods' at his shows doesn't he? glad you enjoyed the evening.

StephUK
04-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Oops! My last post should have read
'Don always 'comes up with the goods'...........