PDA

View Full Version : Al Qaeda inspired terror plot foiled in Toronto, Canada

timfan
04-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Jeepers! :woah: A foiled terror plot was just announced where apparently two men planned to attack a train in Toronto. Even more scary given the Boston incident. Terrifying indeed! :fear:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/al-qaeda-backed-terror-plot-derail-toronto-train/story?id=19017037#.UXWe_jFzaic

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/04/22/suspects_in_toronto_terror_plot_arrested_sources.h tml

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/04/22/two-men-arrested-over-al-qaeda-inspired-plan-to-attack-a-via-rail-train-in-the-greater-toronto-area/

VAisForEagleLovers
04-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Yipes! This is exactly the kind of thing I was stressing about on the train-ride-from-hell last week, with three trains' worth of people stuffed on to one, and going to Philly's crowded station in downtown. Nothing happened, though.

It's so scary about how vulnerable we are in so many ways, and one wonders at the logic used to even conceive of these kinds of things.

zeldabjr
04-22-2013, 08:47 PM
very scary...I've never taken a train...what kind of security do you have to go through before boarding?

GlennLover
04-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Thank God that tese people were stopped before they could carry out their acts of terrorism! Scary!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-22-2013, 09:03 PM
very scary...I've never taken a train...what kind of security do you have to go through before boarding?

None, though because of what happened in Boston, there were plenty of police and they said they might do random bag searches. I didn't see them do any.

Glennsallnighter
04-23-2013, 03:44 AM
The Powers that be seem to ave been monitoring this for the last 8 months or so but it does show! Nowhere is truly safe.

prayfordaylight
04-23-2013, 07:58 AM
None, though because of what happened in Boston, there were plenty of police and they said they might do random bag searches. I didn't see them do any.

I used to take the train in/out of DC a lot and was always shocked there was no security. I've never seen cops or bag searches in NYC, Philly or DC.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-23-2013, 09:34 AM
I used to take the train in/out of DC a lot and was always shocked there was no security. I've never seen cops or bag searches in NYC, Philly or DC.

You would have seen them last week! Less than an hour after the bombing in Boston and Union Station was full of police and police dogs. Since I didn't know about the bombing at the time, it was a bit disconcerting.

Brooke
04-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Very scary. Just what is the world coming to? Why do people have to be so mean? And why would any God promote this?

Mine does not!

Topkat
04-23-2013, 10:55 AM
They have cops doing bag searches at my train stop, but it is random. Something could get past it. I do see bomb sniffing dogs at Grand Central Station quite often. The unit is near by. I have passed it, seeing lots of dogs there. Once I saw a random bag left in a corner & told a cop with a dog, & they went right over to check it. They do the best they can, but to cover everything is probably just impossible.