PDA

View Full Version : Glenn at the Happiest Place on Earth...?

AEW21
04-28-2013, 12:23 AM
Andy Richter, actor, comedian, Conan's sidekick posted this tonight on Twitter:

Pic is blurry, but looks...Glenn-esque. ;) (And maybe Deacon?) If true, the man must be jetlegged beyond belief. Quick turnaround from London back to Disneyland, but it is in his homestate. And sweet to get back to family so quick.

Andy Richter‏@AndyRichter1h
Conan might be killing in DC, but I'm having dinner next to Glenn Frey in Disneyland! pic.twitter.com/1eWVhEJWMT

I don't seem to be able to embed the tweet here (is HTML not enabled?)

sodascouts
04-28-2013, 12:38 AM
HTML isn't enabled because spammers can post all sorts of crap if you enable it. However, I'll embed the photo for you:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BI6ESISCAAAhQWl.jpg

AEW21
04-28-2013, 02:50 AM
Thanks! I'm thinking it must be him--why would Richter make it up? It's a "Top Tweet" so it's getting attention...

Cute sighting, though I'd have thought the "thrill would be gone" (ha!) for the littlest Frey at Disney, but maybe I'm underestimating what 11/12-year-old boys lik there--is Harry Potter exhibit there? I always get Disneyland and -World confused. Maybe there for another friend-family event, who knows.

Have to watch Conan On Monday to see if Andy brings it up.

Glennsallnighter
04-28-2013, 06:07 AM
They love Disney at any age. Mine have been to the Paris one 3 times already and still want to go back. My eldest was 12 last week.

Cute pic and tweet. Thanks for posting it

Tiffanny Twisted
04-28-2013, 10:01 AM
i think if i was somewhere and looked over to see gf there I would pass ot lol:hilarious:

GlennLover
04-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Isn't Otis' birthday today or tomorrow?

Glennhoney
04-28-2013, 01:01 PM
I think it's on Monday..:birthday:

Ive always been a dreamer
04-28-2013, 01:20 PM
That looks like Deacon in the picture with Glenn and that's probably Cindy's head right above his shoulder. They also just had birthdays. Don't see Otis, but he must be there somewhere. As they say Disney is for kids of all ages.

GlennLover
04-28-2013, 01:36 PM
I think it's on Monday..:birthday:

I do too. :birthday:

Henley Honey
04-28-2013, 03:52 PM
See, now I think that's kind of intrusive. No? He's just hanging with his family and that should be -- IMO -- off limits. Yeah he's a public figure, but he's also entitled to some down time, some family time. JMO.

sodascouts
04-28-2013, 04:01 PM
I see what you mean, but it seems Andy Richter, who is also a celebrity and knows what that's like, didn't think he'd mind. He must've known it would get back to Glenn.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-28-2013, 04:07 PM
See, now I think that's kind of intrusive. No? He's just hanging with his family and that should be -- IMO -- off limits. Yeah he's a public figure, but he's also entitled to some down time, some family time. JMO.

I agree. Much as I love seeing pics of the guys, planned or not, I always feel a bit guilty looking at pictures like this. You'd think, given who Andy is, he'd do things a little differently, but I guess it's kind of cool that he's as in awe of Glenn as we are. Or at least somewhat!

I can't even imagine sitting somewhere eating and taking a picture of another diner regardless of who it might be. Tweeting later that I saw that person is one thing, posting a pic is another. The fact that the pic is so blurry tells me it was done hurriedly and 'on the sly'.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-28-2013, 04:10 PM
yep I agree woth you va

He must have been dumb struck or star struck himself

Henley Honey
04-28-2013, 04:28 PM
yep I agree woth you va

He must have been dumb struck or star struck himself

Yet that doesn't negate the fact that Glenn with his family should be off limits. It just gives me a bad vibe. Let the man be with his family.

NYC Fan
04-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Yet that doesn't negate the fact that Glenn with his family should be off limits. It just gives me a bad vibe. Let the man be with his family.

I agree. Tweeting, maybe the next day, that he saw him is ok, but I think a picture like that is intrusive.

Freypower
04-28-2013, 06:57 PM

I agree, but it's nice to see it, in a way. He's been busy.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-28-2013, 06:58 PM
i do agree .

Freypower
04-28-2013, 07:03 PM
It begs the question; do you think photos of him at Lakers games are intrusive?!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-28-2013, 07:15 PM
I guess I don't because all the celebrities go there and know they'll get photographed and even put up on the big screen. It's the Lakers culture. They even publish seating charts that tell you where the celebrities sit. Now, a Clippers game I might feel differently about.

Anywhere else, if you go up to him, shake his hand, ask for a picture, that's cool, but to sneak in a picture of someone who doesn't know they're being photographed, well, that makes you no better than paparazzi.

Elizasong
04-28-2013, 09:53 PM
I agree. Much as I love seeing pics of the guys, planned or not, I always feel a bit guilty looking at pictures like this. You'd think, given who Andy is, he'd do things a little differently, but I guess it's kind of cool that he's as in awe of Glenn as we are. Or at least somewhat!

I can't even imagine sitting somewhere eating and taking a picture of another diner regardless of who it might be. Tweeting later that I saw that person is one thing, posting a pic is another. The fact that the pic is so blurry tells me it was done hurriedly and 'on the sly'.

I have to agree with both these points. If you asked him to take his picture that's one thing but sneaking a picture is wrong.

GlennLover
04-28-2013, 10:11 PM
HH & VA, I agree with you both.

AEW21
04-28-2013, 11:45 PM
See, to me, it would have crossed the line into "obtrusive" or "insensitive" if he had actually interrupted Glenn's family time and said "Hey, I want a photo!" or made an obnoxious spectacle of himself taking the photo, calling Glenn's name, etc. From all accounts, he did it on the sly--probably just with his phone, from his table, over his shoulder--very quietly, not bothering Glenn or his kin. Like others here, have said, Andy himself is a celeb and knows what it's like to be pestered during private time, hence was it was done low-key and low-tech. Look at how blurry is is--if he hadn't said who it was, would anyone have know it was Glenn?

My impression it was posted out of "Gee Wiz!" sort of mentality--"Look who I was by!" No malicious intent, just a "You see the darnest people at Disney!" sort of thing. And as for calling attention to Glenn's private life--Andy mentions nothing about who Glenn was with or why. We all knew that and filled it in ourselves.

I think it's rather cute and fun--no harm done. In the days where Twitter is known more for vacuous sightings of Bieber and his renegade monkey or a starlet without underwear, it's nice to see a celebrity sighting by another celebrity, both of whom have talent, and value family time. To paraphrase Disney itself, "It's a small world afterall..."

Freypower
04-28-2013, 11:58 PM
See, to me, it would have crossed the line into "obtrusive" or "insensitive" if he had actually interrupted Glenn's family time and said "Hey, I want a photo!" or made an obnoxious spectacle of himself taking the photo, calling Glenn's name, etc. From all accounts, he did it on the sly--probably just with his phone, from his table, over his shoulder--very quietly, not bothering Glenn or his kin. Like others here, have said, Andy himself is a celeb and knows what it's like to be pestered during private time, hence was it was done low-key and low-tech. Look at how blurry is is--if he hadn't said who it was, would anyone have know it was Glenn?

My impression it was posted out of "Gee Wiz!" sort of mentality--"Look who I was by!" No malicious intent, just a "You see the darnest people at Disney!" sort of thing. And as for calling attention to Glenn's private life--Andy mentions nothing about who Glenn was with or why. We all knew that and filled it in ourselves.

I think it's rather cute and fun--no harm done. In the days where Twitter is known more for vacuous sightings of Bieber and his renegade monkey or a starlet without underwear, it's nice to see a celebrity sighting by another celebrity, both of whom have talent, and value family time. To paraphrase Disney itself, "It's a small world afterall..."

That's what I tend to think.

TimothyBFan
04-29-2013, 07:22 AM
I completely agree with you AEW21. I think it would be much worse to have interrupted his family time. Besides, chances are really great that Glenn didn't even notice it being taken.

WalshFan88
04-29-2013, 07:27 AM
I agree AEW21... It was just a picture. Not like he went up to him or bothered his meal with his family, just took a picture in a fairly public place. Lots of people do that when they are sitting next to someone like that from one celeb to another. JMO.

prayfordaylight
04-29-2013, 08:15 AM
Cute sighting, though I'd have thought the "thrill would be gone" (ha!) for the littlest Frey at Disney, but maybe I'm underestimating what 11/12-year-old boys lik there--is Harry Potter exhibit there? I always get Disneyland and -World confused. Maybe there for another friend-family event, who knows.

Harry Potter World is at Universal Orlando. They're just about to start building the one at Universal Hollywood.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-29-2013, 09:05 AM

It's so blurry it's hard to tell, but Glenn has a hand in front of his face, and Deacon is leaning over so that the person beside him is hidden. I think they knew and were bothered, and the blurriness is from Andy trying to get in a quick pic while they were trying to hide themselves.

Even if they hadn't noticed, I'm sure they'd be bothered when it appeared all over Twitter. Given Glenn's intense dislike for social media and his lifelong aim for privacy, there's really no way it wouldn't bother him, IMO.

As for Andy being a celeb and knowing how it is, I'll just say that Andy has always come off to me as being someone who could care less about anything. That's the most polite way I can think of to put it. I've never heard him attempt to be polite or considerate, but that was back when he was with Conan the first time and I stopped watching because of him. I did think it was cute that he was awed enough to see Glenn that he wanted to sneak in a picture, but he seriously wouldn't care what Glenn thought of it, IMO.

Obviously we each have different opinions, and for me it comes down to a Golden-Rule-type of thing. If someone aimed a camera phone at me during a dinner I'd be in their face. I wouldn't do it to others because I wouldn't want it done to me. Andy is a bit of an attention hog, so I can where he'd think this was a great thing and he'd love it if someone did it to him.

sodascouts
04-29-2013, 11:38 AM
If they knew they were having their photo taken and were displeased, Glenn could have said something and Andy wouldn't have dared to post it. Even if Andy didn't care initially, Glenn is good at getting people to do what he wants. Either Glenn didn't know or he didn't care enough to say something.

And it's Don who hates social media and closely guards his privacy. Glenn has a Facebook. I think he's bemused by social media, but I don't remember him ever expressing "intense dislike" for it. If I've missed a quote where he's done so (which is always possible), please point me to it and I'll change my tune.

It's quite possible he wouldn't like the photo circulating and I understand what you're saying, but I try to be careful about putting opinions into Glenn's mouth that he hasn't actually expressed.

AEW21
05-02-2013, 01:22 AM
I get the impression from Twitter that Andy and Conan discussed Glenn tonight. I missed the show, do no idea exactly what...?

VAisForEagleLovers
05-02-2013, 07:03 AM
I got the same impression from all the tweets this morning. Maybe his show will be online somewhere sometime today? I don't think I even know what network he's on.

TimothyBFan
05-02-2013, 07:17 AM
I got the same impression from all the tweets this morning. Maybe his show will be online somewhere sometime today? I don't think I even know what network he's on.

Isn't he on TBS now? I'm thinking I've seen the commercials for it there.

Prettymaid
05-02-2013, 08:03 AM
That picture is of such poor quality, why even post it as 'proof'? Just tweet that you saw Glenn Frey. Now if the photo had turned out better...

I'll have to admit, if I was sitting close to a celebrity in this kind of circumstance, I would try to sneak a picture, too.

AEW21
05-02-2013, 11:57 AM
it was like less than two minutes--I caught it on the 1AM reshowing. Conan was talking about all the celebs he saw at the White House correspondence dinner, and Andy mentioned seeing Glenn at Disney and being really excited and his wife told him to calm down. :) He said he snuck a photo which is blurry and mostly of Andy's wife's shoulder and a blurry haze of Glenn in mid-bite of food. (Conan: "So we just have to take your word it's actually Glenn Frey?") Then they figured they had to drop the topic because" half the audience has no idea who we're talking about." :-(

I suppose that might be true, his demo does skew young, though I and others here are probably in that age group and would have no problem identifying and hearing chatter about Glenn. ;)