PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody!

cricrichan
05-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Hi people! I've just joined the Border! My name is Cristina (but everybody calls me Cricrichan), I'm 36 and I'm from Italy so ... sorry for my bad English ;-) I've been a fan of The Eagles since I was a child, but I re-discovered their music over the last 2/3 months :heart: My favourite Eagle is Timothy B. Schmit, I love his voice and his sensitivity. I'm not so good with technology, so be patient with me :spin:

zeldabjr
05-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Hi Cricrichan...welcome to the Border...I know you will love it here...As you can probably tell Timothy is my favorite too!!...you have great taste!!! and I think you're doing fine with the English!

cricrichan
05-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Thank you :) You're very kind! I'm sure I'll love to stay here!!! I'm very glad to share my love for Timothy and The Eagles with you and the other Border's members :grin:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Welcome to The Border!! It's great to have you here!

Tiffanny Twisted
05-05-2013, 07:49 PM
welcome and glad you found us:)
may you enjoy your time here.
sit down and stay a while..you will be glad you did...

cricrichan
05-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Thanks a lot for your friendly welcome ^_^

Grey Sadler
05-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Hey Cricrichan! :wave:
Welcome to the Border!!

cricrichan
05-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks!!! :)

Witchy Woman
05-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Welcome, Cricrichan !!

WalshFan88
05-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Welcome!

Prettymaid
05-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Welcome to The Border, CC! If you like the Eagles and TBS, I think you're going to like it here!

Outlawman13
05-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Welcome Cricrichan!!!! I know you will enjoy yourself on this board. You will fit right in!!!

cricrichan
05-06-2013, 02:10 AM
Thank you all ;)

NYC Fan
05-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Cricrichan-

Welcome! You will enjoy it here.

What part of Italy are you from? I love Italy. So pretty there.

Enjoy!

sodascouts
05-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Welcome! Like NYC fan, I love Italy. I think the Amalfi Coast is the most beautiful area in the world - no exaggeration. If I ever get married and we can afford it, I'd love to honeymoon in Positano.

NYC Fan
05-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Welcome! Like NYC fan, I love Italy. I think the Amalfi Coast is the most beautiful area in the world - no exaggeration. If I ever get married and we can afford it, I'd love to honeymoon in Positano.

Soda-

I spent 2 weeks on the Amalfi Coast last September and it was wonderful. Sorrento, Capri, Amalfi, with day trips to Ravello and Positano.

Had a lovely meal here, if you do go sometime!

www.daadolfo.com

Also went to Tuscany 3 years ago, just outside of Montalcino and it was stunning. I adored Montalcino and the surrounding area. Brunello area!

Don't mean to threadjack, Cricrichan! So many wonderful places in Italy to visit, and the people are always so kind, even as we stumble though our terrible Italian :)

Brooke
05-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the Border, CC! Enjoy!

cricrichan
05-06-2013, 06:08 PM
NYC Fan, Soda and Brooke - Thank you :D

I'm from Turin (Piedmont) in the northwest Italy. I have been neither to the Amalfi Coast nor to Tuscany, but some friends of mine who have been there said to me it was a lovely place.

NYC Fan - Thanks for the link of Adolfo's website!

I like very much the pronunciation of American/English people who speak Italian ;) If you have any questions or doubts about my language, please ask me whatever you want ^_^

Glennsallnighter
05-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Welcome from me too Cricrichan. Its great to have another European on the Board! Have fun here! been to Italy twice I think!

cricrichan
05-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Welcome from me too Cricrichan. Its great to have another European on the Board! Have fun here! been to Italy twice I think!

NYC Fan
05-07-2013, 07:42 AM
I'm from Turin (Piedmont) in the northwest Italy. I have been neither to the Amalfi Coast nor to Tuscany, but some friends of mine who have been there said to me it was a lovely place.

I like very much the pronunciation of American/English people who speak Italian ;) If you have any questions or doubts about my language, please ask me whatever you want ^_^

I've never been to Turin (closest for me was Milan and Lake Lugano), but it looked so beautiful when they had the Olympics there. Such a lovely setting with the mountains. Looks like a nice place for a ski vacation! :)

cricrichan
05-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Uhhh it was so beautiful here during the Olympic Winter Games! There was a magic atmosphere with so many people from all over the world! I agree, Turin it's for sure a nice place for a ski vacation :) I do love to live near the mountains and I always take a nature walk in my free time, but unfortunately I'm not good at any winter sports :nope:

sad-cafe
05-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Welcome fellow Timothy B fan! There is Tons of information. Plan to spend some time here!

cricrichan
05-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Thank you! Very happy to spend my time here :D

Ive always been a dreamer
05-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Welcome from me too, Cristina. Sorry I'm a little late to this, but I'm glad you found us and hope you love it here on The Border. Your English sounds fine to me. I always say I admire those who have enough courage to post on the board when English is not their native language. If you like talking about the Eagles, you're in the right place no matter what language you speak. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
05-12-2013, 02:27 AM
just curious Cricrichan where you are from in Italy...I have always wanted to visit there...every picture of Italy I've ever seen looks beautiful!

cricrichan
05-12-2013, 05:18 AM
Welcome from me too, Cristina. Sorry I'm a little late to this, but I'm glad you found us and hope you love it here on The Border. Your English sounds fine to me. I always say I admire those who have enough courage to post on the board when English is not their native language. If you like talking about the Eagles, you're in the right place no matter what language you speak. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Thank you so much! No worries for your late ;) I was a bit worried about the language before posting for the first time, but in the end I thought to myself: "It doesn't matter! It's great for me to be here and have the chance to meet (and talk to) some other Eagles' fans from all over the world! - and it's also a good way to improve my English^^" :D

cricrichan
05-12-2013, 05:20 AM
just curious Cricrichan where you are from in Italy...I have always wanted to visit there...every picture of Italy I've ever seen looks beautiful!

Oh, just curious Zelda :) If you ever come to Turin, please let me know! I would be very glad to give you some advice on nice places to visit ^_^

Houston Baby
05-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Welcome Cricrichan! I joined The Border the same time as you. You are doing so well with your English. I took Italian for a year in school after taking Spanish for 2 years. My Italian teacher said I was speaking Italian with a Spanish accent! :hilarious:

prayfordaylight
05-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Welcome!

cricrichan
05-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Thank you HB and PFD :D

HB - Italian and Spanish are very similar languages ;) I know some people from Colombia and Argentina and I do like their Spanish accent when they speak Italian :thumbsup:

cricrichan
05-15-2013, 05:15 AM
Thank you Springbo! Nice to meet you!!! :)

SallyGee
06-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Sorry it's taken me so long, but welcome. I am also a huge Timothy fan.

cricrichan
06-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Thank you SG :D Nice to meet another TBS fan!!!