PDA

View Full Version : Happy Independence Day! (USA)

sodascouts
07-04-2007, 01:12 AM
For those who celebrate it, happy American Independence Day!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/holiday/4th_july_graphics_04.gif

glenneaglesfan
07-04-2007, 03:13 AM
Happy Independence Day to everyone in the USA!

Randy's Girl
07-04-2007, 05:02 AM
Happy Independence Day from me too!

How are you all celebrating it (I'm curious :D ). Anything special planned?

Mrs Frey
07-04-2007, 07:28 AM
A Happy Independence Day from me, too, to all of you in the US of A! :D

Marco
07-04-2007, 07:30 AM
Happy Independence Day :lol:

sodascouts
07-04-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm keeping it simple - I'm going to see the fireworks tonight, but it's a normal day otherwise.

DonFan
07-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Happy 4th of July to everyone from me, too!
Hubby is grillling barbecue ribs for a big neighborhood cookout, then we are all watching the fireworks display tonight.

Glennsallnighter
07-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Happy Independence Day from me too. Hope you all enjoy yourselves. I was in Boston once (1989) for Independence day and I was lucky because my room in my dorm looked directly out on where the fireworks were going on . The view was fantastic, and it was brilliant to be part of it even for 1 year only. I really have to go back! :D

Brooke
07-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Happy Independence Day everyone!http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/ek2.gif

We had a bar-b-cue at hubby's brothers' at noon today. They also have a pool so the afternoon was spent watching the kids swim and visiting. There were probably around 100 people there and terribly hot and humid. If you weren't swimming, you were sweating! It kind of turns into a marathon. I've come home to do some chores around the house (and cool off!). It is only a couple miles to their house. We will go back around 9 to watch the younger ones do the fireworks. Not to be compared to the ones they have in the cities!

thelongrun
07-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Feliz 4 de Julio amigos de Estados Unidos, Enjoy 8)

Your México friend

Ive always been a dreamer
07-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Hope everyone here in the U.S. had a great 4th of July. We had a family barbeque as well and I just got back in from watching a neighborhood fireworks display. Fortunately, our weather here was very comfortable for this time of year - sunny, 87 F, and very low humidity.

glenneaglesfan
07-05-2007, 05:12 AM
It's good to hear about your celebrations, and that the weather was good for fireworks. Over here, we seem to have had nothing but rain, and heavy rain at that, for the last six weeks. :?

janisjoplin
07-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Happy Independence Day to my American buddies :D

I spent 4th July 1985 in the company of Bruce Springsteen at Wembley Stadium - along with 80,000 fans - during his BITUSA tour :P

Freypower
07-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Hope you had a good day in the US.

The only significance July 4 has for me is it was my late grandmother's birthday (and strangely enough my late grandfather's birthday - yes, her husband - was January 26, Australia Day).

SweetHolly
07-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Hope everyone had a safe and happy day. I've been on vacation in Terre Haute, Indiana since Monday. My flights kept getting delayed but I finally arrived. I go back to Texas on July 25. For the 4th, the city of Terre Haute put on the fireworks display on July 3rd because they were expecting rain on the 4th. My aunts and I went to brunch with friends.

sodascouts
07-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Hope everyone had a safe and happy day. I've been on vacation in Terre Haute, Indiana since Monday. My flights kept getting delayed but I finally arrived. I go back to Texas on July 25. For the 4th, the city of Terre Haute put on the fireworks display on July 3rd because they were expecting rain on the 4th. My aunts and I went to brunch with friends.

Hope you had fun in the lovely state of Indiana! ;)

SweetHolly
07-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Hope you had fun in the lovely state of Indiana! ;)
I always do. :D
I come up to visit my dad's sisters every summer. They've been living in Terre Haute since 1966 when my grandpa moved the family from McNeil Island in Washington State. He worked for the federal prisons so that's why they moved. He originally worked at Alcatraz and then moved to McNeil Island and then to Terre Haute. 8)