PDA

View Full Version : Hi from H-town

Houston Baby
05-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Hi everyone! I am VERY excited to finally be on "The Border". I have spent the last 1 1/2 years "lurking" as Henley Honey called it so I feel like I already know everyone. In fact last year I went to NYC for Glenn's "After Hours" show & met HH & VA. I was sitting 2 seats over from HH & her hubby. Long story short (or is it too late for that :roll:) since they looked like nice sane people I introduced myself & asked if she was Joanie. It was an awesome show & HH & I have since stayed in touch.

And BTW I am aka "Nameless in Houston" as HH dubbed me. So thank you HH for posting all the Vegas pics, it was very sweet of you. I know it took a lot of time going thru all of them but what better subjects to spend time looking at for an evening! :nahnah:

Freypower
05-08-2013, 11:26 PM
It is nice to know who you are! You took some great photos in Vegas! I hope you enjoyed Glenn's show! Welcome!

Outlawman13
05-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Hello HB!!! I know I welcomed you in the other thread, but I will on here as well. LOL. I'm so glad that you stopped lurking and finally posted. You took amazing pictures of our guys. You are lucky that you got to see a Glenn Frey concert last year. I'm still waiting for my chance to see the Eagles and Glenn Frey in concert. Have fun posting on this awesome board!!!!

Witchy Woman
05-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Welcome, HB (or shall I say Nameless) !!

Houston Baby
05-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Thank you FP! I thought the Vegas pics turned out well considering I had dropped the camera the day before at the Grand Canyon & cracked the screen. :spin: I definitely included that camera in my prayers that night.

And as far as Glenn's show, let's just say my feet did NOT touch the ground on my walk back to the hotel afterwards!! :smitten:

Houston Baby
05-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Thank you Witchy Woman & Outlawman13 for the warm welcome!

OLMN13 - the next time the guys are in Houston, you HAVE to get here. You are not THAT far! Look forward to meeting you then. :thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
05-09-2013, 07:04 AM
ooh...welcome ...lol so glad to meet you...gotta run off to work so more later but....welcome Nameless in houston aka HB....loved your photos..

glad you are here
tt

Prettymaid
05-09-2013, 07:43 AM
Welcome HB, never again shall you be called Nameless! Glad you finally posted.

It's funny, I realize that there are folks who come here looking for info (good place for that) and don't register or don't post, but I've never considered that someone might lurk here for over a year! Again, I'm glad you made yourself known!

Henley Honey
05-09-2013, 09:22 AM
Hi everyone! I am VERY excited to finally be on "The Border". I have spent the last 1 1/2 years "lurking" as Henley Honey called it so I feel like I already know everyone. In fact last year I went to NYC for Glenn's "After Hours" show & met HH & VA. I was sitting 2 seats over from HH & her hubby. Long story short (or is it too late for that :roll:) since they looked like nice sane people I introduced myself & asked if she was Joanie. It was an awesome show & HH & I have since stayed in touch.

And BTW I am aka "Nameless in Houston" as HH dubbed me. So thank you HH for posting all the Vegas pics, it was very sweet of you. I know it took a lot of time going thru all of them but what better subjects to spend time looking at for an evening! :nahnah:

Well I'm glad you finally posted and came out of the shadows!! Now everyone on the border will find out what I've know for the last year -- that you're fun, upbeat, positive and take EXCELLENT pictures.

It's a year today since we met at Glenn's Town Hall show and I'm glad we've stayed in touch. Here's to many more concerts and long may you post!!!:cheers:

NYC Fan
05-09-2013, 09:26 AM
HB-

Welcome! Loved the Vegas pictures. Thanks for sharing them!

Brooke
05-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Houston Baby, welcome to The Border! I'm glad you finally decided to join in and post! If you love the Eagles, you will love it here! Post on!

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures with us! They are wonderful! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-09-2013, 10:50 AM
HB, when I welcomed you in the other thread, I wondered if you were our very own 'Nameless'! Welcome again and I'm glad you've stopped lurking!

It was great to meet you one year ago today, and I really wish I could see you again in Louisville, but it's not to be. I'm sure we'll meet again someday soon, though!!

WalshFan88
05-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Welcome to the asylum! :hilarious::hilarious:

Just kidding!

Welcome to the Border. :cheers:

Grey Sadler
05-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Welcome, HB (formerly Nameless) :wave:
Those were great pictures, btw!! :thumbsup:

Houston Debutante
05-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Hey glad to see another Houstonian! I'm kind of new myself but I'm enjoying it here.

Glennsallnighter
05-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Welcome from me too HB! What took ya so long........?

I kmow exacctly what you mean about your feet not touching the ground after seeing Glenn :heart:'s 'After Hours' show last year. I felt the same after seeing him in LA and in Fallsview.

I loved your pics - looking forward to getting to know you better!

cricrichan
05-09-2013, 05:23 PM
From me too :) Welcome to the Border HB!!! Glad you joined :D

Prettymaid
05-09-2013, 05:53 PM
GA, I just noticed you changed your location. :grin: I love it!

Outlawman13
05-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Thank you Witchy Woman & Outlawman13 for the warm welcome!

OLMN13 - the next time the guys are in Houston, you HAVE to get here. You are not THAT far! Look forward to meeting you then. :thumbsup:

OHHHH believe me when I say that I'm going to this one!!!!! I'm not missing our guys. I look forward to meeting you as well. That will be cool!!!!

Houston Baby
05-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Thank you everyone for the great reception! You guys have given me such a warm welcome and it is much appreciated. I have been an Eagles fan since the beginning however my knowledge of the Eagles does not compare to y'alls. I am amazed at how much I have learned here. I love everyone's passion and enthusiasm for our favorite band!!

And I was very happy to share the Vegas show photos. I knew they would be appreciated here. My family and friends did not understand why there were more photos of the concert than the Grand Canyon. :doh:

Austin - my best friend thinks I'm insane over the Eagles so I guess here is probably the best place for me. :hilarious:

Thanks again everyone! I am so happy to be here. And special thanks to Henley Honey who kept nagging, oops, I mean suggesting that I hurry up and join !:hug:

WalshFan88
05-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Austin - my best friend thinks I'm insane over the Eagles so I guess here is probably the best place for me. :hilarious:

You'd be hard-pressed to find a bigger group of diehard Eagles fans than here on the Border. :hilarious:

sodascouts
05-09-2013, 10:57 PM
I know I welcomed you in the other thread but I'll double dip and say once again that I'm glad you finally joined!

Houston Baby
05-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Thank you sodascouts for the double welcome! I know I am going to love it here & have a lot of fun besides learning so much about my absolute favorite band.

You have created some terrific sites and a wonderful, lively message board. I am in awe! I have seen the posts here about the many lives the Eagles have touched thru the years. I wonder if you realize how many people's lives you have impacted with your sites and this board. You have brought people together from all over the world. And I join the others in thanking you so much!! :applause:

Look forward to meeting you and the other Borderers in Louisville! :partytime:

zeldabjr
05-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Hi HB...and welcome to the Border...didn't realize who you were at first...you're the famous "Nameless"...ha ha...I know you will love it here...and thanks again for all your pics!

looking forward to meeting you in Louisville!!!...can't come soon enough!

sodascouts
05-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Thank you sodascouts for the double welcome! I know I am going to love it here & have a lot of fun besides learning so much about my absolute favorite band.

You have created some terrific sites and a wonderful, lively message board. I am in awe! I have seen the posts here about the many lives the Eagles have touched thru the years. I wonder if you realize how many people's lives you have impacted with your sites and this board. You have brought people together from all over the world. And I join the others in thanking you so much!! :applause:

Look forward to meeting you and the other Borderers in Louisville! :partytime:

Aw, how sweet! :hug:

Ive always been a dreamer
05-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Welcome from me as well, HB. So glad you made the jump from lurker to poster. We are pleased to have all Eagles lovers on The Border. I totally agree about how cool it is that we Eagles fans have a place like this that we can come to talk about our favorite band and to meet other like-minded fans from all over the world. I look forward to meeting you in Louisville. :thumbsup:

Houston Baby
05-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Thanks Zelda & Dreamer - I look forward to meeting y'all too!
It should be a rockin' good time in Louisville! I just wish everyone here could be there!:partytime:

prayfordaylight
05-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Glad to see you came out of hiding. Loved your pics! Welcome!

Houston Baby
05-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Thank you PFD! It was my pleasure to share the pics with such diehard fans here on The Border! :)